Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Was this dropped? It was coming out pretty regularly until right before the last chapter (a week without swapping).

If I recall correctly, Doki usually waits for the tankoubons (is that what they're called?) so that they can translate the version of the manga with the highest quality... and the volumes of this manga take a loooong time to come out. I think that's why there was a one-year gap between Volume 1 and Volume 2. Of course, I'm probably wrong, so feel free to correct me if I'm off base.

Yeah I remember something like that too, but volume 2 still has one chapter left (check the table of contents)

Teko-and-pikari-holding-hands
joined Jul 23, 2017

It's back...I think.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This series bothers me, but it's too useful not to read.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Yay, I missed this :)

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Yyay

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

BTW it looks like this series is the mangaka's only deal so no doubt their livelihood/ability to draw great stuff like this is tied into its success. so i'll definitely look for the tankobons.

also, it seems like they're (finally) progressing towards romance.

Natsuko is going to have to accept that Haruko looks at other girls. Once that's out of the way it should be all good, as they complement each other nicely.

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 3:38PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's baaaaaack! I missed this series so much. I hope Natsuko tones down the "no-homo" in future volumes though. This chapter had a lil bit too much of it. I'm glad the other characters see through her bullshit and call her out for her hypocrisy at least.

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

Why is this listed as completed?

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 4:22PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Why is this listed as completed?

Shoot i didnt even notice. Is this really the last chapter? There was a "see you in volume 3" message at the end though D:

joined Mar 15, 2017

It's still an ongoing series. It's on about chapter 37.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Yay an update!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This series bothers me, but it's too useful not to read.

I applaud you for what you did there.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"I've never been in love" well, that kills my heart a little.
Welcome back swap swap !

joined May 23, 2015

The chapter seems kind of like a sudden tie up ending to the series but no, it's still going strong. It consistently runs at the front of the magazine, placing it in good company next to New Game, A-channel, and Hidamari Sketch. It's actually one of the very few series always at the front of the magazine that hasn't had an anime adaptation.

Next volume should be out in 2-3 months.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

I hope Natsuko tones down the "no-homo" in future volumes though. This chapter had a lil bit too much of it.

I really don't think that Natsuko means it like that. Pretty sure she just finds it embarrassing to kiss someone in general and thinks that it should be something special that only couples in love should do, instead of doing it solely because it's useful.

joined May 23, 2015

Pretty sure she just finds it embarrassing to kiss someone in general and thinks that it should be something special that only couples in love should do, instead of doing it solely because it's useful.

Combining that outlook on kissing with her statement in this chapter that she doesn't dislike kissing Haruko leads to some interesting interpretations.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The chapter seems kind of like a sudden tie up ending to the series but no, it's still going strong. It consistently runs at the front of the magazine, placing it in good company next to New Game, A-channel, and Hidamari Sketch. It's actually one of the very few series always at the front of the magazine that hasn't had an anime adaptation.

Next volume should be out in 2-3 months.

Might wanna fix ixlone's release post which just reads "Here you go, final chapter of Swap."

joined May 23, 2015

I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose, because this DOES seem kind of like a "series suddenly got cancelled" final chapter. And he likes trolling.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Dont play with my heart

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think for Haruko, Natsuko would HAVE to allow her to girl watch. That's probably non-negotiable, she does it instinctively.

What would make Natsuko more likely to want to be Haruko's girlfriend? Any thoughts?

I just had one she often says Haruko is cute when she doesn't open her mouth.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 8:14PM

Relax
joined Sep 7, 2016

If they actually release those figures with the interchangeable faces I'm gonna have to get them...

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure Figma faces can already be swapped out if you really wanted to.

joined Mar 13, 2016

its back and so many color pages <3

joined Apr 25, 2017

It has been so long that I forgot everything. I don't even know the characters anymore... Going to have to re-read this some time

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"I wouldn't want to kiss my own body" that was nice, I'm glad there's a real yuri couple around not fooling around I'm certain the main characters could stay together but at the very end Thanks for translating the new chapter! it was like a special somehow? so many color pages and goods

To reply you must either login or sign up.