AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That just went from0 to 1000 to 0 to 1000 and back to 0 reaaall fast

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 11:56AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't think they're that out of the ordinary. Just silly.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There is literally nothing weird or depressing about this? It's a pretty cute story. If the thought of your loved one dying doesn't scare you or making you feel bad then I think you're the one with a problem...

I agree.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

They're just being silly and cutesy/childish and worried one of them will disappear one day. I can't really see how it can be taken as dark when "I'm scared I'll die" is immediately followed by "because I won't get to see you anymore~!!" and when the tone itself was so light in their awkward lovey dovey kind of way. Par for the course with these two, and I really liked it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MegaWallflower posted:

I can't really see how it can be taken as dark

I think the main issue was "trying to see how being strangled by the one you love feels like" part.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 4:23PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

<3

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

I think the main issue was "trying to see how being strangled by the one you love feels like" part.

Personally I don't think it's all that dark. They're just teenagers being teenagers. They're going to do some oddball things while finding themselves, that's to be expected.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nevri posted:

Personally I don't think it's all that dark. They're just teenagers being teenagers. They're going to do some oddball things while finding themselves, that's to be expected.

I meant, I think that is the main issue for most people commenting here, that strangling someone you love seems a bit extreme and the fact they actually tried it out.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

oh wow

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nevri posted:

I meant, I think that is the main issue for most people commenting here, that strangling someone you love seems a bit extreme and the fact they actually tried it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_asphyxiation

It's a fetish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 12:02AM

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nevri posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_asphyxiation

It's a fetish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was about to comment that xD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AquarianDemocrat posted:

It's a fetish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know about it. But as you can see most dynasty users are delicate flowers that can't handle anything out of ordinary.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Oh yeah, I figured as much. I was just giving an explanation of why it's not as dark as people are thinking.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

While this isn't exactly the best out of the Nana Yuri anthology, It's still pretty damn decent. I think it's pretty adorable when lovers are so dedicated to each other that they'd rather die then not be together with the other. Also there's nothing wrong with a little fetish in my Yuri, some people just wan't to overcomplicate this and assume that this author is crying for help which is pretty damn bogus.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't help but feel the talk about asphyxiation fetish is a bit disingenuous here since it isn't presented as a sexy thing, either in terms of presentation or the girls' understanding of it. The strangling is more borne of curiosity and neither show much sign of wanting to do it again.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Honestly, it is the slight dissonance between the art style and the semi-dark-ish subject matter that has left me with the impression of 'something is odd here'. I mean, yes, it is Pukuichi, so, not a big surprise there, but still, the art just does not look like the style for contemplating death, or death at the hands of a loved one (and presented with a positive spin, at that). Plus, the characters are somewhat too cutesy looking/behaving, so that contrasts even more with their thoughts.

Overall, was cute. Weird, but cute.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 11:31AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

I can't help but feel the talk about asphyxiation fetish is a bit disingenuous here since it isn't presented as a sexy thing, either in terms of presentation or the girls' understanding of it.

Yea, I agree. That is why I didn't want to bring it up, since that wasn't exactly what they were doing, even if the concept is technically similar.

joined Oct 17, 2015

Author's afterward:

"Thank you for obtaining this book. I don't know how it'd turn out handling one of these heavy matters, but I think everyone has thought about the scariness of death, outer space, and other things. There aren't that many books that talk about the scariness of death, so I wrote this despite understanding that it might feel a little imprudent. Sometimes when I get in the futon and can't sleep, my mind ends up wandering onto the topic and get scared. But, despite feeling 'scared, scared' one moment, the next moment I'd think of yuri and baseball. Living is a mysterious thing isn't it. I'd be happy if you, by reading this, might feel the same way about that."

That's the first half, the second half is just talking past and future works.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Aw shoot, I've read a doujin before reading a specific manga. Dang it.

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Thank you for translating!

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Author's afterward:

"Thank you for obtaining this book. I don't know how it'd turn out handling one of these heavy matters, but I think everyone has thought about the scariness of death, outer space, and other things. There aren't that many books that talk about the scariness of death, so I wrote this despite understanding that it might feel a little imprudent. Sometimes when I get in the futon and can't sleep, my mind ends up wandering onto the topic and get scared. But, despite feeling 'scared, scared' one moment, the next moment I'd think of yuri and baseball. Living is a mysterious thing isn't it. I'd be happy if you, by reading this, might feel the same way about that."

I surly hope that clears things up. Thank you for the translation.

joined Apr 27, 2017

Not that unlikely depending on where you frequent. Though it is unlikely on Dynasty in particular.

Maybe I'm just too pure and untouched by the dark corners of the internet.

“It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.”

― George W. Bush

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Nevri posted:

Maybe it's because most of us has seen Happy Sugar Life and other yandere manga

joined May 24, 2014

There is literally nothing weird or depressing about this? It's a pretty cute story. If the thought of your loved one dying doesn't scare you or making you feel bad then I think you're the one with a problem...

I agree.

me too, I was ready for the worst and what I saw wasn't hardcore at all

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

MegaWallflower posted:

I can't really see how it can be taken as dark

Touche.

To reply you must either login or sign up.