Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Lol still trying to process everything. Is Yuzumori genuine though about liking Mimika? Or was she just saying that so she can get to the point of asking Mimika if she is a Lolicon?

Yep, totally the safest way ever to figure out if someone's a lolicon. Wait 'till the third party left to confess, then see if they jump you or not. Stand right there with looking up a gun's barrel and pull the trigger to try and see if it's loaded. >>

joined Aug 11, 2014

It's possible that Yuzumori just talked about this fun older girl she's been spending time with, and either her family or friends at school were like "Ehhhh? An older person just suddenly took an interest in you? Are you sure they're not a lolicon?" and that Yuzumori doesn't really get it beyond the vague idea that lolicons hang around children and are bad in some nebulous way. Or that her school had a session about stranger danger and she started wondering if that applies to Mimika. You know, the normal ways a child would learn a word like that.

If she's actually supposed to be a regular child character and not a fetish fantasy, it wouldn't be really strange for her to not fully understand what it means for a person to be a lolicon, or what's necessarily dangerous about an adult taking a romantic or sexual interest in a child (she wouldn't understand the sexual aspect of it in the first place) but she may have connected the dots from lolicons are bad > lolicons like children > Mimika likes me > Mimika feels bad about it > "Does Mimika feel bad about it because she's a lolicon?"

Even if she can't make an informed value judgement on whether it's bad to be around a lolicon even if they seem to be nice, it's still possible for the story to go in a non-nefarious direction from this point, depending on what Mimika decides to do next and exactly how much Yuzumori is supposed to understand, but either way, the next couple of chapters seem like they might be pretty definitive about whether this has been a story about creepy things, or just a story that is itself creepy.

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 5:41AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Now I remember what Yuzumori's expression in 11 reminded me of: Kuma Miko

last edited at Dec 24, 2016 4:36PM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

inb4 cancelled for tracing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I won't tell if you won't.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Background tracing is perfectly acceptable, tracing actual characters is a big no-no, especially when you don't even own the rights to the original photos. From what I can tell Yuzumori-san is safe for now.

joined May 20, 2013

Is there an instance of background tracing in yuzumori??

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Is there an instance of background tracing in yuzumori??

I'm not too sure if it's technically tracing but a lot of the backgrounds are just greyscaled photos. I'm sure it's fine, it's not like it's trying to hide that fact.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hey I got the raws and went to ask to confirm for you (@w7n), but Rop was too lazy to make a post so I'm doing it instead. Also cus like, might as well let others know too.

Say, the Chinese translation that I read seems to differ from the English translation here, and I want to confirm which is right for a few translation issues. (If the raws are still available I'd be able to deduce that.)
Some issues are minor and only have some subtle differences, some differ significantly.

For example
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch02#10
English: (My voice won't come out.)
Chinese: (The sound of not being able to make a sound)

Ropponmatsu already answered last time, and she said : Japanese is 声にならない声, which literally means "a voice that doesn't become a voice".

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch07#2
English: My father's not here.
Chinese: The phrasing in Chinese is ambiguous and it can either mean I don't have a father or My father's never in my home.
(The next page has Mimika feeling shocked and apologising, which might indicate...)

"Do your parents live together?" , "I don't have a father".
"My father's not here" is a literal translation, but yeah it means that Yuzumori doesn't have a father.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch08#12
English: So you've been listening this whole time!
Chinese: I've heard that some time ago!
(The thing is, Mimika actually DID say that some time ago, in Ch05 Pg15.)

"You told me that before, you know!", so the English translation is indeed incorrect

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch08#16
English: This is my favourite thing.
Chinese: This is the thing that I call 'love'.
(For this one, without raws I would guess the Chinese translation is probably right since it makes more sense.)

It's sort of like "this is what 'love' is to me", or "this is my 'love'", so the Chinese translation is right/closer here too

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch11#13 (The translations of the pages after that are mostly the same but the context is important)
English: I like you...
Chinese: (This kind of) 'like'... (If the latter is right, the Japanese equivalent could be 'suki nande...')
This one is highly context-dependent.

