Forum › Lily Love discussion

joined Jan 4, 2014
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That father part pissed me of and made me kinda sad
The love part made it all better

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Now I wait for my two year's worth sex part.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Thailand has a reasonably good economy still for its part of the world. Either Donut or Mew can afford to visit a couple of times over the 2 years, or both of them can.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Being a Christian myself I can understand where Mew's poppa is coming from . I understand what he is saying and he's not wrong , but he is also not fully correct either . Yes Man and Woman were made to form a pair for companionship and to have children and populate the planet , but that doesn't mean that others can't form the same bond . It just means the equation of having children is removed . Being female is hard enough and being with a woman is hard also but workable . I am not some hardcore lesbian fem bot , but I will stay Mew's poppa needs a good knuckle sandwich .

joined Jun 27, 2014

nope, reading chapter 27 didnt make me cry... not at all ... fml

The mini ninja's were cutting those darn onions again (sniffle)

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

A knuckle sandwich... that brightened my mood a bit, after being so enraged by this a-hole. Note Mew was in her school uniform when he told her these horrible things first.

To be honest I am a little disappointed with the rest of the family. If I were the mom or the brother, I would shun my dad for mistreating my daughter/sister that bad. Seriously, I don't think that those people change their mind just by being "shown that it works", they also need a lesson in how it feels to be treated like shit by your own family. They need to learn that if they don't accept their children, they are losing their family.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

So happy the two chapters came together. Homophobic parents are a sad reality for so many lgbt people. Not just in strict conservative countries but all over the world. Even in the friendliest places with open society ,equal laws and all, there are narrow-minded people. Mew's dad is a total dickhead but mom is thankfully awesome. Donut's mom is so cool :) And Donut finally confessed her love <3 :)) Screw the distance , true love is worth it. Even if Mew goes half a world away I think it wouldn't be a big problem to visit two or three times in two years. Patiently waiting for next chapter, gonna get hot :D

That dad part got a little too real for me e_e.
Anyway god they are too cute together

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

To be honest I am a little disappointed with the rest of the family. If I were the mom or the brother, I would shun my dad for mistreating my daughter/sister that bad. Seriously, I don't think that those people change their mind just by being "shown that it works", they also need a lesson in how it feels to be treated like shit by your own family. They need to learn that if they don't accept their children, they are losing their family.

It's not that "easy". Those kinds of people don't mind lose their family. For them, their pride and their conceptions are more valuable and important that a "faulty" family, so it's better throw them away that make a rotten exception.

And make them change that mindset is very, very difficult. And very hard.

So, my respect to Mew. Face his father as she has done it is one of the hardest things in life.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH die for feelings
Well, I understand the situation with her father xD just sucks T_T in the end, the mother usually accept you more easy...

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Now I wait for my two year's worth sex part.

You don't have to wait two years. Just three months :P

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 11:23PM by Nezchan

joined Sep 3, 2016

Thank you...i looked forward to the end

joined Feb 2, 2016

Thank 4 double jamy the only sad thing is almost end

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah it's "generic" in the sense that it's a common yuri trope, but the reason it's a common yuri trope is because it's a real issue in the real world so much.

My own mother endeavors to constantly remind me that I'll be burning in Hell, for example, because I dare to love other women as well. So it doesn't bug me at all when I see "generic" stuff like that turn up. It just makes it feel like I can identify with it more, which I think is kind of the point.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mew's dad needs to get the shit slapped out of him. Asshole

Aside of that, is dissapointing that once again, a story will end with a tearful goodbye and the promise of waiting for each other no matter how much time it passes. I mean, Mew and Donut have the potential to be a great couple but we won't see them like that.

Oh well.

joined Jun 27, 2014

So happy the two chapters came together. Homophobic parents are a sad reality for so many lgbt people. Not just in strict conservative countries but all over the world. Even in the friendliest places with open society ,equal laws and all, there are narrow-minded people. Mew's dad is a total dickhead but mom is thankfully awesome. Donut's mom is so cool :) And Donut finally confessed her love <3 :)) Screw the distance , true love is worth it. Even if Mew goes half a world away I think it wouldn't be a big problem to visit two or three times in two years. Patiently waiting for next chapter, gonna get hot :D

To state that someone is "Homophobic" means they are afraid of gay persons. But people aren't afraid of gay people , they are plain disgusted because it goes against all traditional morals and values . So gays are considered abnormal . The word " Homophobic" is a made up word to place a specific blame of someone and I can't stand that fake word . If someone doesn't like me because I am a lesbian then tell me ( and they do) but I won't call them "Homophobic" because I don't think they are afraid of me . They see me as abnormal and out of social normalcy .

As for Mew's dad you can see he is NOT "Homophobic" but just plainly sees her as abnormal and disgusted because males and females by design are supposed to pair up and become life partners and have children . But because Mew isn't a normal woman who takes a male as a mate she "will not" have children and that makes her father mad .

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The origins of the term "homophobia" do stem from actual fear. The word's usage has just evolved while a more suitable alternative has not been found.

