Forum › Wicked Girl discussion

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nidienne posted:

The "You're no longer he person I initially fell in love with"-style of development is extremely common in romantic relationships - fictional or otherwise - and it doesn't always have to be a bad thing. But in the context of this particular story, it certainly isn't a good one.

I'd argue while it's not necessarily good it doesn't mean no good can come from it at least. Even though their relationship has had that sort of development she's decided to stay with her. So even if she no longer currently feels anything for her other than an obligation or duty it's still possible for her to find something she loves regardless.

I don't hold out hope for sensei finding a new reason to love Maho. The memory of what she had fallen in love with will stay with her, and it will dull any other romantic interest that she may try to develop for Maho down the line.

I'm with telamon: the relationship is incredibly unhealthy and will only get worse over time. The best course of action for both of them would be to end it as soon as possible. Breaking up now would still go badly, but it would be less bad than kicking the can down the road.

However a breakup would have to be initiated by sensei, and her ending monologue has her specifically stating she won't do that. So the relationship will sustain itself on nothing but intertia until Maho catches on to sensei's feelings - or lack thereof - and one way or another it will come to an ugly, unpleasant end.

Maho wanted a lover and needed a parent. Sensei couldn't decide which one she wanted to be, and in trying to become both she ended up becoming neither.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 3:05PM

Sooo.... sensei's not into adorbz HAPPY GURLZ?!?!? SHE WANTED TO MAKE HER HAPPY BUT NOW SHE DESIRES THE UNHAPPY BAD GURL AGAIN?!?! that's a twisted brain ya got there, lady! XD

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 7:53PM by

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon posted:

You're an optimist aren't you? (:

Actually not really. I'm much more of a pessimist than that might make me seem. I'm just a weird pessimist who tends to act optimistic.

Also to be clear I'm not stating that that's definitely or even likely the case. I'm simply stating it's possible, which it is even if it's quite unlikely.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Yes the relationship from the beginning spelled doom but at least she takes responsibility and stays with her.

Yeah, it must be terrific to be with someone who you believe loves you, but doesn't really.

Yeah, wouldn't it be more terrific if she ends up becoming a delinquent again and becomes even less likely to have a meaningful relationship with anyone. Deep psychological scars are fine but realizing the one I love doesn't love me back in the exact same way???

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 8:03PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Yes the relationship from the beginning spelled doom but at least she takes responsibility and stays with her.

Yeah, it must be terrific to be with someone who you believe loves you, but doesn't really.

Yeah, wouldn't it be more terrific if she ends up becoming a delinquent again and becomes even less likely to have a meaningful relationship with anyone. Deep psychological scars are fine but realizing the one I love doesn't love me back in the exact same way???

"If." Also, why would she necessarily be kept from having future meaningful relationships just because her first love didn't go right? Most people's haven't, with no such effects. Speaking for myself, I'd prefer to end a relationship and move on than persist into a relationship based on such lie. Staying with a person you don't love and tricking them into believing you do isn't doing neither you nor them a favor.
Nothing keeps sensei from learning to love the student's "new" self, tho -- and learning to love is a necessary step in every long-term relationship. What should be questioned are the reasons for doing so: if it's a desire to try, okay, but if it's pity or duty or something... Just don't.

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 8:30PM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

"If." Also, why would she necessarily be kept from having future meaningful relationships just because her first love didn't go right? Most people's haven't, with no such effects. Speaking for myself, I'd prefer to end a relationship and move on than persist into a relationship based on such lie. Staying with a person you don't love and tricking them into believing you do isn't doing neither you nor them a favor.
Nothing keeps sensei from learning to love the student's "new" self, tho -- and learning to love is a necessary step in every long-term relationship. What should be questioned are the reasons for doing so: if it's a desire to try, okay, but if it's pity or duty or something... Just don't.

She still might have a good relationship with others but there's still a possibility that she won't. The dynamic is a little different in this case since it's an adult and teenager, moreover a teacher and student.
That's true yea

joined Apr 21, 2014

What bothers me isn't her lack of attraction, which she can't help, but the way in which she interprets and rationalizes it. Nothing indicates that she's willing to put in any more effort to make the relationship work -- instead, I get the feeling that from now on, she'll only do the bare minimum to care for the girl. It seems like she jumps straight from "oh, the passion is lost" to "whelp, I guess I'll never love her again", which is unfair to the girl but also to herself.
There could still be hope, but sensei would have to pick herself up and not give up on their relationship so early.

