Forum › Sentimental Dust discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yeah, you're surely not.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Does someone have the raws of this title?

joined Oct 3, 2014

The Chinese scanlation is complete if you care to google for it. Bakaupdates has the title in Chinese that you can copy-paste.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

The Chinese scanlation is complete if you care to google for it. Bakaupdates has the title in Chinese that you can copy-paste.

Thanks.
I'm glad my Chinese is proficient enough to read it.

joined Oct 3, 2014

Thanks.
I'm glad my Chinese is proficient enough to read it.

Does that imply you are proficient enough to read Japanese? How does do sarcasm?

You can crawl through http://safe.yuriproject.net/ if you really want the Japanese raws. But actually just googling "raw sentimental dust ch03 mediafire" gave me the results anyway so here ya go =P

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tac91a6rf1deer3/%5BRaw%5D+Sentimental+Dust+ch03.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3e2gk7xbo9e9coc/%5BRaw%5D+Sentimental+Dust+ch04.zip
Sorry I can't find the extra chapter.

I'm still rooting for childhood-friend-san.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I kinda liked the first chapter, as it's pretty refreshing to have the MC figure out that her bff is crushing on her straight away. I can get why she wants to put the friendship first, I used to have a super close friendship similar to this (before she turned into a bitch lolol) and making the jump from that to potentially going out with her would've been weird.

Sometimes it DOES take that jealousy to make you realise, and well I don't have many problems with the MC as a character, she's not great but she's not bad either. I feel like the pacing is a little off in this though, it started off like it would be nice and slow and then suddenly next chapter OH YEAH BTW IM DATING SENSEI

the sensei is down right fucking terrible. Where does she get off telling her students thats its essentially their fault that their bff got with her and its NOT HER FAULT if she's potentially cheating on her as YOU BROKE HER HEART FIRST because youre unsure about your sexuality HOW DARE YOU, YOURE THE WORST.

/rant

(I'm sure we'll see the sensei being 'cool' and giving stupid cryptic advice later on on how to steal her back, but god ugh noooo)

joined Jun 12, 2015
Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I think it's too late about that. If we're going from the colored pages which are probably a bit in the future, Ayu sees Hii and the teacher kissing.

Am I the only one who thinks the mangaka might be messing with us? That scene is certainly made to look like a kiss, to certainly be something that gives both us and the MC the impression of a kiss. But it's a bad view . . . worse for us because we can't see the contact point past the MC's head. But it strikes me as one of those things that could be angle--like their faces are very close but the impression of contact could be false.

I'm sorry to blow up your theory but this page http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sentimental_dust_ch01#17 is obviously jealousy because at this point they are already dating. This is not done to protect her or anything because they are quite close.

She blew it. She had her chance and blew it.

No, as of ch. 2 my notion that it was fake is pretty thoroughly blown up. But "She had her chance and blew it"? Really? I find that rather callous. But also, story's over then, is it? Don't think so.

I am now thoroughly hating on the teacher. Even if you're thinking, like lots of people here apparently, "Yeah, someone needed to tell the MC what's what because she's horrible and deserves horrible things to happen to her"--which has struck me as a really exaggerated and somewhat nasty reaction to her--it's still ludicrously vicious and immature for a teacher to be talking that way to her 14-15 year old student. Teachers have lots of students, and there may be lots of students they don't appreciate as people. It is not OK for them to just shred the kids and traumatize them for their personal enjoyment or catharsis or whatever. Even if it might be OK for someone to be saying that shit to that girl, she is emphatically not a someone who should be doing it. Really, no adult should, but it's worse for someone with a professional duty of care.

