Forum › Posts by Xan

Xan
Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

I'm pretty sure we lost an upload? I was reading one called Mutually Unrequited Love or something with Adults and Wholesome tag, has gone missing. Unless it got removed on purpose?

Xan
Image Comments 10 Mar 22:50
Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014
Badger

@Bedhead - But Borr also has special eyes too. You sure it's not just a design thing they've done for half the female characters?

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Pretty happy this artist is back doing yuri :)

Xan
Their Story discussion 16 Sep 13:10
Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

I heard Tanjiu couldnt get a 2nd volume printed because their chinese publisher wanted them to censor the kiss scene. They refused, so this is the current direction.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thank you so much MDLZ for posting about my game ^_^ I'd love any feedback if anyone has any. I hope to take what I learned from Starlight Vega and do even better with the writing of this game.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

gonna leave this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3xUnDm26s

Omg this is SOOO funny. I'm glad my remnant japanese comprehension was still enough to enjoy this. The cinematography was better than expected too was a nice bonus. Thanks a bunch for sharing it :D

Xan
Earth Girls discussion 19 Aug 21:56
Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

It's a prequel sequel. It's fun to compare how much her art skills have improved since then.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hey Everyone!

My two good friends, Mirage and Nitarou of Zeiva Inc. are working on their next game that I'm sure will be of interest to our community :D

Synopsis: During an introspective journey, Olea has a chance encounter with two residents of a quiet island - Flori, the cheerful young inn owner, and Llima, her taciturn childhood friend. Unbeknownst to them, they share a connection bound by a tragic past. Can Olea save them from their cruel yet inevitable fate? What is waiting for them at the end?

They rarely run Kickstarter campaigns, so if you have a steam account feel free to vote on it for Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775404611

You can also check out the art and the female leads on steam or their blog:
http://zeiva.tumblr.com/tagged/Beyond-Nature
https://twitter.com/zeivainc

The game is a slice-of-life with some supernatural, estimated to be a few hours long, pure VN so not gameplay heavy, for those that find her older games a bit too challenging. Olea is gender neutral, game rated PG(?), and there is an estimated 6 endings. I'm a light copy-writer for this game and proofreader of all their games. I was told by Mirage this game is probably the closest we'll get to yuri from her, since she's a bit tired of writing romance at this point. I'm pretty excited about this game since both her and Nitarou are REALLY awesome artists :D they make really likable female characters in all their games, and are one of the best storytellers (I am a tad biased...). So your support or interest would be appreciated :)

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 6:31PM

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Razzart, the creators of Starlight Vega and Catch Canvas, has announced a new VN: Love Ribbon! https://yurination.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/love-ribbon-steam-greenlight/#more-49790

It's nice that Razzart is apparently quite partial to yuri since all of their games have been yuri or have had yuri options... Well, I remember that they had released a het VN before Starlight Vega, but it appears that it's not on Steam anymore? I don't know what happened to it, but, anyways, I've always liked Western yuri VNs more than Japanese yuri VNs since they usually handle LGBT topics better (cue the "B-but we're both girls!") and usually don't include as much fanservice... also, there are a lot of free Western VNs out there, so there's that too. Granted, I haven't played any Japanese yuri VNs yet since I'm too poor so perhaps I'm not the best person to speak about this...

Anyway, from the trailer, it looks like this thing will have animated CGs, which is quite interesting. I guess them showing up in the trailer isn't quite a confirmation, but I don't really see why they would invest the effort into making them if they wouldn't use it. They do look a bit stiff, but I understand that they have a pretty low budget, and, hey, it's better than nothing. It looks like the artist from Starlight Vega isn't coming back, but this art looks great too. Looking forward to one more yuri incest VN in the world! (I think Nurse Love Addiction and Tsui Yuri are the only other ones, but I don't really know much about untranslated VNs)

Hello! Just wanted to confirm a few things. Razzart focus is always to do yuri games can she help it. Starlight Vega was Razz's first game and she is the creator, main artist and primary writer. She's hasn't done a het game before. Catch Canvas she has done art for and it's a pick gender protag. She is trying a lot of different themes for Yuri games though so even if one game isn't your cup of tea now, she'll make another one that might be up your alley. Now for Love Ribbon, Razz did hire a sprite artist but she is still doing all the CGs herself. I'm not involved with this game though but hope that anyone that likes this theme will enjoy it.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thanks everyone! :) I'll probably get a copy someday when my schedule eases up.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

I honestly don't know what to interpret from this game based on everyone's comments and randomly clicking the spoiler tags o_O I was pretty psyched about it just on the art alone since it had the right polished shoujo style I've been waiting for in a yuri game. I'm a bit conflicted in wanting to know what to expect yet trying not to spoil the entire game outright. Am I right in interpreting the game has many dark twisted bad endings and the happy endings are... normal?

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 10:09AM

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello again rincewind. Thanks for playing the whole game :D Glad you liked it! Agreed, Melody's definitely the best best friend one can have, and a great girlfriend too. And about that, I did inform Razz about itt and she said it's an error. She'll be fixing it in the next update. Thank you for letting us know!

