Forum › Beloved L discussion

joined Sep 11, 2014

That was smooth af, Wei Wei.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 9:01AM

joined Dec 19, 2016

Oh hell no. She chose to leave her and get married. Takes those crocodile tears elsewhere.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Oh hell no. She chose to leave her and get married. Takes those crocodile tears elsewhere.

Exactly... Wei Wei might still love her, deep in her heart. She might not be over her. But I seriously doubt that she's forgiven her for dumping her in favor of a hetero relationship that is acceptable and, most likely, loveless AF. Sorry, babe, you made your bed. Now lie in it... (That statement can be taken with two meanings of the word "Lie".)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, I wouldn't mind her finding some other reasonable happy end for herself. But trying to butt into her old relationships when she's the one that screwed them over is a big NO-NO (also ironic she's asking how well they know each other, critically, while those two knew each other perfectly - and look how that turned out!).

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Sorry Dr. Lu. There is no place for you there, no more.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Korath posted:

Its so long I read this. Why did her ex girl friend leave her to be to gether with that man dude? Just "normal society" issues and create a family? I dunno remember. It obviously was the wrong descision for her..

IIRC, it was because of her family's pressure. Depending on the social standing of her family, it's either that, or get disowned and become a pariah in her own family, or even in ALL of her social circle.

It's pretty common in Asian families. Men have a little more leeway, but after 30, they are expected to follow the same path.

It's "easy" for us to say that she should have ditched her whole family to get together with Wei-wei, but it's a really difficult choice and I can't condemn her for caving in but having regrets afterward because she's unhappy.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Is the scene from the beginning of this new chapter with the other doctor or her new girlfriend?

It is of Dr. Wei and Ding Yi, the current girlfriend.

2014-09-06-korra
joined Aug 18, 2015

Is the scene from the beginning of this new chapter with the other doctor or her new girlfriend?

Wut? That doesn't make sense. It's a flashback of Wei and Lu. With a continuation of the flashback at the end of the chapter, which is why Lu is crying. She's remembering the scene while looking through the window. Just look at the colors of the flashback panels - all blue, starting with the window.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Wut? That doesn't make sense. It's a flashback of Wei and Lu. With a continuation of the flashback at the end of the chapter, which is why Lu is crying. She's remembering the scene while looking through the window. Just look at the colors of the flashback panels - all blue, starting with the window.

The start of the chapter is Ding Yi with the blue panels and ends with Ding Yi in the blue panels on 14h asking if Wei Wei will always love her no matter what Wei might find out. On page 14h, the first two blue cells 7-8, are transitions depicting Lu alone in a room looking through a set of blinds. In cell 9, the perspective of the lighting changes to inside the room and by panel 10, the lines of light are gone indicating a removal of the window or view into the room. To me, the sequence shows Lu looking in on a love that could have been hers. Lu can imagine what the relationship between Wei and Ding Yi might look like, but the changing of the lighting shows that her imagination can only take her so far.

The whole set-up to the chapter was addressing Lu's lingering romantic feelings for Wei, Wei's commitment to Ding Yi, and a signaling of coming revelations regarding Ding Yi.

Cell 16 to the end of 15h the character Wei is with is clearly Ding Yi considering hair, body type, facial structure, and for using the name Wei Wei. 14i is another transition back to Lu again showing what she could have had if "life" hadn't gotten in the way; this is shown by the crowd getting in between Lu and Wei.

The chapter ends with Lu alone in her room once more, crying over what she can no longer have.

At least this is how it appears to me and I believe that the scene in the blue panels happens after Wei and Ding Yi return home. Overcome with happiness, Ding Yi begins to dread what might happen if Wei learns the truth about her and her situation. Due to this, she asks Wei if she will always love her. It is possible that Wei said something similar to Lu in the past, but I do not think that the blue panels are flash backs. The blue panels show both Lu's imagination and an event that is happening in real time between Wei and Ding Yi as Lu is alone and crying in her room.

Page 14i - This first and only blue panel is Lu, because Lu removed Ding Yi from her mental image and replaced Ding Yi with her own image. It may be Lu remembering when Wei said something similar to her. It is almost as if Lu is saying "that should be me!". I don't think it's the beginning of a grudge, but Lu did just have Wei confirm a long term commitment to Ding Yi.

Edit: I think that the final blue panel on page 14i is a merger of Lu's imagination and what is actually happening between Wei and Ding Yi. Lu has replaced Ding Yi with her own image, but Wei is still talking to Ding Yi.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 6:47PM

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

That's what you get for abandoning your girlfriend and marrying a man you don't even love because your family tells you to... She should just divorce him, forget about her past and start a new life. She has a very good job so money not an issue.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah it's Wei and Lu.

joined Aug 22, 2016

That's what you get for abandoning your girlfriend and marrying a man you don't even love because your family tells you to... She should just divorce him, forget about her past and start a new life. She has a very good job so money not an issue.

