Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ OriginalGengar

Howdy DJ! ヾ(^∇^)
Just wanted to say thank you for all the links yesterday!
Really enjoyed them all!
It's not the kind of music I usually listen to but it perfectly fit my mood last night.
Loved it! ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡

Wynonna Earp... I'm gonna give it a try as well...
Finished Fear the Walking Dead last night. Gotta say I didn't like that show much but those last few episodes were pretty good. Not great still, but decent. Hope the third season will head in the same direction...

@ Blackkitty

I've just happened to watch the French movie "Indigo Mood" with Audrey Tautou. A very interesting one, I would say and I did enjoyed the stop-motion effects. It was something different from what I'm used to watching^^

Never heard of that one before...
But if you're in the mood for a fun and good movie I might have a recommendation for you...
Do you know “Hedwig and the Angry Inch”?
I love that one very much. Holds a special place in my heart.
I have a feeling you could like it as well...

@ Galich

Sounds like it was a messy first day... Hope today was a little better.

It was the same for me when I entered High School and later on College. Everyone seemed to have gone there with a friend or two and I didn't know anyone. After a few days you usually find some people with similar interests to hang out with. I'm sure you will too.

@ PKMN Ranger

What's everyone else up to?

Now that I'm done for today I'm getting ready to start the next TV show on my list ٩(。•ω•。)و

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I'm really not fond of anime like LL,

I wonder, What are your tastes when It comes to anime ? What genre's do you like and dislike ?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
I don't have a particular genre I like, though I really love what you'd call deep and mature anime. On the other hand, musical, comedy, teeny, idol and high-school slice of life anime really leave me indifferent, things such as LL for example.

Well.. not gonna lie, two people seemed to have disagreed.. then again, I dont keep any contact with either one of them anymore.. but hey, there;s always the people that still stick with me at this point.

Galich

Just bumped into that post; I feel bad for the people you mentioned !
I really wish you to have fun at your uni, though I'm not sure that cuting tie with people who disagree with you is the best way to make plenty of friends ^^. That said, knowing you, I'm sure you'll find some great persons, some John or Jane k Doe. 55k is huge. read this like rap music Galich's gonna get tons of good marks and hoes !

Yeah, I always prefered Mortal Kombat to Street Fighter cause it's less focused on the mechanical skill. Trying to master C. Viper as my first character in SF4 didn't help. Probably should have chosen someone who isn't one of the hardest characters execution AND playstyle wise to start off.

Gengar

Yeah, the mecanics, especially on USF4 are insane, but it will come with practice. C Viper, inspite of being really neat, is hard to play, I can't disagree. I've a friend who's ranked 4th best Vega in my country (France) and he teaches me the basis. The only way to get better is to spend hours improving your execution of combos in training mode. But improving really is fun, and the more you get better, the more you feel proud of yourself. Ryu, E.Honda, Chun-Li or even Gouken are good characters to start with, since they're not that hard to play. Though it really depends on the controller you're using; it's nearly impossible to play char who require to do 720 with a XBOX controller.

Edit : Here's a song from the trendiest french group at the moment, PNL. Can't link it here, but I recommend listening "PNL - Humain" on Deezer too.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 3:27PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

@Anon
Glad to hear that. Always nice to spread some of my favorite music.

@Utopia
Did acually play SF4 with a fighting pad. C. Vipers BnBs having like 20 cancels in them and her being super reliant on good spacing still was too much for me though. And I was still playing Dota at the time I was playing SF so I wasn't really open to another game that requires life commitment to git gud at.

Can't listen to the song you listed right now but everytime someone mentions french music I always think of Sayan Super Crew

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 3:34PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I got reminded by yt about pretty good video about hype (which at best only Rina will find interesting enough to watch).

You called it :D

Although, I don't really find the video to be very engaging, and the structure of the video doesn't really leads properly up to the conclusion that "hype isn't bad because there is a community behind it" given that most of the video was focused on how "hype" is causing ppl to move at a faster viewing pace per season while overlooking other successful anime.

Also the video felt really 'dull' for some reason, it lacks the "soul" compared to videos from other reviewers like Digibro or Glass Reflection (Arkada), and feels like a script than someone actually addressing an audience.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Due to that, first class saw only two students, Galich included.

