Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Guys, it's creepy because, even if Yuzu were to take Mimika's advances and accept them, she's not yet on the point of her life to reach an understanding of what's going on. Consent requires both parts to understand what they are doing and what the repercussions of those acts might be.

Look, I joke around a lot about Mimika being a criminal, but if anything showed us this chapter is that she realizes what she's doing is not right. I WANT them to be together as much as anyone here, but until Yuzu shows any sort of understanding of what Mimika's actions might mean, and what's the effect she has on her, it'll be a crime. Sorry pals

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Look, I joke around a lot about Mimika being a criminal, but if anything showed us this chapter is that she realizes what she's doing is not right. I WANT them to be together as much as anyone here, but until Yuzu shows any sort of understanding of what Mimika's actions might mean, and what's the effect she has on her, it'll be a crime. Sorry pals

I can't quote this hard enough.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Motherfucker! Coming to other peoples houses just to sleep on their bed and shit

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

More self-discipline than a monk....

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I admire Mimika's self control, she obviously likes yuzumori-san enough to not assault her in her sleep, so it's not just totally a lust thing. I feel like while the situations can be comedic it's slowly becoming something more serious.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Is it just me or Miss Humbert Humbert is still in restraint?

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Thank goodness she didn't lose her composure

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

As they say... Just do it! Don't let your dreams be dreams!

She might, you know, wake up in the middle of it and call the police or something, but nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

No please do not sexually assault the elementary schooler Mimika that would be bad.

Yes, this.

Didn't we already discuss that there's roughly a 10-year gap? That's close to the entire length of Yuzu's life.

7 years. Which is still huge, they're not at the age where such a gap can be dismissed

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 9:47PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Wow 6 chapters already? It's been a while since I came back to this I wasn't expecting this manga to last... Considering the creepyness of it. And shit is getting scary bad O.O. The mangaka has a history of being dark with his stories hopefully this doesn't turn dark O.O I don't see a good ending for her. I do appriciate that the author made her character understand that what she is doing is wrong. But now I'm curious to know how this will end. My prediction is not good lol but I might be wrong.

joined Mar 6, 2015

May Mimika be blessed with endurance until... y'know Yuzu's in the legal age.
Which reminds me, isn't the legal age in Japan about 13-14 or something?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Self control level +100

But by that time Mimika will be over 18, so it will still be ilegal.

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 10:08PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Self control level +100

But by that time Mimika will be over 18, so it will still be ilegal.

Nope, it's 18 - in the whole country. There's confusion because the old 'law' was 13 - but though that is still in the books, it was superseded by their child protection bill decades ago - which sets the age at 18.

Also they have a 'cinderalla' clause like many countries do (we do in the uk too) where it is not criminal for an underage girl to have sex - even if her partner is 18 + as long as she is over 13 AND her partner is within 3 years of her age. So like an 18 year old isn't gonna go to jail if his gf is 16. Or she was 14 and he was only 15 or 16 etc.

BUT - no matter how you cut it - 'real' adults can't sleep with underage girls legally there - for an adult of any age - their age of consent is 18.

Actually - the age of consent is only 16 here in the UK. You never hear people bring that up - it's a fair bit younger than most of the worlds 18.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

auikimaya posted:

it's creepy because, even if Yuzu were to take Mimika's advances and accept them, she's not yet on the point of her life to reach an understanding of what's going on.

Again with this "magical age" apparently every human has to reach before suddenly understanding everything that comes with romantic/sexual feelings. I don't wanna complain too much though, it just bugs me how often the argument gets used. :/

Seriously though, at the age Yuzu is at her brain literally hasn't even fully formed yet, particularly the prefrontal cortex which covers decision making and impulse control, and she wouldn't have gone through puberty either. She's the very definition of unable to give informed consent. In terms of cognitive ability, the "magical age" of 18 is actually rounding down.

joined Apr 28, 2016

auikimaya posted:

it's creepy because, even if Yuzu were to take Mimika's advances and accept them, she's not yet on the point of her life to reach an understanding of what's going on.