"I hope some of the comments here about fixing their sex lives was ment as a joke"

Actually, it really could work. BDSM isn't only a sex thing, it's also emotional and can easily extend outside the bedroom. Sensei seemed to really like the girl's dominant side (the sock scene in particular felt very BDSM-y), and including some power play in their relationship could revive that sense of "thorniness" that she craves.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

What bothers me isn't her lack of attraction, which she can't help, but the way in which she interprets and rationalizes it. Nothing indicates that she's willing to put in any more effort to make the relationship work -- instead, I get the feeling that from now on, she'll only do the bare minimum to care for the girl. It seems like she jumps straight from "oh, the passion is lost" to "whelp, I guess I'll never love her again", which is unfair to the girl but also to herself.
There could still be hope, but sensei would have to pick herself up and not give up on their relationship so early.

"I hope some of the comments here about fixing their sex lives was ment as a joke"

Actually, it really could work. BDSM isn't only a sex thing, it's also emotional and can easily extend outside the bedroom. Sensei seemed to really like the girl's dominant side (the sock scene in particular felt very BDSM-y), and including some power play in their relationship could revive that sense of "thorniness" that she craves.

Are you suppose to try and make yourself be in love with someone when you are no longer interested? Don't think the last girl I was with could do that even if she wanted to . . . granted it was barely romantic relationship level. Maybe it's different for people that actually become a couple then.

And . . . that comment can cover what I like about this story. <-< it's about stuff and that stuff happens to some of us.

last edited at Sep 12, 2016 2:33AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Ahaha... What the... XD

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
L8nis5h
joined Jun 26, 2014

What a stupid ending.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Are you suppose to try and make yourself be in love with someone when you are no longer interested? Don't think the last girl I was with could do that even if she wanted to . . . granted it was barely romantic relationship level. Maybe it's different for people that actually become a couple then.

And . . . that comment can cover what I like about this story. <-< it's about stuff and that stuff happens to some of us.

Prolifetip: Never try and make yourself fall in love. It is neither good for you, your relationship, or significant other. Best way to handle this situation (from the story) is talk it out and come to the conclusion that you're the problem, not S.O. That way, sensei can make her...ex-student not feel abandoned when the inevitable break up happens. Sensei can learn to rekindle her love, but that is a process she must be willing to stick by for, for god knows how long.

But hey, if she's willing to stay despite not having that feeling she previously had, maybe she can rekindle her love. You never know.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

i hope sensei will learn how to fall in love again with maho, i mean she's too innocent to have something bad happened to her

joined Apr 28, 2016

...she's too innocent to have something bad happened to her

Too late, sensei happened.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

...she's too innocent to have something bad happened to her

Too late, sensei happened.

that's really gave me bitter feeling

joined Apr 19, 2016

eh, but this is really good!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Am I the only one who interpreted that as something farily common and normal in relationships? The Thorns, this is the passion and the excitement that comes with a new relationship. Everything is new, everything is exciting, everything is like in flames. That is the easy part of a relationship, you can just flow with it, enjoy it. Everything is easy. But a long term. relationship can't just live on such feelings. Long term relationships don't are "We have our true love and everything is perfect and lovey dovey for all time". Every Relationship becomes daily grind at some time, something normal, it loses this first passion and excitement. Many Relationships break at this point, because from this point one, it becomes hard work. Living together with someone for five, for ten, twenty or fifty years is not something that comes from itself once you find "true love", it is something borth partners can be really proud about, something that is to be celebrated because of the hard work, keeping a relationship alive. That first Passion is something one can miss for his relationship, but in place of this comes something new, something that is less exciting, less passionate but more secure and stable instad.

That's at least how I interpreted it.

i hate your avatar, but you are perfectly right

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Very interesting. I feel bad for poor Maho. But the analogy they set up was very clever. Sensei didn't want Maho plucking off the thorns because that's part of their beauty, and now that Maho's thorns have been plucked, she sees no beauty in Maho anymore. I'm just a masochist with a thing for bad ends, no wonder I love this.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

I think sensei is a masochist.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Masochism is to derive pleasure from inflicting pain upon oneself.

Sensei does a great deal to perpetuate her own psychological suffering, but there's no indication that she enjoys it.

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 6:08AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I just love how this story generated so many deep analysis and comments from readers haha

joined Nov 11, 2013

Masochism is to derive pleasure from inflicting pain upon oneself.

Sensei does a great deal to perpetuate her own psychological suffering, but there's no indication that she enjoys it.

If she does not enjoy, why does she tempted by it

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Sensei needs to learn more about loving someone.

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

well...
I want to kill the sadist who wrote this.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was really nice. :O

To reply you must either login or sign up.