Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

I'm practically a noobie here and I might not fully understand what I am saying but here goes my opinion about the latest chapters anyway...

So, I am thinking that Sung-Pyo (Mr. No-rae's Ex)'s appearance isn't coincidental. I think Hye-gyeong (No-rae's Uni BFF who witnessed No-rae's and Sung-pyo's break up and later on suffering after the break up first hand) is secretly trying to play cupid and bring back the two together. I surely didn't miss the part where she texted stuff and even approached Sung-pyo later on when No-rae got wasted. It's as if she predicted the outcome thus, saw an opening for Sung-pyo to enter the scene without people suspecting anything. That's why there's a part somewhere where Seol-a said that if it isn't a coincidence, what would she do?

Well, I don't know what Seol-a could do because Exes are the hardest rivals of all because they are the ones you have to surpass because they'll probably be the recent standard of the person you like. Because let's face it, comparison between the present and the ex will be inevitable. But who knows what will happen next. I just love predicting but I love it how Ssamba surprises me more every chapter. I am supporting this Manwha whatever the turn out of events would be. On the other hand, maybe it's not Seol-a who has to do anything this time, it should be No-rae.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So, I am thinking that Sung-Pyo (Mr. No-rae's Ex)'s appearance isn't coincidental. I think Hye-gyeong (No-rae's Uni BFF who witnessed No-rae's and Sung-pyo's break up and later on suffering after the break up first hand) is secretly trying to play cupid and bring back the two together. I surely didn't miss the part where she texted stuff and even approached Sung-pyo later on when No-rae got wasted.

Yeah I noticed that too. It felt like she might have texted Sung-Pyo to come. but on the other hand it was a University party, so it's normal that he appeared now. But the text was a little suspicious. Who knows, maybe he even said to her that he wants to go back with No-rae and he needs her help. Sounds too much, but not impossible

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

So, I am thinking that Sung-Pyo (Mr. No-rae's Ex)'s appearance isn't coincidental. I think Hye-gyeong (No-rae's Uni BFF who witnessed No-rae's and Sung-pyo's break up and later on suffering after the break up first hand) is secretly trying to play cupid and bring back the two together. I surely didn't miss the part where she texted stuff and even approached Sung-pyo later on when No-rae got wasted. It's as if she predicted the outcome thus, saw an opening for Sung-pyo to enter the scene without people suspecting anything. That's why there's a part somewhere where Seol-a said that if it isn't a coincidence, what would she do?

Following that line of reasoning, it occurs to me that Hye-gyeong could even have arranged for the powerful drink to "accidentally" end up in front of No-rae. Well, probably not given her apparent reaction to No-rae's behavior earlier, but it's a thought.

Also, it sounds to me like the party was an informal one involving one or a few classes, or maybe just the department (organized by the student who doesn't have any classes on Friday), so Sung-Pyo might not have been among those originally invited. That would be why Hye-gyeong had to text him. It's just a guess.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 12:39PM

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Ummm, Hye-gyeong texted Seol-a... That's why Seol-a later thought- "can she really stop at her limit?"- it was a reference to their texts.

Also sung-pyos friend says "they must be having a party" when they walked in, so their being there was totally coincidental.

Also Hye-gyeong didn't get No-rae purposely drunk and Sung-pyo didn't try to talk to any of 'em during the party.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 1:52PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

It's ambiguous, but I don't think Hye-gyeong was texting Sung-pyo, I'm fairly certain she was texting Seol-a. The texts are shown before Sung-pyo arrived (so before he could've seen No-rae drinking a lot). Plus the line "But she usually stops drinking at her limit. Everything will probably be fine~" is mirrored later when Seol-a thinks "...Is she really the type to stop drinking at her limit?"

As for whether Hye-gyeong is playing matchmaker, it's certainly possible, since she's said before that she thought No-rae and Sung-pyo went really well together. It might have been a factor in her asking Sung-pyo to take No-rae home. But I don't think she invited Sung-pyo to the party (since the original plan was to leave quickly, though No-rae threw a wrench in that), and her orchestrating the drink swap is definitely out of the question because that would be an absolutely shitty thing to do.

Edit: looks like xphrnzrjh beat me to it, pretty much what they said

takachi, I mentioned some of my predictions a few days ago here. I also would get a kick out of a super-awkward scenario like ffins07 mentioned (No-rae waking up to find both of them there) haha

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 2:01PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

The fanart thread has been updated! I'm not as good at finding fanart as anon is because the only place I check is the FF Tumblr tag, but there's still quite a few new pieces. Check it out :)

@Knightingale: What I was trying to (and failed to, apparently) say is there's a difference between pointing out flaws in a series, vs. expecting the series to be something that it very much isn't then being disappointed and complaining when it inevitably doesn't meet said expectations. There's been a mix of both in this thread, and while I'm fine with the former, the latter is getting tiring. This is speaking generally though, not about your posts in particular.

FF would certainly be a better slice-of-life if the characters' lives were more interesting to talk about.

