Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

I like your taste, babe! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

( ’ω’ ) It would be more accurate to say that I like your taste! ;)

Because usually people say "Yeah, sure, I'll watch it“ and then they never do T_T
It's nice to hear you're not one of those ^^

I hope I'm not...

But we're still at the stage where we're getting to know each other (◦’ںˉ◦)

Great! Take your sweet time! I'm anything but in a hurry :P

^^ You can't escape those damn feels! They haunt you. ;)
Most movies don't manage to hit so hard. That's why I love it sooo much!

well, this is your movie then! ^_^
Exactly, I seek the same emotional reaction! To be left speechless..

I wonder if anyone of my friends would really appreciate it... (≖╻≖;)

I love 'em all as well! That's why I got the soundtrack d (^‿^✿)

I like those 3 best:
Origin of Love (of course! Best song about love ever made! ^^)
Wicked little Town
and the ending song Midnight Radio (it's so good...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWcPAEpuq4

^_^ ..... thanks again!

And whenever I need something to cheer me up I like to listen to
Sugar Daddy or Wig in a Box.

honestly, when I've heard "Sugar Daddy", I though of you and your sweet tooth xD

And you know how you can make it even better?
You have to listen to those songs really really loud! ^^b
Turn up the volume to max! ;)

Most likely that would bring me a headache... but once in a while..., and you can sing with the music ♪(o^0^)o♪

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@CCL

The job centre making me go in on my birthday ;_;

Crime against humanity ;_;

I used to have exams on my birthday ;_;
One time I had 2 exams on my birthday...

so you are a libra? :)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I have no star sign since on the day of my birth the stars turned around and wept, so there were none in the sky D:

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 9:37AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I have no star sign since on the day of my birth the stars turned around and wept, so there were none in the sky D:

they wept because one of them had just descended to Earth, and they were lonely ;)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich

You do trigger interesting discussions sometimes ;)

well, I'm sure when the right time comes, someone will appreciate you for who you are and there will be romance in your life! And if you have your goals clearly set and the determination to follow through until you achieve them, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make use of some real romance as well ^^
but I don't know... I fail miserably in the romantic department being kind of silly...

Bon courage! It seems that you will have to work really hard this year, but it is worth the effort :)

and good luck tomorrow! hopefully there are the nice people among your future colleagues hugs

@Blackkitty Sorry to respond so late!

Well, I do my best to make the discussions interesting for others :)

The people are a bit better than I thought.. much better in fact. Befriended quite quickly one girl (got quite a few reasons to really get along with her..). Well, we also both help each other quite a lot; she came over to this town recently, and has basic knowledge of Chinese, so it's a win-win for both of us. I guess me being quite gregorious irl helps.

It's mostly people from other cities tho.. out of 28, 4 are from my city, two of the rest being from Ukraine..

Will try my best on the dilligent level.. so far been practicing the tones so much I can barely speak lol. At least tehre's an excuse for me not smoking nearly as much.

We're yet to have any writing, will be having both simplified and traditional writing.

Let us all hope for us doing well in the romance department! (well, aside from those that don't it)

@Galich

Most of them seem to be there just for the money, and thinking that the best way of not getting removed from the uni is to act like complete jerkasses and not help others.

I don't get this whole thing. ???

@oliver Well, from my understanding it's the logic of not helping others -> more people fail the studies -> higher possibility of staying at the degree. I'd say it's a selfish and miserable way of staying on the degree. Then again, I just try my best to help others and don't really wait to be rewarded back; a firm believer that kindness comes back eventually.

Also,

On a side note, 7:45 to 18:00 day is a real killer, even with breaks. Oh well.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

they wept because one of them had just descended to Earth, and they were lonely ;)

Poor star, wonder what happened to it D:

apparently all my pc fans have 65.5k+ rpm... oO

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Well, from my understanding it's the logic of not helping others -> more people fail the studies -> higher possibility of staying at the degree. I'd say it's a selfish and miserable way of staying on the degree.

How could you possibly see through their dark thoughts on the very first day you met them? :D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Welp, finally managed to break my dry spell and got a new story finished and uploaded. So here, you are.

