Forum › Citrus discussion

Naotoicon3v2
joined Oct 14, 2013

Ah man... I was kind of expecting the "visiting my father" scene to be executed better. It felt choppy to me, maybe because it was right after they left Momokino. It was also cheesy..?

Though what got me just going "what." mostly was Yuzu bawling her eyes out because she believes Mei really doesn't feel the same way. I mean, yeah, that would be unfortunate but was that really a moment to be crying? It doesn't cross to me that Yuzu is actually in love with Mei when she does that, mainly because I think that if she did love her, she'd simply be happy that Mei was smiling during that moment. Seriously, the poor girl rarely, if ever, smiles!

Or maybe it's just me. They're only high schoolers anyway, so I might be too serious with this but agghhhh Yuzu get a hold of yourself girl! o<-<

joined May 23, 2013

this is my prediction..Mei will be staying home because of her sickness of fever, Yuzu will stay by herself with mei, to look after her....she will sleep on top of her to keep her warm and to get rid of mei's fever...things will get hot in this scenes cause things go far...they have their scene on bed...XD I hope that is what happens and not that poor Mei goes to the hospital too and out of pity the father shows up...I want more yuri love....the dad...he should just forgive Mei for whatever happen and get it over it. If he molested her, he better not...hes going to jail. Which is a bad prediction because I think it has to do more with Mei's mom....or something that happen in the past....about the amusement park i dunno if Mei will be capable of going cause of her fever...Harumi should take Hime to the amusement park so that yuzu and mei spend some quality time together without interruption. Harumi an Hime will probably arrived to the amusement park and no Mei and Yuzu? where are they....alone in a room ;)

last edited at Oct 18, 2013 11:41AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Ah man... I was kind of expecting the "visiting my father" scene to be executed better. It felt choppy to me, maybe because it was right after they left Momokino. It was also cheesy..?

Though what got me just going "what." mostly was Yuzu bawling her eyes out because she believes Mei really doesn't feel the same way. I mean, yeah, that would be unfortunate but was that really a moment to be crying? It doesn't cross to me that Yuzu is actually in love with Mei when she does that, mainly because I think that if she did love her, she'd simply be happy that Mei was smiling during that moment. Seriously, the poor girl rarely, if ever, smiles!

Or maybe it's just me. They're only high schoolers anyway, so I might be too serious with this but agghhhh Yuzu get a hold of yourself girl! o<-<

Less of a "she doesn't love me back", and more of a, "if I want her to be happy, I can't love her now, because that's not what she needs", so the avenue is (seemingly) closed forever. That probably won't end up being the case in the end, though.

joined Oct 16, 2013

Can somebody tell me if Citrus is published weekly?
I don't think I can survive more than that...

joined May 23, 2013

Yuri Hime is publish bi-monthly every two months and now Yuri Project has catch up ^^; so chp 7 will be publish in mid november . No worries Yuri project is preparing a extra special from citrus to calm the absence of this wonderful manga

joined Oct 16, 2013

Yuri Hime is publish bi-monthly every two months and now Yuri Project has catch up ^^; so chp 7 will be publish in mid november . No worries Yuri project is preparing a extra special from citrus to calm the absence of this wonderful manga

Thank you so much!

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I thought she was crying more because she felt bad for being so ridiculous with the whole notion of love when obviously Mei needed family more. I think she generally felt kinda stupid at that point =w=

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Thank you so much!

ditto on the update. this series is fantastic. kinda sucks that it is bi-monthly. I hope that once it's finished, the tankoubon gets sold in the states.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

i agree with Kitty Kat, Yuzu seemed more like she was crying because she felt so guilty and stupid for trying to push herself onto Mei. Mei was probably crying because she felt bad for being so cold to Yuzu.

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

and now I should brace myself as I feel Yuzu will try to be a "family" with Mei as she now think that's what she needed.

Personally I'm amaze with individuals who can do everything for the one they love to the point that they would chose to be the best friend forever or in yuzu's case a sister just to make them happy or to be with them forever, I thought that would be a torture to yourself, how can you bare that?

joined Oct 19, 2013

Is it just me or it's clear to every-one that Momokino? (Vice-President) have sex with Mei (unwillingly on Mei's part)? I felt like Mei doesn't know this kind of sexual relation, like she's didn't think much or it. She doesn't know that she's being taking advantage of even though it's clear that she doesn't want to be, but either way she lets it happens. This girl is so fragile, I feel kind of scared to know more about her past (she just lets everybody feel her up...). Maybe, I'm just thinking too much lol.

last edited at Oct 19, 2013 1:34PM

Sotcf17
joined Oct 19, 2013

I would love for Citrus to get an American release in stores. I was going to buy the Japanese version, but it'd be great if I could actually hold it and read it.

last edited at Oct 19, 2013 7:23PM

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

I went from hahahaha to cryyyyyyy.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

I went from hahahaha to cryyyyyyy.