Again with this "magical age" apparently every human has to reach before suddenly understanding everything that comes with romantic/sexual feelings. I don't wanna complain too much though, it just bugs me how often the argument gets used. :/

Alright, I'll elaborate.

First, there's the legal age of consent. If a person is below the age of consent, sex with them is illegal; if the person is above the age of consent it's legal (barring extenuating circumstances). In Japan, the age of consent is 18 depending on the prefecture, and can go as low as 13 depending on certain conditions (see elevown's post above).

Second, there's the more abstract concept of the "age of reason." In sexual contexts, this is when an individual is mentally and psychologically developed enough to understand what the act of sex is and capable of giving informed consent. Having sex with someone below the age of reason is ethically compromised and having sex with someone above it is ethically sound. The exact age of reason varies from person to person, and it's up to the personal judgement and perceptions of the individual and those around them to determine whether or not they've arrived at it.

It's possible for a person to be below the legal age but have reached an age of reason if they're atypically developed in their mental capacities, and on the reciprocal side a person can be above the legal age to consent without having reached it (e.g. an adult with a mental disorder that prevented them from maturing psychologically).

Yuzumori is not of the legal age and nothing in the text so far indicates she is of sufficient mental capacity to understand and consent to sex (and no, "I really want her to so I can feel less guilty" is not a valid form of evidence). Even if she had the latter, she'd still be a child in the eyes of the law and Mimika having sex with her would mean breaking that law.

TL;DR **** all y'all who are trying weasel a desperate and hare-brained sense of legitimacy into a sexual relationship with a 10 year-old, even if it's only in a fictional context.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 12:21AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Geri Geri Safe, phew~. 'wipes off the sweat' xD
Mimika deserves a word of praise or two for her self control. wonder how long she will last. It is not out of the question if manga ended with her in jail. I was not considering this before but now it seems likely. :V

No more coming over please; it is bad for mimika's heart and social standing. Her banzai act at the start had me rolling tho.

Is Mimika an adult or a miner at this point? If she were to do the deed what would be her penalty in case she is a miner?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

wow i dont remember so much polemic about other age gap manga i mean you guys know that is all fiction right you dont really have to fight about this if youre not into this thing just dont read it i mean i really think john k peta work is the most disgusting and sick shit that i ever read but since i have the option to not read it again i dont complain too much about it

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

@benja

I think the main reason the discussion is coming up is because how the manga itself is making our main character question herself and her inclinations. The story itself isn't going "magical yuri fun time no worries about the agegap~!" - Mimika herself is conflicted about things, so readers also start thinking about the conflict. Idk if that's a really poor way of describing it, but I tried. aha.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

auikimaya posted:

Alright, I'll elaborate.

First, there's the legal age of consent. If a person is below the age of consent, sex with them is illegal; if the person is above the age of consent it's legal (barring extenuating circumstances). In Japan, the age of consent is 18 depending on the prefecture, and can go as low as 13 depending on certain conditions (see elevown's post above).

Second, there's the more abstract concept of the "age of reason." In sexual contexts, this is when an individual is mentally and psychologically developed enough to understand what the act of sex is and capable of giving informed consent. Having sex with someone below the age of reason is ethically compromised and having sex with someone above it is ethically sound. The exact age of reason varies from person to person, and it's up to the personal judgement and perceptions of the individual and those around them to determine whether or not they've arrived at it.

It's possible for a person to be below the legal age but have reached an age of reason if they're atypically developed in their mental capacities, and on the reciprocal side a person can be above the legal age to consent without having reached it (e.g. an adult with a mental disorder that prevented them from maturing psychologically).

Yuzumori is not of the legal age and nothing in the text so far indicates she is of sufficient mental capacity to understand and consent to sex (and no, "I really want her to so I can feel less guilty" is not a valid form of evidence). Even if she had the latter, she'd still be a child in the eyes of the law and Mimika having sex with her would mean breaking that law.

