Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh boy. I've been so looking forward to this one.

It's off to work for me first, though. ._.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Ohsawa writing an OL story? I'm in.

that guy, what a douche

He's just mad because he saw the yuri ending coming and figured he'd get the het breakup out of the way in the first chapter.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Can that really be called yuri? It was nice and all, but it seems more like a 'super friends' kind of deal.

It's only chapter 1, it's running in a yuri magazine, and there's already been an overt suggestion that she's a lesbian with an incident in her past.

Recent news about Yuri Hime. It's from September issue.
編集長曰く「百合姫は百合専門誌だと言ったことは一度もない」
TL: Yuri Hime editor: Nobody claimed that Yuri Hime was a yuri magazine

Well, some recent series that ended there were not yuri (mostly subtext) in the end, so... This could be a new Stretch.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Nice to see people are paranoid already.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, you can say that. But it's weird to say that about the magazine with "Yuri" in the title. And just when they are going to become monthly.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 5:35AM

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

All hail platonic relationship

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

NOOO NO more platonic relationships. PLEASE. For the love of all things yuri, I've had to deal with platonic relationships my whole life until recently when being gay became pretty okay! Let them be gay and be gay quickly! NO MORE STRETCH NO MORE STRETCH NO MORE STRETCH >:O

joined Apr 28, 2016

Maybe I'm just insufficiently jaded due to not having read Stretch, but the subtext in the first chapter gives me a lot of hope. There's the old standard "weirdly intimate friendship between women that may or may not be construed as potential romance" (trite, but I love it because I'm yuri trash), but the amount of interest and commitment Kazuki shows towards Kaede seems like an indication of latent homoromanticism (no signs of homosexual interest... yet). The (ex-)boyfriend notices it despite never even seeing the two in person, though he ends up expressing it in the most ass way possible.

I think the long-distance nature of her relationship with Yuuji was a metaphor to Kazuki's emotional distance to it. She's going along with it because she's trying to sculpt her life around the heteronormative hard-working wife ideal: she's doing it because she feels like she's supposed to, not because she personally wants it.

TL;DR It feels like A Room for Two: Post-Grad Edition. Kazuki = Kawawa, Kaede = Kasumi.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 7:34AM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

She had a bf, what a turnoff.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I think this will end in yuri only because the word "lesbo" was said, unlike stretch which has way more teasing but never actually said anything significant about their relationship in the dialogue.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

NOOO NO more platonic relationships. PLEASE. For the love of all things yuri, I've had to deal with platonic relationships my whole life until recently when being gay became pretty okay! Let them be gay and be gay quickly! NO MORE STRETCH NO MORE STRETCH NO MORE STRETCH >:O

Ahaha...
R u screaming a spell?

i think its gonna be a bit boring manga..
Just my opinion..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this will end in yuri only because the word "lesbo" was said, unlike stretch which has way more teasing but never actually said anything significant about their relationship in the dialogue.

She's Chekov's dyke!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I'm liking everything about this, apart from the freeloading child-adult

Yeah so she brought in the washing big woop. Seeing the other woman stress out because of bills and and having a big company job, while this girl cant keep an eye on pasta because shes watching anime is frustrating to reeead. I feel like company woman probably doesn't help the situation by pambering to her (you are totally crushing on your roomie, lol 'platonic friendship' ok) but meh.

Interested to see what route this'll go down!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea I like the setting and I don't mind Kaede being unorganized and childish but common, don't make her into completely inept person. For crying out loud Kazuki can't even tell if she is actually working or not. What a great image of mangaka. I want to like it, but I'm afraid the stuff with Kaede will go really boring really fast and if the solution will be that Kazuki will just take care of her for the rest of her life, then I feel bad for her. I really hope that Kaede will prove to be at least capable in some areas soon (like her work, cos so far they shown it more like she is pretty bad at it too).

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

It's justified in most cases. Including this one.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Can that really be called yuri? It was nice and all, but it seems more like a 'super friends' kind of deal.

It's only chapter 1, it's running in a yuri magazine, and there's already been an overt suggestion that she's a lesbian with an incident in her past.

Well, some recent series that ended there were not yuri (mostly subtext) in the end, so... This could be a new Stretch.

That has to be tongue in cheek.

Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

Burn the fucking heretic.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh that was a sweet read! I really liked Ohsawa-sensei's art. Subscribed!

May be it was too much laziness per human being with Kaede, but in the end she still took care of the laundry and finished her overnight work. And I've come to a conclusion that Kazuki-san, being such a workaholic, likes Kaede exactly because of this laziness. I think she's amused simply by observing how another person can live her life so differently compared to Kazuki's own habits, yet still stay happy and cheerful. Kazuki-san felt to me like a typical perfectionist, so having somebody by her side who's all chilled, relaxed, and lazy helps her to deal with small everyday failures she inevitable makes. I think they really are a good match.

LOL at "something or another" on page 9.

I'm not too aware about manga magazines in Japan - is "Monday" a reference to a real one or is it completely made up?

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 1:17PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Safest way to be. Tiring, tho.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Maybe I'm just insufficiently jaded due to not having read Stretch, but the subtext in the first chapter gives me a lot of hope. There's the old standard "weirdly intimate friendship between women that may or may not be construed as potential romance" (trite, but I love it because I'm yuri trash), but the amount of interest and commitment Kazuki shows towards Kaede seems like an indication of latent homoromanticism (no signs of homosexual interest... yet). The (ex-)boyfriend notices it despite never even seeing the two in person, though he ends up expressing it in the most ass way possible.

I think the long-distance nature of her relationship with Yuuji was a metaphor to Kazuki's emotional distance to it. She's going along with it because she's trying to sculpt her life around the heteronormative hard-working wife ideal: she's doing it because she feels like she's supposed to, not because she personally wants it.

TL;DR It feels like A Room for Two: Post-Grad Edition. Kazuki = Kawawa, Kaede = Kasumi.

She even said she dint want "it" to be exposed, that she deliberately wanted to stay far apart enough to not shine through how she wasnt invested emotionally. It was even specified she wasnt sad, it seemed more like disappointment.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yea I like the setting and I don't mind Kaede being unorganized and childish but common, don't make her into completely inept person. For crying out loud Kazuki can't even tell if she is actually working or not. What a great image of mangaka.

That part feels kind of like mangaka self-deprecating in-joke to me.
Although I do wonder . . . I get the impression this girl is always sending in storyboards but never apparently working on an actual manuscript; is she even getting published?

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 3:19PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

Yea I like the setting and I don't mind Kaede being unorganized and childish but common, don't make her into completely inept person. For crying out loud Kazuki can't even tell if she is actually working or not. What a great image of mangaka.

That part feels kind of like mangaka self-deprecating in-joke to me.
Although I do wonder . . . I get the impression this girl is always sending in storyboards but never apparently working on an actual manuscript; is she even getting published?

She's probably storyboarding for someone else's writing.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I get the impression this girl is always sending in storyboards but never apparently working on an actual manuscript; is she even getting published?

She's a mangaka who hasn't debuted yet...

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

where is the office lady tag? it definitely qualifies.

I already have my hopes high for this one. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

I feel like I can sympathize with her roommate......

To reply you must either login or sign up.