Forum › Beloved L discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Dr. Wei can still refuse the trip to abroad (especially not with her ex girlfriend) it's not like she needed it since she's already an ophtha consultant, I presumed. I think it's only needed if you want to have a higher position in a hospital, like a decoration in your resume. It's nice to know that she still continues her relationship with Ding Yi, but the problem is she's still a minor, and if the authority/society founds out about it then it will really put a dent on her career as a doctor. I don't know what's the age of consent in China, so I searched for it https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/china , assuming since the author is from Beijing. I don't know if that is a reliable website so feel free to put some insight.

That is correct I'm pretty sure, 14 where the author is from.

These ages aren't about whether it's wrong or right mind you just about the law regarding things such as statutory rape.

Is that as accurate as the much-repeated idea that age of consent is 13 in Japan, where in fact that's only what the penal code says; there are other relevant laws both nationally and locally that make the age 18 instead?

As far as i am aware China does not have a similar law. Hong Kong is 16 though.

If you look up age of consent in Japan it does mention the relevant laws you mention.

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 2:52AM

joined Oct 2, 2014

Damn, the expressions and art style in this is beautiful. Considering getting a print done of some of these pages or panels... Wow, it's just breathtaking.

If Wei Wei and Ding Yi don't get together in the end I hope Jaeliu steps on a Lego

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 5:10AM

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

Dr. Wei can still refuse the trip to abroad (especially not with her ex girlfriend) it's not like she needed it since she's already an ophtha consultant, I presumed. I think it's only needed if you want to have a higher position in a hospital, like a decoration in your resume. It's nice to know that she still continues her relationship with Ding Yi, but the problem is she's still a minor, and if the authority/society founds out about it then it will really put a dent on her career as a doctor. I don't know what's the age of consent in China, so I searched for it https://www.ageofconsent.net/world/china , assuming since the author is from Beijing. I don't know if that is a reliable website so feel free to put some insight.

It's still something one wouldn't throw easily for a relationship that isn't going on for that long. Especially if it means the possibility of coming together again with the girl of your dreams. Not saying that this would be the right decission, more than as a lover Wei has in my eyes in this moment a responsibility as an adult to stay with this girls whose only attachment figure she is.

And yeah, the age of consent sees to be 14 in china. I'm surprised that many of you have a hard time believing this, but I guess I'm maybe just not surprised by that because in my country age of consent is 14 as well and in many parts of europe its 14 or 15, with cases where it is 17 already being really high.
Personally, I'm more surprised with americans, who totally overreact with stuff like this and even call guys who have sex with 17 year olds pedophiles.

last edited at Jun 10, 2017 1:51PM

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Still can't get over of how mutedly beautiful the watercolor art is. Let's see if the story can catch up to that--or at least keep being consistent at the subtlety of numb adulthood.

Very reminiscent of the messed up professor in JM Coetzee's "Disgrace," by the way.

Oh, and "Landslide." That's just not fair, Jaeliu. Take responsibility of my pool of tears.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Reading this by 1:30 AM at GMT +1 I fucking don't understand that manhua. It feels like it's dropped in some point,leaving us with many unfinished things. Or maybe everything is so obvious that I don't see it?
EDIT: Aw shoot, I thought it was completed. Just by reading some comments I checked and noticed it's still ongoing.
Pardon for my stupid comment. Now I understand why I don't understand anything. geez, how does it sound?

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 7:45PM

joined Oct 2, 2014

With the new ban on homosexuality in online content that China has introduced, is it gonna be a case of RIP Beloved now?

If this should go in another forum please tell me and I'll delete and move.

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 11:07PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

With the new ban on homosexuality in online content that China has introduced, is it gonna be a case of RIP Beloved now?

Depends where Jaeliu lives. Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan shouldn't be affected by this bullshit.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Depends where Jaeliu lives. Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan shouldn't be affected by this bullshit.

