Forum › Citrus discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

The thing I'm worried about though is how are they going to end the anime? Since the manga isn't finished yet, this could mean a really crappy/rushed ending. Unless this means the manga might be ending soon.

Open end obviously.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chikaon posted:

Since the manga isn't finished yet, this could mean a really crappy/rushed ending.

Manga is crappy/rushed to begin with so I wouldn't worry about that.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 6:54AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Chikaon posted:

Since the manga isn't finished yet, this could mean a really crappy/rushed ending.

Hah I actually thought the opposite. It's more like crappy and drawn out instead of rushed. Took waaay longer than necessary for them to get together.

I think it's finally getting better with the more recent chapters since they are actually tackling real relationship problems which is why I hope the anime covers more than the suggested chapters of 16 and 20. Since Citrus is exploring the "after getting together" part of the relationship, it would be nice to see a yuri anime that does the same. Many of them end before it can get to that part due to manga not being done or not enough episodes to do so.

Regardless of the fact that I wished other yuri series were adapted instead of Citrus, I am happy with the news of an actual yuri title coming out. It feels like it's been a long, long while since we got something that wasn't subtext and queer baity.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 7:57AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

the pacing will be critical if they hope to end it around the end of vol.4 and bring some sort of closure (the two finally getting together). Before that point, I kinda fear it wouldn't go far enough for a satisfying ending, unless they go for two seasons right from the start, but kinda doubtful for a yuri anime. :/

If not, this might end up being another sasameki koto and aoi hana adaptation... :x

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wake up to know that NTR and Citrus get anime in the same day
What Morning!

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

2017 please don't let me down

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Just heard about the anime adaption, HYPE. Although they could've picked literally anything else but ok... I'm still excited.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Just heard about the anime adaption, HYPE. Although they could've picked literally anything else but ok... I'm still excited.

They picked NTR too, which is a million times worse than Citrus.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I think 2017 will be one of the most interesting years ever, I'm one of the fans which are happy about this, but yeah I wonder how they will end it, what would be the studio and more blablabla.

I wonder which studio there are gonna pick up? Maybe...KYOTO ANIMATION lololololololololol, it's joke!

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 12:52PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I think 2017 will be one of the most interesting years ever, I'm one of the fans which are happy about this, but yeah I wonder how they will end it, what would be the studio and more blablabla.

I wonder which studio there are gonna pick up? Maybe...KYOTO ANIMATION lololololololololol, it's joke!

That would actually be hilarious. The guys at /u/ would explode with anger. But seriously, The studio that made New Game and Yuru Yuri, Doga Kobo, are good candidates.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 1:01PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kal3d posted:

It's NTR, for Japan that's gold

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Both Citrus and NTR Trap are doing really well in Japan, I'm not surprised. NTrap probs has a legit fandom there, compared to the hate it often gets here (hate which Citrus gets too, but I feel like there are as much people who love it)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Both Citrus and NTR Trap are doing really well in Japan

Have you read that anywhere? I mean, I knew about Citrus but had no idea about NTR. Anyway, I feel like yuri genre has gotten a bit more recognised since the past year. We got all these shows this season with yuri subtext. Now they are doing two canon yuri shows in one year. Maybe this genre is gaining more audience

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Kal3d posted:

It's NTR, for Japan that's gold

Yeah, they do love theire netorare.

Both Citrus and NTR Trap are doing really well in Japan

Have you read that anywhere? I mean, I knew about Citrus but had no idea about NTR. Anyway, I feel like yuri genre has gotten a bit more recognised since the past year. We got all these shows this season with yuri subtext. Now they are doing two canon yuri shows in one year. Maybe this genre is gaining more audience

Thats exactly what i was thinking. I really do hope that the announcement of these two getting an anime is a sign of things to come for yuri fans.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

there are so many yuri manga far better than Citrus but well I'm glad we're getting any yuri anime at all ^_^ it gives me hope for more yuri anime in the future

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

there are so many yuri manga far better than Citrus but well I'm glad we're getting any yuri anime at all ^_^ it gives me hope for more yuri anime in the future

If this adaption get's popular, Then It'll be a whole new beautiful chapter for us yuri fans. Yuri will no longer live in the shadow of Yaoi & Het. This is so exciting !

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 6:42PM

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

People's dream's never end !

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chikaon posted:

Chikaon posted:

Hah I actually thought the opposite. It's more like crappy and drawn out instead of rushed. Took waaay longer than necessary for them to get together.

