Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Seol-a retaliate by silently standing up, getting out of the room and came back "like b*tch I've cut my nails. stop making excuses to stay here longer. so, f*cking leave now a$$hole" Seol-a didn't even hide how annoyed she was by his presence.

Nails are cut, but the claws are out.
rawr
Need someone to draw Seol-a as Wolverine now.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 2:02PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm just marking my comment as the 6,666th post of this wonderful discussion haha

You can always tell new chapter day when the page count suddenly jumps by five.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nezchan

I'm just marking my comment as the 6,666th post of this wonderful discussion haha

You can always tell new chapter day when the page count suddenly jumps by five.

I failed to take the screen shot when it was at 777,777. Our lurkers pushed it too fast haha.

I'm so ready for chapter 69. Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of No-rae's inner mind or... body (sorry my fantasy cant ignore Seol-a's cut nails haha)

joined Jun 10, 2015

This chapter should be titled as 'The Tale of Clipped Nails'...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm so ready for chapter 69. Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of No-rae's inner mind or... body (sorry my fantasy cant ignore Seol-a's cut nails haha)

This (quoted) is post 6669 isn't it? Even better than 6666.

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 6:29AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is post 6669 isn't it? Even better than 6666.

Nope, yours is 6670.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thanks cipp and halmoni. so that's why she cut her nails. seola sure as hell knows how to mark her territory.
they're practically dating. really.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

sesnta y ocho!

http://imgur.com/a/rLskI

also, a song to cool off and begin a new monday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJD-im_4xNI

Good day people :)

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thanks thatanon! :) muchos gracias!

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

sesnta y ocho!

Muchas gracias!
And thanks Halmoni for the translation!

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Wow...this chapter is intense. Well, in a sense that, Seol-a's and Sung-pyo's feelings for No-rae are over lapping each other. I'll be discussing both sides in my humblest opinion and the most, nicest way I could. Lol

Sung-pyo's side first. Well, he carried No-rae like he used to. He compliments (or rather felt nostalgic) at how No-rae's house looks the same after those years and even after moving. Instantly, I bet he totally remembers his feelings for No-rae because they broke up because of his depression and not because of third parties and stuff so I therefore conclude, he isn't a douchebag or a bad person. He's just so sad that time considering that soccer was taken away from him due to some sort of injury and it's a hard time for him. Like, sudden change of lifestyle thingy where he was at the top of his career and then, one day, everything about his hobby was taken away. And now that he has (if ever he has) recovered from all of it and living a normal life again, if I were him, and I see an opening like this that No-rae is talking to me normally and smiling and all that, maybe, just maybe, we have a chance of mending our relationship? Because heck, well, it's not entirely over because No-rae is still No-rae and he still has feelings for No-rae (because normally, with break-ups like those, you still love the person, it's just, you want to fix yourself first that's why you let them go for a bit and blah) and he wants to make up for those years that they lost. He was a coward once but if he sees a chance like this, he would totally grab it. Unless, he's just trying to be friends with No-rae and just wants a closure with the girl. That's a possibility too.

As for Seol-a...cutting nails. Hooo boy. First thing that came into my mind was surperstitious beliefs. And I think many Asian cultures believe in these. Lol. Dunno about western cultures though. Anyway...as I was saying, in Korea, it's a bad thing to cut nails at night because it's considered a bad omen or something? I am not really sure. In Japan, it's considered bad because they say if you cut your nails, it's like cutting your parent's head and trying to kill them, like some sort of curse. From here in my place, in the parts of the south east, it's the same, cutting nails is a no-no because it's some sort of bad luck. I think Seol-a is breaking taboos just because she cares deeply for No-rae. And that is so cute. Like, that's one huge sacrifice for her. Not only because of breaking taboos but also because she's a girly girl. Like, the ones who took pride in their looks. I mean, c'mon. Growing nails, having manicures, painting nails, and the like just to look pretty and smexy. And I know, girls (who are into beauty and stuff) will cry with a broken nail. Lol. So then..you all cut it all of the sudden just to prove you can take care of someone is really...well, that's a huge plus. Lol. And doing it just so you won't hurt the one you love is so cute of Seol-a. Ahhh. Love makes people do crazy stuff and it's so cute.

