Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

Wait, is this a full circle? How rare! Hopefully we'll get a threesome ending

XD

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

I think we all can agree that Tsukasa is the best through. Her goofy character was just so adorable.

Even during Kotooka-focused chapter 7, Tsukasa and her 'why do you need a small mirror, there is a big one in the bath room' or 'soccer practice is what make summer break so good' still shine over. No wonder more than half of the cast in this manga is after her

omg yes, that was amazing, especially "why do you always need to look at your face" rofl, Tsukasa is best girl, I just need her to be happy
When Tsukasa snapped at Washio, I thought it was gonna be really dramatic, but I'm glad she held back for a minute and actually like Washio finish, that they actually worked out the misunderstanding/COMMUNICATED. They immediately resolved the "you don't need to do this for me" and stopped Tsukasa from isolating herself, it was nice.

When Tsukasa volunteered for gardening tho, my first thought was legit "oh no, that's so unsubtle, Kotooka's gonna notice" and she fucking did omg
Kotooka set it up so that Washio and Tsukasa would be alone, so she was obviously gonna eavesdrop, and having her also figure out that Tsukasa knows of Washio's feelings and can't refuse, damn, that is indeed sharp, it's impressive that she figured it out right away, or at least suspected it, before definitely confirming it. A level above knowing "who's in loves with who", is "who knows who's in love with who", especially because no one knows she figured it out/heard them. Kotooka's just getting more and more burdened and stressed about this know, I kinda feel bad about that.
Kotooka is the one with the most "control" and better grasp of their situation, but it's so harsh that it's putting a lot of pressure on her too, that, for having different values/beliefs, she's gonna have to set herself out to be the "antagonist" of the story to maintain the balance.

Love triangles are common plot points/themes, but it's nice that this series is based on a "perfect" love triangle, and rather than the angst, the drama has as much to do about "information". The importance and use of "knowledge". Kotooka knowing of everyone's feelings is interesting, but it's even better that no one knows that she knows. It gives her that edge over everyone else, since she sees right through them, especially because they believe otherwise/don't realise it.

Don't you find Tsukasa Shiratori to look/remind you of Tenma From the anime/manga School Rumble?
I can't but help but picture Tenma in this manga. makes my heart skip a beat XD ^ ͜ ^

joined Feb 15, 2013

Her hair style look like Tenma but her character is almost completely different through.

She is not dense to start with. Unlike Tenma, Tsukasa also bit boyish, athletic and independent. In fact I will say Tsukasa's biggest appeal is the gap moe, where her personality is opposite to her outward meek -looking

Btw I like how despite it's a perfect love triangle, the dynamic of each corner is different. Each know differently for example. And Kotooka actually is jealous of Washio, while Tsukasa was not of Kotooka. Kotooka also wish to remain status-quo even at the cost of them going with someone else, while Tsukasa want Washio to fulfil her love

It's a perfectly imperfect love triangle

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 7:00AM

9020bea3a3cd0354c95399402120ae64
joined May 19, 2016

I wish all of them just confess to each other because by the end of the day either all of them end up hurt or one of them but their is no possible way that someone is not going to get hurt Sigh

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

I HAVE A CRUSH ON SUBARU

I really hope for a yaoi end , no more het please not now XD

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Oh yeah, now I think of it, what's the chances Asakura is actually into Sentai just like Subaru? That seems a pretty obvious hook to me.

Also, let the memes begin: Kotooka is disappoint.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 8:51PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Bet Subaru is going to crossdress and go as his sister. Comedy and yaoi ensues.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Bet Subaru is going to crossdress and go as his sister. Comedy and yaoi ensues.

I had the exact same thought. But I also thought he'll misunderstand as well. (this is a series being done by Hachimitsu scans afterall)

last edited at Nov 26, 2016 7:41PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

He's gonna cockblock Asakura the only way he knows how lmao. The second we found out that Asakura liked Tsukasa, and that Tsukasa had a cross-dressing twin brother, we all knew this was coming tbh
At first, for the cover page, I thought that I would have liked to see Subaru in the dress and Tsukasa in the pants and boots, but then I realised both were Subaru lmao
I think this series could use the Tomboy tag. It's not obvious at first, but we know now that Tsukasa is a pretty big tomboy, and arguably, Nadeshiko is too, to some extent. Tho it could be that she's just really good-looking, and looks quite dashing when she cross-dressed at the cafe, as well as the times Tsukasa imagined her as a prince.
It was a fine chapter, Subaru and Kyousuke have chemistry. I can ship this