Well, to me it was both. In general them getting together was pretty drawn out, but most of the drama was really rushed and instead of relying on real impact and having any meaning, it was just done by number cliches that author knew will make people react cos people are used to that kind of stuff in low key romance stories. Which is proven by how popular this manga is in japan. So many romance mangas done them and they still sold. It is good way to make average reader want to read it, but anyone that already saw it enough and want some variety and actual development, won't be able to stand it. Talking from experience.

I think it's finally getting better with the more recent chapters since they are actually tackling real relationship problems which is why I hope the anime covers more than the suggested chapters of 16 and 20. Since Citrus is exploring the "after getting together" part of the relationship, it would be nice to see a yuri anime that does the same. Many of them end before it can get to that part due to manga not being done or not enough episodes to do so.

That is my main issue in het romance as well as yuri ones. It never gets to "get together" part and if it do (usually in het mangas) they go for cliche drama of love triangles, stupid misunderstandings or my least favorite, being forced to break up. Because that is exactly why I read romance manga for. After first few chapter of Citrus, which I really liked, reading it become so painful, I just couldn't bear it, so hearing it actually did get to the part I so want to read about is a bit annoying. They really should have get together ages ago. Maybe if anime will rush through those plots I will watch it for those couple moments, cos sure as hell I don't feel like picking this manga again.

Regardless of the fact that I wished other yuri series were adapted instead of Citrus, I am happy with the news of an actual yuri title coming out. It feels like it's been a long, long while since we got something that wasn't subtext and queer baity.

Yea, any yuri anime is a great news, but still I really wish they picked anything else. If not something great, at least series that I actually did enjoy.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 6:34PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Is this the real life? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-14/saburouta-yuri-manga-citrus-has-anime-in-the-works/.108830

Fuck you, I'm not falling for this shit agWHAT

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yea, any yuri anime is a great news, but still I really wish they picked anything else. If not something great, at least series that I actually did enjoy.

To be honest, most romance mangas are based on cliches. It's not easy to write a very original slice of life romance story imo. Because it's a bit of limitating by its own nature.
Sure, they can have real life issues like coming out to friends, familly etc. But if every author chose to show this in every manga, it would end up being boring again when we read it.

I, on the other hand, think they could have not start dating so soon. But it seems like Saburuta wanted to make a story about them during dating, instead of mostly the drama before.
Citrus have become better lately though. I'm not a big fan of it, but I think some problems it has are justified for the reasons above.
It's usually short stories that get to be better, because only most important stuff is being mentioned. But when they have to make longer stories like this, it's normal for problems to arise.

Only long yuri drama stories that I think have a natural flow is Wdtfs and Their Story. And that's also because the authors focus on the side characters quite lot too. It's not really possible imo to solely focus on the two people of the main pairing in a long story and make it interesting too.
Compared to the other stories around, Citrus is not as bad as some people say. It's not great either, but I see why it got an anime adaptation.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 8:39AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Only long yuri drama stories that I think have a natural flow is Wdtfs and Their Story. And that's also because the authors focus on the side characters quite lot too. It's not really possible imo to solely focus on the two people of the main pairing in a long story and make it interesting too.
Compared to the other stories around, Citrus is not as bad as some people say. It's not great either, but I see why it got an anime adaptation.

I think one of the biggest issues some people had with Citrus, was their constant teasing. The "Would they, should they" crap they were doing on every chapter was getting annoying. I don't remember who said it, but in one chapter they're kissing each other and in the next two, they're avoiding each other and pretending it never happened and on top of that, Saburouta added needless drama once it seemed that they things were going to settle in. I hope that now that they're together and Citrus is getting a monthly release schedule, the story would have a more natural flow to it and Saburouta won't force unnecessary drama into it.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I hope that now that they're together and Citrus is getting a monthly release schedule, the story would have a more natural flow to it and Saburouta won't force unnecessary drama into it.

I kinda, kinda want more drama. I'm just a horrible person, though.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I hope that now that they're together and Citrus is getting a monthly release schedule, the story would have a more natural flow to it and Saburouta won't force unnecessary drama into it.

I kinda, kinda want more drama. I'm just a horrible person, though.

Lol Drama is fine, its a yuri manga after all, but unnecessary stuff like the whole "love triangle" crap on the school trip arc felt so pointless to the whole plot. You could argue that it helped the main characters get together in the end, but they could've easily reached that point without Nina and the loli sister.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://www.facebook.com/ChaosTeam/posts/197370310716771

Interview with Saburouta (and Kodama Naoko-sensei) ^ _ ^

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

/Drama stops/pauses

"oh hey, its not so bad after all"

"it's not so bad now"

"this is getting better now"

It's almost as if any involvement of actual writing in this is bad, and when the writing is gone, its suddenly good. hmmmm.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 10:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.