Forum › Citrus discussion

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Oh, I'd forgotten about this manga. Glad to see it updated!

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

Cryyyyyyy

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch05#31
Rejecting the omu-rice or eating together or both? D:

joined Jul 17, 2013

I love Momokino - v - <3

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

/sees a Citrus release on main page

"Oh hey, a new chap--"

/notices Chapter ❺ tacked on to the end

"--oh."

/has already read chapter 6, and for anyone flipping over chapter 5's ending, no worries--there's a pleasant suprise waiting for you in chapter 6...followed by a cruel cliffhanger. Goddamn it, Saburo Uta, making me wait until November to pick up chapter 7.

ALSO: What an odd debate in this discussion section. I'd rather not get into it.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

FINALLY AN UPDATE, JESUS CHRIST.

But I love the angst in this so much sob

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... I don't like the Vice-President. She seems to be a bitch... Well, bitch implying as the bad girl that is hindering their relationship further more. Mei and Yuzu... Kyaa!! Well, when they kissed but seeing Yuzu's expression near the end, got me all sad. "None of my business, huh." then walks away...

Well, I'm eager to see the next chapter. Anyone knows where I can DL it?

Spoiler Question: Is the girl friend of the best friend of Yuzu a beauty when glasses are taken off?

joined Jul 8, 2013

Can somebody explain to me how I read chapter 6 already if chapter 5 supposedly just came out?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can somebody explain to me how I read chapter 6 already if chapter 5 supposedly just came out?

We will only upload the complete Yuri Project releases. Until it is posted on yuriproject.net, we do not consider it released. That is all.

last edited at Oct 11, 2013 10:44PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

/sees a Citrus release on main page

"Oh hey, a new chap--"

/notices Chapter ❺ tacked on to the end

"--oh."

/has already read chapter 6, and for anyone flipping over chapter 5's ending, no worries--there's a pleasant suprise waiting for you in chapter 6...followed by a cruel cliffhanger. Goddamn it, Saburo Uta, making me wait until November to pick up chapter 7.

ALSO: What an odd debate in this discussion section. I'd rather not get into it.

This is exactly how I feel right now, down to the very additional note haha.

On a side note, I'm really glad Saburo Uta really does take the time to make and create all the details. Citrus makes me feel angsty and fluffy at the same time. I'm literally clutching my chest every time I finish because of those darn cliffhangers!

Also, I don't get the cliffhanger?!?!? I'm so sorry YP, I love you guys, but I couldn't stop myself this time! I beg forgiveness!
This is really spoiler-y, please please please don't be curious and just click lol: I feel like Mei is crying because she's realizing just how "dumb" she's been acting towards her own father, especially when Yuzu doesn't even have one anymore. I guess it's like when you finally realize what matters is still there, so it's time to reconcile? I kinda thought Mei was going all Electra-complex-y (aka has a thing for her dad) on me, but probably not. Thankfully. Maybe. Hopefully it stays yuri.
The last two pages had me clutch clutch clutching for my feels. (Chp6.) Sorry guys, I won't be sharing because it's literally a Google click away, and I don't want to be that jerk.

Well, I'm all for Harumin x Yuzu. Sorry, apparently Harumin has a love interest??? Ugh, why'd I spoil myself.

last edited at Oct 12, 2013 1:30AM

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

Well after reading all those comments...

I thank you yuriproject and dynasty-scans for all of this, I hope you won't have enough and keep on with your works, Kudos to all of you guys.

joined Apr 29, 2013

Thank you so much for translating and putting this up! Citrus makes me feel feels so much it's not healthy anymore lol. I wish Vol.1 was released in North America already T~T

last edited at Oct 12, 2013 4:46AM

AzuNyan YuriShipper
joined Oct 1, 2013

I love how the story goes.. I hope it will have as many chapter . YOURE XCELLENT! Exactly what I am looking for.. Looking forward the next chapter ≧﹏≦

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

This became really dumb ._. Sudden kisses and apologizes among angst of a stupid flashy girl. Gimme a break
How much chapters has this thing at all?

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

How much chapters has this thing at all?

If I'm not mistaken, I think nobody can really answer that. As far as I know, Citrus chapters are released monthly in Yuri magazines, so I don't think anyone can really tell for sure. If I had to guess though, I think it'll be something between maybe 7 or 10 more chapters, but not much more than that, since this manga is generally moving very fast. I don't guarantee this info is correct though.

last edited at Oct 12, 2013 2:03PM

joined May 23, 2013

Well after reading all those comments...