Meanwhile, while there are times when I can buy a student-teacher romance, even maybe when the student is that young, this is not one of those times. Frankly, that teacher's not "dating" Hii-chan. She's messing with her. The most un-cynical construction I can put on what she's doing is that her judgment is totally failing because the situation has her reliving old traumas, she's become obsessed with revenge against the MC for what someone she sees as like the MC did to her once upon a time, and she's just lost sight of what it's likely to do to the girl she's "dating". The more cynical construction is, she's using the secondary lead as a toy and justifying it to herself with things like her spiteful speech to the MC. There's no indication she has real feelings for her. So, what, she's helping the girl recover from her broken heart by pulling her into a rebound relationship that will break her heart in a much more twisted way? Oh, that's just grand.

As to the MC and whether she's horrible and deserves it all, I'm with the people who have a more gentle opinion of her. People can be imperfect and dumb without being horrible bitches. She's young, she's foolish, and as far as she could tell she didn't want a romantic relationship but she wanted as close and long term a relationship as she could possibly have short of that. So she tried to get that, acted like a best friend rather than a romantic partner. If secondary lead felt it was better to break off than be best friends, that is a decision she could make.

What should the main character have done? Should she have gone with the romance even though that wasn't what she (thought she) wanted? Is that how it works, people? What if secondary lead was a guy, is it a girl's responsibility to go out with him even if she doesn't return his feelings? Obviously not. OK, then should she have made the decision for Hii-chan that if she wasn't going to be her lover she should push her away and break off their relationship entirely? Would that have been an OK, right thing to do? What if that's not what Hii-chan wanted, is it the MC's responsibility to have given it to her for her own good whether she wanted it or not?
Really, there isn't a perfect solution for this kind of situation. The object of unrequited feelings is going to cause pain no matter what they do. You could say she should have had her feelings better sorted out. No doubt. But requiring that as a condition for not considering someone a horrible bitch at 14-15 basically means you have to hate every underage human being in the world and most adults. This seems an overreaction to human imperfection.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Nice

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I read the first few pages of chapter 1.... I think I'll mark this in my "To Read" List and come back if this get's a happy ending...

I hope there will be more than 1 chap/year, thought..

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Chapter 4 had ended but the extra is definitely better due to their marriage, I mean, two friends(now lovers) marrying each other.

last edited at Feb 24, 2016 3:42AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

It seems I'm the only one who thinks it's Ayu's own fault for pushing Hii-Chan anyway (keeping a "distance") to begin with.

last edited at Feb 18, 2016 6:39PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It seems I'm the only one who thinks it's Ayu's own fault for pushing Hii-Chan anyway (keeping a "distance") to begin with.

No, there are lots. If I look over the pages of this thread I'd say there are more taking that position than disagreeing. Even I think that in theory, since as it turns out she actually loves Hii-chan, the optimal reaction would have been to just go for it and be happily in love from the start. So in a sense, sure, she fucked up. What I disagree with is that most of the people taking that position move from "She fucked up" to "She is a horrible person who deserves whatever she gets, and good on sensei for screwing both of them over as long as it gives Ayu her comeuppance".

It is not necessary in love relationships that go awry for someone to be a villain. The fact is that while she does love Hii-chan, romantically even, she didn't know that at the time. You kind of have to go with the self-understanding you got at the time something happens.

joined Aug 14, 2015

I'm still of the theory that Hii-chan and the teacher is doing a fake relationship to push Ayu to act.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I think you all need to realize that these are all just kids still.
Sensei is supposed to be the 'bigger person' and yet she's the one that has the power to potentially break 2 people's hearts just because she felt she didn't like the way Ayu decided to handle her mixed feelings about her best friend? Really?

Going out with a best friend always has that potential risk of the relationship going bad, if they break up from a fight or if one of them didn't actually have feelings for the other then it would be difficult to become friends again, or well, become as close as they were before.
Ayu was confused and didn't know what she wanted because she's young and probably never experienced love or a relationship and/or all that good stuff and probably didn't want to take the risk of destroying her relationship with her best friend if it all went terribly wrong.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder (I think) and Ayu is probably experiencing that. Since they're best friends (and one person has more intense feelings than the other) they were probably attached at the hip - like how all dem school girls are - and so Ayu probably thought they'd always be together. It was only when they finally started doing separate things, hung out less that Ayu realized how much she liked Hii-chan.

