Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ PKMN Ranger

You remember the time I had a falling out with my friend? Well, we're talking again. I sent her a message over Twitter a month ago and asked why she stopped talking to me. I can't remember what she said word-for-word (and I didn't keep the messages) but I recall her mentioning something about anxiety. She did seem to genuinely feel bad about everything.

That's great! (⌒‿⌒)b
Good that you two made up!
It's always really sad when a friendship ends like that... So I'm glad that you were able to talk again. ^^

@ Blackkitty

I like your taste, babe! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥
;)

hahah, why are you so surprised? I hinted at you that I was going to watch it ;)

Because usually people say "Yeah, sure, I'll watch it“ and then they never do T_T
It's nice to hear you're not one of those ^^

shame on you! if we are to be shipped together, you should know better xD otherwise no shipyard for you! xD

But we're still at the stage where we're getting to know each other (◦’ںˉ◦)
(^3^)

I loved it since the beginning! Actually, the movie has the best opening ever! And it overwhelmed me

YAY!!! (◕ฺv◕ฺ)
It's good to spread the love ^^ A friend introduced it to me and I felt the same back then. Production-wise it's certainly not the greatest movie ever made but it's just so lovely and so emotional!!! ^^ You can't escape those damn feels! They haunt you. ;)
Most movies don't manage to hit so hard. That's why I love it sooo much!

There are quite a few gay movies out there by now but I still prefer this one over any lesbian flick because it's just so touching...

Difficult question, I like all of them ;)
But if I have to pick, my favorites are: "The Origin of Love" (beautiful, sad, meaningful and that lovely animation! ) and then "This Wicked Little Town" and "Tear me".

I love 'em all as well! That's why I got the soundtrack d (^‿^✿)

I like those 3 best:
Origin of Love (of course! Best song about love ever made! ^^)
Wicked little Town
and the ending song Midnight Radio (it's so good...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWcPAEpuq4

And whenever I need something to cheer me up I like to listen to
Sugar Daddy or Wig in a Box.

And you know how you can make it even better?
You have to listen to those songs really really loud! ^^b
Turn up the volume to max! ;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ CCL

The job centre making me go in on my birthday ;_;

Crime against humanity ;_;

So... next Monday then...? ^^

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 12:06PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Which fightpad did/do you use by the way ?

FightStick PRO Tournament Edition. The Joystick Square was like _| instead of \/ though, so that was super annoying. I hope you know Fighting Pads, otherwise that really won't make sense.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Oh, you have a joystick. I'm used to controller that's why I use the hori fighting commander instead of an arcade-like fightpad. I'd still choose a hori over a madcatz, but it's a matter of preference.
I'm not too familiar with signs such as "V" or "_|" so correct me if I'm wrong, but does it stand for octogon and square gate. If yes, can't tell which one is for the square one and vice versa. Though, I prefere square over octogon gate.

Edit @Miki

The longest anime series I've watched were The Idolmaster (plus Cinderella Girls) as well as Your Lie in April.
Semi-related, but there's only one anime I stopped watching halfway through and it was Akame ga Kill! I feel indifferent towards that series.

Strangely enough, I did hate Kimi no uso. what a heartless bastard !
Akame ga Kill was ok-ish. There aren't many anime I've dropped. As far as can remember, the only series I stopped watching are Appleseed XIII (because the animation made my eyes bleed) and Blood+ (though I finished the latter months afterward). If you like fluffy, adorable,short, beautiful and diabete-giver series, I recommend you Usagi Drop !
Just the anime, don't touch the manga.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 1:18PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I was talking about how the square is oriented on the Stick. Mine has its edges on the north-east, north-west etc but I would prefer the edges to be on the north, south, west and east.

And those are not signs, I made them up.

Also, wow, I stopped watching so many animes midway.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 1:19PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Nevri

I guess you're right about wanting to make the perfect character and how some guys or girls might prefer personally to play using a male avatar.

Wasn't the whole TERA shtick that you can play as loli? Why people would be mad about it o.o?

Tbh, it's not something exclusive to TERA, there's a loli-esque race in Granblue Fantasy for example, as well as the now closed down, Scarlet Blade (which is like, a lot more sexualized than TERA is).

Unfortunately, in some eyes of the Western community, the Elin race is seen as something made for ppl that get off child NSFW content; I mean, just search up "TERA Let's Play by TheLazyPeon" and see his reactions every time he sees an Elin NPC. On that note, don't bother with following through with those videos, it just devolves into obnoxious and incessant whining towards the end. Bear in mind, this is the same game where there is a literal talking animal race that I've no doubt certain ppl will get off on playing, but hey, wanting to play as an animal is "perfectly normal" but playing an Elin means you're into children...right...by their logic, that other race should be something that only Furries and ppl into NSFW warning Beastiality will enjoy playing.