Anyway... Both parties are just so overflowing of care for our dear No-rae. Ahh. Our No-rae is one lucky girl. And about Seol-a being cold to Sung-pyo is just that...Seol-a might be a bit jealous? A bit paranoid? A bit intimidated? And other bits. Lol. I mean, look, Sung-pyo is the EX. He's a nice guy in general. He has good looks and is tall. He is gentle and cares for No-rae. And he even mentioned about not hurting No-rae cuz of long nails. He is that protective of her. Seol-a wants to prove that she can surpass the dude even though she's a girl thus, she even go and cut her nails without thinking (cuz I probably bet she'll be crying over it later though. Lol) and she even wants to carry No-rae on her own and wants to prove it even though it came out as a joke to No-rae in the end. Lol. Also, I don't think Seol-a is trying to be rude or wants to throw out Sung-pyo so badly out of No-rae's place. She's just trying to prove she could take care of No-rae on her own. And that is super cute too. Lol

Long post is long. Kakko warai.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

sesnta y ocho!

Tanks thatanon!
Very cool.
You and your work are like the return of a fragrant,warm, sunny spring day after a cold harsh winter, we always welcome your return.

joined Jan 17, 2016

.. Both parties are just so overflowing of care for our dear No-rae. Ahh. Our No-rae is one lucky girl.

Not only the ex bf and seola but that dude ji-hwan or somthing forgot his name is also crazy about her ..Omg norea is really lucky to have 3 persons in love with her in the same time . i mean ..norea must have killer charms or something even though she is not so girly type rather tomboyish

There is something really bothering why ssamba is so damn concerned about the side characters that comes and goes with absolutely nothing related to the main norae and seola relationship progress like that women in-ha the boss or norea family and the ex if she planing on ending the manhwa with them possibly dating in the future ..we want to know the reaction of those characters as well like what will norea family reaction would be ?! And the bf she is building too much story plot she can't handle dealing with in time with only less than 30 chapters left .

Also i want to see nores meeting seola family and her older brothers kkk i mean seola older brother is so cute ..why its alway norea family !?

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 7:29PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

After reading the comments I conclude that this chapter was necessary to show both Seol-a's and the ex's points of view. But at the same time it felt a bit like filler and there was zero progress!!!! >.< The next 'scene' should have some progress. It's nice that it's slow and I like it but I think a little progress would be suitable now. Seeing them in a relationship would be nice. It's not like all the problems disappear after you get together with someone and that's it. There would still be stuff to write about sooo!!!!!!!! KISS ALREADYYY ahahaha. Kiss soon :P In 10 chapters, maybe :D
Anyway, if you don't cut your nails... how do you make them shorter...? do you just file them or sth?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I know Sung-Pyo isn't the type of guy who would have done anything to a passed out No-rae but I can definitely see why Seol-a would get extra defensive and wanting to handle things herself instead of a guy (especially one that previously dated no-rae), I feel like most women would probably do the same regardless of their emotional feelings (friendly/romantic) towards the other female party unless they REALLY trusted whatever man it was, but I did enjoy seeing Seol-a get a little more aggressive in protecting No-rae. Sung-pyo mentioning Seol-a's nails just made me roll my eyes so hard.. but I also kind of appreciated it in a tiny way because I find shorter nails more appealing on people hah...

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

halmoni, thatanon, thank you so much for the amazing scanlations! You're both awesome!

overdaline, could you draw a small cute comic where
Norae asks Seola: Hey, what happened to your nails last night
Seola replies with a cunning grin: I cut them for you, babe!
And then Norae goes all red and embarrassed xD

As for the new chapter, loved it to bits. A lot of development for Seola. She literally kicked that guy out. She's strong and fights for her girl as she promised. And she even tried to flirt with Norae later. And brought her coffee. So glad Norae's personality allows her to notice such nuances as cut nails etc. I really hope she'll ask Seola, what happened, complimenting her for how she loved her nails when they were longer, but how they are still beautiful when they are cut.
I'm surprised Hyegyeong hasn't called Sungpyo yet. Or at least it didn't feel like she knew what happened when she was talking to Seola. Anyway, Sungpyo and Hyegyeong might turn into a nice couple, lol. Too bad for Seola's brother haha.

And that moment when Seola pet sleeping Norae's hair... oh Goood... That was so sweet... She should've stayed the night and fell asleep next to Norae. That would make the "why did you cut your nails" scene even more confusing for Norae LOL.

Ruequi
Really nice and to-the-point observations! Although I don't think Sungpyo is just trying to be friends with Norae. He wouldn't have wanted Seola out then. He really wanted to stay the night with Norae alone. And he was really disappointed for being unable to stay. I think he really wants to build the relationship with Norae again. But now he's too late kekeke.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 7:40PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

muchisimas gracias for the typeset (and cool tunes) thatanon!

@Ruequi: I'll be discussing both sides in my humblest opinion and the most, nicest way I could. Lol

are you sure you chose the right avatar? or maybe your trolling is so next-level i can't detect it haha. anyways, good thoughts all around. regarding superstitions, you read ssamba's author note for this chapter right?