What a nice setting! :D Did you guys talk to each other?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

But I still enjoyed it very much. It gets you hooked. That show is so fast paced that you never get bored and most actors are really great, especially Viola Davis. I love her!

yeey! that's great news! And yes - Viola is stunning ^^ there are just very few series that have made me binge watch them - among them are this one and Sense8 (so give it a try)... and for the rest of the shows - most of the time I lose interest in the middle or even earlier...xD

Yeah, me too (^___^)b
After Game of Thrones I saw Jessica Jones and Transparent S2 then Stranger Things, The Night of, BrainDead and How to get away with Murder S2....

hah, you are supersonic.. you beat me.. I usually fall asleep 1-2 episodes xD so my list of titles is far more modest..

I've seen a few episodes of Black Box... seemed okay but didn't really catch my interest...
If you wanna see Kelly Reilly again you should watch Eden Lake... O__O Very dark movie ^^

the majority of viewers don't like it ^^
I'm in the mood to experiment with different genres so I will check it out. Thank you!

Never heard of that one before...
But if you're in the mood for a fun and good movie I might have a recommendation for you...
Do you know “Hedwig and the Angry Inch”?
I love that one very much. Holds a special place in my heart.
I have a feeling you could like it as well...

there are older versions of the movie under different names...
no, I haven't heard of it before, but now I have a reason to get to know it^^ Thanks again!

Why didn't you go???
My 3 favorites in one room?
I would have gone for sure! ٩(。•ω•。)و

oh.. I've heard about the show too late - only the worst places were available.. and it would've been annoying if some industrious camera man had been to block my view.. plus, no one of my few friends would've come with me... leaving me alone in the crowd.

..my 2 favorites <3, I don't know about Selby... he is currently number one in the ranking system, but when I saw his playing in the final of China Open - he wasn't playing his game, but some unusual offensive snooker, and his accuracy was low...so he let Ding Junghui beat him. And Junghui usually thinks just a couple of moves ahead..

Shouldn't complain. Could always be worse. So I'm grateful for what I have ^^

there will be better times for you, I'm sure ;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Go and watch Hedwig!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW6FBEuKiE
Just seeing that clip makes me wanna watch it again right now ^^
It's so great!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Go and watch Hedwig!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlW6FBEuKiE
Just seeing that clip makes me wanna watch it again right now ^^
It's so great!

I'm at your command... Ojou-sama..
it does seem intriguing^^

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 4:24PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Good! (◦’ںˉ◦)b
That's how I like my servants! ;)

It definitely is worth a watch... My favorite queer movie.
His voice gives me goosebumps time and time again... John Cameron Mitchell is so lovely!

@ PKMN Ranger

✌(◕‿-)✌

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I think this site should have an entire thread dedicated to shipping forum members together ;).

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Literally all those things you mentioned are my kind of anime. :P

I'm a casual watcher of anime, I don't watch anything that requires too much thinking on my part or goes longer than the standard 12 episode format ...

I'm on the same boat with this accidentally removed post by PKMN.

I mean if you look at my top 9 anime* picture (which tbh I really doubt anyone did lol), most of the stuff on there are anime that doesn't really require much thinking to actually enjoy. And personally, I find most "deep and mature" anime to be dull at best - I don't really see the value in watching anime for exploring the darkness of the world and the human mind when I already know all of that.

I think there is more value in anime that at first glance wouldn't provide much character development but actually does deliver on that aspect, ie, Ange Vierge from last season which I consistently praised for the characterization and how every arc made it's focal character(s) relatable on a certain level; it wasn't thought-provokingly philosophical or "deep", but there is that quality in it's storyline and characterization that emotionally resonated with me which I why I enjoyed it.

Or, for an older example, Hidan no Aria AA from last year which I ranked as my crown AoTY, just because of how it developed every character and showed their relationship as friends blossoming, with a dash of a meaningful yuri relationship that had characters that really complemented eachother's personality and setbacks to a point where they basically complete eachother, and a more comical yuri love-triangle that was rather endearing and funny although faltering in a way.

