Forum › Yuri Is My Job! discussion

joined Oct 20, 2013

I haven't seen this series before. I like the style of humor, and the artwork is very beautiful. Looking forward to reading the rest. Love the chapter names as well!

It looks like it is a much better take on the sort of self-aware yuri trope parodies than Yuri-Danshi. I hope the artist has planned the story out well; a lot of series lately (particularly from yuri-hime) seem to have been reluctant to come to a natural conclusion and have instead fallen into endless plot meandering and irrelevant character arcs.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Feels like watered-down Yuricam.

...how? They are nothing alike besides the MC wanting to marry into money.

Girl who thinks she's straight goes gay-for-pay because she's greedy, slowly realizes she's not straight. Everyone is "wacky", i.e. totally nuts with super-exaggerated personalities. Parodying typical shoujo stuff. It has the same feel, right down to the fact that despite the entire cast being gay, no one will probably ever outright say so. Hence why this is subtext. Only reason Yuricam is yuri instead of subtext is because most of the other characters are clearly aware of their own sexuality, but since the main character is completely in denial about it and has 99% of the screentime, no one who matters will ever clearly say "I love you", even though there are many characters that clearly would. Clearly.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 1:34PM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Eh. On the fence about this one. I'll give it another chapter to see how it pans out, but if all four of the main characters have "bad" personalities, then it's going to be hard for me to like.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 3:22PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

It looks like it is a much better take on the sort of self-aware yuri trope parodies than Yuri-Danshi.

Yuri-Danshi didn't parody yuri, though. It parodied (male) yuri fans, like its name suggests.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

This was hilarious, can't wait to see more :>
Is it over already, or is there a chance for things to get gay, Roppo? Also, didn't expect to see you TL something with the subtext tag... Not complaining tho

joined Feb 23, 2016

Nani The Fuck :D

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@none
It's currently at 9 chapters (including this month's YH issue) and ongoing. There is always a chance... ;D
And there's not that many good super gay manga out there, so if there's a good one with subtext, I guess it'll have to do. x)
(An upcoming project of ours is both gay and hilarious, though. Sakura Nadeshiko for anyone interested in looking it up.)

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This manga is one bizarre trip.
Going full Samuel Beckett in 3...2...1...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This is so strange

like..... why are they even doing this job? do they even enjoy it? so bizarre

"dont call me onee-san!!" you might just be thrust into this weird job and are trying to do your best but that is TOO FAR

I would totally leave I wouldn't care how broken that girls arm was hahahahaha

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@none
It's currently at 9 chapters (including this month's YH issue) and ongoing. There is always a chance... ;D
And there's not that many good super gay manga out there, so if there's a good one with subtext, I guess it'll have to do. x)
(An upcoming project of ours is both gay and hilarious, though. Sakura Nadeshiko for anyone interested in looking it up.)

Heh. Looked it up and I don't think it'll be well received here. Unless there's something I'm missing.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Wtv
People on this site bitch about absolutely everything that's published, lmao. I'm doing it for the people who actually enjoy stuff. x)

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@Wtv
People on this site bitch about absolutely everything that's published, lmao. I'm doing it for the people who actually enjoy stuff. x)

Just don't call it yuri, then.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ropponmatsu posted:

@Wtv

That's not true :S............... We don't bitch about New Game or...eehh is not true!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Really? My impression is more like "as long as it has yuri/lots of girls/at least two girls I can ship everything is 10/10". But maybe I'm being too cynical.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well...
A story about a yuri couple where one of them grows a dick/becomes a boy won't be received well on a yuri forum. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Wtv
Let's not call it yuri, and have a long argument about why the subtext tag is pointless instead!

Also, if that's what the synopsis you read said, the person who wrote it was on some major shrooms.

@Pyoro
Right...

joined Mar 15, 2017

Also, if that's what the synopsis you read said, the person who wrote it was on some major shrooms.

If it's this then that is what it's about. Nadeshiko grows a penis.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

@Wtv
Let's not call it yuri, and have a long argument about why the subtext tag is pointless instead!

I skimmed through the first chapter.
And looked up on the last one published.
But maybe I missed something? Well, it looked obvious to me.

joined Jan 11, 2015

You'll see when it gets published...

joined Mar 15, 2017

It is published though. I can read the Japanese chapters that are online.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Why do I even scanlate...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Don't know what you're talking about. Just looked up two more chapters and it's worse than I thought. Offensive even.
But that's okay. The comments will be fun when you publish it. I'll be waiting.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We seem to be straying off topic for this series. Could we perhaps make an effort to get back on course, and wait until the new series gets here for this stuff?

joined Jul 15, 2016

Ewh why are all the chracters so disgusting?! I'm surprised I got through all of the chapter...

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Ewh why are all the chracters so disgusting?! I'm surprised I got through all of the chapter...

Actually, they are all cool and funny.

To reply you must either login or sign up.