@Dayominator: Sung-pyo mentioning Seol-a's nails just made me roll my eyes so hard.. but I also kind of appreciated it in a tiny way because I find shorter nails more appealing on people hah...

same, i always thought seol-a's nails looked kind of scary sharp/pointy (besides being obviously unsuitable for some, uh, stuff lol)

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 7:49PM

joined Apr 9, 2013

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

I don't understand this. Sungpyo's not a bad guy, but he definitely crossed a line this chapter. While I don't think he would have done anything inappropriate to Norae, it was inappropriate for him to insist that he be left alone to take care of her when a close female friend aka Seola is there. I'm also not sure why you bring up yuri googles. There are generally accepted roles in these situations determined by gender/relationship and Sungpyo's role as someone who no longer dates Norae was to politely leave. Maybe these things just have a stronger presence in Korea?(my mom didn't want me stay in my male cousin's apartment even in diff rooms etc....... not always logical) And second no-no was on the rude wording.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Finally a confrontation between the two! It was a long time coming...Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Sungpyo isn't as ignorant about Seola's feelings as we think? or maybe it's the fact that I didn't miss the innuendo of the whole cutting your nails and hurting her thing. Honestly, it's funny how Ssamba was able to put that in a serious situation because I can't help but think that if Sungpyo was less of a nice guy then that remark of having long nails could've been a more shady comment. I wonder though, it's true that getting Sungpyo to further the plot can be too much for Ssamba if there's only 30 chapters left...so I hope she can somehow tidy it up the whole ex issue while sitll being able to show more of how Seola and Norae can be as a couple.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:26PM

joined Feb 8, 2016

I don't understand this. Sungpyo's not a bad guy, but he definitely crossed a line this chapter. While I don't think he would have done anything inappropriate to Norae, it was inappropriate for him to insist that he be left alone to take care of her when a close female friend aka Seola is there. I'm also not sure why you bring up yuri googles. There are generally accepted roles in these situations determined by gender/relationship and Sungpyo's role as someone who no longer dates Norae was to politely leave. Maybe these things just have a stronger presence in Korea?(my mom didn't want me stay in my male cousin's apartment even in diff rooms etc....... not always logical) And second no-no was on the rude wording.

No, I agree. It's universally inappropriate to be left behind with a male, especially your ex-boyfriend while you're drunk. Although, Asian cultures are a lot stricter about contact between girl and boys or men & women than in Western cultures...However in this situation, it was still pretty clear that it was inappropriate. Ex-boyfriend taking care of a drunken old flame in an apartment all alone? yeah...things can turn out really bad in such a scenario. I think it's a friend's job(not even taking any romantic feelings into consideration) to be able save them both the trouble.

I think, even if Seola didn't have romantic feelings for Norae that(as a friend) she still has some right to kick Sungpyo out even if he didn't have any bad intentions. Sungpyo was crossing a little out of the line there by implying that he wanted so stay a little longer with Norae when he was no longer needed. He doesn't have a right anymore as an ex to really take care of her in such an intimate way but because he still cares about Norae so he can't help it.

I actually do think Sungpyo is a nice guy and pity the guy. But I felt like it was inevitable for Seola and Sungpyo to get into some sort of confrontation considering how both feel about Norae. Hence, the way Seola blew up on him was probably more than she would have if Norae was just a platonic friend.

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Not only the ex bf and seola but that dude ji-hwan or somthing forgot his name is also crazy about her ..Omg norea is really lucky to have 3 persons in love with her in the same time . i mean ..norea must have killer charms or something even though she is not so girly type rather tomboyish

There is something really bothering why ssamba is so damn concerned about the side characters that comes and goes with absolutely nothing related to the main norae and seola relationship progress like that women in-ha the boss or norea family and the ex if she planing on ending the manhwa with them possibly dating in the future ..we want to know the reaction of those characters as well like what will norea family reaction would be ?! And the bf she is building too much story plot she can't handle dealing with in time with only less than 30 chapters left .

Also i want to see nores meeting seola family and her older brothers kkk i mean seola older brother is so cute ..why its alway norea family !?

Layla, I'll react to these based on my feels. Lol

Well, it's because No-rae's initial charm is being cutey-cute-cute, innocent, and initially the sweet harmless (pushover) type and that's basically a good start for people to like her. She's like the honest person type yet totally tactful and careful. But the more you know her, she shows you how she could be a strong person too yet can still be disturbed emotionally too as shown to her reaction to Seol-a's almost getting owned by Gyeong-woo (the boy that calls her 'noona' in the earlier chapters) and the effect of the break-up with Sung-Pyo. It makes you want to hug her and say, "hey, i'll protect you." and other endearing blah. Once you accepted that side of her, it's impossible to just leave her alone thus, it makes her a type that you would totally fall for whether she's totally your type or not.

