Wait... What?!

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

If I were Ayafuji, I'll be like
"Ummm... can I get my 100 million back?"

Should've taken the money.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm predicting that they will both end up dying and being reborn again in the future. Ayafuji will actually die and Iris will go back to crysalis state only to meet again in the future and repeat the process all over again. They kinda hinted at it in the beginning here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampire_chan_junior_chan_ch02#18 that Iris knew Sara before probably a century ago.

They also keep referencing those flowers that die and bloom over and over again so I don't think they're being that subtle of the direction they're taking it.

So in the end we'll probably get a bittersweet end where they'll separate now, but will always find their way to each other again when Iris wakes up.

(I'm not particularly happy if they do take it this way because i don't see reincarnation as a happy end. It always feels like a cheap way to bring couples back together, but they never have their old memories and are practically different people so even if they are "together" again, they arent really.)

116d38e469849f085d560dc273ca4365_480
joined Sep 22, 2016

^ Sir I think you simply regconize the whole story ahead of this

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I'm predicting that they will both end up dying and being reborn again in the future. Ayafuji will actually die and Iris will go back to crysalis state only to meet again in the future and repeat the process all over again. They kinda hinted at it in the beginning here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampire_chan_junior_chan_ch02#18 that Iris knew Sara before probably a century ago.

They also keep referencing those flowers that die and bloom over and over again so I don't think they're being that subtle of the direction they're taking it.

So in the end we'll probably get a bittersweet end where they'll separate now, but will always find their way to each other again when Iris wakes up.

(I'm not particularly happy if they do take it this way because i don't see reincarnation as a happy end. It always feels like a cheap way to bring couples back together, but they never have their old memories and are practically different people so even if they are "together" again, they arent really.)

I wouldn't count on that. The story has been pretty pseudo-scientific until now, so putting reincarnation into it suddenly would be weird.
There's also another reason as to why I don't think it's likely, but that's spoiler from next chapter.

joined Apr 7, 2016

No wonder they offer brides 100 million yen. Should've taken it, Ayafuji.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

This actually sounds fairly legit

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Don't forget the story also hints something's up with Ayafuji
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampire_chan_junior_chan_ch01#49

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That mysterious hint is just a mess, isn't? She's lost everything and gained one thing but then she loses all again, so is that in total still having lost everything and nothing gained or has she now gained something different so the total is not quite everything lost but only almost all?

... kidding aside, I hate that sort of blunt foreshadowing. Hint at stuff, not come right out with a message from the future that's so vague it's meaningless anyway!

joined Aug 28, 2016

That mysterious hint is just a mess, isn't? She's lost everything and gained one thing but then she loses all again, so is that in total still having lost everything and nothing gained or has she now gained something different so the total is not quite everything lost but only almost all?

... kidding aside, I hate that sort of blunt foreshadowing. Hint at stuff, not come right out with a message from the future that's so vague it's meaningless anyway!

My best guess at the moment is that the "one thing" is Iris's love. Sara's dying in a year, so she's "lost everything", but they're together. If that's what it means, then the next step is for her to lose Iris somehow.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

being forced to repeat the same tragedy over and over again, if they both met each other. it reminds me a lot of meliodas and Liz in nanatsu no taizai. Imnot gonna lie, this is so painful ;_;

last edited at Oct 29, 2017 9:58PM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I saw that coming. Kind of semi explains the withdrawal now.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

The girls....in Nakatani-sensei's style....I've been blessed????

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Huh. Did the Japanese Stewartia extra put quotes around "die" for emphasis, or are they giving away that she's not going to die in the normal sense?

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

being forced to repeat the same tragedy over and over again, if they both met each other. it reminds me a lot of meliodas and Liz in nanatsu no taizai. Imnot gonna lie, this is so painful ;_;

Or Elly and Fei in Xenogears. Damn eternal recurrence.

Huh. Did the Japanese Stewartia extra put quotes around "die" for emphasis, or are they giving away that she's not going to die in the normal sense?

We had the same discussion. Results remain inconclusive until later chapters come out since it's hard to deal with foreshadowing without being able to contact the author. It's set up so it could be either, which is probably how it was meant to be and will for sure be one or the other in time.

last edited at Oct 29, 2017 11:08PM

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

That's exactly what i was thinking.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uh? Are melons that expensive in Japan? Here we have them at $3 USD I guess (Val Verde)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uh? Are melons that expensive in Japan? Here we have them at $3 USD I guess (Val Verde)

It's a top-of-the-line fancy gourmet melon, not one of the regular kind.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Japan has a weird thing with fruit that I don't totally understand. Fancy fruits have high price tags.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

"Melonbooks Exclusive Booklet?" Are the video game industry's accursed practices making their way into my yuri?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Melonbooks Exclusive Booklet?" Are the video game industry's accursed practices making their way into my yuri?

Preeeety sure there have been exclusive extras like this for a long time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.