Forum › Model-chan and Plain Manager discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's interesting that the way this is presented makes the situation so ambiguous. Do the little vignettes take place during a relationship between them that they hide during work hours? Or is this mostly before an actual connection (as in the last couple of pages) happens?

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Onee-chan, I've become your manager. Shall we get married?

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

This series confuses me so much. They're on a different base like every other image. Still love it though.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Sfx: Smuuuuug!

Kendou1
joined Jun 1, 2017

My lord this is like, my favorite thing right now.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

"Plain" manager my ass... manager is a 8/10 while Yuria is a 9/10. I call that a close game people. Almost like Warriors vs Cavaliers...

It's kinda implied that Manager is kind of....slightly butch? I could see that being termed plain by a lot of people. Especially by men.

My question at that point becomes "why is the title written from a man's perspective?!"

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

So....is this an actual series or something? Seems like a bunch of vignettes to me

joined Jan 8, 2014

Kyaaa! <3 gap moe <3 !!!!

Lol

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

"Plain" manager my ass... manager is a 8/10 while Yuria is a 9/10. I call that a close game people. Almost like Warriors vs Cavaliers...

It's kinda implied that Manager is kind of....slightly butch? I could see that being termed plain by a lot of people. Especially by men.

My question at that point becomes "why is the title written from a man's perspective?!"

You could also interpret it as a personality trait having a plain personality type meaning generally serious and not being crazy. And I would assume lesbians see other women thru the eyes of a man to a degree like gay men see a hot guy with the eyes of a woman(half my family is gay and it's very weird going to the beach with a reunion)

joined Feb 23, 2016

I waaant moreee~

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You could also interpret it as a personality trait having a plain personality type meaning generally serious and not being crazy. And I would assume lesbians see other women thru the eyes of a man to a degree like gay men see a hot guy with the eyes of a woman(half my family is gay and it's very weird going to the beach with a reunion)

I've usually found that straight men and sapphic women have markedly different perspectives when it comes to what they find attractive in a woman.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

This one is scattered so much. I can't really understand whether they are a couple already or not. Kinda messy :(

joined Jun 12, 2015

^This.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Taneko is one of the artists who has been announced as being involved with Yuri Hime's web manga project, Pixiv Yuri Hime (pixiv has a section that hosts non-doujin web manga publications). And shortly before YH announced that, one of Taneko's pixiv posts mentioned having been approached to do a manga based on Okabe and Yuria . In other words, this will probably be getting a commercially serialized version as a web manga.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

The randomness are kinda cute tho. The arts are nice too!

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I guess I'm pretty used to these Pixiv series. I can follow this one easily.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Taneko is one of the artists who has been announced as being involved with Yuri Hime's web manga project, Pixiv Yuri Hime (pixiv has a section that hosts non-doujin web manga publications). And shortly before YH announced that, one of Taneko's pixiv posts mentioned having been approached to do a manga based on Okabe and Yuria . In other words, this will probably be getting a commercially serialized version as a web manga.

That's awesome. I hope this artist gets a lot of exposure, they seem to have great taste (otome no teikoku fan) and instincts (the moe gap and neediness from the model-chan).

And I don't think every series needs to have a concrete linear narrative, if that's not what the author's going for. The little vignettes are very expressive and cute. They all ring true, even if the chronology hasn't been fully assembled. There are tons of other strips and extra pics of this couple too on her pixiv, so who knows what the full picture portrays.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I've usually found that straight men and sapphic women have markedly different perspectives when it comes to what they find attractive in a woman.

I'm going to have to agree with Majere. I've actually read some very interesting discussions on how if a girl views (from actions/words/comments, obviously can't get in their head) other girls the same way men do, she's probably faking her attraction to turn guys on because it is so markedly different from how women with genuine attraction to other women behave.

last edited at Jun 24, 2017 6:08PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Juice posted:

And I don't think every series needs to have a concrete linear narrative, if that's not what the author's going for. The little vignettes are very expressive and cute. They all ring true, even if the chronology hasn't been fully assembled. There are tons of other strips and extra pics of this couple too on her pixiv, so who knows what the full picture portrays.

The issue with it being so nonlinear is that it makes it a lot more difficult to follow since the status of their relationship seems to change from chapter to chapter without clarifying that it changed.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I don't mind the sort of disjointed structure. It's kinda refreshing. Also it's pretty cute overall, so I'm liking it a lot.

Large
joined May 27, 2017

bla\

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'm going to have to agree with Majere. I've actually read some very interesting discussions on how if a girl views (from actions/words/comments, obviously can't get in their head) other girls the same way men do, she's probably faking her attraction to turn guys on because it is so markedly different from how women with genuine attraction to other women behave.

I dont know? Different people behave differently.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I actually had no idea about that... it certainly is very interesting. Maybe now I can justify my frankly quite misandric belief that men are perverted scumbags and women are pure, angelic creatures? (this is a joke and a super dumb one at that... partially a joke at any rate, the first part is somewhat true). Anyhow, it actually is pretty interesting. It's stuff like this that makes Dynasty worth visiting... I mean, the yuri's the main reason and the wonderful community is the second most important reason, obviously, but learning interesting new things is the third most important (I wonder if I should ask for legitimate data though? Eh, I'll just take it at face value for now).

last edited at Jun 24, 2017 10:17PM

Papaya1
joined Sep 25, 2015

The more I read the more curious I get to how they met or got attached to one another.

1323weqw
joined Jul 6, 2012

Dear me.. if this is what "Plain" is, then I must be a wooden plank or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.