As for the side characters. I think they are important. Because of them, you get to stir up more reactions from the two heroines. Like, they contribute to the factors that will either build the two together to tear them apart. They are mainly for character development purposes. They will surely affect the two's past, present, and possibly future. Like, for example, past characters that could affect No-rae's and Seol-a's relationship would be Yu-ji and Sung- pyo in a sense that the mentioned characters are the closest that each other had before meeting each other. Present (or rather recent) characters that affects them both, like Gyeong-woo and Ji-hwan who both tried their best to get the girl's attention but failed at some point. Other present characters would be Seol-a and No-rae's confidants. Hye-gyeong and Hee-jin for No-rae while Min-jeong for Seol-a. As we all saw, Seol-a goes to confide with Min-jeong for advice. While No-rae doesn't usually go to Hye-gyeong and Hee-jin for advices, the two just do their part to look after No-rae in their own way including, giving Seol-a tips on handling (taking care) of No-rae. Stuff like these... As for their family... They are possibly the 'Future' of the two so the need to focus on both families is indeed high if you would look at it realistically but as for now. I'll let Ssamba surprise me. Lol.

Oh and as for No-rae's family...I think you mean, her brother. Yeah. Because her brother play an important role for No-rae. He's the one whom No-rae runs to when she needs some advices and some brotherly loving.

Really nice and to-the-point observations! Although I don't think Sungpyo is just trying to be friends with Norae. He wouldn't have wanted Seola out then. He really wanted to stay the night with Norae alone. And he was really disappointed for being unable to stay. I think he really wants to build the relationship with Norae again. But now he's too late kekeke.

takachi
Well, I would agree with you on that. Oh and yes, yes. Definitely. It's not that he wanted to take advantage of a passed out No-rae but he wanted to be with her when she open her eyes again. He just wanted to be the one to take care of No-rae after all, she is the love of his life, next to the RIP Soccer. No offense to Seol-a of course. I mean, he doesn't know anything between the two's relationship so he isn't trying to push Seol-a away, rather, I believe, he mentioned the nails because he cares for No-rae and he wants a reason to stay. If Seol-a can't do the removing of jacket and taking care of No-rae, Sung-pyo thinks, he could do it instead. He have done it before after all and he could do it again. It's just that, Seol-a took it the wrong way and chase out the boy. Lol.

are you sure you chose the right avatar? or maybe your trolling is so next-level i can't detect it haha. anyways, good thoughts all around. regarding superstitions, you read ssamba's author note for this chapter right?

cipp
Are you sure you're asking that in this thread? I thought this thread is a discussion about FF and not about my avatar. Lol. Joking. Joking. I only have posted 3 replies at this thread so far so...maybe I am not trolling now. But who knows what the future will bring? :)

I did read it in the end but I initially thought of superstitious beliefs at first 'cause wth, it's in the culture. Well, in my culture too. Lol. A bit surprised, at the note though. Kakko Warai.

No, I agree. It's universally inappropriate to be left behind with a male, especially your ex-boyfriend while you're drunk. Although, Asian cultures are a lot stricter about contact between girl and boys or men & women than in Western cultures...However in this situation, it was still pretty clear that it was inappropriate. Ex-boyfriend taking care of a drunken old flame in an apartment all alone? yeah...things can turn out really bad in such a scenario. I think it's a friend's job(not even taking any romantic feelings into consideration) to be able save them both the trouble.

I think, even if Seola didn't have romantic feelings for Norae that(as a friend) she still has some right to kick Sungpyo out even if he didn't have any bad intentions. Sungpyo was crossing a little out of the line there by implying that he wanted so stay a little longer with Norae when he was no longer needed. He doesn't have a right anymore as an ex to really take care of her in such an intimate way but because he still cares about Norae so he can't help it.

I actually do think Sungpyo is a nice guy and pity the guy. But I felt like it was inevitable for Seola and Sungpyo to get into some sort of confrontation considering how both feel about Norae. Hence, the way Seola blew up on him was probably more than she would have if Norae was just a platonic friend.

sayuri12
But...Seol-a was still there. Yes? Definitely not alone. He didn't even tried to make Seol-a leave. He just mentioned the nails that might injure No-rae. Not necessarily mean that he wants Seol-a out.

