Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I feel like I can sympathize with her roommate......

You lazy-ass xD... I'm joking, she's lazy and doesn't do any chores, but when Nanami needed her she was there giving her support :3 she's a good person and that's all that matters.

joined Apr 25, 2013

I don't get what the big deal is. The boyfriend broke up with Kazuki in the first chapter and she got over it pretty quick.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

You lazy-ass xD... I'm joking, she's lazy and doesn't do any chores, but when Nanami needed her she was there giving her support :3 she's a good person and that's all that matters.

Besides, she's unbearably cute!

joined Sep 11, 2014

Lmao this type of roommate is the worst sort of roommate, brings me back to when I was in college

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

"She's an awful person but it's ok because she's pretty" can work in a story, but doesn't fly in real life. That said, Kaede isn't a terrible person. She's very supportive of Kazuki and at least somewhat aware of how her more immature/irresponsible tendencies get on Kazuki's nerves.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 6:14PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

"She's an awful person but it's ok because she's pretty" can work in a story, but doesn't fly in real life. That said, Kaede isn't a terrible person. She's very supportive of Kazuki and at least somewhat aware of how her more immature/irresponsible tendencies get on Kazuki's nerves.

Well, I didn't really mean cute as merely pretty or beautiful. Rather kawaii, or, I don't know... moe? I think that includes the personality traits. And you said that yourself, Kaede isn't a terrible person either. Maybe she is terrible for some people, which is totally legit. But she's just as cute for others, because various people value different aspects of a person in others. And I think Kazuki really likes her in both, the looks and the personality. Or at least that's how I perceived it from the first chapter.
Not saying Kazuki is totally head over heels for Kaede, and isn't bothered by Kaede's laziness. I'm pretty sure we'll see a lot of small and a couple of big quarrels between the two just because of that. But if anything it will only make the bond between them stronger.
And I feel Kazuki needs to feel her superiority in being a "proper hardworking wife". And "lazy" Kaede gives her just that. I don't know if Kazuki realises this herself though, I think that's why they really need each other. They motivate each other to get "better".

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

ohsawa yayoi is my dawg, does anyone know how many chapters have been released

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 8:36PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Like 4 volumes so far?

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Am I the only one tired of the god awful cliche of mangakas being giant useless bums and using their "research" as an excuse to laze around all day? I mean, all productive members of society work as hard (if not harder) than a mangaka and still have to find some sort of balance in their lives, and yet, mangas of all kind treat the mangaka as someone completely dedicated to their art and completely unable to function outside their tiny tiny square of comfort. Is stupid

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I have so many mixed thoughts on this, like I just know I couldn't even for one second tolerate any of the behavior this Kaede girl has showed so far, the adult life tag thing makes this even more palpable. The reaction of Nanami after breaking up with the boyfriend just felt really flat for a so supposedly important plan of her life, and just for what reason would you keep on living in the same house with such a lazy ass person anyways?

Maybe I'm just overthinking this too much and should just take it more lightly I guess.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I'm having terrible SUPER FRIENDLY flashbacks here too. But anyway, they're pretty cute together, so I hope this ends well.

The reaction of Nanami after breaking up with the boyfriend just felt really flat for a so supposedly important plan of her life, and just for what reason would you keep on living in the same house with such a lazy ass person anyways?

I think she didn't care about him all that much, she's only a bit disappointed cause her wedding plans are over.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm hoping this becomes another Stretch so that I can see the rage in this thread.

Kiss%20me!
joined Sep 27, 2015

So cute really enjoying it :)

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

For what it's worth, I've read the later volumes of this and I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up for anything that comes close to yuri... I honestly don't feel like there's any chemistry between either character at all.

The first chapter interested me (especially with the namedrop of her being a lesbian) but it never really goes anywhere. But it's still ongoing, so who knows.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@Shima - that's an interesting take. btw, how would you describe the later chapters in one word: meandering? sluggish? so-so? or schizophrenic?

joined Apr 28, 2016

How long is the series so far?

I'm cool with it just being Cute G̶i̶r̶l̶s 20-Something Women Doing Cute Things, provided it actually has some stuff going on.

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 9:55PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

"who know that such a wonderful relationship that has nothing to do with romantic love would exist." Well there can... But this story will be going somewhere else lol

Exactly! It certainly sounds like she wasn't exactly straight in college and was trying to pass as straight by not being anywhere near her "boyfriend" now that she is in the working world. I expect there will be sparks flying in the later chapters... but who knows...

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 3:17AM

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

"who know that such a wonderful relationship that has nothing to do with romantic love would exist." Well there can... But this story will be going somewhere else lol

Exactly! It certainly sounds like she wasn't exactly straight in college and was trying to pass as straight by not being anywhere near her "boyfriend" now that she is in the working world. I expect there will be sparks flying in the later chapters... but who knows...

No sparks. Only boyfriend flashbacks.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

@Shima - that's an interesting take. btw, how would you describe the later chapters in one word: meandering? sluggish? so-so? or schizophrenic?

Boring tbh. like honestly, nothing really interesting happens? We see a little bit of Nanami's work and Kaede being a mangaka and some other mangaka character and... idk. There wasn't really anything exciting that grabbed my attention for the most part. I like Nanami as a character but a lot of volumes 2-3 focus on Kaede/other mangaka's stuff which I just couldn't care less about.

In the very last chapter of volume 3 there is a hint that maybe something might develop - and I mean a hint. The two of them discuss things like whether they dated in highschool, etc., and Nanami is thinking a lot about how they've never really talked about personal stuff before. Nanami catches Kaede when she almost falls in the train, and is being all 'cool', but also a bit blushy. There's also confirmation here that Nanami dated a girl before! But that's a very long wait for "maybe kinda sorta possibly going to develop into something vaguely resembling yuri, if we're lucky?"

could be a long-burn series but like I said, don't get your hopes up. :P

How long is the series so far?

3 volumes are out so far which is 11ish chapters (and a few extra chapters). Each chapter is like 30-40 pages though.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

BTW, the saddest part about the translation is that you all miss out on how awesome Nanami's "home" accent is. She speaks in a really really strong regional accent when she's not at work, and it's fantastic.

edit: no slight against the TLers meant here either! It's just not possible to translate that!

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 8:06AM

joined Apr 28, 2016

BTW, the saddest part about the translation is that you all miss out on how awesome Nanami's "home" accent is. She speaks in a really really strong regional accent when she's not at work, and it's fantastic.

edit: no slight against the TLers meant here either! It's just not possible to translate that!

I picked up on that when she was yelling at Kaede towards the end of the chapter, as well as earlier when she's talking to her (soon to be ex-)boyfriend. When she gets really emotional she slips further into it.

The translators went with the old "Kansai accent = southern US accent" convention.

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 3:12PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

@Triarius
@Shimapanda
GOD DAMN!

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

So, some girl is into manga, is totally lazy, and is rewarded when she does something vaguely adult like. She's taken care of by her likely-straight best friend who takes her own professional life seriously.

I just don't see the appeal of the characters or story.

1.) Manga artist is the second most overdone character after "high school girl"
2.) They don't have enjoyable chemistry, it's more like seeing an owner and their pet, not something healthy or funny
3.) The art is cute, but based on the first chapter, it doesn't seem like it's going to be going anywhere fast

On the plus side, as I said above, it's nice that it's not high school girls, and the art is good.

joined Oct 12, 2013

likely-straight best friend

I thought in this case the manga artist was the likely-straight one?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This has a lot of stuff I'm really liking. Probably wont care much for the manga artist character though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.