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Any chance we can update the list with Starlight Vega VN being out? :D

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

@rincewind - Well your reaction to Scherza is reasonable, I do hope she turns your feelings around once you get on her route. If it helps at all, you don't get much Melody on Scherza's route so it shouldn't hurt like being on Lyria's route. I know the feeling exactly in what you mean. Thank you for playing!

@Substance - When the original game was just Mel and Lyria, I also picked Melody as my preferred choice. Though in the end after writing in everyone's route, some more than others, I did end up preferring Scherza, but I'm very biased since I had the most freedom to write in her route. I'll have to agree it's just a matter of personal preference who we like best. I am getting an overall impression everyone seems to like all the girls to some degree. Who is the best pairing for Aria? shrugs Thank you for the kind words!

I'll admit Catch Canvas may not fit everyone's personal tastes, but Razz is working on another pure yuri game called Queen of the Pack. If you would like to help fund this game with the opportunity to see early sketches and concept work, you can donate to her at https://www.patreon.com/razzart?ty=h She wants to try to fund the game via Patreon instead of Kickstarter if possible. I believe the game will be about as large as Starlight Vega, so any type of support, even word of mouth is highly appreciated :D She has a few art posts so far about the new game for patrons only.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Aww thank you all! Whose everyone's favorite gal? XD Also out of curiosity, which order did you all play in?

@HypocriticalLiar I'm personally glad to hear that since I wrote her route primarily :) sadly Razz wasn't able to give me the go-ahead to expand her scenes since in actuality, Scherza has the longest route wordcount wise. The extra backstory does that.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

We am pleased to announce that Starlight Vega is officially released!

Featuring multiple choices that affect the story, ten available endings, romantic routes of the yuri variety, and over 8-10 hours of content - We hope the game will provide an enjoyable experience for all!

The Steam edition includes trading cards and achievements on release. Discount on steam for the first week. The game is also available for direct download for DRM free copy via Itch-io. Links will be on the blog post below.

http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/starlight-vega-now-available/

Thanks to everyone here at Dynasty-Scans that helped us with feedback early on in production, backing the Kickstarter campaign, and spreading the word :D you guys were a big help! We managed to fix bugs here and there, but feel free to let me know if you find anything else as we're trying to fix any inconsistencies. Your feedback is always welcome! :D

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello everyone! It's been a long time :) Thanks to everyone that backed Starlight Vega on Kickstarter last April. The game is in it's alpha stages now, and plans for release will be no later than early March crosses fingers. We've managed to create a new demo with extra scenes (the 3rd love interest), the promised custom soundtrack and a brand new GUI. Screenshots and link to demo is found below:

http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/new-starlight-vega-demo-1-2/

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 8:44PM

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

It says so at the top of the Campaign section. Last I asked, it was still $247.66.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! We're at the 22 hour mark and it's already at the 20K tier ^_^ Amazing progress~

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Wow, already reached 50% in just 24 hours o_O; yuri fans are amazing~

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Thanks for the help everyone! :) You guys are awesome! We'll make the appropriate edits to the final game demo now.

Also by chance, is anyone on the Yuricon mailing list? I've submitted a post last week on there to get additional feedback for the game, but I haven't seen it posted.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

@Maus - Sorry to hear that. But if you play the demo or read the webcomic, you'll have a really good idea what type of comedy Razz does.
@flips - OTL okay that's been fixed, thanks for pointing that out.
@Nosebleed - That'll help a lot, thanks for sharing it!
@trafi and OrangePekoe - Hope you both enjoy it!

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

O_o There is clearly no rape in the game. There isn't even any ero scenes in the game actually.

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

Hello everyone!

My friend Razz has been working diligently on her visual novel for the last 2 years. We felt that the feedback and opinions from yuri fans would be the most useful in making this game the highest quality we can. We believe Dynasty would be the best place to ask since we spend plenty of time ourselves on the site. The story synopsis goes:

"You play as Aria, a girl who moves into her grandfather’s old house. While exploring the upstairs study one night, she and her friend Melody accidentally unleash a flirtatious demon named Lyria, who spent the past 50 years in a stone.

After freeing her from her prison, the two become attached by a ‘Lifelink Stone’, which means Lyria can’t go far from Aria without feeling repercussions, and vice versa. This gets quite awkward when Aria tries to go about (what’s left of) her normal life."

Razz has just recently finished the demo, which is available on PC, Mac, and Linux. Six different endings are obtainable through your choices made throughout the final game version. The visual novel is a romance comedy and PG13 for mild sensuality. Full game will be $9.99 to pay for programming and an original soundtrack.

The demo link (40mb) can be found here: http://www.razzartvisual.com/starlightvega/?page_id=20
Tumblr: http://starlightvega.tumblr.com/

Razz has been working on Girls Love works for many years now, and perhaps some of you may remember her short story webcomic Love Fight: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=79991

Any general comments and interest in the game would be immensely helpful! You can leave comments on tumblr or her email razzartvisual(at)gmail.com.
I'll also be sticking around if there are any questions or comments as well :) Thanks!

last edited at Apr 7, 2015 5:08PM