Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

the lacing of fingers.

I'm expecting one of those 'NSFW'-esque warnings on the next issue

When IS the next issue, anyway?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Just saying at the age of 20 she will be a dangerous person, not that she isn't one already lmao
But I guess it's not as worse as that one anime (forgot the name) about a teacher and like elementary school kids. There were 3 girls? And one of them blond with pigtails had a major "crush" on him cause you know in Japan kid at that age worrying about love and crushes already. Anyways that anime was the creepiest for saw 3 eps and could not finish that shit lol worse part was that I think there was a 2nd season? Anyways it least manga the main is more close to the kids age... Still creepy tho not much of a huge fan of this. I like age gap but when it gets weird like this it's kind a err walking away slowly lol

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, as long as it stays pure love (hugs and hand holding), I don't have any qualms.

As soon as she starts to lust for an elementary student and do "this and that" with her, I get queasy, because it's less cute and more creepy.

It's the just the alien feeling of that kind of setting which is unsettling.

It's not something that fits well with the western mindset of "children are sacred and sexualizing them is a crime". It's with that kind of manga that you realize the cultural gap with Japan about what's acceptable or not in fiction.

But tbh, it doesn't seem it will go that way. I think it will stay in safe territory and not go beyond a nosebleed. It doesn't look like "that" kind of manga.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 9:55AM

joined Mar 5, 2016

i'm not so sure that comics sexualising children are actually accepted in japan as a whole, it's mainly in nerd circles for whatever strange reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i'm not so sure that comics sexualising children are actually accepted in japan as a whole, it's mainly in nerd circles for whatever strange reason.

I think what's really interesting here is that the story doesn't sexualize her at all. Thus far at least, she hasn't been drawn in a particularly seductive fashion, nor has she done anything particularly sexual (although the smell one could be debatable I guess). Rather, the story is about a character who's looking at a child with lustful eyes and having epic freakouts over it. I don't think we, as the readers, are intended to find Yuzu sexy at all, so it occupies a different space from lolicon stuff.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

almond posted:

I don't think it's accepted either. If you were caught with a SOFTCHARM type manga in hand, most Japanese people would look at you in utter disgust and would cut off any contact with you.

BUT, on the other hand, they know it exists, they know some people make them and others enjoy them, but as long as it's not publicly displayed, they will do as if it doesn't exist. It's tolerated as long as it doesn't disturb the "harmony" of society.

In the West, it's less tolerated, because "slippery slope".

But I don't think (though I don't have numbers) that crimes involving children are happening more often in Japan because it tolerates such fictions.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 10:23AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

When I was in japan, there were ads for loli games and mangas in Akiba like for any other kind, they don't "hide" them more than any 18+ stuff. I'd say main difference between japan and western countries is mostly that save from a few "hardcore" otakus (the kind who's all about marrying waifus for real and so on), they know that it's just fiction and that enjoying fiction and drawing is not the same as enjoying the actual real thing.

Interestingly, western people manages to do that dissociation when it's about killing, but whenever things involves children in a somewhat sexualized situation, people goes berserk, sometimes from pretty much nothing (as Nezchan said, the only somewhat sexualized thing that happened so far was the teaser with Yuzumori sniffing Mimika's chest) and yet, people react like Mimika did all sort of unthinkable things to Yuzumori...

There's some sort of weird gap in mentality... I remember when skyrim got released, an awful lot of people complained about the fact you couldn't kill the child character in there and after a few mods got out, you could see in several place, including the wikis, people discussing in great detail how they kept killing the childs in "inventive" ways, all in a cheerful, casual way and nobody ever went "you guys are sick in the head !"

It's all fiction, involving fictional characters. If that still disturbs you, it's fine, that's your own sensitivity and we all have our own, but don't go on a crusade like that for something so minor as this manga. That's pretty much over reacting and patronizing. Just stop reading, it's not like people will force you to keep reading this manga or any other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Interestingly, western people manages to do that dissociation when it's about killing, but whenever things involves children in a somewhat sexualized situation, people goes berserk, sometimes from pretty much nothing (as Nezchan said, the only somewhat sexualized thing that happened so far was the teaser with Yuzumori sniffing Mimika's chest) and yet, people react like Mimika did all sort of unthinkable things to Yuzumori...

Well, Mimika has made it clear she wants to do all sorts of unthinkable things to Yuzumori and is barely holding herself back. That's why she freaks out so much. But again, it's a story about that sort of person, not a story about a child being sexy for the audience.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's all fiction, involving fictional characters. If that still disturbs you, it's fine, that's your own sensitivity and we all have our own, but don't go on a crusade like that for something so minor as this manga. That's pretty much over reacting and patronizing. Just stop reading, it's not like people will force you to keep reading this manga or any other.

People are allowed to read, think about, comment on, and even complain about whatever they want. You and others may not like it, but that's how it is.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Interesting then that I saw a lot of comments around being moderated because they're about people prefering some other pairing other the one depicted by the doujin/picture concerned (and nope, never been moderated myself, I don't indulge into pairing wars, but kinda feel like double standars there).

