Forum › Koe no Katachi discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I think it would be a terrible idea if Ueno-san and Nishimiya met xD I can already see all the jealousy. Now it makes sense Ueno-san hated her guts because Ishida always spent his time bullying her.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

sorry as a parent, if i found out one of my kids had sign language, no matter how busy, i'd learn it. It doesn't matter if shouko can understand her with hearing aids, how is she supposed to understand shouko in return? Conversations take 2 people yo. She's had like 15+ years to learn it...PLENTY of time. Not to mention the fact shouko's not always going to have her aids in... and i think a lot of the hate for the mom is partly because every time we see her, she's got a really nasty attitude, the way she speaks, as well as the bad looks on her face. makes it very hard to like :3 although i don't think she's single, i just don't think we've seen the dad. or have we actually read somewhere that she is? i imagine that the dad is always busy with work. the japanese society tends to umm hide? their disabled and special needs, so it's not really a surprise her mom always treats her like she does. because they are so big on solidarity, it's shameful to have a disabled child.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I think it would be a terrible idea if Ueno-san and Nishimiya met xD I can already see all the jealousy. Now it makes sense Ueno-san hated her guts because Ishida always spent his time bullying her.

heh, funny, before I got to the end, I totally thought to myself, Ueno-san probably had a crush on Shouya (like the you-have-cooties-and-I-will-tease-you-mercilessly-because-I-like-you way of confessing), and your explanation puts all Ueno-san's bullying into a whole new perspective

and Nagatsuka, as astute as ever, picking up on the whole crush thing :D

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 9:48PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

(like the you-have-cooties-and-I-will-tease-you-mercilessly-because-I-like-you way of confessing),

That seems to be everyone's way of crushing on someone in this manga hah.. kids

joined Jul 30, 2013

I actually got Ninamori from FLCL vibes from Ueno.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i don't think the initial one-shot needed all those complications,
and now a love triangle too?

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I am really glad the one-shot got continued, the world building and revisiting of the old characters is just so much fun to read. Even before this chapter came out I had this feeling about Ueno back when they were in elementary school because she was SO CLOSE to him. I didn't necessarily think she had a crush on him back then, but I did think she had some kind of affection.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

so riddle me this... is this turning into a strange kind of love triangle between Nishimiya-Shouya-Ueno?

I ask because we now know that Ueno liked Shouya at one point and should Shouya and Ueno start talking and getting closer again, "could" blossom into a relationship. It also appears that Shouya likes Nishimiya given that he got jealous at how close Sahara and Nishimiya have become.

Am I misinterpretting the current situation?

joined Jan 29, 2013

I actually got Ninamori from FLCL vibes from Ueno.

I like this parallel.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

... Was that a confession??

Natsu
joined Oct 12, 2013

... Was that a confession??

that was totally a confession

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

that was totally a confession

Finally we're getting somewhere ;w; although I have a bad feeling this could end just as soon as it starts.. thanks to a certain someone.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

omg that was a confession !!! squeal!!!

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nooooo ishida you idiotttt

joined Apr 3, 2013

What.... what is going on?!
Why is Shouko so freaking cute. Gawd ;alsdkfjas;ldkfj. EVERY FREAKING TIME. I just want to glomp her into the biggest, cuddliest hug in history. And Shouya is... cute too. I wish he would forgive himself and get to know Shouko too. But I guess that process is what I'm looking forward to the most.
I usually try not to hate antagonists, but this Ueno girl... Man. It's hard. Just because your crush doesn't like you doesn't mean you can be a bitch to someone else. Grow up.

EDIT: IT WAS A CONFESSION?! I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN...! But then why did she nod when he was like "the moon?"?!?! THAT IS CONFUSING MAN. CONFUSING! And I was like: Okay, it's just my fangirling heart moving ahead of itself. Because... I mean, Shouya is cute and a good guy (learning on becoming one, and that, in my book, makes him a good one) but I just... didn't know that Shouko would have a crush on him.

...Or are we just all fangirling/fanboying way ahead of the plot for reals...?

last edited at Feb 15, 2014 11:10AM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

EDIT: IT WAS A CONFESSION?! I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN...! But then why did she nod when he was like "the moon?"?!?! THAT IS CONFUSING MAN. CONFUSING! And I was like: Okay, it's just my fangirling heart moving ahead of itself. Because... I mean, Shouya is cute and a good guy (learning on becoming one, and that, in my book, makes him a good one) but I just... didn't know that Shouko would have a crush on him.

It was obviously a confession :)
She nodded because he mistook it as for "I love the moon" and it would be twice as embarrassing to say it again, and imagine it had to take a lot of courage to say it for the first time. About the crush on him, yah. I think that Shouko loved him since she first met him, i bet that she wouldn't do all those stuff if she didn't like him (and love him afterwards).

Iwasawaicon
joined Feb 11, 2013

It was obviously a confession :)
She nodded because he mistook it as for "I love the moon" and it would be twice as embarrassing to say it again, and imagine it had to take a lot of courage to say it for the first time. About the crush on him, yah. I think that Shouko loved him since she first met him, i bet that she wouldn't do all those stuff if she didn't like him (and love him afterwards).

It's a confession 'cause in Japanese:

"suki" = I like you
"tsuki" = moon

They sound really similar, especially if you're having trouble pronouncing things correctly like Nishimiya. Also Ishida is thick anyway.

joined Jan 29, 2013

That confession was so cute ! Gosh, Shouya is SO thick.
To me, this manga is getting better and better since they met Sahara again ! I'd love to see it licensed here in Europe one day.

joined Jul 17, 2013

OMFG IM SCREAMING, SHOUKO IS TOO ADORABLEEEEEE

DAT CONFESSION AAAAAA

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

That last bit was lovely

joined Feb 19, 2013

To me, this manga is getting better and better since they met Sahara again ! I'd love to see it licensed here in Europe one day.

I wonder if he's really thick or for him the thought of Nishimiya loving him is impossible.

joined Jul 17, 2013

I was about to cry of happiness but then SHIMADA.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I was about to cry of happiness but then SHIMADA.

God that hurt so badly like YOU KNOW SONETHINGS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN EVERYONE S HAPPY

joined Jan 29, 2013

I wonder if he's really thick or for him the thought of Nishimiya loving him is impossible.

Probably a bit of both, actually. I didn't think of it that way but it makes sense. Maybe they'll bring this issue up later when Shouya starts to question Nishimiya's feelings for him, since he always tortures himself wondering if he is worthy of being his friend, being happy etc. after all the bullying he did.

But ugh that cliffhanger. Now that's a character I didn't want to see again.
I've never properly thanked the scanlation team though, so here, thank you guys for letting us read this manga, you're doing impeccable work as always.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

FUUUU when everything was getting better and then Shimada appears ..

To reply you must either login or sign up.