Forum › Met My Sister on a Dating Site discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

So the latest additions to this storyline kinda reduce the impact of the first chapter, IMHO. The suddenness of the romance between them loses something when you find out that, no, they've had these feelings for a while.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm a bit lost here, are they really the same sisters, it's a bit hard to see with that simplistic art but they don't seem to have the same personality at all.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Once you go sister, you just can't resist 'er.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

^ All this zealotry is why I chose to follow the perfectly secular spiritual philosophy of Nanohaism. >__>

Yeah but you gotta be in good shape to practice Nanohaism, since you have to be able to beat friendship into people.

...so where is the problem? You get friendships and good physical shape in the same package. ^^

The problem is I'm lazy.

If everyone just followed Haruhism, we'd all be happy.

you over there! become happy. seriously. if haruhi sees you not being happy ... look, what do you need here? a kitten? takoyaki? oh, hi, haruhi! (now we're in for it).

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Remember, kissing your sister is fine until you begin to use tongue.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Then it's still fine.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Then it's still fine.

This here is what good sense looks like

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Is 'que' really right, though? I've only ever heard " por que".

"Qué" means 'what?' (or 'that' in a sentence), "porque" altogether means 'because' and "Por qué" separated means 'why?'

It's always seemed fairly reasonable to me that what is literally "for what" should effectively mean "why".

どう -> dou -> what
どうして -> doushite -> for what -> why
なん -> nan -> what
なんで -> nande -> by what -> why

And others, all of them with 何 (meaning what) in them.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 12:48AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Is 'que' really right, though? I've only ever heard " por que".

"Qué" means 'what?' (or 'that' in a sentence), "porque" altogether means 'because' and "Por qué" separated means 'why?'

It's always seemed fairly reasonable to me that what is literally "for what" should effectively mean "why".

In all the examples I saw (google) the only use you give to "for what" is in sentences, to make reference to "a reason/cause/origin", maybe? (please explain me if I'm wrong, I wanna know how it's properly used) in those cases we would use "por lo que" or "por lo cual".

Example: One cannot be held responsible "for what" they don't understand -> Uno no puede hacerse responsable "por lo que" no entiende.

In spanish we translate "for" into "por" or "para" (depending on what you're talking about, mostly "para"), "why" is the correct translation to "por que" so "for what?" would be the proper translation to 'para qué'. Still, you normally see it translated to english to "why?" because a "for what?" as a question doesn't seem to exist in your language and it makes translations really inaccurate. "Por qué" and "para qué" have two complete different meanings which are really hard to explain, so you shouldn't translate them into the same thing (why)... "por que" would ask "which reason you folow" (motives) and "para que" would ask "which goal you follow" (actions, results), or something... I don't really know how to put it in english words. I searched for all the WH- questions and there're correct translations to all of our fundamental questions except that one.
who -> Quién
what -> Qué
when -> Cuándo
where -> Dónde
why -> Por qué
how -> Cómo
which -> Cuál
whose -> De quién
........... -> Para qué

I was like 1hour re-reading what I'm posting and had to re-write it like 5 times cause even I myself didn't understand a shit of what I was saying. I also had to edit it lots of times afterward, so please if you're gonna quote use the lastest version.

なんで -> nande -> by what -> why

What's the difference between 'by what' and 'how'?

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 2:22AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The particle de actually has a fairly broad meaning. Two examples: futaride -> done by two people, hanashide -> done while talking. But that's beside the point. I've never actually seen nande mean anything other than "why", so that literal interpretation of "by what" actually means nothing at all.

Edit: -I said. But I quickly found this case where I translated " nande omae ga nakun da yo" as " what are you crying for?" It still basically means why though.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 2:32AM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

So the latest additions to this storyline kinda reduce the impact of the first chapter, IMHO. The suddenness of the romance between them loses something when you find out that, no, they've had these feelings for a while.

Personally I like the idea that they've been attracted to one another for a while. It makes the beginning all the more nice. At first it seemed kinda silly, but okay. Now it's like there's something deeper here. I hope they can stay together forever <3

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Continuára

Yup. The TLer's fucking with us.

last edited at Jun 10, 2017 12:00PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

My immediate thought when she said she was working to be a dental Hygienist was

"Ah. She's a sadist"

joined Feb 23, 2016

God~

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

Lol stan, ya done goofed!

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

lool the sister is getting the younger sister drunk....that's naughty lol

i'm drunk as well xDDD I hope they go to the hotel xDD

joined Nov 14, 2013

lool the sister is getting the younger sister drunk....that's naughty lol

i'm drunk as well xDDD I hope they go to the hotel xDD

Well thanks to Stan's goof, we already know.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking it up, a "Shiochu Highball" is a "fruit-flavored alcoholic drink with an alcohol content between three and eight percent". Li'l sis must be quite the lightweight if she can't drink that.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Seeing the title, I almost thought that it was the 2nd chapter again but different in some way (like the OPM manga that sometimes rerelease a chapter with some changes). But regarding the chapter itself, it was very good, looks like many people got a little upset with the 1st chapter case, but I'm actually glad to be able to see this development.

Why am I having the feeling that everybody can see what I'm thinking?

Now, can you guess what I'm thinking?

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

This story is great. What I kinda don't like is that we know since chapter 1 they end up at the hotel. I would've prefer a slow build up to that. Also what happened to the big sister that she can flirt shamelessly with her little sister??

phantheky2000
joined Oct 12, 2015

How can we read stan though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Looking it up, a "Shiochu Highball" is a "fruit-flavored alcoholic drink with an alcohol content between three and eight percent". Li'l sis must be quite the lightweight if she can't drink that.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a lightweight though. If she's got a fast metabolism it could be easy for her to get drunk but difficult to stay drunk without giving herself a hangover. (Speaking from experience here too because that's how I am...)

joined May 23, 2015

Maybe it's not that she can't handle the alcohol. Maybe she just doesn't like the taste.

Highball drinks have pretty strong tastes.

Maidens%20of%20michael
joined Oct 2, 2014

All these stories from "Mochi Au Lait" are so nice, I really love it, big thanks to people who made them possible to read here!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 5, pg 5 "do something like that to own little sister?" should be "to your own little sister"

To reply you must either login or sign up.