Forum › Lily Love discussion

Screenshot_20210415-040506_chrome
joined Aug 26, 2013

This last chapter... i've been waiting so long for. My pulse was racing. The love between these two is magnificent! I love this so much!!

joined Jul 8, 2013

Me, this entire chapter: "Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated. Please for the love of God, tell her you cheated. Just tell her you cheated, don't drag this shit out for no fucking reason. Tell her you cheated. DAMMIT ALL!"

Is that honestly not gonna become a plot point later on? I find that fucking ridiculous. Just get it fucking over with. Like are they honestly trying to imply that WASN'T a big issue? Please, just...*sigh* I'm just so tired of bullshit drama...I don't want this to come back later and become a whole big thing cuz nobody said anything and then, even if it doesn't come back later, it just feels dishonest.

last edited at Dec 11, 2016 7:30PM

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lily_love_ch29#22
Oh, I just DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT!
It must be something you said...

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

So now that the chapter 29 is out, can someone who owns the secret scene tell me if it's different ?

the preorders were already over when i found the info (silent crying)
(i feel screwed just because i came to know this wonderful author too late)

last edited at Dec 11, 2016 10:03PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Me, this entire chapter: "Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated.

Ah, that's true. I wonder if it's gonna be brought up later, or just brushed under the rug from being justified as "ok" somehow

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So now that the chapter 29 is out, can someone who owns the secret scene tell me if it's different ?

it's much more NSFW and don't worry. You will be able to read LLSS in English in the future...

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Nya-chan posted:
The cheesiness is part of the charm I'd say. Everything that is usually not shown or is implied in Japanese manga is exposed here.

She lays it really thick, as if it was an educational manga. Same-sex love, 101.

For a seasoned manga reader, it's cringy. For first timers, it's cute. But after all, the target audience is Thai, so maybe not accustomed to yuri tropes and there, they like that kind of exposition.

Long story short, you're NOT the target audience. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Some really good points, though I wouldn't assume things about Thai audiences (or my bubble?).

Raz posted:
There's a lot of translated BL and yuri manga in Thailand either through online scanlation or officially published Thai versions, so I don't think it's because we're behind or we're not used to yuri tropes. But "you're mine" is something I've heard couples here say so... could be more a cringy relationship thing.

Hm thanks for your perspective. The reason I thought "You're mine now" was particularly cringy was because of the context. It's almost like saying "Oh we just had sex together for the first time, so now I have my claim on you." Was Donut not hers before they did it? Maybe it's more endearing said in Thai, definitely not ruling that out, but if someone said that to me, it'd set off all sorts of red flags.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

it's much more NSFW and don't worry. You will be able to read LLSS in English in the future...

Thank you very much for your answer and the info ^^

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

"You're mine now"... blushes Good grief, that was the best 1st timer scene I've read. I want a re-do on mine! xD

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

After so long without proper updates and well, more series coming out, the genericness of this series is just more evident than ever. Art is gorgeous of course and Ratana shows a great dominion in the composition of the pages and panels but aside of that, everything is so painfully predictable.

And gotta to say the "promise me you will wait for me" trope is always so damn irritating regardless is used on het or yuri couples.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Hm thanks for your perspective. The reason I thought "You're mine now" was particularly cringy was because of the context. It's almost like saying "Oh we just had sex together for the first time, so now I have my claim on you." Was Donut not hers before they did it? Maybe it's more endearing said in Thai, definitely not ruling that out, but if someone said that to me, it'd set off all sorts of red flags.

Some people find possessiveness hot and some find it a turn-off, I'm not sure that's specific to language or culture. And to be fair, she did also say "I'm yours" right after that.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'd say that if anything, aversion to strong possessiveness is a distinctive cultural thing in liberal/progressive North American circles within the last 20-30 years, has probably gotten significantly stronger and more common just in the last 10. Maybe also in some social circles in Britain or parts of Northwestern Europe, I'm not sure. I'm too old to actually feel it myself, although intellectually I can see the logic behind it. It's an idea that may have existed in other times and places, but it's pretty rare; strong possessiveness as romantic has been the norm throughout the history of English literature as far as I know, for instance.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 12:40AM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I'm not even a fan of this series but I don't understand why many people call it generic. Aren't most romance stories full of cliches and predictable? This is no exception...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Exactly. There's nothing in the writing that makes it stand out.

last edited at Dec 13, 2016 12:58AM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

I know very few yuri series whose writing stand out , but that's because most yuri are cute and fluffy, nothing wrong with that. I enjoy some cuteness on yuri but I agree that something different would be the ideal thing

joined Jun 14, 2013

Super pro-supporting-Ratana-by-all-means (buying all the stuff on Lezhin, etc), but chp 29 lays on thick her tendency to write too much :| I could have done without pretty much all of the text from page 5 and on... some times less really is more, and her art's enough to know what the characters are feeling most of the time. Gets particularly cringy at "You're mine now", yikes, run awayyy.