I have no qualm with people not liking it, but it feels that this manga gets a lot of hate for barely any reason. Meh, should probably just enjoy the manga and stop bothering with the comments.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Interesting then that I saw a lot of comments around being moderated because they're about people prefering some other pairing other the one depicted by the doujin/picture concerned (and nope, never been moderated myself, I don't indulge into pairing wars, but kinda feel like double standars there).

Interesting then that you saw a lot of disruptive comments that were flagrantly off-topic for the images and chapters they were placed on, and frequent enough to demand unusual action be taken. That doesn't apply here, because the most disruption seems to be people wanting to shut up those talking about the age gap issue, which is a central part of the story. It's fully on topic and relevant to the story the author is telling.

Not a very strong "gotcha" there. Better luck next time.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Rather, the story is about a character who's looking at a child with lustful eyes and having epic freakouts over it. I don't think we, as the readers, are intended to find Yuzu sexy at all, so it occupies a different space from lolicon stuff.

And as mentioned before this is my main problem with it Yuzu acts like a normal kid and is not at all sexualized by the story so I see her as a normal kid meaning it gets really creepy where the other girl goes all freak-out mode on her.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I am enjoying it as long as it does not become nsfw. with just 2 chapters out it is too early to be passing judgments on Mimika. The girl has yet to sort out her feelingz zura!

last edited at Jul 18, 2016 2:04AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Rather, the story is about a character who's looking at a child with lustful eyes and having epic freakouts over it. I don't think we, as the readers, are intended to find Yuzu sexy at all, so it occupies a different space from lolicon stuff.

And as mentioned before this is my main problem with it Yuzu acts like a normal kid and is not at all sexualized by the story so I see her as a normal kid meaning it gets really creepy where the other girl goes all freak-out mode on her.

To be fair, the only part I've found seriously creepy was this here, and I'm pretty certain the author wanted us to be creeped out by that. The rest, like I said before, is basically Shinozaki-san with different subject matter. She'll continue going so far over the top the Juno probe is in danger of hitting her, but pretty much everyone else in her life (probably including Yuzu) is oblivious to it.

I was seriously surprised she didn't masturbate with that hand once the door was closed though. The sort of story this seems to be satirizing (If I'm reading it right) would definitely have that scene.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can understand them, in essence, I absolutly love this but damm, some of those panels are choosen very poorly

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch0_2#4

I don't think it's chosen poorly at all - I don't like that panel but I mean it was deliberate - like nez commented I think the author, while mainly staying in the cute funny side, wants a few bits that seem a bit creepy so the reader feels a bit uncomfortable with it.

And the panel is over the top deliberately i think - it's not a very realistic mental image of hugging lol - and Mimika resisted the temptation to do so either way.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I want an age gap manga about a college student and a college professor :/ we don't see those often. Hell while high school ones are still creepy at least a lot more acceptable than mangas that sexualizes 5-10 year olds (not saying this one has gotten to that point yet but well it's still questionable lol). There's a reason why I avoid those sort of mangas like the plegue lol
This one started out somewhat cute heck the girl seems somewhat older in the previous 0.1 chapters but then it started getting weirder and a weirder to the point where it's kind of cringing lol (I feel like these resent chapters they made her look much younger as well? Maybe I'm overthinking it)
I do love the art tho it's different but the story seems to be getting a bit more creepy lol

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Reading all the people here, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Creepy tag here in the future .-.

joined Sep 19, 2015

It's creepy in order to convey the way this character is feeling during the struggle of restraining herself. Also, because it's so over-the-top it's a bit funny.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

LOL Mimika calm down your pedo levels are showing. Gosh the facial expressions are amazing in this.

Will people stop calling this creepy?? Geez it's not like some old man and a little girl.

Plus I don't think this manga is going to go in a lewd direction, I'm quite content with yuzumori-san teasing Mimika and driving her crazy, whether she's doing it on purpose or not (gosh I hope it's on purpose) I really like those sexy/funny situations.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 4:56PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

it didnt look so creepy at the start, good that she didnt start masturbating there at the end...

I thought she was going to do that as well.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 5:18PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I want an age gap manga about a college student and a college professor...

The closest thing on Dynasty I can think of is Edible Flowers, which is about a college student and a 30 year-old OL.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This isn't creepy at all, Happy Sugar Life is way creepier,come on.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This isn't creepy at all, Happy Sugar Life is way creepier,come on.

Yeah but that's MEANT to be creepy because everyone in that series is fucked up beyond all belief, I get the feeling that this isnt.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I dunno why everyone's so surprised that people want a lolicon tag on this, this is the lewdest thing on dynasty right now

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That Mimika chick definitively needs some cops watching over her
But maaan, watching her losing the battle of endurance against the loli was pretty damn amusing

To reply you must either login or sign up.