Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

You know I would respect the hell out of this series if they go the hardcore realistic depressing route. Like someones' bottled up emotions expload causing an incident that breaks up the group or they somehow keep this balancing act going until they graduate. Than they drift apart after several years. Than in the last chapter they get together for some school reunion and it reveals that they each found a different way to cope for their messed up love triangle. Like one found a decent guy and preoccupied herself with raising a family, another just kinda broke down and took to sleeping with every woman under the sun, and the last one buried her feelings in work.

I will pray so that nothing that crosses your mind ever happens.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

You know I would respect the hell out of this series if they go the hardcore realistic depressing route. Like someones' bottled up emotions expload causing an incident that breaks up the group or they somehow keep this balancing act going until they graduate. Than they drift apart after several years. Than in the last chapter they get together for some school reunion and it reveals that they each found a different way to cope for their messed up love triangle. Like one found a decent guy and preoccupied herself with raising a family, another just kinda broke down and took to sleeping with every woman under the sun, and the last one buried her feelings in work.

Somehow this sounds like a Makoto Shinkai movie ending

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

shit is getting crazy

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Ooo holly shit , thats the face subaru got

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Me too but I think I see something like that here... With 2 friends, maybe they share a pool? Aggg I don't remember TT

Img_2519
joined Nov 1, 2016

sssshhhhIT!
I'm so mad I called it that Asakura was gonna be there at the same time Tsukasa was there...let the shit show begin next chapter lol
As if it hasn't been going on already for too long now
God damn it...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Me too but I think I see something like that here... With 2 friends, maybe they share a pool? Aggg I don't remember TT

Way too off-topic, but wheres your profile pic from? It looks lovely.

joined Dec 9, 2016

Lol kinda random but the title translates into "stars with no name" right? Something like that I think

joined May 8, 2011

EDIT: Also, I wonder whose thought bubbles these belong to: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch11#19 (up until page 21)

It says:
"Ah... This is it. It's this sort of feeling. She and I have always joked around like this. That's what feels comfortable..."

Those are Shiratori's thoughts.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I'll be honest, the trio is kind of losing me because of how tepid their characters have been in the last few chapters. Yaoi ftw.

last edited at Dec 9, 2016 11:04PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

EDIT: Also, I wonder whose thought bubbles these belong to: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch11#19 (up until page 21)

It says:
"Ah... This is it. It's this sort of feeling. She and I have always joked around like this. That's what feels comfortable..."

Kotooka x Shiratori pls. ;^)

joined Feb 7, 2016

It says:

Kotooka x Shiratori pls. ;^)

^^^ agreed

joined Feb 7, 2016

Shishunki Bitter Change : about two 8yo kids, a boy and a girl, who swap body after a fall. 7 years later, they are STILL swapped and have to learn and accept body changes, the loss of their family, the loss of their identity and that they are growing up "in the wrong body". Changing gender didn't change they romantic preferences. How they cope with this is the main plot point. Warning : this was previously published on the web, where it ended, and the end is tragic. And bitter. I hope the manga version will end differently.

How did the pervious one end?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shishunki Bitter Change : about two 8yo kids, a boy and a girl, who swap body after a fall. 7 years later, they are STILL swapped and have to learn and accept body changes, the loss of their family, the loss of their identity and that they are growing up "in the wrong body". Changing gender didn't change they romantic preferences. How they cope with this is the main plot point. Warning : this was previously published on the web, where it ended, and the end is tragic. And bitter. I hope the manga version will end differently.

How did the pervious one end?

There's a timeskip and it's implied the girl-in-the-boy-body committed suicide, closing the possibility of swapping back definitively. The boy is still in her body, as an adult, and is shown to have a kid of his/her own and still regrets to not have reached out to her at the time.

I think this manga was meant as a parable about transgender people who feel their body isn't the right one and how they may be driven to despair.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I still don't know what to think of Katooka. I felt sorry for her at first. But the fact that she wants to uncover everyone's feelings. Get it all out there, because she feels despair over unrequited love. Who benefits from that? No one. What does it make better? Nothing in the short term.

It just spreads the hurt around. So everyone can hurt, as much as she does.
She's being selfish.

last edited at Dec 14, 2016 9:03AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The new chapter came up...
Katooka is now the devil and she's not giving up until everything gets burn

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So Subaru is still the best character and Kotooka is going back to her old awful ways. Nothing has changed that much. Actually, no, it's like her character is regressing a lot in this chapter. I mean, i get it, you want to get the girl you like a good boyfriend, but what does spouting nonsense like a moron accomplish?

last edited at Dec 14, 2016 12:34PM

Img_2519
joined Nov 1, 2016

Jeeeez man.
Subaru SO close to getting his balls blown out live on stream.
(Starting to not like Kotooka even more like seriously stop doing that shit..she knows full well what she's doing like god damn it..talk about stirring the shotstorm further)

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohhhh~~ Good thing everything didn't go to hell (^O^)but kotooka is going reveal everything, and that's going to very messy indeed 0.o Hope everything turns good in the END! (T ^ T)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yo
Kotooka

Shut the hell up

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wow, I never read any yuri in my enitre life like this.

The fact that the motivations of author laid naked all over the story is so clear.

Instead of focusing on yuri itself, the author is keep introducing this boy just to stretch out the story and forcefully add aaangst in it.

Not matter how hard you try to get the feels from it, barely 20% of yuri in it and rest is unnecessary stretching of events with 0 effect on character's developnmet. Even a inexperienced person like me can come up with better situation to make much better character development .

It's pretty clear that author is still an amateur when comes to yuri and taking the path of keep introducing the guy just for sake of drama and stretching the story.

One of those manga like Citrus but with absolutely 0 focus on yuri. Won't recommend wasting time on it if you are a yuri fan and looking for manga like Octave, Real Her or WTDFS.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Page 24 middle panel: "something" misspelled.

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

Kotooka is the one who ruining their friendship

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Kotooka is the one who ruining their friendship

Seriously. How the fuck does forcing your friend to do something she doesn't actually want to do is going to help your friendship? It feels like the author just doesn't want us to like her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.