Also a lot of words are made up at one point before they become "real words." :P

joined Sep 4, 2016

I just created an account to say one thing:
Fuck you Mew's "dad".
I had a serious rage moment there and I'm not even gay. Anyone in real life who could walk away from a talk like that and stay even semi-composed would make me incredibly impressed. I'm about to go punch a kitten just to let off some steam.
Mew's dad, seriously, go die in a fire. Seriously.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

To state that someone is "Homophobic" means they are afraid of gay persons. But people aren't afraid of gay people , they are plain disgusted because it goes against all traditional morals and values . So gays are considered abnormal . The word " Homophobic" is a made up word to place a specific blame of someone and I can't stand that fake word . If someone doesn't like me because I am a lesbian then tell me ( and they do) but I won't call them "Homophobic" because I don't think they are afraid of me . They see me as abnormal and out of social normalcy .

As for Mew's dad you can see he is NOT "Homophobic" but just plainly sees her as abnormal and disgusted because males and females by design are supposed to pair up and become life partners and have children . But because Mew isn't a normal woman who takes a male as a mate she "will not" have children and that makes her father mad .

"Homophobic" is a bit unsuited word yes. With homosexuality most of negative actions come from people's fear or let's say unpleasant feelings which then come out as hate, disgust , disapproval and so on.
So a better word would be " anti-gay " in general for everything negative about homosexuality.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

"Homophobic" is a bit unsuited word yes. With homosexuality most of negative actions come from people's fear or let's say unpleasant feelings which then come out as hate, disgust , disapproval and so on.
So a better word would be " anti-gay " in general for everything negative about homosexuality.

There's a nice quote about that:

"I hate the word homophobia. It is not a fear. You are not scared. You're just an asshole".

Fits for her dad imo x)

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

The suffix "-phobia" has a primary definition that denote a fear, but it also has a secondary definition that denotes aversion or repulsion. This is the definition in play in the word "xenophobia" (aversion to foreigners), "homophobia" (aversion to homosexuality), and when talking about hydrophobic materials, which repel water. This is part of the "wonder" of the English language that some words or word particles can mean more than one thing.

And it's funny whenever someone goes all etymological on the word "homophobia" they always single out the "-phobia" and never the "homo-". If one wants to get linguistically reductive, "homo-" just means "same". So "homophobia" should really mean "fear of the same". But no one goes around saying "Gee, I'm afraid that tomorrow is going to be just like today, so I must be homophobic!"

Words are more than just the sums of their roots, especially since the definition of those roots drift with time and usage. Just look up "anti-" in the dictionary. Lots of similar, but significantly different, definitions, depending on what the prefix is attached to.

But_thats_heresy
joined Aug 13, 2016

To state that someone is "Homophobic" means they are afraid of gay persons.

Not necessarily. For instance, we say that lipid molecules are "hydrophobic", but that doesn't mean we think they are literally afraid of H2O. The etymologies of words don't necessarily have anything to do with their meaning in practical speech. "Homophobic" means someone who hates and is disgusted by gay people, usually in the sense of an "ontological" hatred, a hatred for their very existence as people the way they are.

And sadly, the reality is that the vast majority of anti-gay people in the world hate gay people in that sense. The milquetoast Thomists who merely intellectually disapprove of buttsex for perverting the natural end of the sex organ and nothing more are a fairly small minority.

last edited at Sep 4, 2016 10:40AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aside from what others have said about the meaning of "homophobic", it's hard not to see fear in Mew's dad. Not in the "terror" sense so much as "fear of being different". If he accepts Mew as a lesbian, that makes him different as well, for accepting her "perversion", as well as holding dearly to a set of standards which themselves are rooted in that same fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of change, fear of your ideals being eroded or worse, being proven wrong. It's all based on insecurity.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Also, please don't just focus on the "having kids" part. That is usually a pretended argument people who are homophobic make (and there's nothing wrong with that word, neither is it fake, see the explanation KaliYugaz gave). In the end it is an irrational aversion against somebody else's perceived "being different". An aversion to accept the world as it is even, in the case of homophobia. Which makes him a perfect asshole, because he wants the world to suit his own quirks, which he ironically claims Mew of (dismissing her sexual orientation as a "choice" and "childish foolishness" is a classic self-betrayal to avoid facing the simple truth: Him not liking the concept of homosexuality is his problem, so he would have to overcome it, but that's hard and requires effort, so it's easier to blame others as being "fake").

Oh, and of course I know that even if his family shunned him for it (which I think would be an adequate reaction) it's unlikely he'd just change. Still, I think it would be the better action Mew's mom and brother could do. The father is actively hurting the family as a whole. not just Mew. Mew is completely innocent here, so I think it would be morally right to give her all the support she could get. And demonstrating him that it's not up to him alone to decide who is and who isn't welcome in the family by turning his own strategy against him would definitely support her.
Besides, I couldn't stand being with a significant other who is that vile. Tolerance of gays is a quality that anyone wanting to be even a friend of mine must have.

To reply you must either login or sign up.