How the Goddess Was Saved

Hope you like it.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Reading the Mahouka spin-off manga that shows the story from Miyuki's POV currently, and this is probably by far the only time where I'll ever fangirl over a het pairing; just purely because it's so undeniably adorable how much Miyuki loves and adores Tatsuya.

Still waiting on that Mahouka S2 greatness, but I guess the movie will have to do in the meantime.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I bet if Nigel Farage died he'd still end up leading UKIP again a year later.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Ya know what, we're all amazed as well. Maybe you should take up stamp collecting or model ship building. To quote Popeye, "I've taken all I can stands, and I can't stands no more." The constant "all anime sucks now woe is me" soapboxing is done. Seriously, almost every single post of yours in this thread, and virtually every other preview thread or thread in general, is this same soapboxng diatribe season after season after season. At this point it is not endearing anymore. It's no longer Jack Lemon in Grumpy Old Men. It's just annoying and general belligerence that derails threads. So it's done with. If all you are going to do is complain endlessly and piss on everything then save your breath or the posts will be removed. You've been told about it many times and at this point it is a detriment to the forums so it's done with.

Such savagery and fire from the ANN mods. For context, this is in response to a particular yuri-hating subhuman that got banned from TvTropes but somehow got a free pass on ANN to whine about how every season is filled with yuri shipping material and how anime sucks; well that is, until today. RIP.

Like really, this guy makes ThatAnimeSnob looks normal, at least TAS hates everything and doesn't try to spin some BS reasoning over it.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Filled with yuri? It always seems to me like there's never enough

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich

Well, from my understanding it's the logic of not helping others -> more people fail the studies -> higher possibility of staying at the degree. I'd say it's a selfish and miserable way of staying on the degree.

How could you possibly see through their dark thoughts on the very first day you met them? :D

Well, mostly their bluntness about only being on the degree for the money, unwillingness to help even with minor things and the general attitude of disrespecting the degree.

A bit of a ramble ahead, proceed at your own risk! Or better yet, run while you still can.

To be honest, with every hour spend at the uni I start to question my choice.

Having talked to most of people on my degree, I can confirm that all but 2 people are just there for the money, which is fine and all.. after all, it was even my motivation to begin with. However, the more I talk to them, the more I notice that 1. In spite of my initial motivation I'm much different from them and 2. the idea of studying something I'm not found of and getting a job I;d hate in the future just for the financial reasons seems much less appealing.. I always imagined myself as a history graduate with a teaching career (both things that I always found to be up my alley, and yes, I fully know how teaching looks like these days).

I guess it's all connected to the eternal dilema of money and stability vs a job you'd end up loving.. chose the first (pretty much against all of everyone's advice/family tradition/the way I was brought up, saying that I'm not that kind of person), but right now I'm really questioning my true values..

That, and turns out that this uni ditches almost completly history/culture on language studies in huge favour of knowing the language as good as possible.. which is fine and all, but I'd say that studying a language of foreign people should come with the right knowledge about their heritage. Guess I've always been too much history oriented, ugh.

It's not like I'm gonna drop out today anyway, gonna do half of year and then think this through again.. it's just that something I've worked on so much feels like torture now.

On a side note, it's amazing when you realize that you've been mispronouncing a word for your entire life.

Anyway, gonna post a song to make this a bit less of "Galich's very own uni shock complaint"

Here.

My apologies for this post, but I feel like I need to complain a bit.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:41PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Hey, welcome to the real world @Galich.
What did you even expect ?

Agreed on your point, that having a job you like is better than having a job you do only to get money though.
Turned out I was fond of finance and banks, and that's what I'm planning to do in the future; so I'll get the fun AND the money (and maybe starve and rip off populations like some eminent bankers did, if it's lucrative).

preparing to be insulted

Edit : Did @Miki remove all trace of posting here ? I hope everything is good for you; if you need someone to talk to, remember that you're free to contact me on Steam. Good continuation, and good luck finding some entertaining cheap games (remember emulators are a good idea !).