That is a lot easier said than done, especially with China's family structure and social expectations. It is an unreal assumption that people can just give up everything in the name of love. I really feel bad for Lu. However, she too seems to be at a turning point, so I'm sure her part of the story is far from over.

Depending on how this chapter is read... I'm really hoping that Lu won't turn into an Olivia. My heart just couldn't take it.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 6:30PM

joined Aug 8, 2011

a masterpiece. Since Octave i haven't read something so good. Art story, verosimility, tenderness, real life. Great Jaeliu. If it was available ti buy i'll do without thinking

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Well, this is fucking amazing, as always. I'm trying to think about what comes next. I assume we're going to be finding out more about Ding Yi's family situation. About the visiting scholar invitation, I had thought at first that Wei-Wei would decline, but then when Lu said she wouldn't be going at the same time, I started wondering about it. Symbolically, it might make sense for her to accept and bring Ding Yi along, since the author seems to put a heavy focus on this kind of narrative poetry with lots of juxtaposition. Still, it seems like it'd be pretty impractical.

Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

By the body language (Si Chen drawing away, not letting Wei Wei fully touch her, crying), I definitely think the blue panels are a flash back to the doctors' earlier days. Ding Yi was never that modest... Not to mention the parallel in the final page with the two kissing, then zoom out to SiChen crying alone.

In some way, Si Chen seems to be hinting back at this time in her current conversation with Wei Wei when she talks about wanting to hole up on a rainy day... But Wei Wei doesn't pick up on the nostalgia lol. It's hard to say what angle Si Chen is pulling for here... She misses Wei Wei, wants Wei Wei to open up to her again and be close to her, but at the same time she's married someone else. Does she expect Wei Wei to be connected and committed to her despite a lack of reciprocation, just because they have history together? I suspect that even Si Chen doesn't know what she wants...

Also, on the final page where Si Chen and Wei Wei are looking at each other as people rush by... This could be a memory of the accident that happened two years ago that the Director mentioned.

joined Aug 22, 2016

By the body language (Si Chen drawing away, not letting Wei Wei fully touch her, crying), I definitely think the blue panels are a flash back to the doctors' earlier days. Ding Yi was never that modest... Not to mention the parallel in the final page with the two kissing, then zoom out to SiChen crying alone.

In some way, Si Chen seems to be hinting back at this time in her current conversation with Wei Wei when she talks about wanting to hole up on a rainy day... But Wei Wei doesn't pick up on the nostalgia lol. It's hard to say what angle Si Chen is pulling for here... She misses Wei Wei, wants Wei Wei to open up to her again and be close to her, but at the same time she's married someone else. Does she expect Wei Wei to be connected and committed to her despite a lack of reciprocation, just because they have history together? I suspect that even Si Chen doesn't know what she wants...

Also, on the final page where Si Chen and Wei Wei are looking at each other as people rush by... This could be a memory of the accident that happened two years ago that the Director mentioned.

Did Si Chen ever call Wei, Wei Wei? I do maintain that the blue cells switch between Si Chen (Lu? Honestly, I can't remember her name...) and Ding Yi. And that the blue cells show that Si Chen is mixing memories of the past, her own mental image of Ding Yi and Wei together, and also contain real moment between Ding Yi and Wei. The identity of whom Wei is with is kept mostly vague as to imply that Wei is now in a similar situation to the one she was in with Si Chen.

I was kind of thinking that maybe Ding Yi and Si Chen both asked Wei the same question, and while Wei answered Si Chen with a promise to love her forever, we'll have to wait to see of Wei responded to Ding Yi.

Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

Did Si Chen ever call Wei, Wei Wei?

Yeah, she does, in the first chapter she appears.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/beloved_ch05#6

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

ooooooooaoaaahahhhhhhgryyyhhh

WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING BETTER

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

So... Si Chen probably still loves her after all those years. That's depressing.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So... Si Chen probably still loves her after all those years. That's depressing.

Meh, it's her own damn fault.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's probably more like that she thinks she still loves her, and it's mostly something in her memories, especially since she presumably doesn't enjoy her marriage. Nothing that would stand up to a new relationship. She just needs to move on.

joined Apr 7, 2017

I can't get over how gorgeous the art is... Such amazing use of color to accentuate the mood as well... I'm overwhelmed!

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm really in love with the art style. Regardless of legality, large age gaps are usually gross, predatory, and leaves room for unequal power dynamics to be abused. BUT it's fiction, the art is beautiful, and the writing of the characters is really well done. Dr. Wei is very self aware of what she's doing wrong and right, but is caught with being needed and needing. It's an interesting drama with amazing aesthetics.

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

I just started reading this! I love the drama, I love how the author lets the reader figure out certain things through facial expression and allusions to different things in the past. I ESPECIALLY love the art. Is this water color? It's absolutely gorgeous.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Seriously, what did Doctor Lu expect... Wei can't go after an unrequited love forever. That promise was stupid to demand and made to break.
Lu just wants Wei now that she can't have her anymore. She can suffer for all I care.

To reply you must either login or sign up.