Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Triggered.
I will troll by pulling the "don't judge a book by its cover" card.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Ikr dawg. Such triggering, much raeg :p Also what you said really fits your avatar :p

But nah, just ticked off that idiots that think anyone under the LGBT spectrum are "deluded" still exists. Still, worth is in the eyes of the beholder, maybe Galich has some nefarious evil scheme involving gates that requires her to manipulate those "friends" to do it, hence why she is keeping them around.

There's a reference in both of my posts, a free cookie will be given to anyone who gets them ^ _ ^

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 5:27AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm in love with my current avi, you can feel the almighty and authority vibe it gives to my post. The dictator of Dynasty made his first appearance.

I'm so full of sapphic love from the Handmaiden which I finally got to watch that I couldn't eat another bite of any piece of food, so I'll pass for the free cookie. (though it might be the lurking fish god thing, it probably isn't from an anime I've seen, since we seem to have different taste in the subject, Overlord aside).

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Galich is a "she". Or this is at least how she wants to be adressed to.
Save the "him" for me. (Edit : nevermind)

Edit² : Hoora, 400th post.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 9:48PM

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Bless you Nezsenpai! >//w//< I'm loving the list

Do keep in mind that this is geared to my taste, so there may be stuff you like that I didn't include. But for a starter, I'm guessing that 662 chapters and 64 groupings will keep you busy for a couple of days.

Ahaha indeed they will, I found some very lovely and cute stuff I haven't seen before even after being on dynasty for over 2 years and so far I love everything on this list!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I'm in love with my current avi, you can feel the almighty and authority vibe it gives to my post. The dictator of Dynasty made his first appearance.

Indeed it does feel imposing :p

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Galich is a "she". Or this is at least how she wants to be adressed to.
Save the "him" for me.

I don't know what you're talking about ;) I just woke up and I mistyped, sorry XD

Also, today just got so much better, a YT video that I've waited so long for is finally here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARrBh8bpIQ

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 5:25AM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Its not as good as the "Not giving a fuck" vibe my avi gives off (◕‿◕)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Mine has bread, and is therefore superior.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I don't see the problem of abandoning your "friends" if they don't even accept who you are, abandonment is only the least of things you could do to them; like burning their bodies to crisp with an exquisitely sadistic charter, or sacrificing them to a misunderstood lurking fish god.

@Rina
That's a reference to Carmilla, Right?

I wouldn't go that far to lose friendships over disagreements. I mean some of my friends dislike gay marriage and strongly opposite its legalization. I hate that they like like that. I guess I'm deluded to think that I can change their minds. Most of the time we never bring it up and talk about so we focus on the thinks we all enjoy and have fun.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Z-Long gets a cookie* ^ O ^

And I guess it's just me, but saying something like "you're just deluded for thinking you're trans" to a friend that you've known for years and asking them to see a psychologist is tantamount to betrayal; personally I don't think I can easily 'return to being friends' and treat it as though nothing happened, I'll just distance myself away from these ppl if not outright forget about them.

* - They're all references to Carmilla S1 - S3; "Burning to crisps with an exquisitely sadistic charter" refers to Vodernburg dying at the end of S2, Fish god is Lophii from S1/2, and the last post refers to the Gates that The Dean are currently trying to open in S3.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 10:25PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ Z-Long gets a cookie ^ O ^

And I guess it's just me, but saying something like "you're just deluded for thinking you're trans" to a friend that you've known for years and asking them to see a psychologist is tantamount to betrayal; personally I don't think I can easily 'return to being friends' and treat it as though nothing happen, I'll just distance myself away from these ppl if not outright forget about them.

Yeah, that's a "take a break from being friends" moment, if they're not able to understand that they're being disrespectful at minimum. Stuff like that and misgendering are things that hit at a very sensitive point, and can destroy self-confidence.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Mine has bread, and is therefore superior.

YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, BREAD !

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 7:28AM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Tbh that actually sounds rather adorable than annoying ^ ^" don't think I could offer much advice on the matter

@Rina
How on earth does that sound adorable?!

I'm so sorry... :( I know that kind of people very well... we had almost the same case in our group, that impertinent girl took advantage of the kindness of others and actually managed to graduate. She was insolent enough to even offer money once if someone agreed to make her project, which is insulting and unfair.
I woder what such people are doing in Uni if they are not interested in studying...
Be strong!

