Forum › Wicked Girl discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

majere posted:

I don't take kindly to fetishizing the suffering of a child.

It's a good thing this is a fictional story and not real life then, huh? Otherwise it would actually be a problem.

joined Mar 25, 2013

majere posted:

I don't take kindly to fetishizing the suffering of a child.

It's a good thing this is a fictional story and not real life then, huh? Otherwise it would actually be a problem.

I don't take kindly to fetishising the suffering of a fictional child :P And on and on and on.

Someone was bound to write it. I'm just saving them the trouble :]

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 9:25AM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wait what kind of ending was that

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Seems like sensei only likes edgy girls. she kinda reminds me a bit of Touko-senpai from Bloom into You, they're not the same, obviously.
But yes, I'm glad that she'll take responsibility of the girl.

OMG I hadn't think that, let's hope Bloom into you doesn't end this way...

Of course it won't. Touko staying for Yuu's sake? Nah, she'll leave

I kinda remember a song from Birdy titled Skinny Love. More or less the meaning of that song is similar with this oneshot.

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

then sensei, learn how to love a rose without its thorn :)

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

the inverting really works here, you totally expect somenthing like that at the start, but from the girl,

well, it happens in het relations, and w/o age gap, you fall in love with the free, single, person, you can't know he/she remains the same, but often love becomes care and affect, shared memories and the likes, and you don't need to break

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 11:49AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well fuck ok
Artistically it was a jewel to behold tho

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I get it!.......

I don't get it...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

sensei: wow youre a delinquent thats not cool stop it and get married to a boy
student: i dont love anything lmao
sensei: ur pretty, i broke up with my boyf
student: i love you sensei
sensei: wait my bad i only liked you when you were messed up

wtf sensei

joined Feb 18, 2015

Wow... that's a bit rough. I'm glad she didn't actually die... But it looks like Sensei has her own issues still...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Yes the relationship from the beginning spelled doom but at least she takes responsibility and stays with her. That's a good ending to me. Another great piece by Sakamoto.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Yes the relationship from the beginning spelled doom but at least she takes responsibility and stays with her.

Yeah, it must be terrific to be with someone who you believe loves you, but doesn't really.

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

SAD

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

her "edgyness" was only a protective wall or mechanism that resulted from her being an abandoned kid.

Lol I can see the cycle:

• Sensei leaves her
  • She becomes edgy again
  • Sensei falls in love with the edgy again
  • The cycle begings again.

And that keeps going on until the girl kills herself, since Teacher says "This is a story about how I ended this young girl's life".

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 12:10AM

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

???
is this a good ending or bad ending ??? 2complicated4me

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sensei has resigned herself to a perpetuate a loveless, one-sided, relationship with an underaged girl that will inevitably inflict long-lasting emotional and psychological damage on the both of them.

Hint: It's a very, very bad ending.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 1:38AM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

It's sad because she doesn't really love or even pity Maho by the end, she just wanted to feel something that her fiancée was unable to make her feel.

Something tells me Sensei wouldn't have been happy with her man either, though. She's one of those people who doesn't realize they aren't able to attach themselves to others meaningfully. Her life will be a constant search for fulfillment, only for her to realize at the end that she didn't even like the journey.

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

Am I the only one who interpreted that as something farily common and normal in relationships? The Thorns, this is the passion and the excitement that comes with a new relationship. Everything is new, everything is exciting, everything is like in flames. That is the easy part of a relationship, you can just flow with it, enjoy it. Everything is easy. But a long term. relationship can't just live on such feelings. Long term relationships don't are "We have our true love and everything is perfect and lovey dovey for all time". Every Relationship becomes daily grind at some time, something normal, it loses this first passion and excitement. Many Relationships break at this point, because from this point one, it becomes hard work. Living together with someone for five, for ten, twenty or fifty years is not something that comes from itself once you find "true love", it is something borth partners can be really proud about, something that is to be celebrated because of the hard work, keeping a relationship alive. That first Passion is something one can miss for his relationship, but in place of this comes something new, something that is less exciting, less passionate but more secure and stable instad.

That's at least how I interpreted it.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Am I the only one who interpreted that as something farily common and normal in relationships? The Thorns, this is the passion and the excitement that comes with a new relationship. Everything is new, everything is exciting, everything is like in flames. That is the easy part of a relationship, you can just flow with it, enjoy it. Everything is easy. But a long term. relationship can't just live on such feelings. Long term relationships don't are "We have our true love and everything is perfect and lovey dovey for all time". Every Relationship becomes daily grind at some time, something normal, it loses this first passion and excitement. Many Relationships break at this point, because from this point one, it becomes hard work. Living together with someone for five, for ten, twenty or fifty years is not something that comes from itself once you find "true love", it is something borth partners can be really proud about, something that is to be celebrated because of the hard work, keeping a relationship alive. That first Passion is something one can miss for his relationship, but in place of this comes something new, something that is less exciting, less passionate but more secure and stable instad.

That's at least how I interpreted it.

And that's perfectly valid, but I interpreted it as Sensei not wanting Majo anymore because her 'thorns' (I.e., her damaged personality from a life of neglect and abuse) lessened as they spent more time together. She doesn't want a stable, loving relationship-- she wanted the tragic, dangerous relationship and isn't satisfied now that Maho is becoming normal and well-adjusted.

Really, the only one whose interpretation is 'correct' are the original creators.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Am I the only one who interpreted that as something farily common and normal in relationships?

The "You're no longer he person I initially fell in love with"-style of development is extremely common in romantic relationships - fictional or otherwise - and it doesn't always have to be a bad thing. But in the context of this particular story, it certainly isn't a good one.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nidienne posted:

The "You're no longer he person I initially fell in love with"-style of development is extremely common in romantic relationships - fictional or otherwise - and it doesn't always have to be a bad thing. But in the context of this particular story, it certainly isn't a good one.

I'd argue while it's not necessarily good it doesn't mean no good can come from it at least. Even though their relationship has had that sort of development she's decided to stay with her. So even if she no longer currently feels anything for her other than an obligation or duty it's still possible for her to find something she loves regardless.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'd argue while it's not necessarily good it doesn't mean no good can come from it at least. Even though their relationship has had that sort of development she's decided to stay with her. So even if she no longer currently feels anything for her other than an obligation or duty it's still possible for her to find something she loves regardless.

You're an optimist aren't you? (:

I'd be inclined to believe that if the teacher showed even an ounce of genuine love for her and not because of how 'damaged' she is. Like a few people mentioned, she was only attracted to the 'edginess' of Maho because she wanted something dangerous and not because of genuine feelings for her.

At least, that's how I saw it.

Also if you consider from Maho's POV how she wanted a 'motherly' figure at the start and then it progresses. Maho isn't all that alright either. Just two damaged people, one which would probably not improve.

But hey, I'm a pessimist so :]

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Wow ... I feel so fucked up. Psychological stuff really hurt my brain.
Although I'm a psycho person ' v '

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Amazing art, unlike the other recent story from this author, bittersweet but pertinent ending.
It's usually not my cup of tea but I liked this one a lot.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

sensei is wicked girl

To reply you must either login or sign up.