I guess we have different definitions of slice-of-life. For me it just refers to the episodic format itself, where we get snapshots of the character's lives, but different snapshots aren't necessarily connected plot-wise, and don't have to have a strong plot structure of their own (complete with some sort of climax and resolution). It has nothing to do with whether the contents of a given snapshot are romantic or what you call "secondary plot-stuff" like No-rae's school troubles etc.

Hmm, but couldn’t you actually look at these points as a description of episodic storytelling in general? Like, any secondary, romantic will-they-or-won’t-they-plot in a crime-procedural can have big romantic moments in one episode but we don’t expect this romance to get resolved in that episode or the next or change their dynamic fundamentally or have a big impact on the procedural.

I don't really watch procedurals (or much TV in general) so idk, probably? I'm a little confused about what you were trying to say here. But running with this comparison, then going back to expectations, the issue is that some people want something nice and focused like a romcom movie when FF is closer to a romantic storyline in a procedural (assuming what you said is correct).

I see it that way: The problem here is rising expectations. The bigger the romantic moment is the higher the audience’s expectations for its consequences are. Imagine the same scene with its result just being Norae blushing and trying to leave the room as fast as possible. It’s easier to imagine that moment to not have very big consequences. Sure, then some of the less satisfied readers will say “Where’s my progress?!” but if Ssamba’s style isn’t interested in creating a consequence-driven escalation and creating mounting tension (as you say, it just goes up and down) in the narrative why include such a big moment like a nearly-kissing-scene in the first place? Now some people hope something will happen in chapter 69. And I think that’s still rising expectations at work here. I think we all looked at that moment and thought: “What will happen next?”

imo the way that chapter ended didn't at all suggest a big (plot) consequence for following chapters? No-rae didn't run away but Seol-a pretty much beat her to it, with her abrupt "I'm gonna sleep" and then hiding under blankets while blushing like crazy. And No-rae's "idk what the hell came over me" made it pretty clear that the almost-kiss was for her, a reckless lapse in judgement caused by getting caught up in the moment and being slightly drunk. Definitely not something she planned to follow up on. One consequence the almost-kiss did have though was to boost the ust in the following chapters lol. But that's more of a character effect than a plot one.

Also, I think people are bringing up chapter 69 jokingly rather than actually expecting it to be more likely to contain action than any another chapter number. Plus I have no idea if 69 has the same meaning for Koreans...

So it IS inconsistent. But you’re also right in describing it as deliberate. It isn’t like any chapter has fallen apart internally because of these choices. I just wish there would be some sort of pattern to these stylistic choice besides Ssamba’s personal preference for how she wants to present a chapter.

If by "inconsistent" you mean varies from chapter to chapter, then sure, you can call it that. But it seems like what you're saying is that is just depends on what ssamba randomly feels like each week, in which case I disagree. A lot of storytelling tools are most effective when used in moderation. Like if a story has a plot twist every chapter then you'd stop taking it seriously, right? I think ssamba includes stuff like internal monologues when they're needed in the story, not just on a whim.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 5:35PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

My two-cents, to show that I'm not only about criticism...

The latest chapter, with Sung-pyo and Seol-a bringing back home a very drunk No-rae is an obvious setup for a conversation between the two. if it doesn't happen or it time-skips to something else (the morning after, or even later), it'll be disappointing.

It surely won't be disappointing to me if you get disappointed xD By the way, what do you think they will talk about?

And sorry about making this thread radioactive... ^^

you don't have to, radioactive decay affects you just as much as it affects us :P

Nya-chan, I find you are cool. I sincerely mean it. :D

yeah, as cool as a corpse xDDDD

Yes, I think so too I think the story is good now but if it drags on more it won't be as good. For now the dragging hasn't been too bad I think, it just makes feel on the edge buuut! now we need to move forward a bit!

if you feel it's dragging I suggest you to give it a pause for, say 20 chapters, and then read them all in one go and wait for more 20 chapters. The pacing is awesome on the large scale actually. I think you should really get invested into chapter by chapter reading and discussions if you're into small details that Ssamba also really cares about,

I'm practically a noobie here and I might not fully understand what I am saying but here goes my opinion about the latest chapters anyway...

Welcome to the thread!!! <3 <3 <3

Yeah, I really like this interpretation. And to those saying she texted Seola, well, she could've texted both, you know. Like she could've texted Sungpyo way earlier. And I really like the idea with Hyegyong "forcing" that crazy drink on Norae while Seola was away. It's not like she planned it from the start but I think she could've just use the situation. Would be funny to read a coversation between Hyegyeong and Sungpyo in the next chapter with a flashback to the conversation between Seola and Sungpyo.
HG: Hey, so did everything go well?
SP: No not at all, that other girl again... What was her name - Seola, right? She took Norae to her room and wouldn't let me care of Norae over the night. And Norae was murmuring, 'Seola, Seola...', the whole freaking time on my shoulder... Are they a couple or something...? I've never seen Norae caring so much about anyone.

Fungoid <_<

oh, so you're a mushroom! How cute and sweet!!!

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 7:50PM

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

hiya, just wana say there's very high chance that i'll do the typeset for this week's chapter :)
happy lurking!

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Also Hye-gyeong didn't get No-rae purposely drunk and Sung-pyo didn't try to talk to any of 'em during the party.