@Blackkitty
She is smart (I mean, smart is such a relative word it doesn't mean much anymore), she just is a whiny baby who never owns up to anything and makes excuses. When someone else knows how to solve a problem, she goes "Must be nice to [insert reason why they know]..." Today all the physics students went on a hiking trip and she is the president of the group. One dude was running late and she refused to call him and we're all sick of her shit and like COME ON JUST FUCKING CALL HIM YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS ORGANIZATION TAKE THE INITIATIVE.
I'm trying my best to be strong but I did wonder about jumping off the cliff a couple times while hiking.

@Alvis Sucks to hear that.. it's all about those people that don't know what they're doing at the uni.. I'd say that acting a bit colder yet polite would be a good course of action. Then again, I can imagine someone tearing up to be quite hard to ignore.

@Galich
I think me raising my voice at her in lab might've solved my own problems. Like it was harsh...but it needed to be done and I could've done so much worse.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I still don't really see how this person is that bad, if anything her actions just sound rather amusing to me, if not endearing to a point.

Actually, now that you mention that she's also a club president, this person you're talking about reminds me so much of a character from GF Kari who has almost the exact same traits and is the president of the student council club in the anime; which explains why I find the actions you're describing adorable lol, since I loved the aforementioned character.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich
Did you tell your friends that what they said saddened you, or how much you dislike hearing that from them? Oh, btw, what are your friends' genders?

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 6:46AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^ I still don't really see how this person is that bad, if anything her actions just sound rather amusing to me, if not endearing to a point.

Actually, now that you mention that she's also a club president, this person you're talking about reminds me so much of a character from GF Kari who has almost the exact same traits and is the president of the student council club in the anime; which explains why I find the actions you're describing adorable lol, since I loved the aforementioned character.

It may be cute on the paper, but I'd go crazy if I had to face such an annoying and immature person. I'd have told her to go stab or hang herself, and I wouldn't have been as magnanimous as Alvis. (.. I wouldn't have been this violent but tha's the idea).

She is smart (I mean, smart is such a relative word it doesn't mean much anymore), she just is a whiny baby who never owns up to anything and makes excuses. When someone else knows how to solve a problem, she goes "Must be nice to [insert reason why they know]..." Today all the physics students went on a hiking trip and she is the president of the group. One dude was running late and she refused to call him and we're all sick of her shit and like COME ON JUST FUCKING CALL HIM YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS ORGANIZATION TAKE THE INITIATIVE.
I'm trying my best to be strong but I did wonder about jumping off the cliff a couple times while hiking.

Even more if she is smart and globally hated moreover. She has to understand that she's passed the age where she can behave like a brat; and has to act like an adult (or to at least try).
How did she become the president though ? I'm kinda curious. Was clearly not a good decision.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

I wish one day I wasn't a lazy fudge who can actually read all this random stuff coming up,

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Has anyone here ever watched or read Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai? If so, then have you ever considered shipping any of the girls with each other and leaving Keima all alone? :^|

(<--Has nothing to talk about so is just making random stuff)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Long reply incoming, take cover!

@Galich

I don't see the problem of abandoning your "friends" if they don't even accept who you are, abandonment is only the least of things you could do to them; like burning their bodies to crisp with an exquisitely sadistic charter, or sacrificing them to a misunderstood lurking fish god.

There is no point keeping the company of narrow-minded idiots who can't extend their fish-like brains to comprehend that ppl are different. Oh and, very nice of them to say that you being trans is a "delusion", I'm sure they must be in a delusion as well of seeing themselves as being something higher than scums, why else would they think their opinion actually matter?

Then again, thank you for reminding me why I'm glad I've no friends, at least I won't have to deal with the typical "it's only a delusion" BS that every LGBT person gets in their lives. But really, if you actually feel some sort of sentiment for those so-called "friends", I feel sorry for you; clearly your heart is good but you're showing kindness to the wrong ppl.

@Rina Again, I really cannot see me abandoning my own friends. One may call it stockholm syndrome. It's not that they reject the concept of being transgender, in fact all of them do acknowledge it as a real thing. I'd say it's the denial of me being one of them. From what I've noticed, it was the people that I knew for 4 - 6 years that were the least tolerant, and all of them are what I used to consider "liberal".

