Forum › A World Without Freedom discussion

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

jumping through conclusions isn't a wise decision. its still chapter 3. we'll never know what would happen in the next chapter. maybe its the author's plan all along to make us hate meiko from the start. idk. i just have a feeling that meiko would have another additional miserable past experience. i want to see meiko with reo so andou is a nope to me

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

wait a minute. GLASSES GIRL'S NAME IS NOT ANDOU. goddammit she was so insignificant to me i even messed up her name. and damn reo's smile is straight down creepy.

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That sex/rapey scene, it just didn't feel " right " to me..

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, it seems Reo is taking back some control over the relationship.

I hope so. It would make this manga more palatable.

It's obvious Meiko loves Reo and her attempts at controlling her procede from a fear of abandonment.

Agreed. The crying scene wasn't surprising, but it was a good decision by the author to humanize her. Clearly, some people already sympathized with Meiko, but that scene makes her a little less terrible for other readers.

That sex/rapey scene, it just didn't feel " right " to me..

The rape scene seemed really forced to me. Maybe that was because Meiko didn't really mean it and was just acting out some stupid spur-of-the moment punishment. Either way, it was unnecessary, and I really hope the rape quota for this story has been filled. I just clicked through it without attending to it much.

I hope with the next chapter this story begins to feel less over the top. This was a baby step in the right direction (for me to care about it more). The characters were slightly less flat this chap.

last edited at May 8, 2016 4:31PM

joined Apr 5, 2016

I don't know what side to go on

joined Mar 30, 2016

I don't like any of the character in this story not even glasses girl ¯ \ (ツ)/¯ guess I'll still continue reading anyway.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this girl got some ISSUESSSSS

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

uh huh. traumatic issues but eh

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

uh huh. traumatic issues but eh

Indeed.

On another note the girls in this story don't feel like they're all that into girls at all? Maybe Meiko has/had feelings for Reo but her mind has gotten so warped that she can't possibly have anything healthy with her. She did seem to crush after her when they were younger though.

Reo only feels obligated to give her affection out of guilt. Glasses girl might be the only actual gay girl here.

Because everyone else feels straight to me idk. I notice this when it comes to this specific author a lot.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

I suspect Meiko's played into Reo's hands here by repaying the damage, providing catharsis through irreversible punishment and freeing her from obligation. Meiko's still damaged. I'm unsure whether Reo's observation of that implies that she's giving up on trying or doomed to persist.

I found it all hotter than a decent person should have. The idea of attaining absolution, and orgasm, by giving up your purity to "deserved" retribution makes me go all shivery. Lord, I have issues. I think I'll have to blame my lapsed Catholicism.

I really liked Meiko's fantasies of crossing gender boundaries as well. I've had a few of those thoughts regarding myself and partners, from time to time.

last edited at May 8, 2016 8:00PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

omggggg what on God's green earth is going on.

Bring on the next chapter.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

well that was kinda really sudden and cringey
Pacing is all over the place

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

It's an intriguing story. I mean, it's got all of you talking about it.

That being said, I still stand by what I said about Reo not having a backbone. She wants people to like her, she wants them to be happy, but instead of being proactive about any of it, she's reactive. I still empathize with her. But yeah, she's pretty flimsy.

joined Dec 7, 2013

So Meiko's domineering and controlling personality is just a front that she's using to hide away - her real personality is probably the same as it was pre-assault.

I'm guessing Reo seeing Meiko crying made her realise that being her 'slave' and obeying her every whim wasn't actually helping Meiko at all on an emotional/mental level, and was actually pretty self-destructive for both of them.

I don't know how many chapters this story has or if it's still being written or whatever. If it's short then Meiko will probably have a quick reality check. If it's longer then we'll probably get some more drama, maybe Meiko dating someone so she can throw it in Reo's face in a "They're a better friend to me than you ever were" guilt-tripping kind of way.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

maybe Meiko dating someone so she can throw it in Reo's face in a "They're a better friend to me than you ever were" guilt-tripping kind of way.

Yes because I need more reasons to hate meiko.

nightblade96
Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Well I just completely lost track of what's happening at this point

Sans%20titre
joined Jul 12, 2015

Thanks about translate this one /U/

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It' only 6 chapters long. Expect a bit rushed story.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

There's no way this will have a satisfactory ending, isn't it?

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

flips table
there goes my happy ending

NobodySpecialxxxx
Akarriiii.png
joined Dec 5, 2015

The way she treats her T n T) Is there a reason for that?

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

The way she treats her T n T) Is there a reason for that?

jealousy.
envy.
mental distortions.
dominating tendencies.
loneliness.

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Aaah... My mind is blank... I cannot predict what are they thinking... Writer-sensei you are good... Hahaha!

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

Ah, here I was hoping it'd be a little longer. Which means with 2 chapters left I doubt they'll be giving us more of an in-depth look at the characters backgrounds and personalities because honestly I'm extremely interested in how that'd pan out.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Hmmm, this just got more interesting.....
That was some kinky sex play there, the "outside the shower" panel made me wonder if Reo is even like that with Meiko, but I mean she clearly enjoyed herself right?(kink and all)
And then Meiko's confession to herself about wanting to make sweet love to Reo...
I'm thinking Reo does like Meiko that way but it's all been funneled into this "slave role" so the truth hasn't come to light yet??
(the drama's so juicy ^_^ )

To reply you must either login or sign up.