Again, more shameless advertising, if anyone doesn't care about spoilers about the anime I mentioned, you can read my posts here and also here respectively ^ _ ^

* from left to right:
1st row: Overlord, Blade and Soul, Girl Friend Beta
2nd row: Gatchaman Crowds, Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku, Vividred Operation
3rd row: Hidan no Aria AA, Locodol, Mahouka

Edit: added the list/pic here on this post for Miki, and anyone else that wants to view it ^ _ ^

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 5:18PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Good! (◦’ںˉ◦)b

His voice gives me goosebumps time and time again... John Cameron Mitchell is so lovely!

Mission accomplished! ;)
Your feeling was right...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Started watching Wynonna Earp and it kinda ranges from ehhh over funny bad to pretty entertaining. The one liners also follow that spectrum. "We're gonna get you." " 'We'? Maybe. You? Not looking good." is one of the best one liners I heard in a while but there are a lot of cringy ones too. Like, a lot.
Just got to where all shipping started though and that scene was actually really fun to watch. Heard the show gets better with pretty much every episode so it might become a kinda good show, I guess.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Woohoo, another "woken-up-late-at-night- post.

I think this site should have an entire thread dedicated to shipping forum members together ;).

I keep getting slashed with different users, heard at least 4 slashings with me.. and yes, it confuses me a lot.

@Anon99 Talked with plenty of people around, and honestly my opinion of them has just decreased. Most of them seem to be there just for the money, and thinking that the best way of not getting removed from the uni is to act like complete jerkasses and not help others. Then again, will wait more to fully judge, as everyone right now uses a "facade" to cover their real intentions.

Worst case scenario I'll switch to Japanese after this year. Or so I keep telling myself.

@Utoptia Well, I don't mind people with different opinions, but the ethics of people from my degree (or if one disagrees with this word existing)/attitude seems awfully selfish. Then again, I do like the degree itself, and I still have hopes that I'll find the right group to fit to.

Used to believe that discharding people due to their different opinions was a good idea, but then I've noticed by how much my list of people that I talk to has shrinked. I still believe that I noticed it too late.

Also, only thing I saw from the last message was the beginning with "not sure if you'll be able to read it". If it's anything personal, I'd much rather have it you send me through some private chat. The entire thing has just confused me o.o, guess I was a bit sluggish with the invites..

@oliver Sadly, no. She seemed to be much more interested in her mobile phone than talking with others. With everyone included, my group has 28 members. Not that much.

tl;dr; Disappointed at people, the degree is cool tho., kind of romancing with the idea of switching to Japanese next year.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 9:17PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

started playing fate/grand order Carmilla was the first character I got, the yuri goddess has smiled upon me

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 12:47AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Good! (◦’ںˉ◦)b

Mission accomplished! ;)
Your feeling was right...

For real? O_O
You watched it? (๑°o°๑)

AWESOME!!! (ˆ⌣ˆ)/

So... you liked it? Well, of course you liked it, it's a great movie after all ;)
I mean, how could you not, right? (◦’ںˉ◦)

Then we practically watched it at the same time because after I disappeared here I grabbed my DVD and watched it again as well ^^

Bittersweet 90 minutes... I love it's humor... First it makes you laugh and then you go all "Awww...." and you're so touched ^^

Which song did you like best?

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 4:57AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Most of them seem to be there just for the money, and thinking that the best way of not getting removed from the uni is to act like complete jerkasses and not help others.

I don't get this whole thing. ???

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The more I see ppl whine about female gender-locked classes in TERA, the more I think these are probably the same lackwits that got Scarlet Blade to add a male class for no apparent reason; but aw well, the latter is closed down now. I really hope the developers for TERA doesn't give a damn about these whiners and keep making female gender-locked classes.

Oh and, playing a class as a female is terrible, but playing a class as a talking animal is A-Okay, because being a Furry is perfectly normal in every society. No but really, unless someone is like 40+ ish old and feels wrong playing as a girl (though I question why would they even play TERA in this case) or dislikes the female outfits and what not, I honestly don't find any valid reason for not enjoying the gender-locked classes.

On a side note, I saw the Ghostbusters reboot and...that was actually an enjoyable movie, there wasn't a single moment where I felt like I'm not having fun; it was funny, and the plot was easy to follow. But, as expected, the IMDB board for it is like going to the Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Edit - Some relevant videos regarding the Ghostbusters Remake.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 8:49AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wasn't the whole TERA shtick that you can play as loli? Why people would be mad about it o.o?