Next to the delusion is "just a phase", "you'll get over it", "you're not trans", "right, because transgender is an actual thing now" (to me saying that I can call myself trans even if I'm not transsexual), "you're a him to me until your body's changed", "would use the right pronouns but we'd both get beaten up on the streets" - the list goes on and on.

For the record, I was born with rather androgynous looks (arms, legs and hands really feminine, my build is rather feminine as well, then again I'm only 20, so it can change in a few years). The same is about my face, but tomboyish hair and beard mask it really well. Always had people tell me I have a feminine body. On the other side, I use masculine form verbs when reffering to self (Polish language works like that) and my clothes are what others might consider metrosexual.

But nah, just ticked off that idiots that think anyone under the LGBT spectrum are "deluded" still exists. Still, worth is in the eyes of the beholder, maybe Galich has some nefarious evil scheme involving gates that requires her to manipulate those "friends" to do it, hence why she is keeping them around.

Sees fire in own soul Burn them.. sacrifice to the gods.. to the queerest of gods.. deus vult! (okay, that is a bit of confusing things)

I don't know what you're talking about ;) I just woke up and I mistyped, sorry XD

Don't worry about it! Made that mistake too many times when reffering to others :P

I wouldn't go that far to lose friendships over disagreements. I mean some of my friends dislike gay marriage and strongly opposite its legalization. I hate that they like like that. I guess I'm deluded to think that I can change their minds. Most of the time we never bring it up and talk about so we focus on the thinks we all enjoy and have fun.

@Z.Long Again, it's not the recognition of it per se, but the recognition of me being different. I don't plan on dropping any friendships as well, guess I'll start to be a bigger nazi when it comes to minor stuff in speech for starters.

Yeah, that's a "take a break from being friends" moment, if they're not able to understand that they're being disrespectful at minimum. Stuff like that and misgendering are things that hit at a very sensitive point, and can destroy self-confidence.

@Nez (the tone of this part might sound a bit different from the rest) It is mostly due to me post discovery losing a huge part of my (now un)thick skin. I don't mind people misgendering me in public, but when in private, it really does seem like there's no excuse. And it's not due to laziness or being used to it, but they actually believe that I have no right to be called "her".

I'm guessing I'm partly at fault for it for just not bothering with such stuff, believing that since I don't plan on doing anything to my body anytime soon gendery dysphoria won't affect me. I was dead wrong.

It's not about respect, but feeling comfortable. I am mentally uncapable of thinking myself as of "him" at this moment, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I've tried taking a break, but I wasn't clear enough why I did so. As I mentioned before, it all boils down to "unless you get a surgery you're a guy to me".

@Galich
Did you tell your friends that what they said saddened you, or how much you dislike hearing that from them? Oh, btw, what are your friends' genders?

@olvier Yes, and yes. They chalk it up to my mental state being.. far from perfect (although I'll admit it that I have a few more problems that affect my mental state, none of which are connected to being transgender), not realizing that they make the situation worse. It always ends up with "don't be ridiculous", or just arguments. Even for people that legitimately acknowledge me as transgender, but refuse to change the naming. I really am confused why it's such a big deal for them.

From what I've noticed, girls are never a problem; they showed to be the most tolerant. Guys (which make more than half) are much worse tho, around 3 out of ~10 refuse to use the right forms.

In the end, I silently hope that the psychologist will end up fighting the dysphoria and not being transgender, but at this point I come to think of it as wishful thinking.

@Galich
I think me raising my voice at her in lab might've solved my own problems. Like it was harsh...but it needed to be done and I could've done so much worse.

@Alvis Well, if she's smart enough to realize what she's actually doing, then I'd say that being harsh is more than justified.

Then again, being harsh in general to people that act bad and think you approve of it is justified (I know that this part of the message sounds hypocritical when viewed with the rest of the message, my apologies).

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 7:51AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich

So I think.. but in all honesty, everything just seems to be so badly timed.. a survival, yes, but feeling like a one with half of her body blown off :P

Thanks older sister ^.^ Your onee-chan powers help more than one might think! Really glad to have such a cool sister!

For a person with half of her body blown away you are quite successful in making me blush... you definitely have enough of you left to be yourself again ;)
Tomorrow is a new week, hopefully a better one :)

ohh, me too! I'm very happy that I know you even if it's only in the realm of virtual space - I think you are a good person^^ and you are adorable as a sister... my brother has never called me cool, he thinks I'm weird and clumsy, and I have no arguments to refute that really xD

last edited at Oct 9, 2016 7:53AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Alvis

She is smart (I mean, smart is such a relative word it doesn't mean much anymore), she just is a whiny baby who never owns up to anything and makes excuses...