Bringing back Rop's previous reply: Japanese 好き・・・・・・, which literally just means "[I] like [you]...". Whether the meaning is romantic or platonic depends on context in Japanese too.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Hey I got the raws and went to ask to confirm for you (@w7n), but Rop was too lazy to make a post so I'm doing it instead. Also cus like, might as well let others know too.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 3:03AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

There is something really adorable about Yuzumori being angry. I guess because she kept trying to stay mature over her age. So when she flips, her more childish nature kinda leak out

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The faces in this are really incredible.

joined May 20, 2013

I'm completely against bullying but after re-reading the series really quick, Jealous Yuzumori is cutest.

joined Dec 26, 2016

Hope this got a Anime! x3

joined Aug 19, 2012

Hope this got a Anime! x3

This will never get anime. Its full blown lolicon and yuri

Yes I'm aware there is already a loli anime but that was fairly controversial.

How well is this manga perceived in the magazine anyway?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
Don't be so pessimistic, shit like Netsuzou Crap gets an adaptation, so there is, even if it's small, a chance it one day gets animated. And if I become really rich, I'll fund the Yuzumori-san anime myself ! Yes, that's how much I love this manga.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Don't be so pessimistic, shit like Netsuzou Crap gets an adaptation, so there is, even if it's small, a chance it one day gets animated. And if I become really rich, I'll fund the Yuzumori-san anime myself ! Yes, that's how much I love this manga.

I'm with you my friend.

joined Nov 15, 2016

I would so dearly love a Yuzumori-san anime, but I do think it's towards the top of my list of things that will probably never happen. Aside from the themes, Yawaraka Spirits hasn't funded any anime before (unless they're owned by someone who has, which is possible) so it would be quite a jump to go from nothing to running a risky project like this.

That said, I would be over the moon if it did happen. I can't think of any manga I would want asked more and the reactions on various boards online would make it wonderful on its own.

Edit: To add, if you really want to see these things, show some actual support and pick up a copy of the manga for what is really around $5. Amazon.co.jp ship internationally now! Strong sales figures will show them how much we love the manga and convince the people with the money that the market exists!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/柚子森さん-ビッグ-コミックス〔スペシャル〕-江島-絵理/dp/4091892922

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 6:20AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

^

When I become really rich, I'll fund a live action Yuzumori-san series myself!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

^

I feel like a live-action Yuzumori-san series would be really creepy, but perhaps that's just me... I mean, the manga rendition is creepy enough, but the cutesy artstyle (and the yuri, I must admit) kind of balances out some of the creepiness... we'll be getting hit with creepiness with full force with actual, living, breathing people though.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I feel like a live-action Yuzumori-san series would be really creepy, but perhaps that's just me... I mean, the manga rendition is creepy enough, but the cutesy artstyle (and the yuri, I must admit) kind of balances out some of the creepiness... we'll be getting hit with creepiness with full force with actual, living, breathing people though.

Rofl ikr
Speaking of anime adaptaions, isn't there a huge age gap yaoi anime getting a 2nd season this season? Aren't they like (adopted/step) brothers or something too?
As long as it's popular probably

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I feel like a live-action of Yuzumori-san would do really well as long as there is a lot of drama involved (which basically means if they milk the living shit out of this taboo relationship, perhaps it'd do well).

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

MORE!!!

joined Dec 26, 2016

I feel like in order to get more adaptations because the yuri fan base is so small people need to support every adaptation they make

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

From reddit:

Author is on one month break

:(

I don't go reddit much, but are you saying there's a thing on reddit about yuri stuff? Or it's just random reddit about this?

Each chapter gets a discussion thread on /r/manga. This search should always bring them up.
reddit.com/r/manga/search?q=Yuzumori&sort=new&restrict_sr=on
There are also some Yuzumori discussion threads in /r/ShoujoAi but there are less posts over there.

Oh my, THANKS. Guess I'll sign up for Reddit just for this. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.