Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

^Thanks! ^w^

joined Oct 12, 2013

So we're back into ignoring Ayaka and Yurine.......

I'm fine with this, they are pretty boring as characters, and dynamic.

Ayaka's desire to not disappoint her mother, and the damage it has done to her mental health are actually quite interesting in my book, which is why I'm all up for them

I get frustrated at how they show up for an infodump chapter or two and then disappear indefinitely. Spoils the tension. And I like Ayaka. :(

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Volume 5 is out. \o\ No big mag-to-volume changes this time around, just some graphic tweaks on numerous pages (added backgrounds and hair reflections mostly). Some are weirdly nitpicky.
For example, this
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/748341923.png
has become this
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/685651049.jpg

Wow. I forgot her name but, Canno completely switched out a speaking character xD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Faust, you got some work. =3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

5+volumes of pure yuri published is a feat in itself. Kudos to Canno.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

all the images

Take my money. Take it all.

I mean, Yurine and Ayaka are great... but oh man. Sawa x Itsuki is it for me.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Heh, Citrus did it first. :þ

^ If you like images, have some more.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs96igqUMAEEuBc.jpg

http://file.canno12.blog.shinobi.jp/si.jpg

ChihaIzu

Next chap is an interlude about characters we haven't seen in a looooong time.

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 7:04PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

^ Chiharu and Izumi?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Faust, I translated the new chapter too, it's in the same folder. =]

…Well, "new" chapter. From what I get, it's actually a bonus booklet she did a while ago, that she entirely redrew and re-released as a magazine chapter. Not sure why. Anyway, it's ChihaIzu, so it's funny.

Also, the full poster card for her latest sign meeting.

SawaItsu

last edited at Oct 1, 2016 6:21PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Rough/full week, I'll get to it as soon as I can :/

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Main characters: I think Yurine should try to shape up a little as a girlfriend. Not meaning the sleep thing, as Shiramine said - of course that happened. But she still makes it mostly physical, still disrespects Shiramine and what she says and feels. And Shiramine has her cousin and her girlfriend to compare with.

it won't happen because an embarrassed harrassed Shiramine is key to the humorous side, I guess.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 4:24PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Slowly rereading this series and wow I don't know how I never noticed [how big Shiramine's boobs are

Yurine did!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

At the end, the bunny is crying TwT

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I kinda want to be a bunny plushie, right now. And I'm not sure why, but I love Chiyoko. I guess I'm a sucker for the "stealthily snarky friend" type?

^^ Well, their dynamic wouldn't quite be the same without Yurine's teasing. In this case it's pretty harmless, so why not. :þ But yeah, setting "awake" as her default mode during the day would probably help.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 6:36PM

Volume 5 Omake: The birth of a yandere

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

itsuki <3

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

That rabbit plush sure went through a lot LOL. I just love its expressions when Itsuki is abusing it. I'm sure it will continue to go through a lot more hardships considering how Sawa is. xD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapitre 25.5 out. I apologize in advance for the sloppy redraws, I had to do them myself and it's not exactly my speciality. =.="

If anyone what to help with that, they would be very welcome.

Chapter 26 should be out in a few days too in Japan, so that's a good timing.

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 12:03PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Thanks for the translation!

Are these two a new pairing? I don't remember them at all, but I have bad memory, anyway. :-/

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

I don´t remember them either.
But still I hope that the main pair shows some progress. when I read the first 2 chapters I really thought that could be one of the best Yuri Manga. But instead of concentration on something it goes from Pair to Pair ruining itself more and more.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch25_5#6

That moment when I realized Chiharu decided the study session would be at Izumi's place and directly called Izumi's parents to settle the matter. That's as forceful as it is awesome.

e: they are the couple from the second volume. Izumi is the delinquent girl, who keeps being late to class. Chiharu is the straight-laced girl of the Planetarium trio. Ai is the sort-of airhead tagging along for the study session.

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 3:02PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I applaud you, Chiharu, for trying. I guess idiots can't be cured at all.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Izumi's the idiot with the bike
Tbh, in the first page of her debut chapter, I thought she looked pretty cool/romantic
It was a super nice arc imo, we've had that angsty heartbreak, and then it was about Chiharu finding someone new (◡‿◡✿) Happy end ❤
Oh and delinquent girls are great, even if she's an idiot

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

On one hand, I still can't picture Chiharu as being in love with Izumi, but on the other hand she has to have some genuine feelings for not giving up yet.

I guess that, like Maya, Izumi triggers her motherly instinct or something… They're admittedly a perfect complement for each other.

Oh, and please make yourself at home, Ai. >.>

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I admittedly never got what was Maya's deal. Was it that everybody fell for her and she just happened to not be able to answer their feelings or does she have no romantic interest in other people at all? The internal monologue in chapter 10.5 was a little confusing.

Oh, and thanks for your hard work, as always!

To reply you must either login or sign up.