Forum › Kase-san discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

They weren't in one of the volumes and that's why they are separate. I think they were posted online. It doesn't matter either way, they're arranged chronologically. At least as far as I remember.

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 7:34AM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Am I the only one that find interesting that Kase, who's head over heals for Yamada, didn't introduce her as her girlfriend to Inoue who's supposedly her ex-girlfriend and thus should know Kase is into girls ?

Usually, you go for the "friend" introduction when you don't want people to figure out your gay. Makes me think that not only Kase never dated Inoue, but also never tell her that she like girls. Well, could also be that she was overly cautious of being on school grounds, so there might be a risk of someone coming within earshot. Also, it feels that Yamada is especially hurt by that introduction exactly because she's so set on Inoue being Kase's ex-girlfriend that she would have feel natural to be introduced as her girlfriend.

As for Inoue, I reserve my judgement for now... She did come across rude about the "don't get in my way" comment, but might just be because she was looking forward to have a proper run with Kase without any distraction and she doesn't like having Yamada tagging along for no evident reason. Maybe she also feels that if she wins against Kase with Yamada around, there's a chance her win might be caused by Kase being distracted by Yamada.

Or, plot twist : Inoue actually has the hots for Yamada as well (the "I" quickly changed to Kase when mentioning noticing her on the side) and would get distracted by Yamada just as much so she doesn't want that. Would be kinda fun, the two of them running around poorly because both trying to sneak peeks at Yamada in the middle of it. XD

Inoue knows about Yamada planning to go to Tokyo - a recent development. So we can assume Kase keeps talking about Yamada to Inoue... who also obviously remembers Yamada from back then, in one way or another.
Kase's fairly popular, but my take is, that Inoue is her only real friend at this point. On the same line of thought, when Kase talks to Inoue about someone else's life, Inoue would know that that someone must be important to Kase (she wouldn't recall any information of every of Kase's plenty fangirls, right?). The name "Yamada" got stuck with Inoue...
Inoue's initial response when Kase first (proudly) presented and introduced Yamada seemed friendly, charming even. Even later, she seems amused by Yamada's passion - it possibly being one thing she can somewhat relate to; she may have even (incidentally?) tested Yamada there to see if she was able to defend herself and her passions... (and Yamada seems to have passed, so far.)

I am also still hung up on not her last line, but the one immediately prior: "I don't know if you're her friend or what[ever]..."
-- taken the above into account (Kase talking to Inoue about Yamada), she would know, that they are AT LEAST friends, so the "or what[ever]" can (in my head) only imply something even more special than just friends. And let's not forget that Inoue seems to know Kase fairly well (rightfully calling Kase "a bit of a blockhead" XD ).

My take is, Inoue really does know there are lillies in bloom here. But as long Kase doesn't spill the beans, she won't push the matter. She doesn't really care that much if they are an item, either. She just wants to run (and so does Kase). She's a good friend to Kase, who still keeps in frequent contact even after graduation. And her warning is more of a "You probably won't get this kind of competitiveness, but don't fret. You do your thing, and I do mine - and we'll be good."
Inoue is a strong-willed character, but chapter 6 also showed her not to be overly fond of drama and angsty rivalry. So this may be her way of saying she won't get jealous of or bud into their relationship as long Yamada won't get jealous of or tries to mess with their friendship...

Edit:
However, this doesn't quite explain the "I..."
But, since she doesn't get what Yamada was doing there, Inoue presumably never really persued observing Yamada herself. But she saw her too, when she was walking home with Kase. So, maybe Inoue was about to say "I/Me and Kase saw you", but withheld that to not imply anything distractive - maybe being aware of Mikawa's rumors. In that interpretation, Inoue would be a nice person who wouldn't want to bring up anything that could lead Yamada to think of something that never was, but rather keep the focus on Kase as their common ground (and her source of anything Yamada-related, her even back then obsessing about Yamada).

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 10:03AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 19, pg 18 minor change http://i.4cdn.org/u/1472005809188.png

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

hmmm I thought the senpai would've been nicer . let's see how this plays out

Php6pjykp_c1pm
joined Aug 21, 2016

Drama and senpais aside, does anyone know if the song from chapter 3 ("you in the dusk" by tomo) is a real song? I tried searching for it, but I think that even if it was real, a search in English wouldn't get me very far, and google translate is hardly reliable.