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 3:32PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

There are still 2 posts as of this moment.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 3:39PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Agreed on your point, that having a job you like is better than having a job you do only to get money though.
Turned out I was fond of finance and banks, and that's what I'm planning to do in the future; so I'll get the fun AND the money (and maybe starve and rip off populations like some eminent bankers did, if it's lucrative)

I watched 30 Rock, I know how the business world works. You'll never rip me off.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich

Your big sister invites you to teleport yourself to her place, and join her for a tea party ^_^The room is overpowered with the scent of tea tree coming from a candle while I'm having a tea of linden flowers. Maybe this will make you look at the situation differently, in a more relaxed way^^

It's only the beginning of the school year and I think you should focus more on how to get the most of what the professors can offer you as knowledge. And let yourself truly acquaint with your colleagues even if they see the world differently^^
About the job and the money - I believe that what really matters is you and your happiness because life is too short ;)

And I was so happy when I read about that girl who you had made friends with...

haha, your new avatar - it just smells of drama xD while Utoptia's darkness suits the his evil intentions to enslave the world...

and talking about ships.. I've always thought that you two would get on well ;)

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

As I sit here surfing this website, I think to myself "Y'know, I'm probably the only trucker in North America whiling away his off-duty time at a truckstop reading yuri."

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Vankomycin

How can you be so sure...? ;)
Maybe we're all truckers in disguise (¬‿¬)

Anyway, welcome to this thread! ヾ(^∇^)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So apparently the person isn't banned yet, but at least ANN actually has competent mods compared to most other sites.

That aside, here's a random song for everyone! ^ O ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wg9ryK-jJU

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So apparently the person isn't banned yet, but at least ANN actually has competent mods compared to most other sites.

Oh, ow!

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Here's a song from me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw

Wow, you're very talented.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Oh, ow!

Dyansty has competent mods too ^ _ ^

But really, most sites I've visited in the past have terrible mods, so ANN having some that actually does things surprises me.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hey, welcome to the real world @Galich.
What did you even expect ?

Turned out I was fond of finance and banks, and that's what I'm planning to do in the future; so I'll get the fun AND the money (and maybe starve and rip off populations like some eminent bankers did, if it's lucrative).

preparing to be insulted

@Utoptia Wouldn't really say that people acting like jerks is connected to the real world. After all, people can be jerks to you everywhere, not only in real life. I'm guessing that expecting basic decency from people is old fashioned.. well, not gonna go into the nostalgia mode, it was always like that.

Sounds like another day at the office then. Cannot really see others attacking you here (maybe I've just jinxed it), since it's getting on the bandwagon.

@Blackkitty

@Galich

Your big sister invites you to teleport yourself to her place, and join her for a tea party ^_^The room is overpowered with the scent of tea tree coming from a candle while I'm having a tea of linden flowers. Maybe this will make you look at the situation differently, in a more relaxed way^^

I'll gladly take that invite sis ^.^ Plus, tea is so nice.. and its scent.. Guess not many have been inviting me to such calming environment.

It's only the beginning of the school year and I think you should focus more on how to get the most of what the professors can offer you as knowledge. And let yourself truly acquaint with your colleagues even if they see the world differently^^

Well, been trying to get the most of out the professors.. but the breaks between the lectures.. I mean sure, been a few people that I was able to find a commong language with.

About the job and the money - I believe that what really matters is you and your happiness because life is too short ;)

Well.. so am I thinking I guess.. just, with such attitude towards values I really need to reconsider what would bring me more happiness.

And I was so happy when I read about that girl who you had made friends with...

Well.. we get along well.. had a quarrel today tho.. then again, she has a bit of a stressful situation now. On a positive note, her attitude towards my.. self is probably the best I've ever met with in real life.

haha, your new avatar - it just smells of drama xD while Utoptia's darkness suits the his evil intentions to enslave the world...

Thanks! As this one quote says, trouble is my business. That, and drama.

Yup, it goes really well with his whole banking scheme.

and talking about ships.. I've always thought that you two would get on well ;)

Always surprises me to see so many people shipping me with others.. I do not think that anyone's shipped me with Utoptia yet.

As I sit here surfing this website, I think to myself "Y'know, I'm probably the only trucker in North America whiling away his off-duty time at a truckstop reading yuri."

No bad time and place for it :P Heard about plenty of different situations to do so. Wanted to browse it on the uni net but you need to log in with your own account and it traces sites visited.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 7:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.