Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Jan 8, 2016

Yes it’s the Korean yuri version of pro wrestling where they sumo hug each other and there special attack is biting each other.

I was thinking more like "Fake and gay" but that works too.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Sense8's second season is up on Netflix and there's lots of Aminata and Nomi content.
Finished today and it was gooood.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

There is nothing fake about the MoonSun as a ship. There was a poll with 1000 gay Korean people and MoonSun ship was voted number 1. If they announced they got married no one would be surprised. Cough cough ~ except maybe some Koreans that hate homosexuality.

They have their own ship twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23moonsun

You know it’s real when you have a ship twitter. They are definition of realationship goals.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

New lesbian pair in The Originals (season 4)

kiss in episode 7, now I'm wondering how long werewolf will be alive...

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Supergirl is going strong with Alex and Maggie, they've been in every episode (except 2x18) and have had major plot points devoted to them. I have to say, they're really growing on me.

At first it was just the coming out that was so special to me, but the consintency of their relationship is convincing me that this may be one of the best relationships to follow on tv.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

the consintency of their relationship is convincing me that this may be one of the best relationships to follow on tv.

it is

joined Mar 25, 2013

Has anyone watched AWOL?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Has anyone here read the Love Live! School Idol Festival comic about the other idols? This week's (#25) was gaaaaay! It's even titled "The day love was born". :)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Nights of Azure 2 is gonna be out on Steam and PS4 in the west on October 24 this year.

joined Oct 5, 2016

There is nothing fake about the MoonSun as a ship. There was a poll with 1000 gay Korean people and MoonSun ship was voted number 1. If they announced they got married no one would be surprised. Cough cough ~ except maybe some Koreans that hate homosexuality.

They have their own ship twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23moonsun

You know it’s real when you have a ship twitter. They are definition of realationship goals.

Holy cow, yeah, these two are gay as fuck.

I've seen weddings with less spark than these two have every time they're in a room together.

(I seriously spent like all day today watching videos of those two, they are adorable together)

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Finally someone understands how gay of a ship moonsun is. So thank you SadDoctor. I have literally seen all their videos twice and analysed their body language and I can say that Moonbuyl is 100% gay for solar. This doesn’t seem like their typical Korean Idol Ships where it’s for marketing purpose. I am convinced that Moonbyl is at least bisexual or just straight up gay but that would never happen in Korea. No star in Korea would risk their career and come out of the closet.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

At first it was just the coming out that was so special to me, but the consintency of their relationship is convincing me that this may be one of the best relationships to follow on tv.

Yeah, the relationship is pretty well done. Sucks that it's in such a mediocre show though, couldn't get myself to keep watching after a while.

joined Mar 25, 2013

So apparently Bill got her happy ending? On Doctor Who that is.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Finally someone understands how gay of a ship moonsun is. So thank you SadDoctor. I have literally seen all their videos twice and analysed their body language and I can say that Moonbuyl is 100% gay for solar. This doesn’t seem like their typical Korean Idol Ships where it’s for marketing purpose. I am convinced that Moonbyl is at least bisexual or just straight up gay but that would never happen in Korea. No star in Korea would risk their career and come out of the closet.

Yeah just because they act flirty on stage doesn't really mean anything, lots of kpop stars (even male pop stars) will toss out some same-sex fanservice on stage. But the way they act together when they're off-stage totally reminds me of like some American closeted celebrities in the '90s, where they're always going on couples vacations with their female "friend" and you wonder in hindsight how it was ever a secret to anyone. And Solar is like, the world's least convincing heterosexual, on We Got Married it was downright cringeworthy how uncomfortable she was. Pretty much any time the two of them get questions about romance or what kind of boys they like or any of that it's always just hooorribly awkward, it makes me feel bad for them.

With the on-stage fanservice you'd think they'd have a mostly male fanbase, but there's been some disparaging comments about how the Mamamoo fanbase is, to paraphrase, basically a bunch of dykes. Which I think is pretty awesome, their fans know what's up even if the girls can't publicly admit it.

last edited at Jul 1, 2017 7:53PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I don't know who said this quote but I think this sums up perfectly about Korean society. " Being a Korean idol means you have to face the majority society who thinks “we like you being gay with your band mates but we despise the idea of you being an actual gay person.” Also, Moonbuyl's new song Love and Hate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLaZyyquAxI This song seems to be about Solar.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Re: closeted lesbian celebrities.

I was recently introduced to this wonderful snippet of lesbian celebrity history. (TL;DW version)

last edited at Jul 2, 2017 9:52AM

joined Oct 5, 2016

I don't know who said this quote but I think this sums up perfectly about Korean society. " Being a Korean idol means you have to face the majority society who thinks “we like you being gay with your band mates but we despise the idea of you being an actual gay person.” Also, Moonbuyl's new song Love and Hate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLaZyyquAxI This song seems to be about Solar.

Yeah there's this really perverse social pressure thing going on with them. They're a-ok to publicly flirt and grab each other's ass up on stage, because then it's just fanservice between two hot chicks, nothing gay there! But then you see them in interviews or behind-the-scenes stuff and they're just a couple of dorky kids who seem really conflicted about staying closeted and afraid to admit there's anything between them at all. The songs written by Moonbyul or Solar always seem like they kind of reflect that fear as well, dealing with ideas like self-loathing and not being able to admit their feelings. It's never explicitly gay, there's always a layer of deniability there, but I don't think it's a surprise that a ton of gay Koreans seem to have picked up on it. Like there's a video out there somewhere of fans coming out of a Mamamoo solo concert and it is super noticeable how many of them are M/M or F/F couples walking out.

Like, if they were more relaxed about playing up the sexy lesbians thing offstage, I would actually believe them less. Instead you get all these moments of them happily flirting and then suddenly they look at the camera and pull back, like they're afraid they were getting too real. I just feel bad for them, just like that old Jodie Foster interview it's sort of funny but it's also really sad.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Gypsy focuses on its main character, a woman, who is kind of having a second personality life which includes a long going mysterious slow burn relationship with another woman about 10 years younger than her. It stretches out for the entirety of the first season and they slowly ''fall'' for eachother more and more.

They have really good chemistry.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Holy Goddess Madoka just bless us with her new game...

http://magireco.com/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On September 4, to celebrate the author's birthday, you can download the novel Flowers Of Luna (lesbian romance...ON THE MOON!) from Amazon for free.

Details are here.

joined Feb 15, 2013

In relating to the Madoka mobile game mentioned above (stole from reddit , all credit go to user NemoMeLacessit ):

https://i.imgur.com/VXPWEI8.jpg

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 9:32AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

There is this Korean song called Gashina by the singer Sunmi. In her live performance she decided to switch the male and female roles around. This made for some amazing yuriness. The irony of it all is that the female dancer is called yuri who she picked to be between her legs. Here is the live version of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EspAWQaPgUg
Here is a low buget Gif I made of her.

Yuri googles will never turn off.

last edited at Oct 7, 2017 9:14AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Lololololol this is amazing

joined Mar 25, 2013

Nights of Azure 2 is out on Steam and playable for those interested.

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Has anyone played GRIMGRIMOIRE?
I wonder if the yuri (even in subtext) is good.
I'm thinking about grabbing it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.