Forum › Moon, World, and Stars discussion

Rsz_2315695_21e02231994373_1202648194_32078850_336588_n
joined May 22, 2013

why the heck do strangers feeling this story is riding along the line of strawberry panic anyone?x2

Well, the current etoile seems to be like shizuma, except she does have her partner. Then we have the protagonist, she's little and cute and sees how the current etoile is kissing another girl etc.
It kinda starts out the same and the whole etoile system is kinda obvious too. Then we have the typical chevaliers. I'm definitely having strawberry panic flashbacks too.

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

definitely Strawberry Panic with the touch of singing, with the Nagisa-like main character and evil Shizuma but maybe "Nagisa" might be saved from the evil shizuma by the tomboyish Tamao (hope so, if not, i'm dropping this)

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

not much saying here
but I expected much when seeing French and those flashy covers.
then into page 123 idk i closed the tab.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

The moment they said etoile, my heart sank a bit... I have to admit though, if this were made into an anime, I would watch just for the music. :P

Though everything in this has probably been done a thousand times over, I will keep reading it, hoping for "Tamao" to finally get her deserved ending...

To the person who mentioned their necks, you just ruined my life. I mean, I kind of liked the art, but then...

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Is it only me or are their necks a bit too long? (slightly disturbing)

Now I cannot unsee

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/moon_world_and_stars_ch01#15 lol

Anyway, very cliche for sure. The engagement is just an obvious excuse to make couples, just like in strawberry panic with the etoile system.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This seemed like a weird mix of Strawberry Panic and Heavenly Garden Where The Maidens Bloom. I don't know what to think about it.

Df7ba038-3b8a-4300-a962-4557b0d51e8b
joined Mar 20, 2014

This feels very traditional (can I use that word like that? Classic?).

Don't really feel like I should have much expectations from this... I predict love triangles... Anyone knows more about this manga?

Is it only me or are their necks a bit too long? (slightly disturbing)

I am complaining too much =/

Dang now I'm thinking about the necks

GemmaTheFucker
Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

I think that I could be addicted to this ___

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

Not really original...it remind me of more than just Strawberry Panic but in a bad way.
But i'll read it anyway because YURI x)

joined Aug 24, 2013

For me the important things are:
1. It's yuri.
2. This series won't get dropped (either by author or scanlators).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well, i think we're all in that point where anything goes, after all the amount of avaiable yuris can all be read in a miserable month
I wonder if anything on this reader slipped by under my radar...

last edited at Mar 20, 2014 6:17PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

why the heck do strangers feeling this story is riding along the line of strawberry panic anyone?x2

many, many, many reasons. 1. etoiles 2. midnight tea party. second i saw them talk about this i was like is this a real series or a doujinshi??? 3. mc at least in beginning is interested in the current etoile who not only has long hair has also (so far) a predatory ish personality like shizuma. 4. the "couples" share similar jewelry. SP they have necklaces this one rings. 5. an all girl school with an "elite" kind of atmosphere.

i could probably keep going on buuut.../toomucheffort =P

joined Jul 17, 2013

I was laughing while reading this but it got my attention for some reason, lol.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

I just hope this doesn't end like Strawberry Panic. 8 years later and I'm still mad that blue-haired girl lost lol.

Donte
joined Sep 12, 2013

I just hope this doesn't end like Strawberry Panic. 8 years later and I'm still mad that blue-haired girl lost lol.

Yeap. And the two main couple's "love" seems really artificial and forced somehow. Would've been so much better if the blue haired girl won imho.

joined Oct 11, 2010

so far I sorta dislike it.