And yes, he still cares about No-rae so it can't be helped. Also, No-rae isn't even trying to avoid him on their earlier meetings, in fact, she's talking normally with him. Ex or not, they still have connection so it is understandable that he wants to take care of No-rae still.

That too.

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 1:35AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I also have to agree, because we're outsiders and see various moments of their past and present we know that Sung-pyo is a nice guy and would never do anything, not to mention we also know part of what they think and that he still loves No-rae, but it doesn't really matter if he's a ex-boyfriend or just a friend, even if he is someone No-rae trust I just don't see any reason for Seol-a to leave him alone with her because she just don't know him, I think this should be the same if it was a woman, it doesn't really matter what kind of relationship they have, their gender or how much No-rae trust them, unless it was someone Seol-a knows she can trust, like Hye-gyeong or someone from No-rae family, why would she leave them alone with No-rae? Now if she knew Sung-pyo well enough to trust him like she knows Hye-gyeong then I think it wouldn't be a problem, but of course even if this was the case I doubt she would leave them alone because she wants No-rae all for herself. xD

But I have to admit that I kind of feel pity for Sung-pyo, he tried to quickly think of a excuse to stay with No-rae and Seol-a easily destroyed it and he had to run away with his tail between his legs, I actually think she would have easily destroyed any argument he could have made, I guess when Seol-a wants to mark her territory there's just no one that can win.

As for this in real life, I don't think it matter the culture, if you need to leave a drunk or unconscious woman with a man, in my opinion it should be with someone from her family, preferably her father or brother, it can also be a uncle, cousin or grandfather if you know they're close, I do think you could leave with a male friend or ex-boyfriend if he's close enough that both of you know he can be trusted, but unfortunately how many male friends or ex-boyfriend you know that really are friends with a woman? Unfortunately most man and woman don't even believe friendship between opposite sex is possible, so unless it's a good guy with who they are friends for many years, which is rare, I don't think you can really trust a man to take care of a drunk or unconscious woman, except maybe a ex-husband who you know is a good guy, after all they would have a past and know each other for some years.

Althought I don't think a female friend should automatically be trusted, but of course woman tend to be way more reliable, so I think that as long as you know she's a good friend of the drunk or unconscious woman and they know each other for some time then you can trust her, same with ex-girlfriend.

Do guys even have this kind of problem? I mean, do you even need to worry about a drunk or unconscious guy if you leave him with a friend that you know it's not a jerk? I know this is a pretty obvious double standard, but is it just me or this is one of the few double standards that is not bad?

And thatanon, that's a nice avatar you have there, I assume you have a bigger version of it, do you mind sharing it?

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 2:33AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

sayuri12
But...Seol-a was still there. Yes? Definitely not alone. He didn't even tried to make Seol-a leave. He just mentioned the nails that might injure No-rae. Not necessarily mean that he wants Seol-a out.

And yes, he still cares about No-rae so it can't be helped. Also, No-rae isn't even trying to avoid him on their earlier meetings, in fact, she's talking normally with him. Ex or not, they still have connection so it is understandable that he wants to take care of No-rae still.

That too.

I think I didn't make it clear with how I worded things. I was trying to imagine a scenario of what if they were left alone or given more space when comparing the whole what is appropriate or inappropriate thing. Also I think you misunderstood me, If there's anything I like about this story is how Sungpyo and Norae's relationship is still decent despite their past. Like, it takes a lot for two people to be friends after being romantic. Both Norae and Sungpyo were said to be pretty similar in a lot of ways and I think that mature trait they have is actually endearing.
So I do think he's a nice guy and I do want things to get resolved in a nice and tidy way. But yeah, I still think he forgot that he was an Ex and can't cross a few lines despite still caring for Norae...that is, when he wanted to stay longer to make sure she's okay. Seola is a friend and was already there to take care of her so he could've left after he was no longer needed. So it was inappropriate in that way for him to stay any longer or do anything more. Damn. Really, it hurts for anyone to be in such a situation. So I pity the guy a lot.

joined Jun 10, 2015

@takachi

overdaline, could you draw a small cute comic where
Norae asks Seola: Hey, what happened to your nails last night
Seola replies with a cunning grin: I cut them for you, babe!
And then Norae goes all red and embarrassed xD

Ah I'm having lectures right now tho T^T will be at it later I hope if I'm not knocked out in my bed with blood bleeding out of ma brain asdfghjkl haha

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Thia-sama I made the avatar like, 3 months ago, soo the bigger version is most likely gone by now lol, but i can make it again :) waaait a moment

EDIT: here ya go, of course i made sungji smile, and this is the biggest i can make before seolrae becomes too pixelated

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 5:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.