Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

As for Emma and Regina, that's just another story entirely and honestly who wants to give into ship wars if we're all fighting for the same thing.

Nah, I was just asking if the Swan Queen (that's the ship name right?) fans were calling them out or something. I recall them calling bait when stuff happened that didn't conform to their fantasies. And even most of the fanfic authors are rather.. passionate.. in showing how stupid, not right, and in general right out make Emma/Regina absolutely hate anything other than themselves and Henry. It's kinda funny xD

joined Jan 21, 2015

New show Wynonna Earp has potential gay stuff. It's a Syfy show so don't expect high art, but reportedly it's campy fun so far.

Also, Person of Interest is coming back on May 3rd. IGN has a trailer up on their website. Judging from the tone, it seems to include scenes from the entire season. I am very calm and collected about this.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I love Wynnona Earp! Officer Haught I think is the same girl from that youtube lesbian vampire series that I can't name...

joined Apr 15, 2013

Just thought I might mention that the game Undertale has a yuri couple in the main cast (Undyne x Alphys). Plus one of the minibosses can be beaten non-violently by getting the two male opponents to date one another. You can actually see them on a date at an ice cream stand afterwards. Plus the ambiguously gendered protagonist has the opportunity to date a male and a female character during the course of the game, so I suppose that's one type of gay or another.

That might not be enough to make the list, but I thought I would give it a shot. Honestly, Undertale is just so odd and charming and wonderful that I want everyone to play it.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

Also, Person of Interest is coming back on May 3rd. IGN has a trailer up on their website. Judging from the tone, it seems to include scenes from the entire season. I am very calm and collected about this.

That is awesome! I never expected it this soon. Trailer looked awesome as well! May is turning out to be a pretty good month.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I've heard many good things about Undertale, it sounds like a neat indie game. But somehow I had forgotten about the same-sex romance! Okay it's going to the top of my list.

That is awesome! I never expected it this soon. Trailer looked awesome as well! May is turning out to be a pretty good month.

It sure got people excited! It had everything you'd hope for in a last season trailer: gunfights, explosions, cryptic threats from bad guys, more explosions, SEX, and scary stuff happening to characters we love. So much good stuff coming up! I don't know about the characters, but I'm pretty sure I won't survive this season.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I can't wait for it. Usually, I wait till the entire season is out to watch it but here I won't resist... and I will probably suffer.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 8:45AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

You know, if they end killing Root or Shaw, I hope the survivor gets killed somehow, like taking down the enemy leader with her.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

They will be badass whatever happen, I don't doubt it.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Just thought I might mention that the game Undertale has a yuri couple in the main cast (Undyne x Alphys). Plus one of the minibosses can be beaten non-violently by getting the two male opponents to date one another. You can actually see them on a date at an ice cream stand afterwards. Plus the ambiguously gendered protagonist has the opportunity to date a male and a female character during the course of the game, so I suppose that's one type of gay or another.

That might not be enough to make the list, but I thought I would give it a shot. Honestly, Undertale is just so odd and charming and wonderful that I want everyone to play it.

Undertale is a brilliant game. GOTY 2015. Not many games can make me cry. But this game... God damnit. That final boss fight and the true ending was the most satisfactioning ending I ever witnessed in any video game. Toby Fox is a genius. And yes, Undyne is the badass lesbian monster. A True Hero.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

New show Wynonna Earp has potential gay stuff. It's a Syfy show so don't expect high art, but reportedly it's campy fun so far.

What is the show about?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

What is the show about?

Demon slayer sheriff, far west style in the modern world... apparently.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 4:45PM

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Any chance we can update the list with Starlight Vega VN being out? :D

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

What is the show about?

Wyatt Earp somehow got cursed. Passed it down through the generations. Wynonna inherits the curse because her older sister is murdered. It's up to her to use Wyatt's pistol to send 77 (or something like that) demons/damned souls of murderers that escaped, back to hell. Also the soul of Doc Holiday escapes but he's kinda-sorta not a bad guy.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Undertale is a brilliant game. GOTY 2015. Not many games can make me cry. But this game... God damnit. That final boss fight and the true ending was the most satisfactioning ending I ever witnessed in any video game. Toby Fox is a genius. And yes, Undyne is the badass lesbian monster. A True Hero.

It's just so good at manipulating the player's emotions. And all the characters are memorable and funny, from everybody's favorite Goat Mama to the lowly Temmies.

I don't want to spoil anything so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From my experience, that makes you an unusual Undertale fan, indeed.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Really? That's a shame. I suppose it's hard to keep secrets on the internet.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Really? That's a shame. I suppose it's hard to keep secrets on the internet.

I find Undertale is particularly bad for it, right from the start.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Speaking from my own experience with Undertale, I have to say I'm eternally grateful for not spoiling myself for once with the game before playing it (unlike virtually every other piece of media I come across, be it video game, anime, manga, book, play, tv show, etc). Especially considering what I've seen with other people being spoiled by raging fans, lol.

The one thing I saw that got me into the game was this gif.

Anyways, sorry for derailing the thread (again), I just saw Undertale get mentioned and wanted to put my 2 cents into the discussion.

joined Jan 8, 2016

People be like Undertale only lives from its surprises when the meta still stands strong even when observed

Chords
joined Apr 24, 2016

NomnomNami (the creator of Romance Detective and Tunnel Vision) released Her Tears Were My Light a few weeks ago! It's a short, free yuri VN with time travel mechanics. Here's the link: https://nomnomnami.itch.io/her-tears-were-my-light

I'm not entirely unbiased when I say this since I worked on the soundtrack, but it's a great game that everyone should give a try!

Here's what the art looks like:

Her Tears Were My Light screenshot

last edited at Apr 24, 2016 3:10AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Watching Korra again. Good but I kinda wonder when it will become okay to show yuri in animated TV

Ahh Legend of Korra, what a show.
Well for the animation yuri in western culture, there's Steven Universe for one.

And btw, Shannara Chronicles confirmed for a second season. Get ready because I'm 99% sure the writers will give Eretria a love interest.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

W00T!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED, HARLEY AND IVY ARE CANON, BOOYAH!

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

W00T!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED, HARLEY AND IVY ARE CANON, BOOYAH!

AWWW YASSS...

Is this a new series? *grabby hands*

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

AWWW YASSS...

Is this a new series? *grabby hands*

DC Bombshells #42

To reply you must either login or sign up.