Agreed. Exactly how I feel.

joined Jun 14, 2013

Me, this entire chapter: "Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated. Tell her you cheated. Please for the love of God, tell her you cheated. Just tell her you cheated, don't drag this shit out for no fucking reason. Tell her you cheated. DAMMIT ALL!"

Is that honestly not gonna become a plot point later on? I find that fucking ridiculous. Just get it fucking over with. Like are they honestly trying to imply that WASN'T a big issue? Please, just...*sigh* I'm just so tired of bullshit drama...I don't want this to come back later and become a whole big thing cuz nobody said anything and then, even if it doesn't come back later, it just feels dishonest.

I know!! Ughh!!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Some people find possessiveness hot and some find it a turn-off, I'm not sure that's specific to language or culture. And to be fair, she did also say "I'm yours" right after that.

"You're mine now" has been a perfectly romantic thing to say in the BDSM relationships I've had, for example... :D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Exactly. There's nothing in the writing that makes it stand out.

Which is why the intensity with which some people dislike it baffles me. It might not be something that changes your life, or a story that you'll brag to your grandchildren that you read when it was coming out, but it's a perfectly serviceable romance with quality art. It's not a bad story or anything, so I'm not sure what drives a few people, here and there, to really hate it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the line "You're mine now" is being taken a bit differently than it's presented, without really considering the context or the tone of voice Mew is likely delivering it in. The look on her face doesn't indicate yandere possessiveness, nor does the continuation of that line which a lot of people aren't including, "...and I'm yours...okay?" Hell, she even adds the "okay" to make sure that sentiment is acceptable to Donut and she feels the same.

If anything, I think this is less "we fucked, so now you belong to me", and more a continuation of the end of the previous chapter, where they both unequivocally state their commitment to each other, which has been a theme for a while in the series. Donut doesn't belong to her (and vice versa) because they had sex, the sex was the result of them making that mutual commitment.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I think the line "You're mine now" is being taken a bit differently than it's presented, without really considering the context or the tone of voice Mew is likely delivering it in. The look on her face doesn't indicate yandere possessiveness, nor does the continuation of that line which a lot of people aren't including, "...and I'm yours...okay?" Hell, she even adds the "okay" to make sure that sentiment is acceptable to Donut and she feels the same.

If anything, I think this is less "we fucked, so now you belong to me", and more a continuation of the end of the previous chapter, where they both unequivocally state their commitment to each other, which has been a theme for a while in the series. Donut doesn't belong to her (and vice versa) because they had sex, the sex was the result of them making that mutual commitment.

I probably let the conversation about this go into more detail than intended. When I read it, I understood that the intention wasn't to convey possessiveness and noted the "and I'm yours" to myself as well. The point of my original post about the chapter was actually more just about my wants from Ratana as a reader. Those are personal wishes, not anything that's actually imposed on the author. If anything it's imperative that artists dictate the what represents them without bending to fan sentiment.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I probably let the conversation about this go into more detail than intended. When I read it, I understood that the intention wasn't to convey possessiveness and noted the "and I'm yours" to myself as well. The point of my original post about the chapter was actually more just about my wants from Ratana as a reader. Those are personal wishes, not anything that's actually imposed on the author. If anything it's imperative that artists dictate the what represents them without bending to fan sentiment.

Actually, looking at that scene as a whole, I think "You're mine and I'm yours" was also intended to comfort Donut as she came down from one of the most intense highs of her life. It was her first time having sex, and with someone she'd been wanting for some time, so Mew's line comes off, to me at least, as more "I've got you" than "you're my property".

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Actually, looking at that scene as a whole, I think "You're mine and I'm yours" was also intended to comfort Donut as she came down from one of the most intense highs of her life. It was her first time having sex, and with someone she'd been wanting for some time, so Mew's line comes off, to me at least, as more "I've got you" than "you're my property".

Okay was really trying to get past the You're mine/I'm yours and sweet vs. possessive intentions conversation. Your points are probably closer to the original intent; it just didn't jive that well with me. As has been mentioned, I'm not the target audience.

Ratana's been a great, if not exceptional, addition to the body of yuri works and leaps and bounds ahead of the pack in drawing talent (in my opinion...). I don't think it's that hard to be a fan, supporter, and appreciative of an author and still be critical. Those sentiments coexist in plenty of contexts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay was really trying to get past the You're mine/I'm yours and sweet vs. possessive intentions conversation. Your points are probably closer to the original intent; it just didn't jive that well with me. As has been mentioned, I'm not the target audience.

Well, I wasn't trying to direct my comments at you specifically since there's been a whole conversation surrounding it. So I hope I haven't made you feel put upon at all. If so, then that's on me for not being clear and I'm sorry for that.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Well, I wasn't trying to direct my comments at you specifically since there's been a whole conversation surrounding it. So I hope I haven't made you feel put upon at all. If so, then that's on me for not being clear and I'm sorry for that.

We're good :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.