Forum › Yuri Is My Job! discussion

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

TL note: the title translates to "My Yuri is Work! Sisters in Love!". I left it in Japanese and German, 'cause it sounds derpy in English.

Hope y'all will like it!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

BWAHAHAHAHA.......... I am in love with the main character, instant favourite! Would be awesome if the bad-tempered onee-sama is filthy rich, and is only doing this job for reasons.

joined Sep 2, 2015

Well other then the forced plot its nice, the characters seem awesome, but seriously tooooo forced

joined Apr 27, 2017

I swear, last time when I read this in a different language, these girls didn't seem so ... Bitchy...

I don't know what changed, maybe it's on the second read that I realized the main girl WAS trying to weasel her way out of the collision situation, and the manager was also leveraging the situation to try and get her to work at the cafe. And the two side characters with fake personalities probably didn't help either..

Maybe it's time to review the other version I read..

joined Oct 17, 2016

TL note: the title translates to "My Yuri is Work! Sisters in Love!". I left it in Japanese and German, 'cause it sounds derpy in English.

Hope y'all will like it!

Sounds akward in German too. ^^ "sisters in love" would be "Verliebte Schwestern"

Anyways, this seems to be the yuri version of Ao Haru Ride with more comedy and well.. yuri. :D Lets see how it will develop.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 4:01AM

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

So wait, is it yuri or just subtext?

joined Apr 27, 2017

I swear, last time when I read this in a different language, these girls didn't seem so ... Bitchy...

I don't know what changed, maybe it's on the second read that I realized the main girl WAS trying to weasel her way out of the collision situation, and the manager was also leveraging the situation to try and get her to work at the cafe. And the two side characters with fake personalities probably didn't help either..

Maybe it's time to review the other version I read..

Never mind.. they aren't actually bitchy, they are just tsundere.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Seems interesting. XD

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Everyone's a jerk. Think I'd like it better if they weren't all varying shades of mean under the facade.

joined Jan 11, 2015

@Korath
Awkward foreign grammar in manga... Surely you jest! ;D
(Not that my German is on point...)

@Rexzazel
So far, it is mainly subtext.

@sorathecrow
That's the part I find the must amusing, tbh, hahaha.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 4:13AM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Sorry for the triple post, cough

joined Mar 15, 2017

Sounds akward in German too. ^^ "sisters in love" would be "Verliebte Schwestern"

But is the title valid for expressing something similar to brothers in arms? Because the manga is not about sisters who are in love.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 4:15AM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Good luck

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hope y'all will like it!

I failed to notice until you pointed it out.

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

It caught my interest. I want to read more

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

M O T T O !!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Can't say I find any of the characters appealing. They are all manipulative and/or fake.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Oh, it's another manga with subtext from Yuri Hime, you know, a yuri magazine.

Can't say I find any of the characters appealing. They are all manipulative and/or fake.

I think that's the point of this story?

joined Jan 11, 2015

@h3x
There is honestly way less yuri in Yuri Hime than you'd expect, sadly.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The "subtext" vs "yuri" distinction made here, encouraged by the tagging system is pretty stupid. It's a yuri manga. In the chapters so far the yuri is subtext rather than explicit, but it's early and it's likely to turn into romance. How many chapters was Girl Friends "subtext" for?

joined Jun 12, 2015

There is honestly way less yuri in Yuri Hime than you'd expect, sadly.

That's why I stopped buying this magazine.
Now I'm the patron of Galette. They are doing very good job so far.

How many chapters was Girl Friends "subtext" for?

Six.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 6:35AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

The "subtext" vs "yuri" distinction made here, encouraged by the tagging system is pretty stupid. It's a yuri manga. In the chapters so far the yuri is subtext rather than explicit, but it's early and it's likely to turn into romance. How many chapters was Girl Friends "subtext" for?

Except you missed the mark. If you want an example, and a fairly notable one at that, you should have gone with MGLN. There, despite an absolute mountain of doujins, fan art, fanfics, and similar fan-produced representations, the actual canon never rises above subtext. That is to say, although having a ton of indirect evidence to corroborate the romantic nature of their relationship, it is never outright stated as such, never openly confirmed. Works tagged with subtext are almost always like that from start to finish.
"Girl Friends" is not subtext, it never was subtext, it was not written as a subtext work. Gradually falling in love is not subtext. If love is the 'text', then falling in love is that text being written, and in "Girl Friends" that text was never 'sub', it was right there, in the open, as the central theme of the entire work, even when the characters themselves were not yet fully aware of the nature of their feelings. It is an open romance work, things are not left vague, even when the characters are miscommunicating, angsting, and discovering themselves.

In short, subtext tag is a mighty useful one, because it differentiates between works were romance is in the open, acknowledged as such by the work itself, and those where it remains unspoken, unconfirmed, and is mainly left to the reader to extrapolate it.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 6:44AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

"Girl Friends" is not subtext, it never was subtext, it was not written as a subtext work. Gradually falling in love is not subtext.

That's not really what the word "subtext" means, but if you want to use it that way then there's no reason to think this series is "subtext" until it ends.

Under the real meaning of the word, Girl Friends was subtext until chapter 10.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Liebe Girl's School", what an ambiguous name!

Don't know about the plot so far. On one hand, I kinda like that they play around with that trope of amazing school girls, in that nobody could actually be like that without being fake. On the other hand, I agree that it doesn't make them very likable. Might just be a first chapter thing, with their more redeeming qualities popping up later, who knows.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Oh joy a manga about horrible people being horrible, is this Nezerou Trap? /s

Seriously though the only time I LIKE a story like this is when the assholeishness isnt hidden away ie Desert Punk because then that aspect turns into a comedy.
If I met any of the people in this manga irl I would hate their guts

Also Basically Ouran Highschool Hostclub with actually bad people inst something I feel like will really work.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 6:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.