joined May 20, 2013

I... DON'T LIKE YOU.

OH SHI-

That's some JoJo-level "I REFUSE!" shit right there

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

omg she's jealous
On the other hand, what was Shi-chan worrying about? About Yuzumori-san
She said she was relieved that she seemed like a normal kid, but I mean, i don't get what she expect/worried she'd be like
On one hand, I'm surprised at Yuzumori-san's initial comment, like she was trying to gauge something, but her last line is pretty childish, overly honest. She's just a bit more mature than others her age, but she's still just a kid.

Well Shi-chan is clearly worried about her friend being a lolicon. In terms of why she was consoled by Yuzumori's behavior, I think it's because she has a harder time seeing a kid who acts like an adult as much of a kid, so her worries about her friends "prediliction" is somewhat soothed, especially since what Mimika seems to be attracted to is the attention of Yuzumori rather than Yuzumori herself.

And yeah, Yuzumori is still a child, no matter how mature she might seem, so that very childish jealousy fits very well.

I meant it more like, I feel like Shi-chan was expecting her to [NOT behave like a kid](dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch09#11), like, that she behaved in x not child-like ways and made Mimika "delusional".
And I'm sprta relieved/happy at Yuzumori-san's childish, unrestrained response, because there's always been speculation about whether she's been doing x things on purpose, that ambiguity of "does she realise what she's doing/what it seems like/what it's doing to Mimika?", which is a typical plot twist but in this context, also interpreted by other readers as people are try to "pass the blame" onto a kid (as if Mimika's attraction is Yuzumori's "fault")
I feel like, as for now, Yuzumori-san's response is positive (for what we're hoping for), but on its own, isn't sufficient. Idk how many friends she has, not many if I recall? But like... as of now, it's "normal" of children right? >_> If you hang out with someone a lot, and uh idk actually.. But well, Yuzumori's fondness of Mimika is clear

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

About the last page...

"私、あなたのこと嫌い" is much more like "I hate you" than "I don't like you".
It would seem Yuzumori really wants Mimika to herself~ x)

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

About the last page...

"私、あなたのこと嫌い" is much more like "I hate you" than "I don't like you".
It would seem Yuzumori really wants Mimika to herself~ x)

I still didn't expect her to be straight up like that or at least act like that

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

That's what made me like the chapter so much, since it's the first indication we get as to how Yuzumori feels about Mimika.

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT's Yuzumori-san for you, BI***.

joined Mar 6, 2015

Oh snap! That hit kills the bragging childhood friend!

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Yes! at least I see yuzumori get jealous

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Using honorifics... Mimika is Humbert Humbert.

What if....the audience was Humbert Humbert!

Actually, it makes sense, everyone praying for Yuzumori to actually be a mature-minded temptress who's putting an older girl in a situation where she's helpless with lust.

I really doubt it's the case, but wow would it be epic if that's the result the author was shooting for.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Who's Humbert Humbert ?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The friend screwed up. Instead of figuring out some way to cool things down, she treated Yuzumori-san like a love rival. Yuzumori is not experienced enough to be sophisticated about it, but when you practically declare you're her enemy, she's not going to mince words. The friend is a much worse idiot than Mimika. I am assuming the friend is not in love with Mimika, just a combination of wanting to be the #1 friend and worrying about Mimika obsessing on a grade-schooler. Assuming that's so, the friend is a total screw-up, and Yuzumori is just being honest about it.

I am not convinced this will end romantically any more than Shinozaki-san is. At least Kaede's of age, but part of the draw of the series (unfortunately) is the pursuit of Kaede, not the catching of her. Age and ethics aside, if Mimika caught Yuzumori-san, the series is over.

I am also not convinced Yuzumori-san is being jealous, even. The friend is acting damn weird. I think Yuzumori-san is precocious enough to be a friend to Mimika, who's got arrested development. People who really do fall in love with girls her age, out in the real world, uniformly have arrested development. So even if they got together in six years or so, Kodomo no jikan-style, it might not last, as Yuzumori-san keeps maturing and Mimika doesn't/

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 2:31PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Who's Humbert Humbert ?

The pompous central European-born narrator and protagonist of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. He marries an American woman in order to get at her 12-year-old daughter, whom he labels a "nymphette." The mother dies and he takes his stepdaughter on a road trip and sleeps with her.

The connections are that he said being around Dolores (nickname Lolita) made him blush and stammer like a schoolboy and that he said she was precocious - she'd already had sex with a stableboy where she had riding lessons.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 2:49PM

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

Yuzomori San with the Harsh pars, oh damn.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Using honorifics... Mimika is Humbert Humbert.

What if....the audience was Humbert Humbert!

Actually, it makes sense, everyone praying for Yuzumori to actually be a mature-minded temptress who's putting an older girl in a situation where she's helpless with lust.

I really doubt it's the case, but wow would it be epic if that's the result the author was shooting for.

I feel like Ejima had a very good idea what type of audience(s) this series would attract.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 4:26PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The friend screwed up. Instead of figuring out some way to cool things down, she treated Yuzumori-san like a love rival. Yuzumori is not experienced enough to be sophisticated about it, but when you practically declare you're her enemy, she's not going to mince words.

Do you think Yuzumori got that? That she picked up that feeling (love rivalry) from her words, and decided to engage in it/respond with those feelings? Or do you mean that Yuzumori (whether or not she understood that) was treated like "an enemy", therefore, obviously wouldn't feel comfortable/friendly about her after.
Cus I feel like, she could have been confused at the passive aggressiveness of Shi-chan's statements, and/or just nodded and said "ah, how nice". We know Shi-chan's intentions, but when you read it again without that in mind, it's really just Shi-chan bragging about being close to Mimika. She isn't even saying anything Yuzumori can respond/add to, conversation-wise. What she legit said can be summed up to "She relies on me all the time, I know more about her than you."
I feel like ppl normally would be confused at such comments, like "uh sure, good for you?" (Like how Shi-chan was taken aback at first, from Yuzumori's comment) Ofc, Shi-chan also made such comments in response to the one Yuzumori made in the first place. She wasn't sure if Yuzumori meant anything by hers, so she tried being passive aggressive [too]. If Yuzumori hadn't meant it like that, I don't think she would have reacted as negatively.
Whether Yuzumori is jealous or not, at the very least, she is bothered by those remarks

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd say it oughta been pretty obvious that Shi-chan was trying to start something there, if nothing else. And Yuzu didn't look terribly pleased about her butting in on her "Mimika time" to begin with, nevermind now that she isn't exactly privy to the motives.

Small wonder she's starting to look a bit peeved.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Do you think Yuzumori got that? That she picked up that feeling (love rivalry) from her words, and decided to engage in it/respond with those feelings? Or do you mean that Yuzumori (whether or not she understood that) was treated like "an enemy", therefore, obviously wouldn't feel comfortable/friendly about her after.

I may be projecting based on her facial expressions, but I am assuming the friend's tone wasn't friendly. But Yuzumori-san is very smart.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Always happy to see these in the feed. ^^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A DECLARATION OF WAR!

W01e390g
joined Oct 30, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch09#8 does the crepe become an ice cream?

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Mimika Noma! You're a dog!

W01e390g
joined Oct 30, 2016
Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

To be honest, something about the side eye by Yuzumori, aesthetically. It seems to dip into uncanny valley for me, like a sort of yandere thing. I understand it's difficult to portray something from the side as easily as the front (for example: how drastically mouths are drawn from the side), but it still feels very off in a way that Yuzumori does it, with how detailed the eyes are drawn and all, that it bothers me.

Which is possibly what Yuzumori is trying to do to Shi-chan to begin with.

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 8:11AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.