+1

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

Is it just me or it's clear to every-one that Momokino? (Vice-President) have sex with Mei (unwillingly on Mei's part)? I felt like Mei doesn't know this kind of sexual relation, like she's didn't think much or it. She doesn't know that she's being taking advantage of even though it's clear that she doesn't want to be, but either way she lets it happens. This girl is so fragile, I feel kind of scared to know more about her past (she just lets everybody feel her up...). Maybe, I'm just thinking too much lol.

I don't know, but I can't think of someone being experience fret over an indirect kiss, that actually make them more innocent to me.

Sotcf17
joined Oct 19, 2013

I don't know, but I can't think of someone being experience fret over an indirect kiss, that actually make them more innocent to me.

I think she's a lot more innocent than she leads on. In my opinion, she puts up a front and keeps people out.

I got this thought from when Mei kissed Yuzu to shut her up on the bed, Yuzu says something like "You're terrible!" And Mei says, "Maybe I am."

last edited at Oct 20, 2013 3:21PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Well, the indirect kiss thing was referring to Momokino's reaction to Harumin and Yuzu's 'feeding each other' scene, which does suggest a lack of experience on Momokino's part. From my perspective, it does make more sense to assume that Momokino's attempt in ch.5 was only an 'attempted rape' scene than that Mei actually let her go all the way with it.

joined Apr 7, 2013

I am guessing that more likely what happened is Momokino probably tried to hug or kiss her, or similar, and when she was brushed off, she changed the story up a bit before passing it on to Yuzu. I don't think anything too terribly awful has happened so far during the series. I am just wondering what is going on with Mei and her father. It could be as simple as "He is never home, and I want him to be proud."

joined Apr 7, 2013

Less of a "she doesn't love me back", and more of a, "if I want her to be happy, I can't love her now, because that's not what she needs", so the avenue is (seemingly) closed forever. That probably won't end up being the case in the end, though.

I would not say the avenue is closed. More like there are speed bumps.

The end result at this point is more clear to the reader than it is to the characters involved. At this point, Mei has made a number of things clear. Yuzu just hasn't caught on to those things.

She did finally catch on though, that for the moment at least, Mei does need exactly what she stated at the grave: Someone to protect her. For the moment, she needs a big sister more than a girlfriend.

joined Oct 19, 2013

Well, the indirect kiss thing was referring to Momokino's reaction to Harumin and Yuzu's 'feeding each other' scene, which does suggest a lack of experience on Momokino's part. From my perspective, it does make more sense to assume that Momokino's attempt in ch.5 was only an 'attempted rape' scene than that Mei actually let her go all the way with it.

that's what i was thinking. mei also let the teacher from chapter 1 to felt her up and she obviously wasn't willing to. when she kissed Yuzu or something she was like 'isnt that what (all) you want". that why's I believe there's more than just 'my father is not with me'.

Sotcf17
joined Oct 19, 2013

that's what i was thinking. mei also let the teacher from chapter 1 to felt her up and she obviously wasn't willing to. when she kissed Yuzu or something she was like 'isnt that what (all) you want". that why's I believe there's more than just 'my father is not with me'.

So you think that Mei's father may have molested her or something?

joined May 23, 2013

that better not be the case cause Mei will be stupid for still loving a disgusting father for doing those horrible things to her daughter. Mei is not that gullible, it has to do with the mom or with something Mei did to make dad upset.

joined Oct 19, 2013

No, not by her father. But I definitely think she was (or may have been) molested.

last edited at Oct 21, 2013 4:36PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

that better not be the case cause Mei will be stupid for still loving a disgusting father for doing those horrible things to her daughter. Mei is not that gullible, it has to do with the mom or with something Mei did to make dad upset.

I thought it could be that the dad was upset about her being groomed to take over her grandfather's job as well as being engaged to that older teacher. Then after Yuzu gets the grandpa to the hospital and he hasn't returned, that letter showing up could be a result of the two older men talking and Mei's dad trying to, possibly, reconnect with his daughter. (Not to mention what Yuzu's mom might be telling him on the side.)

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really like the front cover art for the special. Actually, I like all the art. We're caught up on releases, right? So we have to wait for the yuri hime release mid november + a week or so for those awesome speedy editors.

I'm really considering buffing up my skills and starting editing. I've done a lot of photoshop for magazines and GIS, I just never felt quite confident enough to start on manga. I guess I'll start practicing. I really appreciate Yuri Project for getting great series like this out at top speed, so I better start contributing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.