Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Romantist? Romanticist? Romantic?

Yeah it sounds pretty awkward, but this is our final consensus (tho the title on the reader wasn't updated)

last edited at Dec 2, 2016 10:11PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

And in the next chapter we'll see her getting a girlfriend too
xD

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 3:39AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, she already has one. >.> She looked pretty intimate with that other girl page 8.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

ch 26, pg 24: "cherising"
ch 26, pg 32: "my mon"

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 7:10AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chiharu sure is a special kind of adorable, ain't she. I wonder, would she count as tsundere or kuudere?

edit: welp, after reading the raw of chap 27… definitely kuudere. <=D

Supreme irony: with this chapter, Chiharu and Izumi now have as many chapters focused on them as Ayaka and Yurine (7 each, not counting the omakes). So they're officially the co-main couple now, haha.

last edited at Dec 19, 2016 6:30PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The 27 has been translated omg omg omg! it was sooooooooooooooooo goood I'm trying not to scream

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The 27 has been translated omg omg omg! it was sooooooooooooooooo goood I'm trying not to scream

Just scream :P

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 11:49PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I was actually afraid that Chiharu was still not over her senpai and that she would ditch Izumi to go out with her. Thank god Canno isn't like that.

This last chapter and Yuzumori's last chapter killed me with a sweetness overdose.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this series comparable now to "Feelings We All Must Endure?" Just a thought. Or maybe to some of Takemiya Jin's universes. It seems now like a cross between FWAME and Comprehensive Tovarisch.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh, you go to Shiroyuri Gakuen? Isn't that place, like, totally gay?

-- Astraea Hill student.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aaaannnd, that's a wrap for this couple.

Can we go back to Ayaka x Yurine now?

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

This chapter was so sweet ><

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Is this series comparable now to "Feelings We All Must Endure?" Just a thought. Or maybe to some of Takemiya Jin's universes.

I was actually vaguely thinking that!! Cool, I didn't know anyone would echo my feelings.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Swish.
Nothing but net.
Game point.
Best couple. Best kiss.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

That was absolutely adorable. I was not that fond of this couple at first. But, they are up there with Moe and Mizuki now :D

Aaaannnd, that's a wrap for this couple.

lol who are they again? :P

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 5:33PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Is this series comparable now to "Feelings We All Must Endure?" Just a thought. Or maybe to some of Takemiya Jin's universes. It seems now like a cross between FWAME and Comprehensive Tovarisch.

How is it comparable to Feelings We All Must Endure?

lol who are they again?

The main couple a.k.a. the most boring couple so far.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 5:00PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It's strange, it was a rather long chap, yet I felt like not much happened… Even though it did, since it's a rather important chap in Chiharu's development.

Still, that was sweet as hell − and fixed my grumpy mood after Izetta's ending. Also is it me, or is Canno's artstyle becoming somewhat more… cinematographic, so to speak?

Why would we go back to that side couple? :þ

More seriously, the series' description on Dynasty needs to be revised. It's clear by now that there is no such thing as a "main couple" in this series. Canno just does whatever she wants.

That's also why AnoKiss probably wouldn't work in anime − or if it has one, it should be either separate OVAs (one per couple) or out-of-order episodes like Haruhi.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 5:13PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

More seriously, the series' description on Dynasty needs to be revised. It's clear by now that there is no such thing as a "main couple" in this series. Canno just does whatever she wants.

That's also why AnoKiss probably wouldn't work in anime − or if it has one, it should be either separate OVAs (one per couple) or out-of-order episodes like Haruhi.

They're basically the main side-couple at this point. Overall more present than any other pairing but not really the dominant focus of the series.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lyendith posted:

Because their relationship spans the entire series and I think Ano Kiss will end (maybe with some omake after) when these two get together.

And it will be glorious.

I have a soft spot for tsunderes.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 5:29PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It's strange, it was a rather long chap, yet I felt like not much happened… Even though it did, since it's a rather important chap in Chiharu's development.

Still, that was sweet as hell − and fixed my grumpy mood after Izetta's ending. Also is it me, or is Canno's artstyle becoming somewhat more… cinematographic, so to speak?

Wait, what happened in Izetta that got you grumpy? I still haven't watched, but i was planning in doing it once it ended, but if it ends in a bad way i might not do it.

I think thats one of the reasons i like AnoKiss so much. In some series not a single side couple gets developed or it does, its all rushed or off-camera. In here all of the "side couples" get a chance to shine on the spotlight. I think an anime of it could work as a series of short stories, kinda like Death Parade where in every episode theres new characters and the "Main" characters are just there in the background.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^^ Pretty much.

Ah well, I think we'll be back to AyaYuri next chap. So far they've had no chapters in even-numbered volumes (2 and 4), but I don't see Canno introducing a new couple in the middle of this volume…

Back to the chap, I find it pretty sweet how Chiharu is actually the one who badly needs someone by her side. Or rather, it seems like she needs someone to take care of, and be the boke to her tsukkomi. In that sense, Izumi fills a similar role as Maya to her − although a bit dumber.

Wait, what happened in Izetta that got you grumpy? I still haven't watched, but i was planning in doing it once it ended, but if it ends in a bad way i might not do it.

Well, first, yuri-wise, there is no kiss between Finé and Izetta (unless you count this scene). Some might argue that it wasn't even needed, considering they're pretty much acknowledged as a couple, but still, it's annoying. And more generally, the ending felt rushed and pretty messy, with a certain character pulling victories out of his ass and another one being painfully underdevelopped. It should have been a 25 episode series, really. It just reeks of wasted potential after its first episode.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 6:05PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Quite an unusual chapter for AnoKiss because no external events progressed the plot but just character interaction. Izumi blushing reminded me of Chiharu's expression at the end of chapter ten when Izumi hugged her, so maybe their story has now come full circle.

Senpai is still a bit of a mystery and no matter how I look at it, the way she is implemented makes her a mere plot device. When Chiharu resolves her Izumi-senpai triangle, she makes it sound like senpai following her dream was the problem. The way Maya was portrayed never made her look ambitious to the extent that it could've been the reason she was unable to answer people's feeling because she wanted to concentrate on her studies. I've never picked up that vibe from her.

^
Full ack concerning Izetta.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 6:07PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Because their relationship spans the entire series and I think Ano Kiss will end (maybe with some omake after) when these two get together.

And it will be glorious.

I have a soft spot for tsunderes.

From Canno's artwork that she does that is separate from the volumes/chapters I'd say it's pretty easy to see that she adores Yurine/Ayaka. If they don't get a good ending I'd be wondering if some politics happened that prevented it.

Also, I found these short comics on Canno's Pixiv:

Yurine and Mizuki
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46730777

Young Mizuki and Moe. Early indirect kiss.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=43326353

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 6:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.