Forum › Gal and Otaku can't understand each other discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

You could probably pick out some better chapter thumbnails, but nonetheless glad to see this on Dynasty

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Yay.

joined Aug 19, 2012

I was kind of hoping this would just...not show up here, personally. The translator's twitter and blog both have some shitty offhand remarks about women and LGBT folks, even aside from the intro page.

(That said, the manga ain' bad, and I appreciate more content from the author.)

but this is a heavily subtext yuri manga, why translate this then.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I didn't see anything too terrible in the intro. Immature, yeah, but there is worse language on /u/ every day.

Anyway, this is pretty good so far.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Man that was a good read, can't wait for more

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Also... there was nothing wrong with the intro? Am I not seeing something?

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Also... there was nothing wrong with the intro? Am I not seeing something?

I think they have a problem with this page. It's probably the comment about faggots. (Personally, I don't think it that bad but it could be something else entirely.)

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I think they have a problem with this page. It's probably the comment about faggots. (Personally, I don't think it that bad but it could be something else entirely.)

It's not that bad, but that shit should still not be tolerated. I don't know how to quote other comments when I've already quoted one (someone give me formatting help pls), but the stuff referenced in bighand's comment sounds much worse. And let's face it, this translation is pretty bad, right down to the title. I usually wouldn't say that about a translation group since I usually appreciate their work and all, but if they actually do make shitty comments like those (I wouldn't really be surprised considering the intro page), then I really have no guilt about saying this... I hope another, better translation group gets hold of this thing.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 8:38PM

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

This is hilarious lmao

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Such a shame Otonashi has a demon sealed in her eye.

joined Jul 22, 2016

This manga is brilliant. I like very much :3 nyufufu.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

It's not that bad, but that shit should still not be tolerated. I don't know how to quote other comments when I've already quoted one (someone give me formatting help pls), but the stuff referenced in bighand's comment sounds much worse. And let's face it, this translation is pretty bad, right down to the title. I usually wouldn't say that about a translation group since I usually appreciate their work and all, but if they actually do make shitty comments like those (I wouldn't really be surprised considering the intro page), then I really have no guilt about saying this... I hope another, better translation group gets hold of this thing.

If you want to quote more than one quote use the > character. So it would be:
'>>Nested Quote
'>
'>Quote

It without the ' mark it would render:

Nested Quote

Here's a link to the basic form reference post. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5657-forum-post-formatting-basic-markdown-tutorial
It's pinned to the top of the forum so it should be easy to find again for easy reference.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Minutoh posted:

personally, I just want more yuri, and as long as the scanlation is readable/not abysmal, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth... even if that mouth is filthy.

More people and groups scanlating yuri is always a good thing. If HYassin wasn't doing this, some other group would be, and then that group wouldn't be doing what they are doing right now. Time is not an infinite resource, and neither is manpower.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 10:44PM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

takes off wig to reveal slightly shorter hair of the exact same color
What is it with manga and forgetting that extensions are a thing and they're a hell of a lot easier and more real-looking than wigs?

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Personally I thought that page was funny, I mean they did spell faggot with an e to show they meant to be comedic. But that's just my opinion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aw yiss, always wanted to know what this manga was about. Seems promising
Legit tho, we have like 4 Kawai Rou manga now, none are completed.
I wonder if the scan teams think the endings are shit or something, lost interest

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 1:31AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

If you want to quote more than one quote use the > character. So it would be:
'>>Nested Quote
'>
'>Quote

It without the ' mark it would render:

Nested Quote

Here's a link to the basic form reference post. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5657-forum-post-formatting-basic-markdown-tutorial
It's pinned to the top of the forum so it should be easy to find again for easy reference.

Thanks for the help! Now, I can finally post the way I want to as opposed to saying "sorry, I don't know how to format this" in every post I make! Now, time to test out the double quote thing!

personally, I just want more yuri, and as long as the scanlation is readable/not abysmal, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth... even if that mouth is filthy.

More people and groups scanlating yuri is always a good thing. If HYassin wasn't doing this, some other group would be, and then that group wouldn't be doing what they are doing right now. Time is not an infinite resource, and neither is manpower.

Yeah, that's fair. Even though Hyassin is (allegedly) a piece of crap, I still have to be a bit grateful to them for taking the time to scanlate this thing for us and for making it legible at the very least.

Personally I thought that page was funny, I mean they did spell faggot with an e to show they meant to be comedic. But that's just my opinion

In my opinion, throwing the word "fagget" randomly into something for no reason... is not funny. Using it as an insult in the first place is not a good thing at all. And, you know, this dude seems like a pretty terrible translator (and a terrible person on top of that), so I wouldn't put it past him to make just a dumb misspelling... (if the allegations against him are actually false, I apologize in advance for all my disparaging comments).

Edit: I did it, woo!

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 1:35AM

Be%20my%20baby%20square%20crop%20nana
joined Oct 28, 2014

yeah i'm very unimpressed by this translator's sense of humour

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Aw yiss, always wanted to know what this manga was about. Seems promising
Legit tho, we have like 4 Kawai Rou manga now, none are completed.
I wonder if the scan teams think the endings are shit or something, lost interest

Faust plz, we've talked about this! Don't jinx it! D:

Glad to see this put on here. I really like it. After I read the first chapter a few days ago, I immediately looked up the raws. As far as Vol.1 goes, it's a great read all the way through!

joined Jul 6, 2014

Take a joke people...
Calling someone a fagget is just a joke, not serious. And if you don't like it then ignore it. No one's forcing you to look at the credits page.
Pay attention to the cute yuri instead.
I look forward to more of this adorable series!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Take a joke people...

Lol okay it's not as extreme, but point is, there are good jokes, and bad jokes.
Not every joke is to be tolerated, just because it was made halfheartedly

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 3:02AM

joined Oct 4, 2015

Having people use a slur against your sexuality as joke doesn't feel very nice. There's worse stuff out there, but it'd be nice if offensive slurs weren't used in casually joking manner.

At least not in a community as big as the internet, amongst friends who're all okay with it shrug

X4%20(2)
joined Aug 20, 2016

Um. Hello all; I've been a long time lurker here and really wanted to find a good time to comment. I've seen some good ones lately that I was too slow to respond to.

And, unfortunately; I've chosen this one to make a debut - I find the translator's ad page ...rude and insensitive... to say the least. I've tried to PM on the site listed, but I'm not sure of any outcome.

When I saw the title, I really wanted to read and enjoy this...but that first page is just senseless and ruined my enjoyment.

I'll come back to it later and skip the first page, the story could be fun.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 4:01AM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Too many "comedians" forget that that comedy is a craft. A good joke is constructed and delivered with consideration and at least some degree of forethought. Dropping naked slurs and insults on an audience isn't humor, it's just being an attention-hungry asshole.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 12:59PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

When the punchline of a "joke" is literally "lol you're gay", that's not a fucking joke, there isn't anything comedic there. I don't care what 4chan and its ilk says is acceptable, it's really not.

Even beyond the tasteless slur in the credits, the translation and editing job is so painfully mediocre that this series has almost been ruined for it, which is a terrible shame, as the concept seems pretty good. It is seriously not hard to find people to edit and QC your work, and when your work is as shoddy as this, you desperately need it.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Take a joke people...

slap.jpg

Lol okay it's not as extreme, but point is, there are good jokes, and bad jokes.
Not every joke is to be tolerated, just because it was made halfheartedly

That image gets more poignant by the day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.