TL;DR **** all y'all who are trying weasel a desperate and hare-brained sense of legitimacy into a sexual relationship with a 10 year-old, even if it's only in a fictional context.

This rounds it up pretty nicely. I didn't wanted to go into the explanation itself, because I thought it would be self-evident. However, seeing how some of you seem to find hard to understand what we meant, @Nidienne's explanations is pretty spot on

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mimika agonizing over her feelings and impulses is the whole point of the manga

And by the way, she never laid a single finger on Yuzomori. NEVER touched her in an "inappropriate" way.

Everything happens in her head. It's a comedy, ffs.

If it disturbs you, don't read.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Stolen from /u/ to describe this manga:

LIKE FIRE

HELLFIRE

THIS FIRE IN MY SKIN

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"I just want people to know that this is wrong"

Hmmm I thought that those discussions would be dead 3 chapters ago, like Nya-chan said "If it disturbs you, don't read" Trying to be so righteous with a fictional manga is pretty useless... But there are more doujins and manga involving underage character in dynasty, in fact you can find some with sexual relations so you're free to be alarmed there or maybe... idk close the window?.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Hmmm I thought that those discussions would be dead 3 chapters ago...

I gave fair warning.

...like Nya-chan said "If it disturbs you, don't read" Trying to be so righteous with a fictional manga is pretty useless... But there are more doujins and manga involving underage character in dynasty, in fact you can find some with sexual relations so you're free to be alarmed there or maybe... idk close the window?.

Just because we disagree with a character doesn't mean we don't enjoy watching/reading their story. Tony Montana and Walter White were extremely disagreeable as individuals that did very disturbing things, but they were fascinating characters that were part of engaging narratives.

Mimika's a much more sympathetic character than either of those two, and I think it's noteworthy how much empathy she can elicit from readers that aren't interested or even opposed to the lolicon genre.

Plus it's amusing how some people in this thread get their underwear in a bunch every time someone points out that pedophilia is wrong. You know who pointed it out most recently? Mimika.

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 5:44AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"I just want people to know that this is wrong"

Hmmm I thought that those discussions would be dead 3 chapters ago, like Nya-chan said "If it disturbs you, don't read" Trying to be so righteous with a fictional manga is pretty useless... But there are more doujins and manga involving underage character in dynasty, in fact you can find some with sexual relations so you're free to be alarmed there or maybe... idk close the window?.

I've said this before, criticizing something doesn't mean you hate it. Nor does looking at fiction through the lens of real world knowledge and experience.

Now if someone says "I hate this" then that's a pretty good indicator that they hate it.

joined Sep 6, 2016

this is a story of an addict
they start doping
they realize they're addicted and why it's wrong
but they just can't stop
and they're gonna kept doping because its just too good

But all in all i love where the story is going and the in my opinion the art is unique and beautiful.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 11:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's common sense, but I just keep reading the word creepy and disturbing and we're already in chapter 6 so is kind of weird you know? Being told over and over "Sex with people below 18 is illegal!" is tiring too, maybe one of the readers will jump out of the chair in shock with that revelation but I doubt it... Now, if you guys want to debate if Yuzu actually feels something more than friendship with Mimika at her age, that's something I would understand, I want their relationship to be cute but is hard and funny because Mimika is aware of a lot of other things and that's amusing to see... But we don't know what Yuzu is thinking, we can guess based on her age (but her hobbies are reading in the library and reading fashion magazines so she is't the average 10yo, the games that Mimika played at that age seemed pointless for her) Maybe she could feel and understand love, not the whole concept like an adult, not even Mimika understood that she was in love right away ... And yes I would like that because Yuzu falling in love doesn't mean that they gonna have sex the next day like how you are criticizing/debating.

PS: I said it earlier but I don't want Yuzu to be already aware of sex and that's she is trying to provoke Mimika... It would mean (for me) that she already had experience and that would turn this manga into something sad.

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 12:42AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.