Forum › Sayuri’s Little Sister Is An Angel discussion

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Kiena
I just felt that the various plotlines ended in an unsatisfying manner. The Oga x Himeko plotline just sort of ended with "they've sort of become normal friends". The Kusanagi plotline just sort of ended with "bad Kusanagi! don't!". And the Sayuri x Mikoto plotline just sort of ended with "I want to be together". I'd have liked to see more mutual displays of love. :/

joined May 20, 2013

@Kiena
I just felt that the various plotlines ended in an unsatisfying manner. The Oga x Himeko plotline just sort of ended with "they've sort of become normal friends". The Kusanagi plotline just sort of ended with "bad Kusanagi! don't!". And the Sayuri x Mikoto plotline just sort of ended with "I want to be together". I'd have liked to see more mutual displays of love. :/

I also felt that the intention might've been to continue it longer, but maybe it didn't depend only on the author. The idea of a different answer to why Mikoto is an angel, or other expansion ideas might've been rejected, or the story wasn't popular enough? I don't know which magazine it ran in originally. The whole's existence and ending still makes me happy enough, though, which can't be said about many other works.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 3:02PM

joined Sep 25, 2013

That fuck up woman

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

3 thoughts:

1) Reading this again after the long update while've been watching Maid Dragon throughout the season, I was like "Oh wow, this feels like Kobayashi-san with Sayuri as Kobayashi & Mikoto as Tohru." Then I realized their last name is literally Kobayashi lol

2) With all the sexual tensions, will they go all the way with this manga? (Doubt it, but still)

3) Oh wow, what turn of event, what unique drama. Didn't see that one coming miles ahead at all. It's like I haven't seen the exact same jealousy/misunderstanding drama before in like... every shoujo/yuri romance ever.

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 11:18PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Is Itou Hachi not used to serials to the point he had to resort to any cliché plotline he could think of or was there an evil producer at Media Factory forcing his hand all along "this needs some drama; doesn't matter how forced it feels, and a love triangle with a two-bit antagonist And don't you dare forget about the cliffhanger! Now, let's make some money huehehehe"
Itou Hachi is love so I'm definitely going with the evil producer.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

If yuri-ism finishes this series, it'll be the first completed series by Itou on this site, lmao. (Although Legally Married Yuri Couple Book is only missing the extra chapters)

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 3:09PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is it incest if your sister already died and came back as an angel with wings and it's on Dynasty? I say NO WAY!

PEDO ALERT PEDO ALERT!!! GET THAT WOMAN IN PRISON!!! I MEAN THE ONE WHO'S FORCING THE LIL ONE, NOT THE PEDO ONEE-CHAN!! XD....O_O

Wait what??! I come and go and actually forgot what age the lil angel is, she's no young kid anymore right?? Why does she look like a small child in the latest chapter with the crazy one there??!

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 4:13PM by

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

i bet mikoto's already dead

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

The Oga x Himeko plotline just sort of ended with "they've sort of become normal friends". :/

That makes me really angry.

joined Dec 22, 2016

Where is the continuation chapter? It's been long now.
I wanna know what happens next.

Hqdefault
joined Jan 12, 2017

Waiting for the next chapter is killing MEEEEEEEEEEE :(

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

The premise of coming back to fulfill unfinished wishes sure drops a red flag that this could end on a VERY sad note... I don't think my heart would be able to handle it if one were to "die" or pass on at the end of this story.

Yet, even still, I can't help but read and want more. I keep on seeing all these tiny flags for a sad end, but I'm hooked. Absolutely want to read this one to the end.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Maybe it's not that she's come back from the dead as an angel to fulfill unfinished wishes, but instead she just made a deal with the devil to recover from her illness and be able to fly to her sister. Then there might be a happy ending. Until their souls are forever damned, but that would be outside the scope of the manga.

joined May 14, 2016

I've just finished the 4th volume and rather confused. I have a big question that I alone can't find the answer, really need someone to share the opinion.
Why Oga can see the wings&halo and can remember Mikoto? Sayuri is special in this story, so, it is not uncommon for her, but what about Oga? What make Oga special?
Awww, talking about special Oga, Imagine a series where Oga is the main protagonist =////= That must be awesome!

joined Sep 7, 2017

CHAP 17??? I NEED ITTTTTTT

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm sad about what I read :(

But the story is really nice and sweet, I can't wait for the vol4. Thank you for the translation!

Images%20(1)
joined Nov 14, 2017

Where can I read the 4th vol?
Or did you guys buyed the manga?
I want to read it so badly!

Marie Takanashi
joined Jan 1, 2018

Please continue this series ITS REALLY GOOD. I love it. It's been a while since I've seen this type of work. I'm really a fan.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not gonna read this, it has like ten flags of sad ending

joined Dec 4, 2016

So happy this series is finished! But I was wondering why Oga can see Mikoto's wings. I don't remember that ever being established.

joined Jun 30, 2016

This ending feels kinda rushed! i like that she didnt die but just look at her she looks so weak :( i hope that the fact that she manage to get out of the hospital means that she is getting stronger and better and what about oga? why she was the only one beside sayuri that remembered Mikoto and could see her wings? this needs one more chapter man!

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 11:55PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Good end confirmed.
Resting easy tonight.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

You ever read something so beautiful you cry?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

As many said in spoilers and not, it feels pretty rushed, but still pretty sweet. I was ready for her to be dead, but it still hurt somehow. Learning she was only in coma was a sweet surprise. I really like how they treated the incest question and how, in the end, Sayuri was okay with it even knowing it's considered "wrong".

That said, Mikoto's right in the afterword... There was no sex dammit! And how it was brought up in the story would have made a glorious scene!!

Thank you for the translation <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.