Forum › Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara discussion

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

I've read through five chapters, and there are currently a number of theories in my head. The one that many have already mentioned is that she altered the time line and the future. That is my least preferred theory involving the time travel. My preferred theory is that she just leaped to a different time in that timeline. (Either before or after I would prefer before). If it was before that would explain the lack of furniture and kids. If its after the kids may have grown up and moved out. Its also possible they are all moving to a new home, and this is the transition state.

I'd like to think A-chan is doctor in the future time line and either trying to find a cure for Rinko, she's developed same sex test tube babies (and the children are A-chan and Rinko's), or they are taking in girls without families (all with yuri dispositions).

I'm hoping the men are A-chan's classmates and coworkers, and not her boyfriend's and/or sexual partners.

Not sure of the significance (if any) but anyone notice that both A-chan (chapter 3), and Shijou (chapter 5) were wearing necklaces with rings on them?

I thought the same thing in the first part, but I think there is a possibility that it has something to do with A-chan, in the chapter that she appears and her daughter does not let her in the house, she is talking with someone on the phone, that seems important to the story. So my guess would be a something like a time skip, and going back and forth in time, but not something like an alternate timeline (or i hope so, usually i dont like those xP).

But anyway, i liked the 3 daughters, don't make them disappear plz :<

Oh yeah, maybe she is seeing possible outcomes in her future, and by the end she will wake up back at the graduation day? Or is that most likely not going to happen?

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 11:21AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

do you think this is short like Fragtime or Qualia, or it's more like Again!! ?

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

there are 2 more chapters right? Chaosteam has no intention of continuing translating these series so hopefully /u/scanlations will take over :) cheers!

joined Dec 3, 2014

there are 2 more chapters right? Chaosteam has no intention of continuing translating these series so hopefully /u/scanlations will take over :) cheers!

Only chapter 6 left, and the translation for it is already finished.

After ch6 we would catch up with YH, and it's back to waiting one chapter/month for release. Though I don't think there is a chapter next month since the tank is about to be released soon (and before tank release usually there would be an extra or the series would be completely absent).

If you like the work pls support the author and buy the tankoubon. It's also the best way to show that YH is heading in a right direction by investing in more long-running series with engaging plots and more than just simply romance. I'm personally buying this, TodoIto and Holmes. July seems to be a packed month with a lot of good releases: this + YagaKami 4 + Eclair 2.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 11:59AM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Only chapter 6 left, and the translation for it is already finished.

After ch6 we would catch up with YH, and it's back to waiting one chapter/month for release. Though I don't think there is a chapter next month since the tank is released soon (and before the tank release usually there would be an extra or the series would be completely absent).

sounds good. and yes there will be probably no new chapter in the next issue.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Though I don't think there is a chapter next month since the tank is released soon (and before the tank release usually there would be an extra or the series would be completely absent).

That's not really a "usually" thing. It sometimes happens, consistently for some series, but not all.

E10f9c022a536625f862069b1c79b32f
joined Apr 22, 2013

……what the hell is happening here? Time-travel? Memory-swap? …???

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

oh look... me after every chapter

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think it's both time slip and alternate realities, or "what-ifs?"

First time : she doesn't confess. They drift apart after graduation. A-chan makes kids with men and manipulates her into taking care of them.

Second time : she confesses. She goes out with A-chan for a while, but A-chan eventually cheats on her with a guy (ie, doesn't take their relationship seriously). New time slip : she's now going out with her co-worker and the kids don't exist.

Rinko gets to see the consequences of her choices with the time slip.

So, what's the solution to be happy?

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 3:09PM

DeackonFrost
joined Jul 23, 2016

Can someone point me to where or how to buy this, I really want to support stuff like this, and I totally agree with Sisyphus.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Damn my head hurts!!!!!!!!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'm not in any rush to find out what's happening. I just want a good story to be told. I have a few theories, but I don't feel like typing all of that, at the moment. It seems like there might be some sort Yuri harem in the works. That'd be nice. I hope they become popular soon. Anyway, it's a good story and I pray it gets better.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

