Forum › Their Story discussion

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

she's also the one who wanted to take notes for SJ when she hurt her arm

Forgot about that... this is starting to look ominous, lol.
Seriously though, I think she is just a classic high school admirer, not an impending obstacle.

last edited at Oct 20, 2017 3:09AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Seriously though, I think she is just a classic high school admirer, not an impending obstacle.

It sounds serious, but I also doubt that this series will get darker suddenly. That would be something, though O.o

C29f727d816b87c23ddab923495e135f241f8f99_hq
joined Apr 9, 2016

I noticed something very important and I might be wrong but that girl at the end of the 19/10 update, isn't that the same girl that invited sun jing to her birthday in the first chapters uploaded, dude the author was planning this from the beginning XD

Lol I might be wrong, don't take this seriously

Yes, same girl. she's also the one who wanted to take notes for SJ when she hurt her arm and the one who gave her water during gym class XD

I also noticed she appeared more times just now (I'm rereading the series currently)

joined May 21, 2015

It sounds serious, but I also doubt that this series will get darker suddenly. That would be something, though O.o

Yeah we all know SJ only got eyes for QT :D I think pink hair will be the catalyst for QT to, you know, finally admit to herself that she likes SJ as well haha XD Pardon my wishful thinking XD

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I lost it at the umbrella getting run over by the car.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I like that at the party, Qi Fang is shown grabbing his jacket, but then you never see it again

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Definitely seems like QT is noticing that other girls are 'miring SJ, and just waiting to realize that she's quite conflicted about that.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yeah, seems this is going to go down the road of QT realizing her feelings after seeing other girls hitting on SJ. A bit cliche but effective.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yeah we all know SJ only got eyes for QT :D I think pink hair will be the catalyst for QT to, you know, finally admit to herself that she likes SJ as well haha XD Pardon my wishful thinking XD

That's true. Those two are too cute. But in any other manga I'd have expected that the admiring girl would do something to sabotage the relationship between QT and SJ because of jealousy, but not in Their Story. ^^
QT is a bit of an airhead when it comes to love. She might never have even thought about that SJ is attractive and cool :3

joined Jul 22, 2014

I kind of hoping it develop into something unexpected with a smart threesome, that other girl brings something more than just catalyst or obstacle.
Like getting the girl of your dreams come true sort of thing.

Say have the author release an English version of Their Story yet or acknowledge its English fans?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, I started re-reading this from the beginning and also noticed the other girl from the first release. That is cool then, how she has been established before and not just randomly inserted.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Obviously, that girl is a trigger. That she likes SJ as a fan or as a lesbian is irrelevant.

She's probably going to be all over Sun Jing and make QT feel uncomfortable, and eventually make her realize that she thinks of Sun Jing as more than a friend.

But that the author foreshadowed it early is a nice touch.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Umbrella-kun, nooo!

Qui Tong is sooo cuuute (and pretty)! And Sun Jing is really rocking the cool beauty role in this one. Plus, the Giant Senpai continues to be a really awesome guy. Oh, and happy birthday Mophead!

joined Aug 21, 2017

It even has a wholesome ending to the basketball arc. Man, this is so good.

Rai
joined Aug 2, 2017

cuuute!

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

GIRL! YPUR BUTCH IS SHOWING AND ITS BEAUTIFUL I THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

"Ypur"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New update in their site, pretty damn bold!

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

"Ypur"?

Your*

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Can't say I'm fond of claims of ownership.

She's not "yours". She's her own person and can well damn choose for herself. If that guy had been harassing her, okay. But he was just making a move toward a pretty girl and I don't think he was overly insistent. However, she didn't have the time to answer.

I'd be QT, I'd be upset. "You like me, okay. It doesn't mean you can control who I talk to."

But I suspect it will be played as comedy and will make QT blush, the other girl jealous and the guys dumbfounded.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'd be QT, I'd be upset. "You like me, okay. It doesn't mean you can control who I talk to."

And that would be one hell of an overreaction. You really think SJ should just stay still and watch someone hit on the girl she likes? And do you think that QT wants SJ to silently drown in jealousy?

last edited at Oct 25, 2017 8:34AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

SJ could have been more subtle.

It doesn't bother me that she reacts. It's normal : nobody likes to see the object of their affection being hit on.

Just, "She's mine!" is a very forceful and controlling statement, IMO.

It leaves to QT only two possible reactions : passively acknowledging it by staying silent or reject it publicly. Reminder : they are NOT in a relationship. They are just friends as far as QT is concerned.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Just, "She's mine!" is a very forceful and controlling statement, IMO.

The only one she is controlling is the dude. It's like hanging out with a group of friends and seeing a hot girl at the bar, the first one to talk to her is the one that calls dibs.

They are just friends as far as QT is concerned.

No, they're not. QT is fully aware of SJ's feelings for her. It's not just mere friendship if one knows that the other is in love with them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There are only few statements she could've made in the spur of the moment, she's clearly angry at the guy who was like "Hey, I justmetyouandthisiscrazybutheresmynumbersocallmemaybe?" and you gotta keep those guys away asap.

If QT says something more subtle like "She's off limits!" "Stop it!" it requires an explanation, he will react like "Why? she's not dating anyone and I just want to be her friend(...)" but if she states "She's mine!" the message is very clear "get away from the person I like now or I will break you" lol and I don't think that there are jealous feelings involved, that was only rage directed at the guy... Regardless of what she said or how she said it, I wonder what else could've been said with the same immediate effect.
As for how SJ's reaction... That's what this is all about but we can only wait, my bet is that she's gonna walk away pretty fast to clear her mind... And she could react to the public revelation of homosexuality too

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's just how I feel about that kind of statement.

We have seen that QT is lonely and has very few friends. So, when SJ said she liked her, but that it shouldn't change their friendship, she was more than happy to keep her as a friend. Of course, she's conscious of the constant SJ's moves on her, but I don't think she loves SJ "that way" for now. It will surely come, but she's not there yet.

This scene here, if I were in QT's shoes, would make me reconsider how SJ views me. A potential lover or a property? Is QT a child? Can't she talk for herself and eventually politely reject the guy? She's infantilized in the relationship.

I may sound like an angry feminist or something, but somehow, here, SJ is treating QT like a macho guy would. I know SJ is pretty butch, but it doesn't mean she has to mimic a seme/uke relationship.

But perception may vary, so I'll keep it as my own opinion.

To reply you must either login or sign up.