Also, when we live in a world where it's "okay" for children between 12 - 15 to learn to dance like K-Pop idols, ie, sexually and like they're auditioning to be the next bar dancer when they grow up, somehow I don't think chasing after a game like TERA is where priorities should lie. Especially when the original outfits aren't even that bad compared to something like Scarlet Blade; I mean, there're only like some of the newer outfits that show a bit of panty shots, and that is outraging to ppl how? Like seriously, these ppl act like they've never seen a single anime before.

Similar train of thought but different topic, the entire "Kaiju Girls: Ultra Anthropomorphism Project" is also met with similar backlash from certain parts of the Ultra community, some of which are probably foaming at the mouth in rage IRL at the thought of their favorite Ultra monster being reimagined as a female drawing of all things. In truth though, the project is no different than something like KanColle where the ships from WWII are reimagined as "ship girls", heck the anime short airing this season itself states that these are just ordinary girls that inherited the powers of the Ultra Kaiju (ie, Zetton), much like how KanColle are girls with the spirits of the WWII ships except it makes so much more sense.

What's funnier is that the only Wikia where you'd think you'll find information on this since it is essentially a wikia on the Ultra franchise, is so apprehensive and incredulous over the idea of this project and tries to justify their hatred by pulling the "think about the children" card. Again, when we live in a world where there're countless of ways children can be exposed to content that seemingly promotes questionable behavior; ie, Western rap music and K-Pop, is a small project like this really that bad in the minds of these ppl? The pixiv submitted artwork isn't even as bad as they're making it out to be, just your general run-the-mill anime styled drawings with buxom designs; but for some reason, these ppl are treating it as if it's a big deal somehow.

If these ppl are like in their mid-30 -40s or something and watched the Ultra franchise as a child and/or have their own children that watche(s)/d it, then I can understand where they're coming from to some extent, I mean, I know my folks won't be particularly excited over the idea. But really, it's just an innocent little project supported by the original creators to try to promote the Ultra franchise to a wider demographic, nothing to get so up-in-arms over; some disapproval is fine, but saying that the entire project should be "killed" just because it goes against what they know is just plain silly if not downright immature.

Idk, maybe it's just I've been exposed to this medium of anime for so long, to the point where things like the Elin race in TERA or the Ultra Anthropomorphism Project just seems completely normal to me.

Leave it to me to write a long post again...that I doubt anyone except the person this is being addressed to will read...

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 12:55AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Also, when we live in a world where it's "okay" for children between 12 - 15 to learn to dance like K-Pop idols, ie, sexually and like they're auditioning to be the next bar dancer when they grow up, somehow I don't think chasing after a game like TERA is where priorities should lie

Relevant
I mean, only marginally relevant but I really wanna post the song.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That's basically a requirement for things that I watch nowadays XD

And yes, New Game was quite well-done as well, I never did read the manga but Hifumi is just <3

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Same here actually. I just prefer seeing girls more ^ ^" and yes, that is true ^ o ^

Still, there are some cases where there is yuri even in a non all-girl cast setting, like Qualidea Code which had a pairing from start to finish and ends happily. But yeah, generally I only watch anime with all-girl casts for yuri subtext which is usually present.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ PKMN Ranger

Has there ever been a discussion on how we all got into yuri? Because I really can't think of anything else to talk about right now.

Well... being gay did the trick for me, I guess ^^
So not exactly the most interesting story ;)

Edit
A while after I got into anime and manga I found some yuri titles and thought: „YES! Gotta get those!“ Girls love was rare, so I got excited ^^
The first manga with girls love I bought was Chirality. Didn't like it much but back then there wasn't really a lot here in Germany...

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 4:38PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

@Miki

There have been discussions like this several times. Here's my answer (which is more about sapphic love in general than the yuri specifically).
And how did you get into yuri yourself ? You might have told me once on Steam but I can't remember ^^.

Edit : Song of the moment : so fucking neat.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 4:41PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ The French music industry is pretty strict with copyright infringements, it seems...
Almost all videos you link are blocked here T_T

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I played Persona 4 Golden, thought there was something between Chie and Yukiko, went on Tumblr to look for stuff and everything spiraled from there. That was also around the time I started getting really into this "shipping" thing and started writing fanfiction on pretty much every pairing I could imagine.

I was already pretty down the shipping rabbit hole by the time I played Persona 4 and I jumped on Chie x Yukiko pretty quickly.