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

Haven't even read this yet, but looking at the discussion, it's going to be like Strawberry Panic? I like the art style, hmm... I hope I like this at least, I haven't read any yuri mangas that are bad. Strawberry Panic was alright for me though.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Can we please stop comparing this to Strawberry Panic and look at it on its own individually. First this is supernatural, second Umiyuri looks totally different from Shizuma cause she appears to be evil on that cute innocent adorable body. I saw no damn rings in the anime or at least nagisa owning a ring that was connected to Shizuma. I also dislike some of the concepts in Strawberry panic cause yaya and tamao were left as side characters with no happy ending. I do have to admit that if the author wouldn't have mention etoile this wouldn't have been compare to strawberry panic. Also Yozora appears to have been a lesbian and obviously is dying to kiss Umiyuri when Nagisa has a different personality. Sekai the composer looks nothing like tamao thus is more tomboyish and boy! she capture my attention since in the beginning i didn't like short hair girls to be the protagonist but her personality is amazing , tamao is more girlish and delicate. They even added Kagami as a side character, when there was no kagami in strawberry panic. Towa does remind me of Aname and I am so glad there is no hikari. I like strawberry panic don't get me wrong but I just see a different variety and story in this, can we just give it a chance. Also I hope Yozora stays with Sekai. They are meant to be.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Can we please stop comparing this to Strawberry Panic and look at it on its own individually. First this is supernatural, second Umiyuri looks totally different from Shizuma cause she appears to be evil on that cute innocent adorable body. I saw no damn rings in the anime or at least nagisa owning a ring that was connected to Shizuma. I also dislike some of the concepts in Strawberry panic cause yaya and tamao were left as side characters with no happy ending. I do have to admit that if the author wouldn't have mention etoile this wouldn't have been compare to strawberry panic. Also Yozora appears to have been a lesbian and obviously is dying to kiss Umiyuri when Nagisa has a different personality. Sekai the composer looks nothing like tamao thus is more tomboyish and boy! she capture my attention since in the beginning i didn't like short hair girls to be the protagonist but her personality is amazing , tamao is more girlish and delicate. They even added Kagami as a side character, when there was no kagami in strawberry panic. Towa does remind me of Aname and I am so glad there is no hikari. I like strawberry panic don't get me wrong but I just see a different variety and story in this, can we just give it a chance. Also I hope Yozora stays with Sekai. They are meant to be.

Is this supernatural though? The deal about stealing their abilities may be just a slang for "she f*cked them so hard they can't even speak anymore"
We could even say Strawberry was supernatural since Shizuma has the super power of making fragile girls become paralyzed whenever she wants
And the comparison to the ring thing is the necklace that the etoiles in strawberry uses, kind of forcing the bar there
I mean, at least it's not an engaging system... Jesus Christ
But yeah most of the comparisons are because of the name etoile and that they're predators, Nagisa looks more of a strong protagonist than this one here (Again, most of the "heads over heels" moments Nagisa had at the beginning was because of Shizuma's super power, this one here looks like a fangirl in both body and soul, like the one in Nobara)

last edited at Mar 20, 2014 10:59PM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... The etoile and "engagement system" seems somewhat similar to um... strawberry panic. Too much Yuri and embarrassment in one episode is too much. I hope that this one has a more mellow theme than that SP.

Prediction: Prota "hates" the first girl, likes the etoile-sama, etoile-sama's partner knows what etoile-sama is doing but does nothing, etoile-sama partner likes etoile-sama, and Prota loves the hated first girl.

Hope that it won't be like that :p

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

And since people compared it to Strawberry Panic and I have a habit of reading the comments, I can't help but compare them and actually state my thoughts about it.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I haven't read/watched anything you guys above me mentioned yet, so I think i'm going to enjoy this...perharps.

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

Is this supernatural though? The deal about stealing their abilities may be just a slang for "she f*cked them so hard they can't even speak anymore"
We could even say Strawberry was supernatural since Shizuma has the super power of making fragile girls become paralyzed whenever she wants
And the comparison to the ring thing is the necklace that the etoiles in strawberry uses, kind of forcing the bar there
I mean, at least it's not an engaging system... Jesus Christ
But yeah most of the comparisons are because of the name etoile and that they're predators, Nagisa looks more of a strong protagonist than this one here (Again, most of the "heads over heels" moments Nagisa had at the beginning was because of Shizuma's super power, this one here looks like a fangirl in both body and soul, like the one in Nobara)

You also forgot about the whole brushing aside the fact that everyone just happens to be a lesbian. While it is nice in some occasions I find that to blatantly ignore such a huge thing like that is flabbergasting. It feels strange and unrealistic without any reason why everyone is okay with it and/or is a lesbian. It is also one of the reasons why Girlfriends and similar mangas are my preferred stories.

joined Feb 1, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/moon_world_and_stars_ch01#34
hahahaha "If she's got a problem , she should settle it with songs."
TIME TO THROW DOWN, BITCH! SONG BATTLE!! Hahahah I don't know why, that just struck me as really funny.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

You also forgot about the whole brushing aside the fact that everyone just happens to be a lesbian. While it is nice in some occasions I find that to blatantly ignore such a huge thing like that is flabbergasting. It feels strange and unrealistic without any reason why everyone is okay with it and/or is a lesbian. It is also one of the reasons why Girlfriends and similar mangas are my preferred stories.

That is a similarity that far too many yuris share i'm afraid, for now i'm just glad that it's not on a catholic school

"If she's got a problem , she should settle it with songs."

Quality shonen stuff there

last edited at Mar 21, 2014 10:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.