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

I truthfully find these two more interesting than the main 3.
More plz.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Glass-kun is really a good guy.
And brother-kun is setting a trap, a real TRAP

last edited at Nov 26, 2016 9:07PM

Nozoav
joined Feb 28, 2015

These two nerds need to go gay for each other already.

joined Feb 15, 2013

While the story of the brother is somewhat interesting, I would rather seeing more Tsukasa and Kotooka

joined May 7, 2011

Regarding the page cuts, the translator says (on his website) that that’s how the raws he gets are formatted. If you look at this on Batoto you can read each chapter as one long strip. The uploaded file to Batoto is the same as the file uploaded to Dynasty. Either the Dynasty reader doesn’t have the functionality to stitch the file together as one strip or the functionality exists and isn’t being used for this strip.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Regarding the page cuts, the translator says (on his website) that that’s how the raws he gets are formatted. If you look at this on Batoto you can read each chapter as one long strip. The uploaded file to Batoto is the same as the file uploaded to Dynasty. Either the Dynasty reader doesn’t have the functionality to stitch the file together as one strip or the functionality exists and isn’t being used for this strip.

I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong thread since Ouji-sama Nante Iranai has the page cuts, not this one. Regardless, I have seen some longer strips on this site such as the Their Story pages, so it appears it is possible for the files to be stitched together as longer strips. Not too sure how one long strip would work though since Their Story's strips are usually much shorter than Ouji-sama's seems to be.

As for Nanashi no Asterism, I can't believe that I'm actually starting to look Kyousuke Asakura. He seems like a pretty good guy, though his "I WON'T GIVE UP ON HER" attitude is pissing me off a bit (a lot). I can only hope that he and Subaru hook up and they help improve the bad parts of each other's personalities. I can't really see how they could, but that's why I'm not the mangaka here.

You know, speaking about Nanashi and Ouji-sama, I just realized that the scanlators for these manga both released a chapter with the word 'hero' in it (Hero... Part 1 vs Little Hero) focusing on the younger brothers (well, Subaru's not younger but still) and their attempts to be 'heroes' by protecting their older sisters from a potential love interest since they're scared of letting them go! I mean, I'm not sure where I was going with this, but it's an interesting coincidence (to me at least) to be sure.

last edited at Nov 26, 2016 10:15PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I and about everyone else already probably felt that at some point Subaru would take his sisters place at some point for some reason.
And somehow I guess, and I'm probably wrong, that since Asakura and Subaru already share their love of Curse Rangers, I'm betting Asakura also likes to cross dress. Maybe.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So, this was a "kinda interesting but not really" type of chapter for me. Which made this a really meh chapter for me was that we didn't see anything even close to yuri in this one, but on the flip side, we got to know Subaru a little bit more and the reason he's so attached to his sister. Would be interesting to see next chapter when Subaru would impersonate Tsukasa and try to creep glasses kid out.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

For a moment I thought they were going to turn Asakura into a stereotypical dude in yuri manga, the kind who's always hateful. I'm glad that didn't happen.

joined Jun 30, 2015

So the story can turn gay?

Anyway I guess that Subaru will crossdress and pose himself as his sister in the meeting.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

so rooting for it.

joined Feb 7, 2014

so rooting for it.

Just question of time 7u7

joined Feb 7, 2014

Tsukasa please look at kotooka more :'(

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I swear if this ends up with Tsukasa not getting either Kotooka or Nadeshiko, I'ma cut a bitch.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

...Is anyone else feeling the vibes? Because, if it ends up going that way, I'll be rooting for these two

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The vibes I get as of chapter 19 is that Tsukasa might come to understand or learn of Kotooka's feelings (perhaps towards her or just in general) in the coming chapters. With everyone going their separate ways (temporarily, most likely), it seems like it's a reflection "arc" for Tsukasa, so to speak. I don't know how many chapters are left for the series, but I daresay this arc is posing as the biggest obstacle for the trio's friendship thus far.

Kotooka reached a breaking point in chapter 19 because she kept all of these thoughts, feelings and secrets to herself, so she is currently stuck between the choice of keeping her friends or leaving them behind with her lips sealed without looking back. Meanwhile, Washio is also taking her sweet time to think about her feelings for Kotooka after their most recent fight. Personally, I think there is a chance she might learn about Tsukasa's feelings here as well, but maybe not.

Finally, Tsukasa is caught in the middle of everything. She wants the three of them to stay friends more than anything, but doesn't know how to get Kotooka to come around (since Tsukasa is siding with Washio in the latest argument). It'll be interesting to see how this will turn out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.