Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

She isn't clingy to it as desperately now. She accepts that losing is an option, and at the same time chooses to keep Yurine as her goal.
What changed is Ayaka's self acceptance

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The few chapters that focus on the protagonists of this series remind me of how little i care for em, they are so... boring.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This episode is not tsundere, it's them getting a real relationship started.

I actually love the 2 main characters. Their relationship started with the genius molesting the hard-worker, then telling her anyone remotely like her would do. It's only in this chapter they've addressed that at all and started to get around it. and she's even told the self-centered genius THE secret - that she's sick of her mother's s__t.

ps. still "Yuri, ne?"

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 7:52PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I thought about "Dai-ski-na-no"… Probably Arigatou, though, yeah.

Anyway, how do you interpret the last two pages? It kinda confused me… She thinks it's fine to not be the best, but she still wants to defeat Yurine? Does it just mean she accepts all the contradictory parts of herself?

I think that's exactly it. Recognizes the conflict and accepts it.

Yurine is backing off the "I guess" (anyone who challenged me would do) thing, and she's backing off their previous rules. Now it's like "I am sincere" and "This is how it will be, then,"

this running away arc has made this one of my favorite yuri comics.

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 7:51PM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Awhhh Yishhh

" I love You "
I'm sure that's what she said

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

#TeamArigato

140128864_3659815120778708_7148561155374491582_n
joined Jul 14, 2016

Did they just stay at the beach over night?? isn't it cold!?

joined Oct 2, 2015

did anyone NOTICE that Shiramine had the hat that Kurosawa brought on in ch.23 page 12 and so on?

does that mean althought Shiramine told her to go away she actually doesn't mind for her to be there (kind of obvious). I really like the little detail the author put there.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

fucking finally some form of feeling disclosure

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

page14: You can see the hat but at the lower right panel, it's missing.

I interpreted the last page as Ayaka being herself once again. She just needed to vent her frustrations. That's kinda sad, if you think about it.

On another note, that title page spread is awesome.

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 11:40PM

joined Aug 6, 2015

Good stuff.

Reminder that this arc started with a school newsletter interview with Ayaka. I wonder exactly how much of this she ended up telling to the information committee? I wonder what she'll let slip and what kind of article is going to come out of it.

Should provide for some entertaining reactions when it gets published for the whole school to see.

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

Sweet

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It took me 10 seconds to understand it was "Arigatou".

The others don't make much sense and are quite out of character.

joined May 19, 2016

I was wishing it was aishiteru... I thought it was daisuki nano too but... Whatev, when I saw the arigatous here it was like... Ok.
Damn... I kinda teared up... This was heartbreaking for Ayaka. Though the forehead kiss was so.... Mmmpohhhhskhhadjjh ... And I still love how Ayaka and Mizuki care for each other. Mizuki loves Ayaka more than her mom would. I hope this doesn't end too soon...

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

Mom in question.. You had one job. You had it for over a decade, yet you still don't see the problems in your kid.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I didn't know she was saying something and thought she was just having a really awkward time resisting kissing Kurosawa's forehead before giving in.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I thought she was taking an awkward deep breath before kissing Kurosawa's forehead when she was actually saying "Arigatou".
That scene was pretty sweet.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I interpreted the last page as Ayaka being herself once again. She just needed to vent her frustrations. That's kinda sad, if you think about it.

Not quite… Her competitive spirit is back, but going by that panel of the little her hugging Yurine's hat, something's definitely changed in her state of mind. As Faust said, she doesn't sound as desperate about it anymore.

Reminder that this arc started with a school newsletter interview with Ayaka. I wonder exactly how much of this she ended up telling to the information committee? I wonder what she'll let slip and what kind of article is going to come out of it.

Should provide for some entertaining reactions when it gets published for the whole school to see.

I wouldn't be surprised if she had told them something quite different from what we were shown. :þ

…Which reminds me that there are only two chapters left to wrap up Sawa and Itsuki's arc. Wonder how Canno will do that.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 6:34AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Not quite… Her competitive spirit is back, but going by that panel of the little her hugging Yurine's hat, something's definitely changed in her state of mind. As Faust said, she doesn't sound as desperate about it anymore.

It feels like she accepted that part of herself. And similar to what Faust said, she still wants her mother's acknowledgement but she isn't so focused on it anymore.

When I said that Ayaka's being herself once again, I meant her being a competitive person in general.

I really like Ayaka and Yurine's relationship. They're not dependent on each other but they support the other when needed.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Has anyone else found page 13 unexpectedly dark? First Ayaka declares she wants to "go to the sea", then she tries to get Yurine to stop following her, and once there, she claims she did not want to "see" it, in the first palce. For what other purpose would a teenager driven to a breaking point by her parents' unrealistically high expectations and lack of affection go to the ocean all alone?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koveras posted:

Has anyone else found page 13 unexpectedly dark? First Ayaka declares she wants to "go to the sea", then she tries to get Yurine to stop following her, and once there, she claims she did not want to "see" it, in the first palce. For what other purpose would a teenager driven to a breaking point by her parents' unrealistically high expectations and lack of affection go to the ocean all alone?

Just a change of pace? I once skipped school, and went up to a hill and stayed there... Ate my lunch still in my uniform, saw the cars coming and going in the distance and then came back home... I was feeling really tired.

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

gotta change the font. i thought http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch23#2 said anal stop.. or is it just me?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just a change of pace? I once skipped school, and went up to a hill and stayed there... Ate my lunch still in my uniform, saw the cars coming and going in the distance and then came back home... I was feeling really tired.

It could be any number of reasons, indeed. I was just wondering whether the thought of Ayaka acting in a suicidal manner (perhaps unconsciously and not all that seriously, i.e. in more of a cry-for-help way, which Yurine heard) has crossed anyone else's mind in that scene. I may be reading too deeply into it, but good stories often have several layers of meaning and it's fun trying to figure them out.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 2:11PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

NaitoZekkyou posted:

gotta change the font. i thought http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch23#2 said anal stop.. or is it just me?

It's just you. You have a dirty mind :P

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

NaitoZekkyou posted:

It's just you. You have a dirty mind :P

Maybe that is the influence but when I checked the page I read it as anal stop too. But then again my eye sight is terrible so that is nothing new...

Also nothing beats Anal Shop. Best character in entire manga. Sadly rest of it is totally crap.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 3:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.