I thank you yuriproject and dynasty-scans for all of this, I hope you won't have enough and keep on with your works, Kudos to all of you guys.

finally I hear something positive..thank you...and chp 6 will be ready soon along the extra english version..we doing it for the great readers like you sincerely~kari and Yuri project team

joined May 23, 2013

Wow... So you link people to some shitty third party website, instead of promoting Yuri Project. People on that site are also clearly a bunch of fucking tools because not only did they host the chapter there. They removed the page Yuri Project specifically put there saying it's a preview version, and NOT to upload it to online readers.

thank you! thank you! finally someone that understands~kari

joined May 23, 2013

let explain this to you since not many people seem to understand

first the original post are here in dynasty scans...the original editor
due to some circumstances with he/she couldn't continue to edit after chp 4 read here http://yuriproject.net/citrus-ch05/. I am very thankful for all the work he ever put into this project....

fans edited chp 5 and uploaded that version to websites like manga here and mangafox ect....not to be a harsh critic
but The editing was not done right and they did not give credit to Saburouta your suppose to put his name on the credits..moving on...meanwhile yuri project was still having issues and they fight to get back to the project.

finally new editor volunteer to do it and
she sat down and did not go to sleep for days and work on both 5 and 6 to post / upload good quality work to dynasty scans because to begin with this project was Yuri projects work.

Finally she finish chp 5 but before that YP uploaded a Qc version of chp 6 so that people who wanted to read it fast will do so...The editor work fast and efficient to upload the first Qc and so did the translator...and even posted on the first scan saying in red "tHIS IS AN UNFINISH PRODUCT DO NOT UPLOAD TO ONLINE READES" and what did people do? they did the exact opposite and went on and uploaded the unfinish product since the sfx weren't edited and the quality check had not been done yet. Some people even took the liberty of not even giving credit to the editor and translator...

however the story ends that now chp 6 is almost publish by yuri project and so is the extra....and people just need to learn to be a bit more patient....

last edited at Oct 12, 2013 3:11PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Man, Mei just keeps getting sexually assaulted all over the place.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Man, Mei just keeps getting sexually assaulted all over the place.

Citrus, man, so sour but so good~

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

So, just read Yuri Project's ch.5 release (on their home page). Kinda have to say that all the criticism of Mei (like calling her 'cold' and shit) is totally uncalled for. You know that the way Momokino came onto her partway through the chapter could pretty much be called rape/sexual assault, right. Same thing with Yuzu pushing her down at the end of chapter 4. Basically the reason Mei was frustrated/being standoffish with Yuzu was because she was tired of being looked at as primarily a sexual object (i.e. Yuzu was acting pretty much just like Momokino). It's pretty clear to me that Mei is open to being with Yuzu eventually, but not without overcoming her issues and establishing their emotional connection first.

As for why Mei is more open to Yuzu versus Momokino, part of it is the sincerity Yuzu has shown in trying to stand by her and be a good sister to her (settling the issue with the fiance/teacher and saving her grandfather, for example), and the other is that Mei realizes she is partly responsible for Yuzu's feelings thanks to her actions at the start of the series (kissing/assaulting Yuzu a couple times) herself. Momokino's clingy behaviour/sexual interest, by comparison, is purely self-interested.

Below is ch. 6 stuff since I went and read YuriProject's preview version after seeing the stuff in this thread:
About Mei's relationship with her father, maybe there was some significant reason for him taking off to random other countries 7 years ago, but I think Mei's issue is simply insecurity that he doesn't care about her since he's been away for so long. Because she's afraid to know what he thinks of her, she hasn't been reading his letters/otherwise trying to interact with him which would be the first step in improving their relationship in the first place.

Yuzu's impression that what Mei wants/needs is the emotional support of a family isn't quite wrong, but she's still jumping to the wrong conclusion that that means she and Mei can't be lovers. After all, in the end a genuine lover/partner is family too.

I really dig the pseudo-incest undertones in the series, lol. The kinky, sometimes nonsensically smutty progression of this series is great. I think that's the primary merit Yuzu's POV brings to the story, since other times she comes off as just way too insensitive and careless. Regardless, Mei and Yuzu have some seriously great chemistry, and that's what's keeping me reading and interested right now.

Sol+1!!
wuv u

PS: Finally learned how to spoiler-blackout. So happy.

joined Aug 5, 2013

can't help but think this is an updated version of marimite, in a good way.

points at Momokino oh look there's Touko! haha :)

Thank you so much Yuri Project <33

Llama
joined Sep 29, 2013

just thoughts on chpt 6 from raws. kind of felt that there was a lot of things going on and man, Mei seems to be hiding tonnes of skeleton in the closet and Yuzu is jumping into conclusions like CALM DOWN MANNNN JUST CALM DOWN

And for the last page, I'm not entirely sure whether Mei is reacting as a emotionally broke down person or she's having some kind of chronic disease!alert hinting this manga is gonna send readers into spirals. For example, that scene where they were in a packed train and Mei looked 'turned on'. I don't feel that's the case here as it seemed to happened twice (that time in the graveyard) so rather, Mei is suffering from some kind of anaemic thing?

Llama
joined Sep 29, 2013

just thoughts on chpt 6 from >raws.<

It's almost like retarded people don't even glance over the thread before they post.

I bought them though...

Llama
joined Sep 29, 2013

I don't understand what you mean by predictions on the raws? I read and understand Japanese, but thank you for mentioning that they are translated but yet to be uploaded because yuriproject is putting it on unofficial. Would it be better if we just talk about the chapter?

To reply you must either login or sign up.