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 3:52PM

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Okay, so based on the last part, I think, Inoue is just Kase's best friend slash rival, sort of. Well, that's what I wanted to believe because I so pity Yamada right now. Like, you saw your almost-too-perfect-in-your-eyes girlfriend being sweetie-pie-y with another girl that is almost-too-perfect-in-your-eyes too then...it really sucks! Specially if that girl knows more about your own GF than you do and they look so much perfect with each other. Also, if I were Yamada, I would think: how come we're dating and she doesn't even talk about that girl to me if she's even her best friend or close friend or whatever because she talks to my best friend (Mikawacchi) and I think that's normal for two people dating.

But that's just my opinion as someone who experiences the same as Yamada. Lol. I mean, I understand how Yamada thinks specially when you have a friend like Mikawacchi, it's almost impossible to see the good in me since she always reminds me how "cool" my GF's ex is or was which is really frustrating as it is.

Anyway... Since I love drama and all, and I wanna punish (just for laughs) Kase-san for being so cool and for introducing Yamada as her "friend"... I hope in the continuation, Yamada leaves and let the two sporty ladies be and while she cries herself out in some corner, a former male friend from middle school (who happens to visit Yamada's current school by a random invite of a colleague who goes at the same school) gets lost in the crowd and happen to ran into Yamada. Then the male friend calls Yamada out "Yui." And Yamada couldn't remember who he was and then dude introduces himself as her former plant appointee back in middle school and Yamada will be all surprised at how much the lanky middle school guy grew up into a handsome fine young man in three years. And then the guy explains that he is a sports enthusiast now but his love for gardening activities never dies as he still does his duty as plant appointee after practice. Then guy notices Yamada's tears, he wanna console the girl but he doesn't want to be rude into asking what happened so instead he offers a drink to Yamada that she really likes (surprisingly) and then they had a catching up talk. As the school festival comes to an end, Kase comes to find her girl talking to a really cool guy. Thinking that the guy would do something bad to her Yamada, she approached the two. Yamada then happily introduces the guy uhm...let's say..."Yuu-kun" to Kase and blah, then the guy is like "Thanks for looking after Yui" and Kase is like, 'Whoa! First name basis???' and bam. Now Kase, how would you feel now? LOL

Me and my screwed up imagination. Lel. Sorry folks!

Drama and senpais aside, does anyone know if the song from chapter 3 ("you in the dusk" by tomo) is a real song? I tried searching for it, but I think that even if it was real, a search in English wouldn't get me very far, and google translate is hardly reliable.

Hm. I already tried googling about it before and couldn't find it so, I cam to a conclusion that it isn't really an existing song. Well, better ask the scanlators or translators. Haha. My reply is completely bs. Gomen. Gomen. Haha.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

In Japanese, the song's name is 夕焼けとキミ Yuuyake to Kimi. When I searched for the Japanese text, I found several occurrences of the phrase, but nothing that looked like a song with that name. So it doesn't seem to be a real song.

However, it might be a reference to a real song by a singer with Tomo in her name. 夕焼け is often used in song lyrics. If it is a reference, I'm not going to take the effort to track it down right now.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

But that's just my opinion as someone who experiences the same as Yamada. Lol. I mean, I understand how Yamada thinks specially when you have a friend like Mikawacchi, it's almost impossible to see the good in me since she always reminds me how "cool" my GF's ex is or was which is really frustrating as it is.

You and Yamada have weird and possibly sadistic "friends"....

You did raise an interesting point: Kase talks to Inoue about Yamada but not to Yamada about her senpai / friend....
We may chalk it up to Kase being Kase, though. And Kase rather talking to her friend about what goes on in her life, but not to Yamada about someone who's not around - and she doesn't seem to talk about her racing and teammates much with Yamada either... So this may just be an aspect of her life Kase doesn't think of or thinks relevant / interesting to mention when being with Yamada.

Hm. I already tried googling about it before and couldn't find it so, I cam to a conclusion that it isn't really an existing song. Well, better ask the scanlators or translators. Haha. My reply is completely bs. Gomen. Gomen. Haha.

