Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

HyperKunoichi
White_mage
joined Feb 28, 2013

...I am enjoying this way more than I probably should.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If it's yuri, it's ok.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

The story comes across as creepy because nothing has been done to "legitimize" Mimika's attraction to Yuzumori. Yuzumori doesn't show any signs of reciprocating Mimika's feelings. In fact, she seems supremely unaware that those feelings even exist, as a middle school child would be.

That brings me to the second point, Yuzumori is a surprisingly accurate portrayal of a young girl despite being the love interest in a lolicon story. A lot of readers will be able to relate her to young children they know in real life, which makes them much less reticent to put her in sexual or even romantic contexts.

Finally, most of the story focuses on Mimika and her attraction to a small child, rather than on the child herself. You get an unfiltered view into Mimika's fixations around Yuzumori's character, and due to the aforementioned lack of reciprocation and Yuzumori's authenticity of childishness, it comes across as very stalker-ish, borderline predatory behavior.

The best part: I think deep down, Mimika has always been aware of her feelings and of how inappropriate they are. There's a distinct sense of guilt that's present here that is conveniently left out of most lolicon stories. I get the feeling that she's not as dense as she let on earlier in the story, being willfully oblivious to the concept of love. She was simply doing mental gymnastics to avoid confronting her feelings. This is why she's taken aback when Shi-Chan rolls up, says "Fuck that noise," instantly spells out those feelings and shoves Mimika's face in it (which in turn is why Shi-Chan is awesome).

TL;DR Nabokov would be proud.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 9:43AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

If it's yuri, it's ok.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Lol, she is a far cry from any childlike behaviour i had to deal with in my life

joined Apr 28, 2016

Lol, she is a far cry from any childlike behaviour i had to deal with in my life

I meant she has a strong sense of innocence about her.

I could have worded my original explanation better...

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I meant she has a strong sense of innocence about her.

I could have worded my original explanation better...

Your explanation was exceptionally well-worded. Yuzumori is a perfect representation of how a quiet child acts around an adult who doesn't know what to do with them.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

i see conflicted feelings everywhere

joined Jun 12, 2015

"Are you a lolicon then?"
Oh god! I was waiting for that qestion! And all these Mimika's reactions are gold.

If it's yuri, it's ok.

This. The ultimate answer.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Last page :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Asking the right questions!!! She could've said "Are you lesbian?" but the most important fact is... XD

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 10:16AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

This is too good, I just need MORE of this.

By the way, how about a cease-fire between those who find this creepy and who are repeating it, and those who tell them to get the fuck out of there ? I mean, can't we just enjoy this ^^

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 10:22AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Utoptia posted:

This is too good, I just need MORE of this.

By the way, how about a cease-fire between those who find this creepy and who are repeating it, and those who tell them to get the fuck out of there ? I mean, can't we just enjoy this ^^

Don't worry about them, it's been 3 chapters already and if they keep reading they obviously like it and are trying in vain to look shocked, and replaying to them is like replying to a troll.

Ss%20(2016-08-15%20at%2001.20.40)
joined Jun 23, 2013

If it's yuri, it's ok.

that's some nice words of wisdom my friend

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

What's that from?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Don't worry about them, it's been 3 chapters already and if they keep reading they obviously like it and are trying in vain to look shocked, and replaying to them is like replying to a troll.

Ah, the "protest too much" crowd. Gotcha.

What's that from?

It was already answered, but the context was the (lolicon) maid watching the high school girl and grade school witch flirt.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 11:54AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

What's that from?

It was already answered, but the context was the (lolicon) maid watching the high school girl and grade school witch flirt.

Also, said maid was lusting after another loli character in a more sexual way that Mimika here and don't recall people complaining about it at the time of the serialization. ^^;

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

... Holy crap this friend of hers is like, the best.

joined Apr 28, 2016

What's that from?

Also, said maid was lusting after another loli character in a more sexual way that Mimika here and don't recall people complaining about it at the time of the serialization. ^^;

Because that series was a lolicon-fest from the start, so anyone that wasn't a fan of the genre knew to drop it very early on.

Yuzumori-san is a story about a high school girl who is a lolicon, but I'd argue that it isn't an actual lolicon story... at least not yet. It stands on the threshold of becoming one, and we "detractors" want to see which direction it goes.

If you'd like, I can go over to Majyo to Houki's discussion thread and write a short essay on why I personally dropped the series halfway through due to the author gradually abandoning the entire cast's original characterizations and eventually losing the plot altogether.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 12:32PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Those first three chapters along with the teasers pretty much set the tone right away here as well, though : Mimika being all flustered about Yuzumori who teases her intentionally or not. Doubt it'll suddenly go for Mimika deciding that "this is wrong" and stop seeing Yuzumori altogether. ^^;

Also, I'm just pointing out that this one get much more heat in just three chapters (plus three teasers) than majyo did in its entire serialization here, which I find surprising, but probably due to the fact that this one doesn't treat the whole thing as a joke.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 12:36PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

Of course Yuzumori and Mimika will continue to interact. But there are a lot of different ways those interactions can play out.

In all honesty, it'll probably end in lolicon. I'm just personally hoping it takes a more novel route.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 12:45PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

In all honesty, it'll probably end in lolicon. I'm just personally hoping it takes a more novel route.

Well if they end up together, I'd see it after a time skip, it may end in loli, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Or plot twist : Yuzumori is way older than she looks and is teasing Mimika since the beginning.

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 12:48PM

joined Aug 19, 2012

If loli bothers you just stop here and don't read it. These are fictional characters, and not like its hard to find non-loli yuri stuff

last edited at Jul 26, 2016 12:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.