She obviously needs to grow up but still... I think she would've made me a little furious^^

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Rina Again, I really cannot see me abandoning my own friends. One may call it stockholm syndrome. It's not that they reject the concept of being transgender, in fact all of them do acknowledge it as a real thing. I'd say it's the denial of me being one of them. From what I've noticed, it was the people that I knew for 4 - 6 years that were the least tolerant, and all of them are what I used to consider "liberal".

sigh I guess I can't convince you otherwise anyways, just don't let them get to you too much.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich

So I think.. but in all honesty, everything just seems to be so badly timed.. a survival, yes, but feeling like a one with half of her body blown off :P

Thanks older sister ^.^ Your onee-chan powers help more than one might think! Really glad to have such a cool sister!

For a person with half of her body blown away you are quite successful in making me blush... you definitely have enough of you left to be yourself again ;)
Tomorrow is a new week, hopefully a better one :)

ohh, me too! I'm very happy that I know you even if it's only in the realm of virtual space - I think you are a good person^^ and you are adorable as a sister... my brother has never called me cool, he thinks I'm weird and clumsy, and I have no arguments to refute that really xD

@Onee-chan Glad to hear I'm still able to make someone blush :P Although to be fair, your comment made me blush as well..

So I think. We'll see how the next week turns out. Hopefully it will be better. At the very least I won't be diving into the unknown.

That's one of nicest things I've heard from others, thank you so much ^.^ I'm still voting that you're cuter tho!

Well.. we're all pretty strange here.. and the clumsy part is cute. So you're both cute and cool, lucky you! He's really lucky to have such a relative!

sigh I guess I can't convince you otherwise anyways, just don't let them get to you too much.

@Rina I know I can be pretty stubborn at times.. anyway, thanks for the advice! Not rejecting it, I just don't think it's the time yet. Then again, the idea of reductions in that department do sound more attractive now than they used to.

Will try my best! After all, can't lose my head completly over people being ignorant and/or misinformed.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Personally, I do not think that girl deserves all this hatred. Alvis could stop helping her if Alvis does not feel like doing it.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Utoptia said:

It was a joke, mister K Peta's works are .. specials.

They certainly are.

If you're looking for good NSFW yuri here, I strongly recommend you the following manga :

Edit : Agreed, Nez's list is relevant and complete too. The ones above are really good and worth-reading though.

Thanks for the recommendation. Something to do at my next stop!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've tried taking a break, but I wasn't clear enough why I did so. As I mentioned before, it all boils down to "unless you get a surgery you're a guy to me".

Yeah, if they're that insistent about it, it's time to cut ties. You've got to prioritize self-care with things like this.

They chalk it up to my mental state being.. far from perfect (although I'll admit it that I have a few more problems that affect my mental state, none of which are connected to being transgender), not realizing that they make the situation worse. It always ends up with "don't be ridiculous", or just arguments. Even for people that legitimately acknowledge me as transgender, but refuse to change the naming. I really am confused why it's such a big deal for them.

Something interesting here is that a lot of trans people I've known, when they start acting on their dysphoria issues (even just making the concrete step of seeing someone about it), their other issues become easier to deal with. I believe this is because it makes "room" for these things to happen.

A friend on anti-depressants explained recently that her meds don't "make her happy" even though she was more often happy when taking them. What they did was take away things preventing her from being happy. Like it took out the limiters, then she could do things without them in the way. For a lot of people it's similar when you start dealing with dysphoria, you're clearing away a lot of the stuff that makes it hard to see the other issues clearly and deal with them. One thing relates to another, and so forth.

From what I've noticed, girls are never a problem; they showed to be the most tolerant. Guys (which make more than half) are much worse tho, around 3 out of ~10 refuse to use the right forms.

A lot of guys have a very fragile concept of masculinity, and feel like acknowledging stuff like this puts the structures they rely on at risk. Plus, as I mentioned today in another discussion, there's a strong, often among males but not limited to them, tendency to devalue "mental" issues. "Reals before feels", "It's all in your head" and so forth. That probably plays a role here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.