Though in all honesty, I am pretty skeptical about whether those feelings are actually love or just mild possessive behaviour since Hii-chan has always been there.

Regardless, my point is that Ayu didn't do anything wrong, she was just unsure and did what any normal person would do, which is protect themselves and their feelings and does not deserve to be told "It was your fault". Sensei has no right when she doesn't even care about Hii-chan (seriously, what is her full name?? I looked around, am I just blind?!)

But yeah, that's my take.

Edit: I tried ranting but apparently I wasn't able to match the colossal size of Purple Library Guy's comment xD

last edited at Feb 19, 2016 2:52AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

This series is going at a lightning pace and suffering terribly for it.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Edit: I tried ranting but apparently I wasn't able to match the colossal size of Purple Library Guy's comment xD

Yes, well. I'm a notorious loudmouth. I can pontificate forever. :)

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Jeez... Just like the song of Jason Mraz "you only know that you love her when you let her go"

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

The MC is a wuss yeah but the teacher is a disgusting cheating bitch.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hnngg I feel really conflicted about this
I'm really curious about how the plot will unfold, and I'm likely only rooting for childhood friend because she's the mc and whenever she angsts about something I angst and feel like shit too. but hnngg I just want everyone to be happy :/
I know she was cruel in a way, to Hii-chan, but I don't really like the teacher, she feels really off to me.
It's not super professional of her to be dating someone underage, her own student too. Like yeah, there's the romanticised student-teacher relationships portrayed in fiction, but I don't feel like it's one of them, it really makes me feel uneasy. The teacher works as emotional support and guidance for Hii-chan, but in a romantic relationship, idk how to say this but, has too much power over her.
I can't really tell if it's in fact too late for mc, or if she still has time, or if she even should confess to Hii-chan her feelings, despite the conflict it will create. Poor Hii-chan. Might as well now or never, so I guess that I appreciate mc trying to be honest, but I really don't know if she should have kept it for herself. I don't know how Hii-chan's gonna react, maybe very badly. Hii-chan's finally, found some kind of [perhaps unstable] happiness (she thinks), and mc is clearly intruding on that. I can't decide if mc is being selfish or at least, trying to be honest.
I'm not sure if what I want from this story is "just" (mc accepting her feelings and Hii-chan accpeting her confession), or if I'll be able to accept what I think is the "just" ending (if Hii-chan finds happiness without mc).
This is a really conflicting plot, it's not immediately clear what a "happy ending" would be. I really want to see this unfold.

last edited at Feb 19, 2016 5:41PM

joined May 23, 2013

Am I the only one who find this characters except the sensei awfully annoying. I can't even enjoy the series. I don't know.

joined May 23, 2013

I just found out sensei cheating on what appears to be a guy. Seriously of all People. Sensei look like a hard ass lesbian I don't understand. This is where labels don't matter I guess I'm glad I am asexual.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I just found out sensei cheating on what appears to be a guy. Seriously of all People. Sensei look like a hard ass lesbian I don't understand. This is where labels don't matter I guess I'm glad I am asexual.

Didn't you read the rest of the chapter?

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

(030) I liked sensei more in chapter two than in chapter one. Ayu is an idiot. But at the same time this Yuri is still better than Citrus or Lily Love.
EDIT: (I meant in relation to the movement of the plot and story in only two chapters.) While Citrus really hasn't done much with all of its chapters (besides add new characters and subtract the old olds). Lily Love has gotten annoying ever since Ploy was introduced.

last edited at Feb 20, 2016 9:40PM

joined May 23, 2013

Hypocrisy is what sensei is and anyone who applauds what she does. How can a professional teacher do that. Its disgust me. How can you tell your students they are at fault for being involve with a student in the first place. I will be very happy I mean even if its evil if she got send to jail for this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.