Forum › Moon, World, and Stars discussion

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Maybe, the 'engagement' couples aren't actually meant to be romantic couples. I mean, the Etoile seems to fool around with other girls. Maybe it's some sort of musical partnership; the one composes, the other performs.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/moon_world_and_stars_ch01#51 Her face seems actually evil here, which makes me think that she isn't the MC's fated pairing, contrary to what Shizuma was for Nagisa.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Can we please stop comparing this to Strawberry Panic and look at it on its own individually. First this is supernatural, second Umiyuri looks totally different from Shizuma cause she appears to be evil on that cute innocent adorable body. I saw no damn rings in the anime or at least nagisa owning a ring that was connected to Shizuma. I also dislike some of the concepts in Strawberry panic cause yaya and tamao were left as side characters with no happy ending. I do have to admit that if the author wouldn't have mention etoile this wouldn't have been compare to strawberry panic. Also Yozora appears to have been a lesbian and obviously is dying to kiss Umiyuri when Nagisa has a different personality. Sekai the composer looks nothing like tamao thus is more tomboyish and boy! she capture my attention since in the beginning i didn't like short hair girls to be the protagonist but her personality is amazing , tamao is more girlish and delicate. They even added Kagami as a side character, when there was no kagami in strawberry panic. Towa does remind me of Aname and I am so glad there is no hikari. I like strawberry panic don't get me wrong but I just see a different variety and story in this, can we just give it a chance. Also I hope Yozora stays with Sekai. They are meant to be.

Is this supernatural though? The deal about stealing their abilities may be just a slang for "she f*cked them so hard they can't even speak anymore"
We could even say Strawberry was supernatural since Shizuma has the super power of making fragile girls become paralyzed whenever she wants
And the comparison to the ring thing is the necklace that the etoiles in strawberry uses, kind of forcing the bar there
I mean, at least it's not an engaging system... Jesus Christ
But yeah most of the comparisons are because of the name etoile and that they're predators, Nagisa looks more of a strong protagonist than this one here (Again, most of the "heads over heels" moments Nagisa had at the beginning was because of Shizuma's super power, this one here looks like a fangirl in both body and soul, like the one in Nobara)

how is the rings and necklaces not similar? lol. 2 girls become etoile, they are given matching necklaces, only difference being their color. 2 girls join together in an "engagement" as etoile and chevaliar, and given matching rings. just cause one has rings and the other necklaces doesn't negate the similarity of it.

and hey, i think i was the first here saying i was hoping it was supernatural (i did not see a tag) that the girl literally sucked the talents from others lol. cause if that was true then in a blink it will deviate 180 from SP.

to be honest, i think this author was/is a fan of SP and did not like how it ended, so decided to make their own version. and from this one chapter alone you can tell what their preferences are =P

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Maybe, the 'engagement' couples aren't actually meant to be romantic couples.

Well no, of course no school would promote homosexualism like that, but it's such a yuri bait

how is the rings and necklaces not similar? lol. 2 girls become etoile, they are given matching necklaces, only difference being their color. 2 girls join together in an "engagement" as etoile and chevaliar, and given matching rings. just cause one has rings and the other necklaces doesn't negate the similarity of it.

Well, i drew a line there because the etoiles in Strawberry Panic are only 2, those two people are the only ones in the entire 3 schools that would have that necklace and it represents more their status than anything
This case here is threated more like a personal thing, actually a little more like the rosary thing in Marimite, but even less subtle in the bait

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I just hope this doesn't end like Strawberry Panic. 8 years later and I'm still mad that blue-haired girl lost lol.

Haha. I feel you.

I haven't read/watched anything you guys above me mentioned yet, so I think i'm going to enjoy this...perharps.

Well, once you've finished enjoying this, you should read and watch the aforementioned series. :D

Elmo
joined Jan 23, 2014

Well I found myself wanting to read it because of the subtlety of the art which I think is appropriate for the story. But since I've read someone's comment about the long necks um well I find it hard not to notice that now. About Strawberry Panic, well it's been a while since I've last watched the whole series (like, 6 or 7 years ago?) so the similarities wasn't noticeable (except for the Etoile title and classic boarding school set-up) to me. Now I'm watching SP again how I missed this!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it only me or are their necks a bit too long? (slightly disturbing)

Now I cannot unsee

Not to mention, did you notice how rare it is for someone in this to tilt or turn their head? It's oddly stiff.

joined Apr 1, 2013

too much french-fanboy-nonsense, the school system is way to unrealistic. at most a 3 out of 10

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I really don't like this "Etoile" system -_- It's just too polite and clean.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I really don't like this "Etoile" system -_- It's just too polite and clean.

I take it you haven't watched Marimite?

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

this is so cliche i cant take it seriously lol. i was giggling the whole time. at first i thought it was a parody of maria-sama ga miteru.

joined Mar 6, 2014

when it will be updated?
it is like strawberry panic but in different way, haizzt...it's really nice ...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Now I cannot unsee

Not to mention, did you notice how rare it is for someone in this to tilt or turn their head? It's oddly stiff.

Moon, World and Giraffes.

I had to reread this for the third time before I noticed the necks.

1378475846253%20copy
joined Mar 31, 2014

I love this one already! Hope they can do more.

joined Mar 12, 2014

Yay an update~!

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I hard trouble recalling what this manga is about until I noticed their necks... I remembered. LoL
I can't unsee it anymore, it's kinda creepy.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

this chapter is soooo meh! :-(

I read chp. 1 before reading the comments, so I don't think my opinions were biased. now I've read chp. 2 after reading the comments and I concur, MEH! let's hope chp. 3 is better.

joined Aug 31, 2013

Just looked over the raws; Cliches galore. Right down to the popular tomboy character and forced character development.

Won't spoil what said forcing events are, for obvious reasons, just know they're there.

Would you kindly give the link to the raws?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The characters seem really shallow and superficial, the only one interesting is the second year who became the chevalier of the MC. She seems to have the good judgement to call anyone out on their bullshit.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Is it just me or is that protag one hell of a mary sue?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Despite the cliches, predictability, and the fact that the main character is an airhead, I find myself anxiously waiting for the next chapter yet again...

Can we just take the focus off the current main character and make the story about her chevalier instead?

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

Now I cannot unsee

Moon, World and Giraffes.

I had to reread this for the third time before I noticed the necks.

notice the neck--> series ruins

last edited at Apr 21, 2014 1:48PM

Rsz_2315695_21e02231994373_1202648194_32078850_336588_n
joined May 22, 2013

I don't understand what's going on at all

joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't understand what's going on at all

They are clearly long lost descendents of an ancient race of giraffe people. What's not to understand?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Guys
Guys
...Guys
I think the necks are fin-*re-checks* ...........Shit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's one of those series where I'm more interested In the background and motivations of a support character than I am of the main.

To reply you must either login or sign up.