Really a huge lack of doujins for the two of them. There are good Rise x Naoto ones but Chie x Yukiko... I couldn't find any. Plenty of pictures though.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

My phone wallpaper has always (except for like 3 or so months last year) been something yuri related since like 2009 (kinda shocks me lol). It has always been a pairing I liked. The first one was either Hikari x Shirona or Hisa x Mihoko.

I do the same on my desktop, my tablet and my laptop. :P

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What really appeals to me about Yuri as a genre in particular compared to other girl x girl works from the west is that works in the Yuri genre often emphasize on the pure, light-hearted and fluffy aspect of love

Funnily enough, that's totally what drove me away from manga to more western stuff. All the fluffy stuff got pretty boring after a while to me. Now I prefer stuff like Wentworth or Orphan Black where the yuri is a pretty big part of the series, but not all there is to it.
Also Imagine Me & You and DEBS. When i feel like fluffy, I usually just rewatch those.

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Oi! (^_-)/

Just watched Wynonna Earp episode 1...
Not so sure about that one...
But I'm not giving up just yet ;)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

First episode definitely was the worst one. And I'm honestly not sure if I would watch the series if I didn't play some DS on the side. So yeah, there's a distinct possibility that you might not like it.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Okay, just finished episode 2 and it does seem to get better at least...
If you like - or can get used - to the comical, over the top style then this might be enjoyable...
Will watch some more tomorrow. That show doesn't take itself too seriously - and that might be good, because if it would I'd probably drop it ^^.
(That's because I can't take it seriously either) ;)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, it does have a certain B-movie feel to it.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Oliver

Ahh, I see. From what I've noticed, a lot of my friends have dropped out of college for a crush one or completely ignored their classes over a partner they've only known for less than 6 months. Then when they've broken up they realize they want to go back to college but can't afford it anymore and are stuck working a dead-end retail job for 40+hours a week to get by and are too exhausted to take evening classes in the off chance they can afford it. (And it becomes this really sad vicious cycle) Of course this is all anecdotal evidence for people 18-25. I've seen of much older adults drop out for a partner, have a successful long term relationship and when they're 40+ go back to college and not worry too much about finances. But I really only see that in people 35+ Maybe it's just where I am from?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Funnily enough, that's totally what drove me away from manga to more western stuff. All the fluffy stuff got pretty boring after a while to me. Now I prefer stuff like Wentworth or Orphan Black where the yuri is a pretty big part of the series, but not all there is to it.

Well, everyone has their own preference :p

For me, I just want to see a story of 2 girls getting together and the fun times that they have together without anything to detract from it or any excessive drama elements added in. And, most western Girls Love works, particularly films, tend to have the habit of making the relationship end tragically in an attempt to make it feel like it's something transient or not meant to be.

Excessive drama elements take away the enjoyment for me, but that said, I don't mind drama if it's done on a contained level like in Girl Friends.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 12:58AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Anybody keeping up with Toriko manga?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Alvis

Ahh, I see. From what I've noticed, a lot of my friends have dropped out of college for a crush one or completely ignored their classes over a partner they've only known for less than 6 months. Then when they've broken up they realize they want to go back to college but can't afford it anymore and are stuck working a dead-end retail job for 40+hours a week to get by and are too exhausted to take evening classes in the off chance they can afford it. (And it becomes this really sad vicious cycle) Of course this is all anecdotal evidence for people 18-25. I've seen of much older adults drop out for a partner, have a successful long term relationship and when they're 40+ go back to college and not worry too much about finances. But I really only see that in people 35+ Maybe it's just where I am from?

When I was talking about a uni student having a crush on someone, I was only imagining that that "someone" was either also a student or a lecturer in the uni, therefore, the things like the student having to drop out of college, or completely ignoring their classes were not what I thought of. What I have seen so far, the reasons that made some students drop out of their uni were things like they had to get married, they were sick, they had to take care of someone who was sick, they got a job that could offer them a really high salary, they was facing some financial problems, they had to take care of their family business, etc. Some went back to uni after their things went back to normal, while some didn't even bother to. Uni fees in my country are at an amount where most of people could afford it.

I told my mom that she and my dad was going to live with me in the future because I was the youngest child. My mom asked if I was thinking that I would be able to afford it. :D In my country, working at any private company, or working as a government servant can't make you a lot of money. You go to uni because of your passions. Dropping uni isn't considered as a bad decision there.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I present to everyone, a very head-banging OST track,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tAnnOaTOjE

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

@ CCL

The job centre making me go in on my birthday ;_;

Crime against humanity ;_;

So... next Monday then...? ^^

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW ;_;

To reply you must either login or sign up.