Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Feb 2, 2016

So the manger and Mel are going get married this going no man land
That surprise was the fiancé. That everyone in that girl school have wait for them when they graduate high school

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yes, they are. Mei, again, has lost all agency of her own and now needs Yuzu to be a bigger part in her life in order to change it. The test of her character growth is that she was caught continually lying? Looks like she already failed the test, if only they had already dealt with this exact situation a long time ago...

So you have read the next chapters already? Because so far there's nothing at all that supports your reading. Mei was ready to confess this chapters before Matsuri (like the readers) jumped the gun and started to scream bloody murder over speculations from characters that aren't the ones up to date with whatever happens on the Aihara family household.

It's literally a direct parallel since it's the same exact situation. Mei is once again engaged to another arranged fiance without Yuzu's knowledge and requires Yuzu to step in to save her AGAIN.

Yuzu knew form the get go that Mei was engaged to the teacher so your comparison falls apart from the start.

You have got to be joking. Foreshadowing and easter eggs? Come on, please, where was the foreshadowing that Mei somehow got engaged again without anyone knowing? The fact that the mother doesn't say anything just shows that Saburouta is just pulling this out of her ass.

And that is precisely why I'm waiting to see where is Saburota going with all of this. Is not the firs time that people here creates huge narratives without basis. Just last month we had people 100% that Mei was dying

There have been four love triangles: Amemiya, Himeko, Sara, and Matsrui. Now here comes a fifth in the form of another arranged marriage. At this point Citrus can qualify as a harem manga with how many people are trying to get into Mei's panties.

Yuzu and Mei weren't into a relationship, let alone know each other when Amemiya was a factor on the plot and Yuzu step in not because she was in love but because she thought it was the right thing to do.

Himeko and Matsuri are the only ones who have actively try to force their feelings over the crushes. And Sara's confession wasn't a real love triangle since she was fast to step up as soon she was made aware of the situation and her role actually pushed Yuzu and Mei into a relationship.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

So the manger and Mel are going get married this going no man land
That surprise was the fiancé. That everyone in that girl school have wait for them when they graduate high school

It's actually stated early on that most girls in the school have fiancés.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch02#13

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Matsuri just gets shoved down Harumin's cleavage. And we wonder why they aren't official yet.

I just wonder why this story is not about them instead.

joined May 9, 2017

So she has a fiance now. On the other hand the grandfather said this once

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch04#5

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So you have read the next chapters already? Because so far there's nothing at all that supports your reading. Mei was ready to confess this chapters before Matsuri (like the readers) jumped the gun and started to scream bloody murder over speculations from characters that aren't the ones up to date with whatever happens on the Aihara family household.

Confess to what? Oh wait, we don't know because it was conveniently interrupted. If Mei is engaged again then she has already failed to be trustworthy, she should have told Yuzu a long time ago. It wouldn't have been a big deal since they have already literally dealt with this same situation already.

Yuzu knew form the get go that Mei was engaged to the teacher so your comparison falls apart from the start.

Except she didn't. She didn't even know Mei was her sister. She didn't know that Mei didn't actually love him until she confronted her about it. Again, it's literally another family set up arranged marriage, it's the same exact situation.

And that is precisely why I'm waiting to see where is Saburota going with all of this. Is not the firs time that people here creates huge narratives without basis. Just last month we had people 100% that Mei was dying

No, you did not. People were just speculating, there wasn't a huge reaction like this. We have characters talking about a situation that the whole series started with that all the sudden has become an issue once again. Your comparison might hold water if the series didn't start out with the old and tired arranged marriage trope.

Yuzu and Mei weren't into a relationship, let alone know each other when Amemiya was a factor on the plot and Yuzu step in not because she was in love but because she thought it was the right thing to do.

Himeko and Matsuri are the only ones who have actively try to force their feelings over the crushes. And Sara's confession wasn't a real love triangle since she was fast to step up as soon she was made aware of the situation and her role actually pushed Yuzu and Mei into a relationship.

Narrative wise it's still a love triangle, we were hinted at back then that Yuzu had feelings for Mei and those feelings made her go above and beyond to protect her.

You have a weird definition of a love triangle. Sara's confession is what caused Yuzu so much stress and grief that it finally got her to make her own move in fear that she would lose her chance to be with Mei. Yuzu certainly thought Sara's confession was an actual threat.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Matsuri just gets shoved down Harumin's cleavage. And we wonder why they aren't official yet.

I just wonder why this story is not about them instead.

Because this is not a loli-onee manga

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

I swear this story has literally gone nowhere since Mei has moved in...

The story is mediocre at best on par with cheap melodrama and unfinished storyboard pages passing as final drafts.
Oh, and It's popular I guess.

My_neighbor_totoro__totoro_by_grenadewhistle-d6iwwr8
joined Jan 15, 2015

Am i the only one who thinks Mei looks very much alike TWICE Tzuyu?

i used to love the Mei's mysteriousness ...now im not even sure anymore what's going on with her or the whole plot rather

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

The story is mediocre at best on par with cheap melodrama and unfinished storyboard pages passing as final drafts

I bet Saburouta didn't want to release a new chapter this month like previous times when a volume was out. I guess she was pressured by her editor to do so.