Formosa especially should not be affected, since it is not even the same country, despite its official name.

joined Oct 2, 2014

Formosa especially should not be affected, since it is not even the same country, despite its official name.

Her Weibo says she lives in Chaoyang District, Beijing, unfortunately.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 12:49AM

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Purple Library Guy
One thing I really like about this story is the way that, every time either the older lead or the audience start to take the younger girl for granted, think of her like a sort of placeholder or generic "young" person, she hits back hard.

I know right?! Seriously from when I was like 14 to this day (not a very long time btw), I get so pissed at the ageist ass shit society throws at young people and still do. So much disrespect.

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Now angry rant time

I can understand the laws but I absolutely despise the attitude people have towards age gap.

It should be like "okay well at some age, the probability of informed consent falls too low to risk and we're not sure about the threshold or where to draw the line and all. So we're gonna make a guess with our intuitions and from that, create a rule that will hopefully work for the average person." The law is merely a method. It does not dictate right or wrong. If it did, then apparently what is right or wrong will change simply by moving a few hundred km in a particular direction... which doesn't make sense since ethics is universal.

Instead it's like "AHHHHHHHH!!! PEDOPHILE!!! PROTECT THE KIDS!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!" while the 'kids' are like "bruh wtf we totally said yes. Like, bitch please we're going through puberty and we wanna do stuff and we're not stupid. Matter of fact we're probably better informed about this shit than half of you dipshits are. Like seriously there's two people in the relationship and you're fucking tunnel visioned on one." (Disclaimer: I can't actually speak for other teenager's attitude, only myself when I was about 15 and a few friends.)

Age gap relationships are stuff that should be tread upon with some extra caution perhaps, but that does not make them wrong. I hate how society vilifies the older person in these relationship and victimizes young person. Fucking assholes pass judgement on other people for doing their own things and calls them ill/disgusting or ignorant and unable to make a decision. Cuz 3 years is gonna make all the fucking difference right? And 18 year old people are leagues better than 15 year old people.

joined Nov 12, 2016

Guys...good news! For those who still haven't read it....here's CHAPTER 14 in English: https://m.imgur.com/a/CIlyQ

joined Oct 8, 2016

Btw, the author has also talked about some interesting stuff regarding the manhwa in an audio broadcast, which you can find in her weibo page, check it out if you're interested!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

SeleneAngel posted:

Guys...good news! For those who still haven't read it....here's CHAPTER 14 in English: https://m.imgur.com/a/CIlyQ

That was... jaw dropping beautiful.

This deserves a hardcover edition and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

joined Jul 16, 2015

Seems like the author doesn't have any plans to make a physical copy of it, but another one of her works will be published soon, it's called "mia".

She also said that she might make a side story about Xiao Ou in the future, if she has the time to draw it. She especially likes him, saying that she secretly based his character on some of her friends. "He may be the only character who's most willing to speak the truth so far, but that may be because he's the person who has lied the most."

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Seriously, it's better drawn, and told, than many comics that sell hardcover editions.

If the author lived in Europe, she'd find an editor easily, for any stories, with or without homosexuality. The drawing is just gorgeous.

1323weqw
joined Jul 6, 2012

Is chapter 14 the last one?
Is it finished?

last edited at Sep 4, 2017 5:40AM

joined Jul 16, 2015

Is it finished?

Chapter 14 is the latest chapter, and it's still ongoing.

1323weqw
joined Jul 6, 2012

Is it finished?

Chapter 14 is the latest chapter, and it's still ongoing.

thanks for answering my question :)
Can't wait for more ~

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Every new chapter is a wild ride from start to finish

joined Oct 17, 2016

Its so long I read this. Why did her ex girl friend leave her to be to gether with that man dude? Just "normal society" issues and create a family? I dunno remember. It obviously was the wrong descision for her..

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

It's still a while, but it's still a tremendously gripping and touching story. I don't know what outcome I want.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

ne oldu orospu çok mu üzüldün

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Someone take my feels, I don't want them anymore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.