Didn't find anything either, but funny enough, Google auto-completed the search query...

joined Oct 12, 2013

How can Kase possibly be so sweet and innocent and yet so hawt and thirsty? :3

And yet this is why I love the series, because as a rule high schoolers are all horny idiots.

Eh, not necessarily. Though I suppose Yamada balances her out.

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

You and Yamada have weird and possibly sadistic "friends"....

You did raise an interesting point: Kase talks to Inoue about Yamada but not to Yamada about her senpai / friend....
We may chalk it up to Kase being Kase, though. And Kase rather talking to her friend about what goes on in her life, but not to Yamada about someone who's not around - and she doesn't seem to talk about her racing and teammates much with Yamada either... So this may just be an aspect of her life Kase doesn't think of or thinks relevant / interesting to mention when being with Yamada.

That's the fun of it. They're just being blunt about things like how society would normally perceive things since society has these so-called 'standards'. But that's not the main issue. LOL

Well, I see your point. However, I just think both of them have their own faults. Like, basically, in a relationship you talk about how you two would introduce each other to people. Or if you wanna know something ask directly. Those sort of stuff. Rather than assuming these and that. Open communication is a must. But this is a story so...let's just wait and see, aye? :D

joined Sep 11, 2014

There's not really an excuse for inoue's attitude. Without understanding what Yamada actually does for her school, she thinks of her as a no club loser. She basically said straight up that she thinks Yamada isn't important enough to hang out with Kase. And says all these things within barely an hour of meeting Yamada.

Kourei
joined Jun 11, 2015

Another hypothesis, but again, this could just be me being so hyped for these delicious updates the past two weeks.
I have no idea what Inoue-senpai's exact deal is, but regardless of that, Inoue-senpai looks like the VERY spice Yamada and Kase needs. I think their relationship had been cute up to this point but being it their final year in high school, they could use some twist in the plot to grow up from just being cute. Actually, at the rate they were before Mikawacchi dropped bomb regarding Inoue-senpai, I worry for them ever making it through a few months apart. We've seen them trouble over things that I deem petty. That is to say, they barely know anything about each other yet. Some good disruption other than their routine kawaii-kawaii problems is a nice touch of realistic relationship conflicts...

...I think. xD

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

They are teens, afterall. They still need to learn how to relationship.
But I agree, that their relationship so far lacks intimacy - and I'm not talking the physical kind. They need to learn how to communicate, how to really talk and share.
Their are both incredibly inexperienced in that regard. Yamada only really has had Mikawa as a close friend (which is more of a cute pet - teasing owner relationship) and Kase, despite being super-popular, also doesn't seem to have many close friends (her senpai maybe coming closest, but only for a year or so and she's graduated).

So, yeah, Inoue might just be the trigger they needed. Heck, with that in mind, even Mikawa may be on the right track, spreading false information to tease Yamada into investigating!

Koro-sensei-avatars.alphacoders.com
joined Feb 18, 2016

hi a space cover! brilliant drawing!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Looks like the next chapter is up on the original site... Crepe and Kase-san (Look for it on: http://bookstore.yahoo.co.jp/free_magazine-534793/) Looks interesting, but don't go look if you don't want to see things without being able to read them... :)

joined Jun 12, 2015

^/u// is workning on it. Already translated.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just a heads up that the next chapter will be a little bit on the short since the author apparently had stomach issues.

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Stomach issues? :( okay... I hope this won't be Fluttering Feelings all over again..

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Crepe and Kase-san is only 10 pages?

And it looks like it will be heavy in the exposition dept, based on the art. Hmm.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Happy 1000 replies!

joined Aug 28, 2016

I just noticed this manga is still ongoing. Can I expect many updates anytime soon?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I just noticed this manga is still ongoing. Can I expect many updates anytime soon?

We're working on the latest chapter. New chapters should be coming out every month, give or take the odd delay.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Apart from the 8 chapters we just got?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Apart from the 8 chapters we just got?

Yeah, but we've read those!

joined Aug 28, 2016

We're working on the latest chapter. New chapters should be coming out every month, give or take the odd delay.

That's more than what I was hoping for. You really made my day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.