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 5:27AM

joined Sep 25, 2015

I don't give a rat's ass about Yuzu and Mei's relationship anymore since it's fucking garbage with all this shit tier drama. I'm just continuing to read because I don't want to stop and I'm starting to enjoy the anger just like with Nisekoi (another garbage manga but best girl still won lol).

joined Sep 25, 2015

What matters to me the most now is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE YURI GODS LET HARUMI X MATSURI BE A REAL THING!!!

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

So she has a fiance now. On the other hand the grandfather said this once

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch04#5

Well, I think he was more talking about her career path than her love life. Perhaps it was also in the spur of the moment, he had almost died, so after some time to reflect, Japanese being extreme traditionalist, he changed is mind?

That said, it could also come from Mei herself. He said "chose the live you want to live" or something close in the official translation and she confessed to Yuzu that she wanted to take the direction of the school after her father left. The difference with the beginning of the story is that it's now Mei's own choice.

Now think about it, what good would it do to a prestigious all girl highschool with only daughters of filthy rich parents with EXTREME traditionalist views to have a female director that is not only single (which is a mortal sin in Japan from what I gathered), but in a couple with her own step-sister? Sure, Mei told Yuzu in the library that they had to go on without caring about other people's opinion, but if she doesn't want her school (her brand new life goal, something she chose thanks to Yuzu) to go out of business because none of the old farts would want their daughters to be in a school ran by a lesbian, she will have to make some concessions.

It makes sense and it wouldn't be the same as their first obstacle. First Yuzu was there to free Mei from her social prison, force her to make her own choices, which she did. Matsuri was there for Mei to fully embrace her feelings, Sara was there for Yuzu to fully embrace Mei's feelings. Harumin's sister was there for Yuzu to help her friend. Volume 6 was pretty sweet but added society's viewpoint on Mei and Yuzu's love. Volume 7 doesn't have that much conflict, but we saw Mei's starting to struggle to keep her feelings in check, that was passed on volume 8 which was pretty low in conflict and pretty sweet as well.

But now, Mei's choice clashes with her love for Yuzu. But wait and see. I really think this a series that should be read only by volumes. When I read the entire thread, lots of people were whining and flipping tables because they thought the story will go in one direction when it went in another (sometimes they were right as well); I think the rage sentiment induced by cliffhangers would have a much less negative impact if read by volumes. That said, it's the same with TV shows and everything else with cliffhangers.

Perhaps it's just Mei fearing Yuzu's reactions to a scam marriage to protect the reputation of her future school. There would also be Mei's inner struggle to deal with the fact that she loves Yuzu intensely and the need to hide it. Finally, for a love triangle to happen, shouldn't there be three parties in love? We don't know anything yet about the fiancé (or if she has one), they could very well do a good arrangement.

Confess to what? Oh wait, we don't know because it was conveniently interrupted.

Oh come on, it's pretty obvious from the situation and all the chapters before.

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 8:18AM

Capture
joined Dec 21, 2016

Well I don't think this story was bad or anything else. In my opinion Citrus is certainly great. Each character appeared to enhance love between Yuzu and Mei and It's not annoying. Mei is the kind of character who was arranged by her family and she is familiar with her character for a long time. Saburo Uta made her character change slowly from the first chapter to this chapter. I don't know what kind of story people love to read, but for me Citrus is quite good because I usually misread some bad stories which just love and have sex too fast .__. If anyone has other good GL mangas, please recommend for me. ^^

About Mei? She is not good enough to communicate and show her feelings for anyone, she has just changed her mind when meeting Yuzu and loving her. In my view Mei really loves Yuzu so much. Mei needs to be with Yuzu, wait for her everytime but she is not brave to make another different things which is counteractive with her character and she doesn't know what it is.

About Yuzu? She loves Mei too much, but she didn't understand Mei's feelings. I can see all chapters they have rare conversations. Everytime Mei wants to be with her, but Yuzu usually goes out even invites many friends to come and play.

Love but not understand is the kind of ill-treated love, so they need to understand each other.

I love the way Saburo Uta showed all her characters and made the story improve Mei x Yuzu's feelings.

I think the moment when Mei says to Yuzu: "I love you." will be the best moment with me.

I still wait for this manga every month to follow their improvement.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I think the moment when Mei says to Yuzu: "I love you." will be the best moment with me.

I think the way she said it using Anthoniko was a really, really sweet moment. I'm still squealing like a little girl on the inside.

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 8:33AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Confess to what? Oh wait, we don't know because it was conveniently interrupted.

Oh come on, it's pretty obvious from the situation and all the chapters before.

Oh, so Mei loves Emilia! Of course, now it all makes sense.

But seriously, if it's just the plain "I love you" then why go through the effort of having it interrupted? What's the point? And of course, since this is a manga, they don't talk to each other for the rest of the night or continue it the next day. Because that's how conversations work. /s

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 8:35AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Oh, so Mei loves Emilia! Of course, now it all makes sense.

