Forum › Kissing Mars discussion

Salamandrake
joined Sep 11, 2014

This is...the ending is just too much for me.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm usually not too fond of glasses girls, but for some reason I loved this story.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Kishi Torajirou is my freaking god of manga. Ah~ my heart </3

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

It reached out and took hold of my heart to fast for me to react, dragged me six feet under. Then wrapped me in its alluring warmth, that enslaved me to the plot, and at the climatic ending trampled that heart so hard that I was entranced all over again. T^T ENCORE!!!

joined Jun 14, 2013

As awesome as this story was written and drawn, I've only read it once as it left such a depressing feeling within me. It'd be torturing myself to reread such sadness.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's beautiful. The ending, whether you want it like so or not, it was fucking beautiful I wanted to cry. The way mc changed as a person though, the art, their friendship, loved it.

joined Nov 3, 2014

Wow, what an impressive story. Had to dust off my account just to say how much I felt from this one. I adore the art style, that was easily the most beautifully drawn kiss I've ever seen. And the characters were so realistic I couldn't help but feel sad for Yukari in the end. Truly a great one

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

That was so miserable! omg I'm in tears. I have school in like four hours and now my heart hurts. Fuck this story. I'm gonna go cry over there.

Trash%20minesan
joined Nov 13, 2015

Such a bittersweet story. Even though its not the preferred ending I was actually satisfied. You can see how much Yukari changed during the course of these four chapters I liked her character. Also the art style turned out gorgeous didn't expect to like it this much. Overall loved it.

Dsgsdfgdf4
joined Dec 15, 2014

maybe its because ive always had a thing for unrequited love but god, this is one of my favorite stories of all time. It's so beautiful, plus kishi torajirou has like. my Favorite Art Style

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 11:58PM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

A great one!

joined Jul 20, 2011

Did anyone else think of Grumpy Cat when they read this? lol

No.

I didn't.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

No... No.. NO NO NO NO NO I'm crying just no why why no NXSJJAALAODFIEB i wanted a happy ending was that really asking for too much??? Noohhhh no no. Just no. And when Miki pulled her hand away gahd like a jab or 17478392 in the heart ;_;

Yohanesoukan
joined Dec 27, 2015

The ending broke mah hart.

Tumblr_nzoo8regve1qagjcno1_540
joined Jan 16, 2016

This one is so beautiful. I really love it.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

this was really nice.

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Even though it left a hole in my heart, the story was fulfilling. Bitersweet but very well done. A favorite and a treasure!

joined Dec 19, 2016

While it could be considered bittersweet, To me this felt very open-ended. She just assumed her "I like you" was different than her "I like you".

last edited at Jan 2, 2017 10:34PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

While it could be considered bittersweet, To me this felt very open-ended. She just assumed her "I like you" was different than her "I like you".

It definitely was very open-ended. I don't usually dislike stories with open-ends but this story feels like it could have a clear het ending and would've still been a good yuri story. But since its not clear at all, i hate stories that makes you wonder if the girl gets a happy end or not.

joined Dec 19, 2016

It definitely was very open-ended. I don't usually dislike stories with open-ends but this story feels like it could have a clear het ending and would've still been a good yuri story. But since its not clear at all, i hate stories that makes you wonder if the girl gets a happy end or not.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for happy endings or complete endings. I've been burned by too many bad/bittersweet endings that come out of no where. If I don't get that at least for the main characters, I feel like I've wasted my time.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Yeah, I'm a sucker for happy endings or complete endings. I've been burned by too many bad/bittersweet endings that come out of no where. If I don't get that at least for the main characters, I feel like I've wasted my time.

I feel the same. I mean, i get some open-ends are alright, Like i said before, i don't usually dislike them since it doesn't affect the story, but in this instance, leaving it open-end feels that the author didn't know how to finish it and just left it like that for people to speculate themselves instead of delivering one himself.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I prefer happy endings too, but I still really liked this one. It might have been open ended, or a straight out bad end, depending on how you see it, but regardless of how you choose to interpret their relationship in the end, I think that in terms of character development, it was simply a good end. I'm very happy with how the main character turned out. Actually, I don't remember the details, but I recall her being a nicer person in general, really appreciating the other girl and valuing their friendship. Mc is annoying at times, but that's from seeing her behaviour from a detached perspective, a lot of the things she does or says is pretty common among teenagers her age, it's like, "normal", though not less annoying and cringe. And then in the end, her behaviour is just so much more likable, we see how she's grown. Even if she never directly confesses to her, even she legit keeps this inside forever, meeting that girl has changed her. That girl gave her friendship, love and warmth, and she's grown, she's happier, she's a better person now, and I can live with that.
I don't think/rmember if they ever mention it, but tbh I hope she dumps the shitty boyfriend, would have been better if she did. Hope she at least opened her eyes on wanting to date better people

joined Oct 5, 2016

I think the thing that really differentiates this from other "Oh my crush is hopeless, darn" stories is that in most of those the character's growth is just sort of a generic adolescent change towards adulthood, there's not really a change in the direction of their life. It also usually includes the assumption that same-sex crushes are just a part of adolescence that will be grown out of.

Whereas with this story, the main girl's need for intimacy and love is something that she doesn't even realize she's missing. She would've stayed with a dude that was only using her for sex and thinking that it made her cool, not even really understanding why she felt so miserable. And even though her crush isn't going to happen, it's not "fake", nor just a stage she's going through, it doesn't work out because her friend is straight but the main girl's feelings and her attraction is real.

If anything, that the friend doesn't respond to her "I like you" at the end moves it beyond just schoolgirl yuri, because the main girl is trying to move things beyond just a sort of romantic friendship. So it's a self-discovery for her, that she likes girls as well as boys, or maybe more than boys.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

What differentiates this series from so many other similar but worse stories is that the lesbian relationship isn't the point. The story is really about the main character and her growth as a person, not only in the maturation of her views on sexuality, but also becoming more self-aware and positive in her outlook towards others. The fact that they don't end up together is a reflection of reality - queer people don't have the luxury of assuming that their attraction will be requited - but it's also not a tragic outcome, since the protagonist knows that she will be able to learn from her experience and become a better person. This is probably one of my all-time favorites for these reasons. I've been constantly rereading it and it gets better every time. I would love an adaptation of some kind, even though that's not very likely.

Miku xLuka lovers
Thumb_aw3wkt1ceaietcp
joined Jun 7, 2015

AHHHH WHYY THIS ENDING REALLY MAKE ME UNEASYY. I REALLY EXPECTING THAT MIKI WOULD SAY "I love you too, I'm sory actually I lied you about getting a boyfriend, I just want to have your attention" DONE. AAAAASKRBDUCUSNEKAIDI*FLIP TABLE*

To reply you must either login or sign up.