Forum › Sayuri’s Little Sister Is An Angel discussion

joined May 23, 2015

This series is a slow burn. There are a lot of things going on in it, so it takes some time to develop. It develops into something pretty fantastic, though.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I, too, want little sister to do/be something angelic. Right now it's "My little sister is a sis-con cosplayer"

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

This series is a slow burn. There are a lot of things going on in it, so it takes some time to develop. It develops into something pretty fantastic, though.

Yes. Keep in mind that this series will be at LEAST 5 volumes. Therefore it will go slowly, but since it's Itou Hachi, this is completely acceptable.

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

Eh. I don't know how obvious it was for you, but looking at this page, I wasn't really expecting a girl. But then again, Itou Hachi makes all his characters so fluffy and cute, it's kinda hard to tell apart a tomboyish girl and a good-looking guy.

Well, when you are someone who commonly gets mistaken for a man, you grow more conscious of the small details that differentiate between male and female body.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I think Mikoto is dead and she make a deal with god in order to return with her sister. It's going to be dramatic at the end of story.... Kinda scary. I really like the comedy as it be right now...

Well, since this is the work of mighty Hachi-sama, I believe that we will have a happy ending. Cheer :3

last edited at Mar 24, 2016 4:21AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Seems like a fun story so far...I already totally ship the two co-workers, and I fully expect the lil sister to be a catalyst to help our mc discover that she is totally cute ^_^

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

So only lesbians can see the wings? Anyway, yeah, this doesn't bode well for Mikoto. At least Sayuri still has Oga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So only lesbians can see the wings? Anyway, yeah, this doesn't bode well for Mikoto. At least Sayuri still has Oga.

Well, unless (assuming she's dead and not in a coma) it's revealed that having her love fulfilled can convince god to bring her back to life. She came that far via her feelings, maybe she can come the rest of the way via Sayuri's.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Tomboy tag? Oga-san is one, after all...

last edited at Mar 26, 2016 3:21AM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Well, unless (assuming she's dead and not in a coma) it's revealed that having her love fulfilled can convince god to bring her back to life. She came that far via her feelings, maybe she can come the rest of the way via Sayuri's.

That would be nice. Can't wait to see what their mother has to say.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

I actually don't like this. Dense MC's are the worst and this is almost an NTR set up. If you won't take care of your gf's needs there are plenty of people that would.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Shes gotta be dead right? I mean the supernatural tag is there so thats what I'm basing my thoughts on.

I'm thinking coma. It's a pretty common dodge in manga to have a ghost not actually be dead.

It's been a few chapters already. Might be a semicolon.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Shes gotta be dead right? I mean the supernatural tag is there so thats what I'm basing my thoughts on.

I'm thinking coma. It's a pretty common dodge in manga to have a ghost not actually be dead.

Dude, you're killing me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She's a coma, coma, coma, coma, coma comeleon.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Awh, cute!
I look forward to see more chapters!

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

She's a coma, coma, coma, coma, coma comeleon.

This reminds me of a advertisement

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I bought all three volumes on Amazon some months ago, but only bothered to read volume 1 and little bits and pieces of volume 3. (Just kidding, decided to skim a little bit of volume 2 just now)

I won't summarize what I read, but I will list the spoilers that I can remember at the top of my head. Remember that I read this a couple months ago:

Mikoto gets awfully sensitive about the topic of her wings, which is very suspicious.

Sayuri gradually comes to obtain romantic feelings for Mikoto, as if it wasn't obvious enough already.

SPOILERS WITH OGA IN VOLUME 2:

Skimming volume 2 as I write actually. Oga drops a little stuffed bear keychain, which gets picked up by a high school girl named Himeko- who believes Oga to be a boy.

They meet up again, where Himeko finds out Oga is really a girl, but calls her what is essentially in this context, a hermaphrodite. At school, Himeko's friends claim to have seen Himeko and Oga in a cafe together, and they ask if Oga is Himeko's boyfriend.

OF COURSE, to save face, Himeko says yes. She then blackmails Oga into pretending to be her boyfriend for their school cultural festival... at the expense of poor Oga's teddy bear keychain's life!

They go on a date together and end up in a shop that sells cute trinkets. Himeko accepts that while Oga looks like a male on the outside, Oga is really pure on in the inside and very much so feminine in that regard. Himeko also acknowledges that despite her own selfishness, Oga is very kind and will never get mad at her.

As they leave the store, Oga sees Sayuri walking around, and while Oga does not call out to Sayuri, she does let Himeko know of Sayuri's existence. Oga calls Sayuri cute, but Himeko disagrees out of jealousy. Oga clarifies that Sayuri's cuteness actually comes from her personality and not necessarily her appearance... which drives Himeko to even an DEEPER stage of jealousy.

As Himeko is about to rage quit on their date, she nearly falls down a flight of stairs, but Oga catches her in the most cliche pose imaginable. Himeko blushes furiously and her hair is tangled up around a button on Oga's sleeve. Before Himeko runs away, Oga gives Himeko a present from the trinket shop. Of course, we see here that Himeko is totally swept off her feet.

Not going to finish reading, but the later parts of the volume are about Oga's backstory and some "stripping" accident with Himeko. It's not as naughty or dark as I'm making it out to be, though.

SPOILERS FROM VOLUME 3:

There is a new character (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me) introduced and she is a photographer. She is immediately enticed by Mikoto's angelic appearance (huehue) and becomes INSANELY OBSESSED WITH HER... gradually, that is.

Meanwhile, Sayuri is falling more and more in love with Mikoto and is coming to accept it as well. However, this is some really poor timing because this new photographer lady takes much of Mikoto's time away from Sayuri.

Lots of bad vibes from this creepy stalker obsessed photographer lady.

And at the end of the volume... photographer lady tries to push herself onto Mikoto. However, Mikoto makes it super clear that her love belongs to Sayuri, and Sayuri only. Photographer lady does not take no for an answer and forces a kiss on Mikoto, which Sayuri witnesses... aaand cliffhanger ensues.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 10:16AM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

How nice that the part-timer turned out to be female. I was afraid I had walked into a yuri manga only to not actually ship a yuri pairing. That would've been awkward.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yuri-ism will release Volume 2 today!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Volume 2 was pretty nice tbh. I would have liked to know more of Sayuri and Mikoto's progress, but Oga's arc is interesting too, nice to finally see what depth to her Hachi had planned, rather than just a friendly and attractive androgynous girl. I'm eagerly waiting for volume 3 now, it's pretty chill :3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The chapters about Oga are cute.

But I can't shake the feeling that Mikoto has been dead for a year and that she's a spirit, like Fuko in Clannad.

People can see her, touch her, interact with her, but she's an illusion that will be dispelled and forgotten once she gets what she wants. Sex with her sister?

joined May 23, 2015

Oh, right, it's volume 2 where they casually mention that Mikoto was very sickly and never came to school, until one day she suddenly started coming every day. Around the same time she appeared in front of Sayuri.

It's really skimmed over, thrown in as an aside, but is pretty clearly important foreshadowing.

joined Oct 12, 2013

They just gave Oga her own schoolgirl though, Mikoto can't be dead because there's no one else left to pair Sayuri with.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Himeko. <3 Love 'em tsundere ! Though, if I were to meet such a girl in real life, she'd probably annoy the crap out of me, but in mangas, they always seems so cute and amusing. :3

joined Jun 12, 2015

To reply you must either login or sign up.