Yeah it was pretty obvious. I don't know how you missed it...

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I-I still wonder why this is so popular (in the West obviously). Author clearly likes drama but is unable to bring a good drama everytime and keeps adding random characters. Now it's an arranged marriage. This story should be all about Matsuri and Harumi instead, what a waste.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

What matters to me the most now is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE YURI GODS LET HARUMI X MATSURI BE A REAL THING!!!

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Also side note... what did Matsuri scratch into the ground on the credits page? Yuzu x Mei? Or Harumin x Matsuri (⊙v⊙)

Maybe Yuzu x Mei drama will inspire Matsuri to be bold and say “Harumin-Sempai let’s not waste anytime. Let’s get together” lol

joined Jun 23, 2017

Author clearly likes drama but is unable to bring a good drama everytime [...]

That's your problem here. People like it even if you don't or if it's objectively good (ugh) or not. I love the characters and I like to see how they react. I'm loving the angst and the fact that I'm screaming internally when something gets in their way. I love to see them struggle because despite all the suffering and internal conflict they have, it is worth it at the end.

Now, people have to understand that not everybody has read the entire repertoire of dynasty scans four times. So there is a chance that others may not have your high standards and may not get tired of tropes you've read a hundred times. Be it because they didn't read it a hundred times or because they are more tolerant to it.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Also side note... what did Matsuri scratch into the ground on the credits page? Yuzu x Mei? Or Harumin x Matsuri (⊙v⊙)

Maybe Yuzu x Mei drama will inspire Matsuri to be bold and say “Harumin-Sempai let’s not waste anytime. Let’s get together” lol

it reads "mei-san <3 yuzu-chan"

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Author clearly likes drama but is unable to bring a good drama everytime [...]

That's your problem here. People like it even if you don't or if it's objectively good (ugh) or not. I love the characters and I like to see how they react. I'm loving the angst and the fact that I'm screaming internally when something gets in their way. I love to see them struggle because despite all the suffering and internal conflict they have, it is worth it at the end.

Now, people have to understand that not everybody has read the entire repertoire of dynasty scans four times. So there is a chance that others may not have your high standards and may not get tired of tropes you've read a hundred times. Be it because they didn't read it a hundred times or because they are more tolerant to it.

I wasn't rude since I didn't attack any fans of this manga. I'm just curious about its popularity in the West since I think it's pretty overrated. And being objective, even some fans of this manga are able to admit the writing is not very good and even mediocre at times (like this chapter). I don't mind anyone loving it, I was just stating my view and if you feel offended, then I'll say the same thing you said, that's your problem.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

The first page was so intense, is like they had sex with clothes.
Anyway, the fiance thing not even made sense in today japan since company can join each other just with contract
Brrr...this girls been touched by men is so unconfortable.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Well I don't think this story was bad or anything else. In my opinion Citrus is certainly great. Each character appeared to enhance love between Yuzu and Mei and It's not annoying. Mei is the kind of character who was arranged by her family and she is familiar with her character for a long time. Saburo Uta made her character change slowly from the first chapter to this chapter. I don't know what kind of story people love to read, but for me Citrus is quite good because I usually misread some bad stories which just love and have sex too fast .__. If anyone has other good GL mangas, please recommend for me. ^^

About Mei? She is not good enough to communicate and show her feelings for anyone, she has just changed her mind when meeting Yuzu and loving her. In my view Mei really loves Yuzu so much. Mei needs to be with Yuzu, wait for her everytime but she is not brave to make another different things which is counteractive with her character and she doesn't know what it is.

About Yuzu? She loves Mei too much, but she didn't understand Mei's feelings. I can see all chapters they have rare conversations. Everytime Mei wants to be with her, but Yuzu usually goes out even invites many friends to come and play.

Love but not understand is the kind of ill-treated love, so they need to understand each other.

I love the way Saburo Uta showed all her characters and made the story improve Mei x Yuzu's feelings.

I still wait for this manga every month to follow their improvement.

I couldn't agree more with everything you've written. I'd much rather read this (frustrating for some) slow burner, than stuff in which they confess and proceed to kiss/fuck eachother right away. This obviously referring to series, to mangas that pretend to be serious, because like everyone, I always love me a steamy doujin.

Mei obviously has issues communicating, and I enjoy seeing them trying to make things work anyway. I found really funny how everyone knew about them being together, even though they've been trying to hide it for so long. Although maybe Mei told Eyebrows-chan? Hmmm...

On another note, do you guys remember this series used to be released on a bimonthly schedule, right? Well, now a chapter is being released every month, so that would explain why it's so unpolished. I'm sure they're pushing Saburo Uta to finish it soon, because of the anime.

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 2:30PM

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Like NTR, the anime will not adapt the 8 volumes. 12 episodes make it impossible. The manga will continue after the anime that serves as promotion material. NTR is still published even though the anime ended.

last edited at Oct 22, 2017 3:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.