Well, i did say "it's as if she predicted the outcome" not purposely active on wasting No-rae. Hehehe.

It's ambiguous, but I don't think Hye-gyeong was texting Sung-pyo, I'm fairly certain she was texting Seol-a. The texts are shown before Sung-pyo arrived (so before he could've seen No-rae drinking a lot). Plus the line "But she usually stops drinking at her limit. Everything will probably be fine~" is mirrored later when Seol-a thinks "...Is she really the type to stop drinking at her limit?"

As for whether Hye-gyeong is playing matchmaker, it's certainly possible, since she's said before that she thought No-rae and Sung-pyo went really well together. It might have been a factor in her asking Sung-pyo to take No-rae home. But I don't think she invited Sung-pyo to the party (since the original plan was to leave quickly, though No-rae threw a wrench in that), and her orchestrating the drink swap is definitely out of the question because that would be an absolutely shitty thing to do.

Edit: looks like xphrnzrjh beat me to it, pretty much what they said

Texting Seol-a? Okay. As for the rest...like I said, it's as if Hye-gyeong predicted it since No-rae is drinking a lot. Ehe. :3

Thanks for the warm welcome? Lol. This is a fun thread. Kakko warai.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Morning peops. (-- _ -- )

...food.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

takachi posted:

Ok, that was just low.

7ee8f4a1-e5d8-45b2-9cbc-58f7e7d8b420
joined Jan 31, 2016

Good Morning everyone! Dont forget to Stretch your fingers cuz the time is almost here to begin our morning routine of refreshing comico for our favorite manhwa!

Stretching is a great way to prevent injuries on our delicate fingers which we need to use for later tasks ^ω^

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

"prevent injuries on our delicate fingers which we need to use for later tasks"......... damn you, dirty mind

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 9:08AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nevri posted:

takachi posted:

Ok, that was just low.

Ugh. I thought this was going to fly under the radar, through I agree it was really unfair slipped in the middle of all that.

Not responding at all would've been the best option, it seems to me, @takachi. In recent months, Nya-chan's comments have generally been targeted at the work. It doesn't matter how critical, sarcastic, "opinionated" or otherwise. I'd guess that most of the comments in this forum are more emotional than constructive. It's not like we're paid critics or something. As long as we're talking about Fluttering Feelings it should be okay to share whatever.

Some people here post more frequently when they're squealing over something. Some people tend to post sarcastic jokes. I can appreciate both (and the latter are more likely to make me laugh). They're equally valid reactions. No one has to like everyone or every thing, but we should respect everyone participating and how they participate so long as they aren't tearing down others.

Yeah, it can definitely stink when you're cheering over the latest release and someone comes and rains grumpy poop on the story, but that's life. And, for the record, I think @Nya-chan has been consistent and genuine in her replies, and more forth coming in recent months. I'm not saying all of the posts get a pass, but it seems to me that's she's really trying and collectively, I'd hope we would honor that.

@Nevri, thank you for standing up for Nya-chan. @Nya-chan thank you for sticking to your opinions and voicing them (not that you've had any problem with that). Thank you to everyone else who's been posting lately, enriching the discussion. Again, there seem to be a lot more voices in the mix this year, which is awesome.

Now, can we please drop this and move onto just anticipating the new chapter to day (and hopefully reading it).

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 9:12AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...Darn. I'm an hour early. Stinking DST...

I need to find something to do. ... :(

joined Apr 5, 2015

Wow I had such a bad long ass work week and the weekend just flew by. But that also means a release is coming soon! Those who are planning to cook, cook nowwww.

Didn't have the time to flip through the previous pages but last I saw was ffins07 on opinions. I did caught wind of some drama or two over the past month, but brushed it aside. More importantly, surely we can agree to disagree? Nya-chan might have his/her gripes on the series, while I enjoy it come what may. Opinions are just that, our own, and it is pretty fun and insightful to read what others have to say. :)

Let's sit back, chill, and enjoy the ride.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Hello my fellow FF fans, I've been occupied by a lot of things this past week, but this rising hour of my Sunday can only be for FF and FF alone. I've missed you guys!

Lets get our party started!!!!

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

when ieeheh is here, you know it's time to kick things into gear :P

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

when ieeheh is here, you know it's time to kick things into gear :P

Kicking time!!!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

and again late...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

takachi posted:

Ok, that was just low.

hi5
And I was JUST thinking how nice that comment was, and boom, out takachi comes again

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 10:03AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

takachi posted:

Ok, that was just low.

lolwhat? It was just a friendly joke! Teasing of some sort, nothing more! I'm really surprised at your hurting reaction and blaming me personally for being low. That's just plain ridiculous.

Ok, that was just low.

Ugh. I thought this was going to fly under the radar, through I agree it was really unfair slipped in the middle of all that.

there's one thing I learned from this thread - do not reply with a wall of drama to anything that is offtopic. And therefore I'll shut up myself waiting for the new chapter!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

and again late...

Ssamba loves building up suspense lol

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015
Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

takachi posted:

Ok, that was just low.

lolwhat? It was just a friendly joke!

yeah, as friendly as a corpse

To reply you must either login or sign up.