By the way, it seems a lot of girls really love Rinko-chan, except the one she's in love with.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Seems like Yuri Butterfly Effect, but she can't control or doesn't know what triggers the jump into future/past. I think it might be linked to her thinking about future (maybe past) and the way she wants it to turn out or something.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 4:57PM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I wonder what the significance of the phone call is? Akari referred to herself as Tachibana, her family name was originally Hanano. Perhaps Akari is moving in time alongside Rinko? Time appears to be moving "normally", she's just jumping between years. What will happen at the end of the month? Wonder where Hinata came from.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 5:01PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Long ago in a distant land, I, A-chan, the two-timing master of cheating, unleashed an unspeakable heartbreak.
But, a foolish childhood friend wielding the power of yuri, stepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final kiss was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung her into the future, where my straightness is law.
Now, the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is A-chan!

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

My theory is that she's moving back and forth in time almost exactly 15 years. After she went back to the past, it moves forward at a normal pace for Rinko a FRUSTRATINGLY confusing and unspecified amount of time. Maybe six months or a year? Hell, at one point there, A-chan is hanging out with university students who look to be her classmates, despite being only 3 years older than Rinko who at the time was supposed to be in her second year of middle school? I'm super confused regarding the "main timeline".

Anyway! If she leaps back and forth in time at a rate of 15 years, give or take two or three days, then when she went back to be an older lady, she might actually be in her early 30's at this point. Maybe the kids have moved on with their lives in some way and Rinko got together with Shijou after they left.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Long ago in a distant land, I, A-chan, the two-timing master of cheating, unleashed an unspeakable heartbreak.
But, a foolish childhood friend wielding the power of yuri, stepped forth to oppose me.
Before the final kiss was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung her into the future, where my straightness is law.

i see what you did there

Download
joined Dec 5, 2016

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ON JUPITER IS GOING ON LIKE WHAT IS SHE 29 OR 12 CUS I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING... i need more now

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nya-chan posted:

First time : she doesn't confess. They drift apart after graduation. A-chan makes kids with men and manipulates her into taking care of them.

Second time : she confesses. She goes out with A-chan for a while, but A-chan eventually cheats on her with a guy (ie, doesn't take their relationship seriously). New time slip : she's now going out with her co-worker and the kids don't exist.

This explanation reminds me far too strongly of Qualia the Purple, lol.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

This explanation reminds me far too strongly of Qualia the Purple, lol.

stop her from leaving entirely and trap her in her house with nowhere to go for 15 yrs

jk maybe stop her from feeling like she has to become a doctor and live up to others' expectations. stuff like that.

N5203e802c394f_large
joined May 5, 2013

WA-CHA!

joined Feb 18, 2015

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ON JUPITER IS GOING ON LIKE WHAT IS SHE 29 OR 12 CUS I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING... i need more now

Well, she was never 12. Middle school in Japan starts in in the what would be 7th grade in the US. So at the beginning, she would have been at least 13, and by the time she time-skipped or whatever, she was 14, because it was right before graduation time and the beginning of the next school year.

The real question is what is wrong with the translation of the age gap between Rinko and A-Chan in the first place. It says they are three years apart, making them both 1st years in their respective grade ranges at the beginning. This is kind of confirmed when one of the teachers tells A-Chan "I'm expecting you to be at the top in senior high, as well." Then, somehow, at the end of Rinko's first year of middle school, A-Chan is GRADUATING? That shouldn't happen until Rinko's THIRD year of middle school! So, when she goes to visit her at college, she should be a first year high school girl, not a 2nd year middle school girl.

Looking at the way the artist draws Rinko at 14 and 29, it looks like they do a fairly decent job of not making her change height too much, which is good. Most 14 year-old girls are past puberty and have, at most, a few centimeters of growth left before they are done growing, if that. (Many are done developing in other ways as well, unless they gain or lose weight, have a child, etc... but it is almost unheard of for a mangaka to NOT have a girl in a story like this have larger breasts in her grown up form...)

In any event, at this point I have no clue where the story is headed. That is a good thing sometimes... I haven't decided if it is because this has well written plot twists or if it is just all over the place...

joined Mar 15, 2017

Japanese middle school starts at age 12.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ashita_kimi_ni_aetara_ch05#18
Isn't she a girl? I mean look at the chest, maybe the author wants to make us believe that A-chan played around but it's all just a misunderstanding that Riko passed on to the little girls.

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 7:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.