Though I kinda understand where they come from, if that is the source of the problem. The same way we like to make our perfect character in mmorpgs, guys also probably want to be able to make theirs, and if the class they want to play is locked to one gender it can feel annoying. Then again most guys make female characters anyway...

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 9:52AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

@Utoptia Well, I don't mind people with different opinions, but the ethics of people from my degree (or if one disagrees with this word existing)/attitude seems awfully selfish. Then again, I do like the degree itself, and I still have hopes that I'll find the right group to fit to.

Used to believe that discharding people due to their different opinions was a good idea, but then I've noticed by how much my list of people that I talk to has shrinked. I still believe that I noticed it too late.

Also, only thing I saw from the last message was the beginning with "not sure if you'll be able to read it". If it's anything personal, I'd much rather have it you send me through some private chat. The entire thing has just confused me o.o, guess I was a bit sluggish with the invites..

Good thing that you like the degree :)
From the moment when you "discard" people, it's only natural that your so-called list of people you talk to will shrink. You're a bit too cynical and harsh toward yourself though ;)
Last message ? I think I didn't get that part. Woken up-at-night-messages have their part of mystery I guess.

Then again most guys make female characters anyway...

It might be accurate, but it really doesn't apply to every guy. I've played tons of MMORPG, and I can tell you that I never made any female character. (Well, I don't even make humans when you can choose the race of your character ..)

Literally all those things you mentioned are my kind of anime. :P
I'm a casual watcher of anime, I don't watch anything that requires too much thinking on my part or goes longer than the standard 12 episode format

@Miki

Yeah, I get you. I myself am not too fond of series with too much episode. 50 is usually a maximum for me.
To each their own. I like the reflexion I'll have after watching something "deep"; well I also watch plenty of fluffly and simple anime which are equally good ! Just like the recently-watched Michiko to Hatchin.

@Utopia
Did acually play SF4 with a fighting pad. C. Vipers BnBs having like 20 cancels in them and her being super reliant on good spacing still was too much for me though. And I was still playing Dota at the time I was playing SF so I wasn't really open to another game that requires life commitment to git gud at.

@Gengar

I must admit SF requires a lot of training to be good. Regardless the character you play with, learning mecanics like focus cancel, cross-up, zoning, BnB is mandatory. In addition, you also have to master what people call yomi (reading and anticipating your opponent's move) so yeah, this game is hard. Which fightpad did/do you use by the way ?

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 10:22AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Utoptia posted:

Then again most guys make female characters anyway...

It might be accurate, but it really doesn't apply to every guy. I've played tons of MMORPG, and I can tell you that I never made any female character. (Well, I don't even make humans when you can choose the race of your character ..)

That is why I said most ;P

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

For real? O_O
You watched it? (๑°o°๑)

AWESOME!!! (ˆ⌣ˆ)/

hahah, why are you so surprised? I hinted at you that I was going to watch it ;)
shame on you! if we are to be shipped together, you should know better xD otherwise no shipyard for you! xD

So... you liked it? Well, of course you liked it, it's a great movie after all ;)
I mean, how could you not, right? (◦’ںˉ◦)

I loved it since the beginning! Actually, the movie has the best opening ever! And it overwhelmed me, when it ended I wasn't able to comment on it because I needed time... what to say, the spiral of Headwig's emotional universe compressed in 90 min :)

Then we practically watched it at the same time because after I disappeared here I grabbed my DVD and watched it again as well ^^

o.O now I'm surprised! It took me more then 90 min... I'm certain I've played most of the songs at least 2 times xD

Bittersweet 90 minutes... I love it's humor... First it makes you laugh and then you go all "Awww...." and you're so touched ^^

yes, the humor... but it's much more than that! walls, bridges, love, cynicism, metaphors, parallels,philosophy, and Headwig - he is who he is - one whole thing

Which song did you like best?

Difficult question, I like all of them ;)
But if I have to pick, my favorites are: "The Origin of Love" (beautiful, sad, meaningful and that lovely animation! ) and then "This Wicked Little Town" and "Tear me".

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@PKMN Ranger

I'm happy for you! hugs It's always great to have someone to talk to about what interests you most! Even better if she is your close friend :)

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 11:46AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The job centre making me go in on my birthday ;_;

Crime against humanity ;_;

To reply you must either login or sign up.